Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Conceded some sht goals today 22:27 - Aug 26 with 3774 viewstextbackup

But that 4th…

Morsy, on a yellow, flies into that header to try win the ball for us… falls for a 50/50, and that Hutchinson kids attempt to win that was absolutely pisspoor.

Then the ball through destroying Williams.

On the whole we gave them a hell of a game, but sone individual performances out there (imo) weren’t good enough and I’m pretty sure KMc will say the same behind closed doors.

On to cardiff

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Conceded some sht goals today on 22:32 - Aug 26 with 3536 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

They are mistakes that might have gone unpunished in other games, but Leeds have tricky, quick, talented players. Ultimately, I think we have to cut our guys some slack and be realistic, and patient with the project - Leeds had one player costing more than our entire squad, and they beat us by a gnats c0ck.

They face pointless Sheff Weds at Elland road next week, that could get VERY messy, and VERY toxic…
Conceded some sht goals today on 22:39 - Aug 26 with 3504 viewsSarge

Conceded some sht goals today on 22:32 - Aug 26 by SuperKieranMcKenna

They are mistakes that might have gone unpunished in other games, but Leeds have tricky, quick, talented players. Ultimately, I think we have to cut our guys some slack and be realistic, and patient with the project - Leeds had one player costing more than our entire squad, and they beat us by a gnats c0ck.

They face pointless Sheff Weds at Elland road next week, that could get VERY messy, and VERY toxic…

A gritty 0-0 draw would do us nicely there, something to keep the current Wednesday manager in post at least until we play them
Conceded some sht goals today on 22:49 - Aug 26 with 3445 viewsLankHenners

Thought that could have been given as a foul on Morsy really - he got there first then Ampadu clatters him. Certainly other challenges in the game similar to that were. Don't think Hutchinson realised there was a player steaming onto it behind him then I don't really know what Williams was doing, got caught watching the ball and didn't track his man properly.
[Post edited 26 Aug 2023 22:50]

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Conceded some sht goals today on 22:52 - Aug 26 with 3402 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Conceded some sht goals today on 22:49 - Aug 26 by LankHenners

Thought that could have been given as a foul on Morsy really - he got there first then Ampadu clatters him. Certainly other challenges in the game similar to that were. Don't think Hutchinson realised there was a player steaming onto it behind him then I don't really know what Williams was doing, got caught watching the ball and didn't track his man properly.

I thought it was a clear foul

Poll: Our final position

Conceded some sht goals today on 07:56 - Aug 27 with 2979 viewstextbackup

Conceded some sht goals today on 22:49 - Aug 26 by LankHenners

Awareness seems to be an issue with Hutchinson then, you say he wasn’t aware there was a man coming from behind. He also, unbelievably, just moved out of the way to let Chaplins mis-hit go out for a goal kick. Chaplin gave him a hell of a mouthful after that, big learning curve for him, not sure I’m seeing the hype in the times he’s played if I’m honest.

Conceded some sht goals today on 07:59 - Aug 27 with 2968 viewspointofblue

Conceded some sht goals today on 07:56 - Aug 27 by textbackup

Awareness seems to be an issue with Hutchinson then, you say he wasn’t aware there was a man coming from behind. He also, unbelievably, just moved out of the way to let Chaplins mis-hit go out for a goal kick. Chaplin gave him a hell of a mouthful after that, big learning curve for him, not sure I’m seeing the hype in the times he’s played if I’m honest.

I agree. I understand Edwards wants to start games but he'd be a far better option that Hutchinson at the moment. Perhaps even Aluko would be.

Still, Hutchinson has the raw talent. He just needs to learn the mental side of the game. In fairness, I thought yesterday overall was his best game for is, but the bar is low.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Conceded some sht goals today on 08:05 - Aug 27 with 2929 viewstextbackup

Conceded some sht goals today on 07:59 - Aug 27 by pointofblue

I agree. I understand Edwards wants to start games but he'd be a far better option that Hutchinson at the moment. Perhaps even Aluko would be.

Still, Hutchinson has the raw talent. He just needs to learn the mental side of the game. In fairness, I thought yesterday overall was his best game for is, but the bar is low.

Our squad are so finely tuned to battle and fight for the ball back, that seeing someone come in that isn’t anywhere near that level, they stick out like a sore thumb.

He’s featured in every game so far, I think, so KM clearly rates him (meaning I should just STFU) but I don’t know, I’m not seeing it personally.

