Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leeds players celebrating as if they have won the league 21:57 - Feb 2 with 3356 viewsGlasgowBlue

They have played two games more than us and are just a point ahead.

Tossers.
[Post edited 2 Feb 21:59]

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Leeds players celebrating as if they have won the league on 22:01 - Feb 2 with 3273 viewsMetal_Hacker

Let it go Glassers!

Every dog and all that innit

Poll: If it were one or the other

Leeds players celebrating as if they have won the league on 22:05 - Feb 2 with 3189 viewsbilllm

Points in the bag
Leeds players celebrating as if they have won the league on 22:57 - Feb 2 with 2861 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Had a thoroughly enjoyable night watching the game with some Leeds fans. There is more that connects us than divides us.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Leeds players celebrating as if they have won the league on 23:00 - Feb 2 with 2834 viewsBigalhunter

Didn’t look a lot different to our celebrations at the end of the Sunderland game last month.
Leeds players celebrating as if they have won the league on 23:13 - Feb 2 with 2774 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Nothing worse than the celebration police.

Every game between now and May is huge, let them celebrate man.
[Post edited 2 Feb 23:14]

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Leeds players celebrating as if they have won the league on 23:39 - Feb 2 with 2669 viewsSuperblue95

Yeah, imagine enjoying winning a football match.

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Leeds players celebrating as if they have won the league on 00:15 - Feb 3 with 2526 viewsRyorry

Leeds players celebrating as if they have won the league on 22:57 - Feb 2 by BanksterDebtSlave

Had a thoroughly enjoyable night watching the game with some Leeds fans. There is more that connects us than divides us.

Yep, about 6-8 of us Town fans used to meet up in a sports bar in N Leeds to watch our games in the mid-late 90s, when a few dozen Leeds fans were of course also there.

They were all very decent, friendly people and we got along well. Common enemy was ManCity, the self-appointed “massives” who some here will be too young to remember were on a par with us at the time, both of us vying for promotion from the second tier.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Leeds players celebrating as if they have won the league on 06:27 - Feb 3 with 2265 viewstextbackup

We’d be doing exactly the same

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Login to get fewer ads

Leeds players celebrating as if they have won the league on 07:18 - Feb 3 with 2170 viewsGlasgowBlue

Leeds players celebrating as if they have won the league on 06:27 - Feb 3 by textbackup

We’d be doing exactly the same

Context Texters. We are a newly promoted side who have spent the past four seasons in League One. £ for £ we really shouldn’t be challenging the likes of Leeds, Leicester and Southampton for automatic promotion.

Leeds have a multi million £ squad who suffered the humiliation of being relegated from the Premier League. It’s the very least to expect them to be challenging for the automatics.

They’ve gone a point ahead of us having played two games more. You’d have thought they had been promoted last night, the way they were celebrating post match.

Reminded me of our post match celebrations at Fleetwood under Lambert four years ago.

Iron Lion Zion

Leeds players celebrating as if they have won the league on 09:02 - Feb 3 with 1859 viewsHemelBlue

This post is tinpot. Yes we’re under pressure but let’s not get rattled. We need to keep our heads. Back the lads, and ignore the form of others. In our hands.
Leeds players celebrating as if they have won the league on 09:45 - Feb 3 with 1718 viewsGlasgowBlue

Leeds players celebrating as if they have won the league on 09:02 - Feb 3 by HemelBlue

This post is tinpot. Yes we’re under pressure but let’s not get rattled. We need to keep our heads. Back the lads, and ignore the form of others. In our hands.

Who is rattled?

Although I’ll take it as a compliment that your first post in a year is a reply to me. Deeply honoured.
[Post edited 3 Feb 9:46]

Iron Lion Zion

Leeds players celebrating as if they have won the league on 09:56 - Feb 3 with 1644 viewsPlums

Leeds players celebrating as if they have won the league on 09:45 - Feb 3 by GlasgowBlue

Who is rattled?

Although I’ll take it as a compliment that your first post in a year is a reply to me. Deeply honoured.
[Post edited 3 Feb 9:46]

I love 'tinpot', it's become the football equivalent of 'woke'.
Thrown about by the hard of thinking to denigrate anything they don't like.
A device to instantly render your point worthless.

You are truly honoured.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Leeds players celebrating as if they have won the league on 13:49 - Feb 3 with 1457 viewsHemelBlue

Leeds players celebrating as if they have won the league on 09:56 - Feb 3 by Plums

I love 'tinpot', it's become the football equivalent of 'woke'.
Thrown about by the hard of thinking to denigrate anything they don't like.
A device to instantly render your point worthless.

You are truly honoured.

Trying to make a link between ‘tinpot’ and ‘woke’ is a bit of a stretch. Can you even explain the link because I don’t get it?

There’s no need to have a go at a team celebrating. That’s what you want from football - to celebrate big wins. If we’d won 6 in row to get back in the race we would also be slightly jovial.

So it does make us seem rattled.

And who is rattled? I guess I am too. Table was looking a lot healthier 6 weeks ago. I am still backing us (and so is the board with the signings) but we don’t need to have a go at each other and other teams.
Leeds players celebrating as if they have won the league on 15:10 - Feb 3 with 1279 viewsClareBlue

Leeds players celebrating as if they have won the league on 00:15 - Feb 3 by Ryorry

Yep, about 6-8 of us Town fans used to meet up in a sports bar in N Leeds to watch our games in the mid-late 90s, when a few dozen Leeds fans were of course also there.

They were all very decent, friendly people and we got along well. Common enemy was ManCity, the self-appointed “massives” who some here will be too young to remember were on a par with us at the time, both of us vying for promotion from the second tier.

I lived in Headingly in the mid 90s and never saw a town fan anywhere. Must have been the rich sports bar on Street Lane in the posh area of Moortown.
Leeds players celebrating as if they have won the league on 15:40 - Feb 3 with 1201 viewsPowrigan

They don’t need to worry about us any more. It is between them and Southampton. We have thrown away the points gap in style!!
[Post edited 3 Feb 15:40]
Leeds players celebrating as if they have won the league on 15:41 - Feb 3 with 1191 viewsRyorry

Leeds players celebrating as if they have won the league on 15:10 - Feb 3 by ClareBlue

I lived in Headingly in the mid 90s and never saw a town fan anywhere. Must have been the rich sports bar on Street Lane in the posh area of Moortown.

Was Horsforth iirc.

There was a core group of 4* of us (two Brians, 'Span' & myself); plus a 20-something lass & a couple of Uni students.

*Edit - sometimes 5, forgot Norwegian Eric was often with us.
[Post edited 4 Feb 7:06]

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024