Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The club have now released the 12" extended mix of Wes' goal 20:53 - Dec 3 with 3634 viewsGlasgowBlue

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

TOTAL FOOTBALL on 21:27 - Dec 3 with 3444 viewsunstableblue

What a thing of beauty.. what a thing to have seen

The incredible thing is we're mounting passages of passing like that numerous times in every home game

Its remarkable

Celebrate it

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

TOTAL FOOTBALL on 22:05 - Dec 3 with 3325 viewsGlasgowBlue

TOTAL FOOTBALL on 21:27 - Dec 3 by unstableblue

What a thing of beauty.. what a thing to have seen

The incredible thing is we're mounting passages of passing like that numerous times in every home game

Its remarkable

Celebrate it

I know I've been championing Vas for a long time now but he really is an 11th outfield player. So important to the way we play.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

TOTAL FOOTBALL on 22:14 - Dec 3 with 3278 viewsunstableblue

TOTAL FOOTBALL on 22:05 - Dec 3 by GlasgowBlue

I know I've been championing Vas for a long time now but he really is an 11th outfield player. So important to the way we play.

So interesting you mention Vas.. I was watching Walton warm up on Saturday.. I just thought 'WOW' how on earth is he so far away from being our number one... and its all down to Vas being a great (stop shopper) ball player, and as you say he's like an outfield player.. crucial to starting us off.. in some of these McKenna ball moves

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

The club have now released the 12" extended mix of Wes' goal on 22:37 - Dec 3 with 3194 viewsWicklowBlue

Liquid football!!! Short one two passes and that switch ball over to Leif... has to be a goal of the year contender. That finish and swerve on the ball. Wow wow wow
The club have now released the 12" extended mix of Wes' goal on 23:53 - Dec 3 with 3043 viewsIllinoisblue

Wish there was some kind of overhead drone footage so we could see how/why Coventry gave Davis the freedom of Suffolk. Also a wider camera angle so we could see how fast and how far Clarke and Chaplin run to support the move.

It’s all beautiful.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

The club have now released the 12" extended mix of Wes' goal on 04:14 - Dec 4 with 2844 viewscharlie1

The club have now released the 12" extended mix of Wes' goal on 23:53 - Dec 3 by Illinoisblue

Wish there was some kind of overhead drone footage so we could see how/why Coventry gave Davis the freedom of Suffolk. Also a wider camera angle so we could see how fast and how far Clarke and Chaplin run to support the move.

It’s all beautiful.

McKenna spoke in his post-match presser, along the lines of Cov committed an extra player to the press when Vaz, Woolfy, Harry and Morsy were playing it short.

As soon as they saw that one player had lost his positional discipline they switched it behind him.

This really is a team with a very high level of collective understanding.
The club have now released the 12" extended mix of Wes' goal on 06:21 - Dec 4 with 2763 viewsSitfcB

The club have now released the 12" extended mix of Wes' goal on 23:53 - Dec 3 by Illinoisblue

It’s all beautiful.

There’s a new angle on Town In 5 from the back of the SAR stand but it’s just of the finish.

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

The club have now released the 12" extended mix of Wes' goal on 07:59 - Dec 4 with 2584 viewsVic

I hadn’t seen the whole move before - but can only say ‘WOW’! That is a superb move and worthy of any team in the Prem, or even international football. The finish is is obviously a true worldly, but I the team play, the patience at the back and the pass from Leif are simply stunning.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Login to get fewer ads

The club have now released the 12" extended mix of Wes' goal on 08:16 - Dec 4 with 2547 viewsBloomBlue

And another perfect example why we play the ball around/out from the back rather than just hitting it long to the tall striker.
The club have now released the 12" extended mix of Wes' goal on 08:30 - Dec 4 with 2510 viewshomer_123

It’s all beautiful.

This is why, in the second half, Cov didn't press the first ball. They kept with the high block but didn't commit to the press.

In the first half, as they pressed, we played around them wonderfully well and they simply couldn't cope.

Second half, for me, was extremely interesting. We found it much much harder to play through them when they only pressed the second or third ball. By that point we'd slowed the play down so much, we struggled to up a gear.

