Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So you have a " gift goal" allocated from the gods... 09:02 - Apr 11 with 1027 viewsnorfsufblue

Do you want it last night or last Saturday?... both put us top and don't really change the equation much, ..

Just to take your minds off the coming Saturday for a moment.
So you have a " gift goal" allocated from the gods... on 09:04 - Apr 11 with 1008 viewspointofblue

Last night, as it would have gained us two extra points rather than one. As much as the defeat to Norwich still hurts.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

So you have a " gift goal" allocated from the gods... on 09:15 - Apr 11 with 965 viewsgainsboroughblue

Apart from the extra point if it's last night.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

So you have a " gift goal" allocated from the gods... on 10:03 - Apr 11 with 902 viewsleitrimblue

I would probably still take the gift goal a few years earlier. In that game when Town nearly single handily beat the Nazis. I know it sorta had a happy ending but the fact it ended 4-4 when were clearly the superior team and had to deal with so many horrific referring decisions still wrangles with me now.

Would take a John Wark goal in the 89th minute-Ipswich 5 Nazis 4 victwor victwor victwor
So you have a " gift goal" allocated from the gods... on 10:14 - Apr 11 with 866 viewsWeWereZombies

So you have a " gift goal" allocated from the gods... on 10:03 - Apr 11 by leitrimblue

I would probably still take the gift goal a few years earlier. In that game when Town nearly single handily beat the Nazis. I know it sorta had a happy ending but the fact it ended 4-4 when were clearly the superior team and had to deal with so many horrific referring decisions still wrangles with me now.

Would take a John Wark goal in the 89th minute-Ipswich 5 Nazis 4 victwor victwor victwor

A goal in the first five minutes of the 1978 cup final would have made the watch a bit less nervy and maybe Roger Osborne could have had a chance to celebrate his goal that sealed things rather than collapsing after the settler...

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

So you have a " gift goal" allocated from the gods... on 10:37 - Apr 11 with 833 viewsBondiBlue

Excellent question. I'd go against norwich even though it would result in one fewer point overall.

See also my poll from the start of season in which i asked whether people would rather get promoted or finally beat norwich.

I just don't like them very much and would really like us to beat them.

Poll: Which would you accept?

So you have a " gift goal" allocated from the gods... on 10:55 - Apr 11 with 799 viewsleitrimblue

So you have a " gift goal" allocated from the gods... on 10:14 - Apr 11 by WeWereZombies

A goal in the first five minutes of the 1978 cup final would have made the watch a bit less nervy and maybe Roger Osborne could have had a chance to celebrate his goal that sealed things rather than collapsing after the settler...

The problem is i was only 7 when we won the cup and the whole day is a bit if a blur, so not sure I could fully appreciate it.
So you have a " gift goal" allocated from the gods... on 11:05 - Apr 11 with 776 viewsgainsboroughblue

So you have a " gift goal" allocated from the gods... on 10:37 - Apr 11 by BondiBlue

Excellent question. I'd go against norwich even though it would result in one fewer point overall.

See also my poll from the start of season in which i asked whether people would rather get promoted or finally beat norwich.

The 15 year T-Shirts would still be a thing regardless of the draw.

Extra point from last night could be crucial, especially as the GD situation is a technically a point in the other two's favour.

If we miss out by 2 points anyway, I may change my mind.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

So you have a " gift goal" allocated from the gods... on 11:10 - Apr 11 with 736 viewsBondiBlue

So you have a " gift goal" allocated from the gods... on 11:05 - Apr 11 by gainsboroughblue

Extra point from last night could be crucial, especially as the GD situation is a technically a point in the other two's favour.

Very true, and it sums up the budgies quite well. They would have printed t-shirts for getting a point at home.

It's not the winning that counts, it's the taking part.

Poll: Which would you accept?

Login to get fewer ads

So you have a " gift goal" allocated from the gods... on 11:19 - Apr 11 with 712 viewsnorfsufblue

So you have a " gift goal" allocated from the gods... on 11:10 - Apr 11 by BondiBlue

Very true, and it sums up the budgies quite well. They would have printed t-shirts for getting a point at home.

It's not the winning that counts, it's the taking part.