We shall see though

Conceded some sht goals today on 08:06 - Aug 27 with 2911 viewsKieran_Knows

I think it was the first goal which wound me up. A bloke who cost £40m, hadn’t scored since he signed in January, shot of confidence … yet somehow managed to dance round 5 of our players (well taken goal in fairness) and you could see after that the weight lifted off his shoulders.

All 4 were avoidable, annoyingly. But, hopefully that’s opened eyes to a few people that if we want to challenge for top 6 this season, we badly need at least 3 bodies of real quality in the door this week.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2023 8:08]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Login to get fewer ads

Conceded some sht goals today on 08:09 - Aug 27 with 2881 viewstextbackup

Conceded some sht goals today on 08:06 - Aug 27 by Kieran_Knows

I think it was the first goal which wound me up. A bloke who cost £40m, hadn’t scored since he signed in January, shot of confidence … yet somehow managed to dance round 5 of our players (well taken goal in fairness) and you could see after that the weight lifted off his shoulders.

All 4 were avoidable, annoyingly. But, hopefully that’s opened eyes to a few people that if we want to challenge for top 6 this season, we badly need at least 3 bodies of real quality in the door this week.

Can only imagine KM will go to MA and say ‘Saturday is proof if ever you needed it’

Surely irons are in the fire and ready to go

Conceded some sht goals today on 08:15 - Aug 27 with 2846 viewstractorboy1978

Conceded some sht goals today on 08:05 - Aug 27 by textbackup

Our squad are so finely tuned to battle and fight for the ball back, that seeing someone come in that isn’t anywhere near that level, they stick out like a sore thumb.

He’s featured in every game so far, I think, so KM clearly rates him (meaning I should just STFU) but I don’t know, I’m not seeing it personally.

We shall see though

He looks exactly what he is to me - a kid with a lot of raw ability that hasn't played any (bar one cup appearance) first team football before coming here. His decision making is going to be frustrating at times. McKenna also asks a lot of players positionally and tactically and you can see he's still learning.

I thought yesterday was his best appearance though. Fought hard to win a couple of balls back and looked lively. He could do with starting at Reading and getting a goal/strong 70 minutes under his belt I think.
Conceded some sht goals today on 08:18 - Aug 27 with 2817 viewsfranz_tyson

I thought Hutchinson was at fault for their fourth. Far too weak. I did feel he improved after that, though. To be fair to Williams, the timing of the run and ball through was perfect and it would have caught most players out.

Yes, we conceded sh1f goals, but they were far more ruthless than we're used to. Let's be honest, our goals had an element of luck and bad defending to them, too.
Conceded some sht goals today on 08:20 - Aug 27 with 2812 viewsPioneerBlue

Without shooting OH down. It was always a high ish risk option to take a first time loan and expect they slot straight into men’s football.

Either he will learn quickly, adjust and contribute what we expect otherwise he settles and shares minutes therefore helping not run our starters into the ground or he goes back in Jan!

I agree, as it stands he’s one that is finding the step up to be more difficult and he is making mistakes or taking decisions that lead to goals which is a different thing to those that are finding the adjustment difficult where they are not leading to goals.

He’s quite combative therefore it was a shame he didn’t get something on Leeds when they countered for the 4th goal.

Examples
Luton pre season he lost the ball and they countered to score; Leeds he failed to win or effectively tactical foul and they countered to score.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2023 8:31]

Blog: Ipswich Ramblings

Conceded some sht goals today on 09:39 - Aug 27 with 2549 viewsLankHenners

Conceded some sht goals today on 07:56 - Aug 27 by textbackup

Still has a bit of learning to do with regards to getting used to the difference between youth and mens football which is understandable but you’d hope we’d start to see that progress before too long. In his defence he’s only had a handful of minutes at the end of games and a start in a completely changed team so far, would like to a good performance from him against Reading though as you’d think he’d start there.

Thought that was a bit harsh from Chaplin really, was crap from him in terms of decision making and execution to lash at that with his weak foot and, from my view, didn’t really look like OH could do much about it which is why he was looking a bit bemused when Chaplin was shouting at him.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Conceded some sht goals today on 09:57 - Aug 27 with 2465 viewsnrb1985

Conceded some sht goals today on 07:59 - Aug 27 by pointofblue

I made this point also in the close season that we are likely to be in more positions this year like yesterday where we need to chase the game and therefore having Edwards would be important.

Not a slight on KM but you can understand how frustrating it must have been to be consistently be behind Harness in the pecking order despite Harness not having played well since his injury.

We didn’t look pre game like we would have a lot coming off the bench and so it proved.
Conceded some sht goals today on 10:03 - Aug 27 with 2446 viewsITFC_Forever

Hutchinson is a typical academy kid.