I fully expect many teams to employ this tactic against us going forward. A high block but not a major press. The high block denies the space for Broadhead and Chappers, in particular, to work in, as the whole team squeezes the space. The, with three sitting in front of our back four, and no press, it was much harder for Morsy and Luongo to be an out ball for the defenders. Was impressed with the change that Robins made during half time.

Something McK will no doubt work on.

As for the goal. Exquisite wasn't it!

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

The club have now released the 12" extended mix of Wes' goal on 08:39 - Dec 4 with 2449 viewsVic

The club have now released the 12" extended mix of Wes' goal on 08:30 - Dec 4 by homer_123

This is why, in the second half, Cov didn't press the first ball. They kept with the high block but didn't commit to the press.

In the first half, as they pressed, we played around them wonderfully well and they simply couldn't cope.

Second half, for me, was extremely interesting. We found it much much harder to play through them when they only pressed the second or third ball. By that point we'd slowed the play down so much, we struggled to up a gear.

I fully expect many teams to employ this tactic against us going forward. A high block but not a major press. The high block denies the space for Broadhead and Chappers, in particular, to work in, as the whole team squeezes the space. The, with three sitting in front of our back four, and no press, it was much harder for Morsy and Luongo to be an out ball for the defenders. Was impressed with the change that Robins made during half time.

Something McK will no doubt work on.

As for the goal. Exquisite wasn't it!

Nice analysis/observation. No idea if you’re right of course, but it sounds good!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

The club have now released the 12" extended mix of Wes' goal on 08:43 - Dec 4 with 2422 viewshomer_123

The club have now released the 12" extended mix of Wes' goal on 08:39 - Dec 4 by Vic

Nice analysis/observation. No idea if you’re right of course, but it sounds good!

Thanks Vic, I think!

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

The club have now released the 12" extended mix of Wes' goal on 08:45 - Dec 4 with 2417 viewsgiant_stow

Ouch, he got some proper curve on that. The rest of it... Meh.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

The club have now released the 12" extended mix of Wes' goal on 09:04 - Dec 4 with 2362 viewsArnoldMoorhen

The club have now released the 12" extended mix of Wes' goal on 08:45 - Dec 4 by giant_stow

Ouch, he got some proper curve on that. The rest of it... Meh.

It's not "Lump it up to Holty*". It's ok that you don't understand what you've just watched.

I remember when Wolfswinkel tried to hit one like that from outside the area. It actually went behind him.

*Or the toothless Welshman. Or Cameron Jerome.
The club have now released the 12" extended mix of Wes' goal on 10:18 - Dec 4 with 2193 viewsgiant_stow

The club have now released the 12" extended mix of Wes' goal on 09:04 - Dec 4 by ArnoldMoorhen

It's not "Lump it up to Holty*". It's ok that you don't understand what you've just watched.

I remember when Wolfswinkel tried to hit one like that from outside the area. It actually went behind him.

*Or the toothless Welshman. Or Cameron Jerome.

pah! A bit of panicked playing around the back, two hopeful punts and then admittedly a real beautiful curver (and to be fair, if a Brazilian had hit that in a world cup, it would be replayed for evermore).
[Post edited 4 Dec 2023 10:18]

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

The club have now released the 12" extended mix of Wes' goal on 10:26 - Dec 4 with 2154 viewsfarkenhell

The club have now released the 12" extended mix of Wes' goal on 10:18 - Dec 4 by giant_stow

pah! A bit of panicked playing around the back, two hopeful punts and then admittedly a real beautiful curver (and to be fair, if a Brazilian had hit that in a world cup, it would be replayed for evermore).
[Post edited 4 Dec 2023 10:18]

Not too late to confirm your Blue allegiance before Derby day.
The club have now released the 12" extended mix of Wes' goal on 10:28 - Dec 4 with 2142 views_clive_baker_

That extended my 12"
The club have now released the 12" extended mix of Wes' goal on 11:02 - Dec 4 with 2011 viewsgiant_stow

The club have now released the 12" extended mix of Wes' goal on 10:26 - Dec 4 by farkenhell

Not too late to confirm your Blue allegiance before Derby day.

never sir!

(in my old age, I can just accept / appreciate another team's play)

The club have now released the 12" extended mix of Wes' goal on 11:44 - Dec 4 with 1926 viewsBigCommon

The club have now released the 12" extended mix of Wes' goal on 04:14 - Dec 4 by charlie1

McKenna spoke in his post-match presser, along the lines of Cov committed an extra player to the press when Vaz, Woolfy, Harry and Morsy were playing it short.

