Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fickle fans.. 23:34 - Mar 7 with 2554 viewslupadon81

Had a neutral friend come along with me today; his thoughts backed up mine..our fans don't really have a clue what they are talking/moaning about. Play the ball long=moan, keep the ball in possession=moan
Fickle fans.. on 23:36 - Mar 7 with 2499 viewsbournemouthblue

There wasn't a lot to cheer about tonight whatever way you want to dress it up

The tactical mistakes from MM were shocking, that's ultimately why he is in the Championship and not the Premiership.

He is far too conservative and unwilling to roll the dice against the poorer sides, let alone the decent ones.

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Fickle fans.. on 23:36 - Mar 7 with 2493 viewspointofblue

No? Shame he didn't come to the Reading or Leeds matches where the fans were behind the players for the complete game... that might have shown him what the fans like to see.

Or even Brentford, where we were pretty poor but the fans stuck with the team.

Yes, we can't play brilliantly every game and fans have to expect poor performances but there have been so many this season patience will eventually snap.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Fickle fans.. on 23:37 - Mar 7 with 2483 viewsLord_Lucan

Every one of your posts is either defending McCarthy and / or moaning about our fans.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Fickle fans.. on 23:38 - Mar 7 with 2473 viewsSarge

Phew that's alright then.

Don't worry guys, there's nothing to worry about, some random says we're overreacting it's fine.
Fickle fans.. on 23:40 - Mar 7 with 2438 viewsSarge

Fickle fans.. on 23:37 - Mar 7 by Lord_Lucan

Every one of your posts is either defending McCarthy and / or moaning about our fans.

From the oldbluestu school of tedious generalisation
Fickle fans.. on 23:51 - Mar 7 with 2387 viewsIpswich_Crazy

I used to say all these things, Now I have woken up, you happy with that performance? because I was certainly wasnt! So don't call fans that have passion and care about the club fickle!

Poll: Are fans getting fed up with Sky Sports changing our Kick off schedules?

Fickle fans.. on 00:28 - Mar 8 with 2293 viewsIllinoisblue

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Fickle fans.. on 07:45 - Mar 8 with 2094 viewssouthnorfolkblue

Fans were quiet, but they weren't exactly given much to shout about. I felt sorry for Moore who was subjected to a lot of ironic cheers every time he went for a header - that was embarrassing. The guy deserves more of a chance from the fans even if ultimately they are proved to be right about his ability at this level.

I have always supported the manager but now feel that it is time for a change. Get somebody in new now who can look st the existing squad for a few weeks before the summer window.

Poll: Our final position

Login to get fewer ads

Fickle fans.. on 07:51 - Mar 8 with 2071 viewsReuser_is_God

I don't think it's fair to call fans who continue to go & watch that sh1t every week fickle.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Fickle fans.. on 07:52 - Mar 8 with 2060 viewstextbackup

I would agree to a degree, however, so many players making poor decisions on the ball leads to huge frustration.
Skuse going backwards every time is fine to retain the ball, but when he's not even looked up to see if there's a pass forwards, that's what gets fans annoyed.
So tell ur neutral he can have an opinion once he's suffered 15 years of sht

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Fickle fans.. on 08:26 - Mar 8 with 1947 viewsevansblue

I have backed Mick for as long as I can. I have argued with mates and defended him but last night was the straw that broke the camels back for me.

If we needed a point to stay up or get in the play offs then fair enough but in a nothing game I can't work out what last night was about.

2 wing backs who are not wing backs but full backs and 2 defensive central midfielders against a team who had lost 6 on the trot!!! What the heck was he thinking??

Pittman and Sears and Bru on the bench and not used, Moore on for 6 minutes. It was awful,rubbish, boring and he lost a load of fans last night like me who have backed him as much as they can.
Fickle fans.. on 08:30 - Mar 8 with 1913 viewsRadlett_blue

Fickle fans.. on 07:45 - Mar 8 by southnorfolkblue

Fans were quiet, but they weren't exactly given much to shout about. I felt sorry for Moore who was subjected to a lot of ironic cheers every time he went for a header - that was embarrassing. The guy deserves more of a chance from the fans even if ultimately they are proved to be right about his ability at this level.