Though we'd still have the unbeaten in 5 years!..... not sure it's worth a t shirt yet 🤣🤣
So you have a " gift goal" allocated from the gods... on 11:23 - Apr 11 with 705 viewsJ2BLUE

Last night. It's all about points.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

So you have a " gift goal" allocated from the gods... on 11:25 - Apr 11 with 692 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Last night, although if I can extend it to any game this season then 16th December please

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

So you have a " gift goal" allocated from the gods... on 11:26 - Apr 11 with 691 viewsEuropablue

So you have a " gift goal" allocated from the gods... on 11:05 - Apr 11 by gainsboroughblue

People who would wear that kind of shirt are losers.
If we didn't get upset, then they wouldn't get any satisfaction from it.
Towen and the Budgies on 11:36 - Apr 11 with 651 viewsDyland

So you have a " gift goal" allocated from the gods... on 10:37 - Apr 11 by BondiBlue

It's possibly an era defining end of season with regard the old farm rivalry. Last year of parachutes for the participating yo-yo nincompoops. I obviously first and foremost want Town to be promoted, but in various other hypothetical scenarios I'd take both Town and On the Ballers staying put cos a) they will have to cut their cloth accordingly for the first time in a while and b) we'll still be on the upward trajectory, and the owners aren't going to pull out if we don't go up this season, or next etc.

Lets' say these two options were offered by the football faery at season's start...

1) Toss a coin and if it's heads Town go up, if it's tails Ballers do.
2) Town will have a good season and finish above Nodge, and neither will be promoted.

I'd have taken 2.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

So you have a " gift goal" allocated from the gods... on 11:39 - Apr 11 with 644 viewsFtnfwest

last night, more points and even if we'd drawn on Saturday you'd have still had all the '15 years' rubbish. Better for Nodge as well because apparently that game is all that matters and promotion (for us at least) is 'meaningless.'
So you have a " gift goal" allocated from the gods... on 11:40 - Apr 11 with 641 viewsWeWereZombies

So you have a " gift goal" allocated from the gods... on 10:55 - Apr 11 by leitrimblue

The problem is i was only 7 when we won the cup and the whole day is a bit if a blur, so not sure I could fully appreciate it.

I was at the game and got convinced after the third time we hit the woodwork that Arsenal would nick it that I couldn't fully appreciate it either...

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

So you have a " gift goal" allocated from the gods... on 11:48 - Apr 11 with 625 viewsNeedhamChris

This one?

Which would you accept?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

The people who chose beating Norwich over promotion got exactly what they deserved on Saturday.

Poll: Who will Kieran McKenna be managing on 1st August 2024

So you have a " gift goal" allocated from the gods... on 11:56 - Apr 11 with 582 viewsnorfsufblue

Don't forget a goal last Saturday also denies them 2 points which would make their playoff status more insecure
So you have a " gift goal" allocated from the gods... on 12:00 - Apr 11 with 570 viewsleitrimblue

So you have a " gift goal" allocated from the gods... on 11:40 - Apr 11 by WeWereZombies

I was at the game and got convinced after the third time we hit the woodwork that Arsenal would nick it that I couldn't fully appreciate it either...

I was at the game too but was probably to young to fully appreciate the tension.
Bizarrely and unfortunately I remember getting stuffed by Forest in the charity shield a few months later better.

Yalkinv of the FA cup my mother moved house a few months ago and during the clear out found a large photo of me and a cousin with the FA cup taken in a pub a few days after the win. I'm looking good, big ears, town shirt and check trousers..
So you have a " gift goal" allocated from the gods... on 12:13 - Apr 11 with 534 viewsVanSaParody

So you have a " gift goal" allocated from the gods... on 11:48 - Apr 11 by NeedhamChris

This one?

Which would you accept?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

The people who chose beating Norwich over promotion got exactly what they deserved on Saturday.

Poll vote on the basis the question asked is what would I "accept", & that it's our first return to the Championship after 4 years in League 1...

It has to be a 50/50 chance of top 6 (which I'm sure any of us would have taken at the start of this season) but beating them twice would have meant they could only have produced merch with a 14 (NOT 15) on it, at best!
COYB's
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024