As soon as they saw that one player had lost his positional discipline they switched it behind him.

This really is a team with a very high level of collective understanding.

Intelligence levels of a player are key to KM's recruitment. And have played a big role in who we've retained in the squad since he's been here. And also who we've let go, imo. I think its one reason why our recruitment has been , less scattergun, in the last 2 windows... The players need a certain IQ level. On top of the usual requirements..
The club have now released the 12" extended mix of Wes' goal on 11:57 - Dec 4 with 1890 views_clive_baker_

The club have now released the 12" extended mix of Wes' goal on 11:44 - Dec 4 by BigCommon

Intelligence levels of a player are key to KM's recruitment. And have played a big role in who we've retained in the squad since he's been here. And also who we've let go, imo. I think its one reason why our recruitment has been , less scattergun, in the last 2 windows... The players need a certain IQ level. On top of the usual requirements..

I think the fact so many of the players are doing their coaching badges as well is testament to that. It's one thing setting up a team to play in a certain way, but real value is when you've got leaders on the pitch and players with the capability to manage games, exploit weaknesses and be reactive to what's happening. There's a degree of it in any side, but you do feel our current set up is so bought into the tactical side that we've become very street wise on the pitch and so dangerous in our transitional play. We're so hard to play against.

It was such a frustration under Lambert, so predictable, and so so easy to defend against. Our players who had anything between their ears were generally past it, and the ones with legs were more often than not so ill disciplined. Not just in the traditional sense, but positionally and tactically. Of course that came from the top.

Think you're right about recruitment, the whole is greater than the sum of the parts with us, which means replacing parts brings risk in the short term, even if they're objectively better parts. That's why it needs to be slow and steady, phased introductions, making sure any additions are up to speed with the way we operate as a unit.
The club have now released the 12" extended mix of Wes' goal on 12:14 - Dec 4 with 1842 viewsBigCommon

The club have now released the 12" extended mix of Wes' goal on 11:57 - Dec 4 by _clive_baker_

I think the fact so many of the players are doing their coaching badges as well is testament to that. It's one thing setting up a team to play in a certain way, but real value is when you've got leaders on the pitch and players with the capability to manage games, exploit weaknesses and be reactive to what's happening. There's a degree of it in any side, but you do feel our current set up is so bought into the tactical side that we've become very street wise on the pitch and so dangerous in our transitional play. We're so hard to play against.

It was such a frustration under Lambert, so predictable, and so so easy to defend against. Our players who had anything between their ears were generally past it, and the ones with legs were more often than not so ill disciplined. Not just in the traditional sense, but positionally and tactically. Of course that came from the top.

Think you're right about recruitment, the whole is greater than the sum of the parts with us, which means replacing parts brings risk in the short term, even if they're objectively better parts. That's why it needs to be slow and steady, phased introductions, making sure any additions are up to speed with the way we operate as a unit.

Add to that, that we've got a manager who is intelligent enough to make tweaks that can actually affect a game. It's so refreshing.. I mean, it might not always come off. But even games where we've started badly or gone behind. There is trust in the manager from both the players and fans, that we won't lie down and die..
We still have to remember that KM is in his first job, and learning certain things.. But Saturday was a good example, imo, of him having learned from previous games.. One in particular, for me. The Fleetwood at home last season. Where we got overrun in MF 2nd half and eventually conceded an equaliser.. Yesterdays 2nd half wasn't perfect. But identifying that issue and bringing Taylor on to play slightly deeper than Chappers was. Just ensured we didn't completely lose the MF, imo. And we were able to see it out, quite comfortably, in the end.. The wonder goals get all the head lines. But there is so much nitty gritty going on throughout the 90, a tweak here, a tweak there.. As I say, its refreshing to have a manager that is capable and brave enough to make changes, in game.
The club have now released the 12" extended mix of Wes' goal on 13:19 - Dec 4 with 1731 viewsSuperKieranMcKenna

I think it’s worth a reminder that Burns was touted as a ‘realistic signing’ for Wrexham in the summer….

Hahahaha - he’s on his way to the PL (hopefully with us!!), not League 2!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024