I have always supported the manager but now feel that it is time for a change. Get somebody in new now who can look st the existing squad for a few weeks before the summer window.

your point about Moore is fair, but naturally the fans reacted negatively to the absurdity of Mick thinking he was a better option to try to break the deadlock than Pitman or Sears.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Fickle fans.. on 08:35 - Mar 8 with 1882 viewslupadon81

Fickle fans.. on 23:37 - Mar 7 by Lord_Lucan

Yea sorry I don't post my daily routines on here.

Problem I see is that the games we did get behind the team they put on the performance we want to see, inevitably we are going to have a poor game as was Brentford, but we surely should still stick with them and not turn on the ironic cheers and booing, to me it's clear to see that the fans actually do pay a big part in performances and to turn against them will only put us back to where we were a couple of months ago, dire performances game after game. I am not McCarty in or out but feel you'll get the same reaction from the players regardless of who the manager is or players are
Fickle fans.. on 08:39 - Mar 8 with 1862 viewsblueconscience

Fickle fans.. on 08:35 - Mar 8 by lupadon81

Yea sorry I don't post my daily routines on here.

Problem I see is that the games we did get behind the team they put on the performance we want to see, inevitably we are going to have a poor game as was Brentford, but we surely should still stick with them and not turn on the ironic cheers and booing, to me it's clear to see that the fans actually do pay a big part in performances and to turn against them will only put us back to where we were a couple of months ago, dire performances game after game. I am not McCarty in or out but feel you'll get the same reaction from the players regardless of who the manager is or players are

All the fans want is an enjoyable game of football to look forward to on a Saturday/Tuesday.

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Fickle fans.. on 08:43 - Mar 8 with 1842 viewssundaze

I assume you are confusing the "fans" with the Manager. I have always stayed until the final whistle at every game, however last night I left early, I just couldn't stand it any more. At the moment I doubt I will go to the final few games of this miserable season, I have always looked forward to going to Portman Rd, especially evening games, but if the manager continually chooses to play such dire, negative football, then I must choose to stay at home. Going to football was always a release from everyday stress, now it has become another addition to it.
Fickle fans.. on 08:47 - Mar 8 with 1830 viewsSimonds92

Fickle fans.. on 08:30 - Mar 8 by Radlett_blue

your point about Moore is fair, but naturally the fans reacted negatively to the absurdity of Mick thinking he was a better option to try to break the deadlock than Pitman or Sears.

I think the cheers were more about the fact that it took us 89 minutes to actually win a header despite persisting with lumping the ball up all game. In regards to the OP, Absolute c**p. We don't play possession football at all, we pass the ball around the back four putting ourselves under pressure and then look long which is effectively a panicky clearance as we have put ourselves under pressure. If we moved the ball with pace and looked forwards, had midfielders willing to drop off pick the ball up and look for a forward pass, with wing backs encouraged to get forward and offfer an option that would be fine as even if we did play badly we could understand what they were trying to do but we have absolutely no style of play at all and it's been that way for years now. We are a long ball team that like to play possession football in our defensive third with players who are uncomfortable on the ball.
Fickle fans.. on 09:15 - Mar 8 with 1763 viewsRegencyBlue

Yeah right - lets blame the fans.

Nothing to do with an owner with no ambition and a manager who sets up every game to hold on for the point!
Fickle fans.. on 09:45 - Mar 8 with 1704 viewsSwansea_Blue

It's almost as if the fans that have to sit through it are bored sh*tless isn't it?

I've enjoyed my occasional soirees in the present of town this season more than I have in a long time, although largely because they are becoming increasingly rare. But you need to be some kind of masochistic purist to enjoy watching us on a regular basis.

I watch a lot of football from PL to youth development, and I'm struggling to think of many more uninspiring teams I've seen this season. Although there is a certain artistry in subduing the opposition and strangling a game to death.

We've got half of a very good team. If someone could come in and take our defensive discipline and add a bit of energy and guile to the play, we could be pretty decent. There have been brief glimpses that things could be better. It's just a shame that they only occur when it appears that Mick's hand is forced with regards to who's available to play.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024