Used to playing on doing all the technical stuff, immaculate pitches - but in matches where they barely tackle and learn the tough stuff…. Then sent elsewhere to make mistakes on their time.

I’d pick Edwards over Hutchinson any day at the moment.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Conceded some sht goals today on 11:17 - Aug 27 with 2303 viewsITFCBlues

Conceded some sht goals today on 08:06 - Aug 27 by Kieran_Knows

100% agreed. Desperate to add 2 or 3 players of real quality to this squad. It's what I'd expected to happen at the end of last season and it's what I hope will happen now. The options from the bench are just not good enough currently.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Conceded some sht goals today on 11:26 - Aug 27 with 2257 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Conceded some sht goals today on 11:17 - Aug 27 by ITFCBlues

100% agreed. Desperate to add 2 or 3 players of real quality to this squad. It's what I'd expected to happen at the end of last season and it's what I hope will happen now. The options from the bench are just not good enough currently.

“The options from the bench are just not good enough currently.”

You mean the squad that won 3 games out of 3, including away at Sunderland? Of course we can strengthen, but we’ve shown we can more than compete at this level. What you wrote just doesn’t hold up.

Sure we want to compete at the top end, but it takes time (not to mention financial restrictions) to build a squad for a crack at promotion. The bed wetting by some at narrowly losing to a team with one player worth more than our squad is ridiculous. First defeat in 7 months, I dread to think at some of the crying if we don’t beat Cardiff.
Conceded some sht goals today on 11:41 - Aug 27 with 2208 viewsITFC_Forever

Conceded some sht goals today on 11:26 - Aug 27 by SuperKieranMcKenna

“The options from the bench are just not good enough currently.”

You mean the squad that won 3 games out of 3, including away at Sunderland? Of course we can strengthen, but we’ve shown we can more than compete at this level. What you wrote just doesn’t hold up.

Sure we want to compete at the top end, but it takes time (not to mention financial restrictions) to build a squad for a crack at promotion. The bed wetting by some at narrowly losing to a team with one player worth more than our squad is ridiculous. First defeat in 7 months, I dread to think at some of the crying if we don’t beat Cardiff.

We should be beating Cardiff, so yes, I expect some will be disappointed if we don’t.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Conceded some sht goals today on 11:44 - Aug 27 with 2185 viewspointofblue

Conceded some sht goals today on 11:41 - Aug 27 by ITFC_Forever

We should be beating Cardiff, so yes, I expect some will be disappointed if we don’t.

Agreed. Yesterday could be argued as expected but we should beat Cardiff really. Will we? No game is easy at this level.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Conceded some sht goals today on 11:49 - Aug 27 with 2159 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

Conceded some sht goals today on 11:41 - Aug 27 by ITFC_Forever

So would I, but there’s a difference between ‘disappointed’, and hot takes like ‘we’ve been found out’, ‘we can’t compete without 3 new signings’, ‘I’ll drive him back to Old Trafford’. And other such b0llox.
Conceded some sht goals today on 11:55 - Aug 27 with 2097 viewsITFCBlues

Conceded some sht goals today on 11:49 - Aug 27 by SuperKieranMcKenna

So would I, but there’s a difference between ‘disappointed’, and hot takes like ‘we’ve been found out’, ‘we can’t compete without 3 new signings’, ‘I’ll drive him back to Old Trafford’. And other such b0llox.

The only one doing any bed wetting is you!

Reality is, to compete in this division at the top end, we'd need to add more quality as yesterday proved. Ashton has said on numerous times we're not here to make the numbers up. If that's the case, he now needs to deliver because we're likely to fall short without further additions.

Poll: Has our squad been improved this summer?

Conceded some sht goals today on 12:47 - Aug 27 with 1977 viewsbilllm

Should have been a foul there player just jumps into him and to top it of feins injury
Conceded some sht goals today on 02:11 - Aug 28 with 1651 viewsbraveblue

Morsy was fouled.
Conceded some sht goals today on 10:12 - Aug 28 with 1291 viewstextbackup

Conceded some sht goals today on 02:11 - Aug 28 by braveblue

Morsy was fouled.

Na, if it was the other way round, and it was given against us we’d have gone apesht

Conceded some sht goals today on 13:43 - Aug 28 with 1124 viewsBlueySwede

Williams just seemed very slow in that situation (but as others have said, it wasn´t a situation that he should be put in). The first three goals were probably worse to concede.
McKenna makes very few mistakes and he usually gets his subs right. However, I just think it was the wrong game to throw Williams and even Hutchinson in. Just my opinion.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024