Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Biggest Diver to have played for Town? 13:44 - May 18 with 5076 viewsSmithy

Lawrence had his moments, Fraser too, Kuqi doesn't count.

37 years and counting!
Poll: We've had some awful managers in recent years, but who do you dislike the most?

Biggest Diver to have played for Town? on 13:45 - May 18 with 4103 viewsbluewein

Pablo.

In Benters words, End of.

Edit:- Although fat Sam would prbably say Magilton, DJ(2.0) or Reuser...
[Post edited 18 May 2017 13:47]

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

Biggest Diver to have played for Town? on 13:51 - May 18 with 4079 viewsLord_Lucan

Arise Sir Eric Gates

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Biggest Diver to have played for Town? on 13:52 - May 18 with 4065 viewsCoastalblue

Biggest Diver to have played for Town? on 13:51 - May 18 by Lord_Lucan

Arise Sir Eric Gates

No other answer required.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Biggest Diver to have played for Town? on 13:53 - May 18 with 4063 viewsimsureazzure

Eric Gates, he backed in and fell forwards, class act.
Biggest Diver to have played for Town? on 13:58 - May 18 with 4041 viewsSwailsey

In my time, Petta, Pablo or Lee.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Biggest Diver to have played for Town? on 14:05 - May 18 with 4017 viewsMach_foreignBlue

Counago by far.
Biggest Diver to have played for Town? on 14:21 - May 18 with 3988 viewsjontysnut

Biggest Diver to have played for Town? on 13:53 - May 18 by imsureazzure

Eric Gates, he backed in and fell forwards, class act.

Good old Gatesy

spent so much time horizontal that he had sponsors on the soles of his boots.
Biggest Diver to have played for Town? on 14:25 - May 18 with 3971 viewsWeWereZombies

Biggest Diver to have played for Town? on 14:21 - May 18 by jontysnut

Good old Gatesy

spent so much time horizontal that he had sponsors on the soles of his boots.

So that's where Paul Simon got the idea for that lyric from...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Login to get fewer ads

Biggest Diver to have played for Town? on 16:51 - May 18 with 3860 viewsMullet

Alan Lee was physically the biggest to play at it.

Pablo the least subtle/most embarrassing at times.

From what I know though Gates was supposedly a wizard at clipping his own ankles at just the right time as others have said.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Biggest Diver to have played for Town? on 16:54 - May 18 with 3842 viewstheblueginger

Alan Lee knew the arts of Gamesmanship.
on 16:54 - May 18 with 3838 views_

Biggest Diver to have played for Town? on 16:56 - May 18 with 3826 viewsMullet

Biggest Diver to have played for Town? on 16:54 - May 18 by theblueginger

Alan Lee knew the arts of Gamesmanship.

The thing Alan Lee and Magilton had in spades which we miss so much is the ability to run referees.

Bournemouth did it to the point of it securing promotion, Derby often made it work before bottling it late in a season. If only we had that again in the side we'd turn games far more often.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Biggest Diver to have played for Town? on 16:56 - May 18 with 3825 viewskizaitfc

Alan Lee all day long

God I miss that man!

Poll: Mick in or out? (not a dig at Mick just want to see the overall opinion on here)

Biggest Diver to have played for Town? on 18:33 - May 18 with 3728 viewsosborne

Herman was big and dived into the North Stand
Biggest Diver to have played for Town? on 18:44 - May 18 with 3686 viewsTractorCam

When did Fraser dive? My mind can't recall any, as mentioned I remember Alan Lee was down more than he was up

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Biggest Diver to have played for Town? on 18:56 - May 18 with 3664 viewsITFCed

Darren currie

Poll: Who was the player of the tournament in your opinion?

Biggest Diver to have played for Town? on 19:20 - May 18 with 3617 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Eric Gates, Pablo,
Chris Kiwomya also "fell over" rather easily in the box.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Biggest Diver to have played for Town? on 19:24 - May 18 with 3610 viewsVic

Biggest Diver to have played for Town? on 13:51 - May 18 by Lord_Lucan

Arise Sir Eric Gates

This! No one else is ft to tie his shoe laces when it comes to falling over. Oh how we loved him; but wed crucify him if he played against s now!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Biggest Diver to have played for Town? on 19:50 - May 18 with 3582 viewsimsureazzure

Biggest Diver to have played for Town? on 16:51 - May 18 by Mullet

Alan Lee was physically the biggest to play at it.

Pablo the least subtle/most embarrassing at times.

From what I know though Gates was supposedly a wizard at clipping his own ankles at just the right time as others have said.

Good call that, AL was a master wind up, glad he was ours the majority of times when was at it.
Biggest Diver to have played for Town? on 21:13 - May 18 with 3496 viewsjaykay

surprised that eric gates has been included in peoples list, as i thought diving only came into the english game in 1994.when a certain jurgen klinsman signed for spurs

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Biggest Diver to have played for Town? on 21:21 - May 18 with 3483 viewsjpring89

Bart as hes always winning player of the year.

Poll: What irritates you more ?

Biggest Diver to have played for Town? on 22:03 - May 18 with 3428 viewsfeelingblue

Biggest Diver to have played for Town? on 21:13 - May 18 by jaykay

surprised that eric gates has been included in peoples list, as i thought diving only came into the english game in 1994.when a certain jurgen klinsman signed for spurs

No, Billy Bremner and Francis Lee were early exponents. Lee's dives had absolutely no finesse compared to the modern article - they looked like a bloke belly flopping into a swimming pool.

Eric Gates was a horrible little cheat, he happened to be our horrible little cheat.

Bobby Petta was the worst, a good player if you were 3-0 up on a nice sunny day. Pathetic if the boots were flying or the weather was a bit grim, in which case he dived if anyone came with 3 feet of him.
Biggest Diver to have played for Town? on 22:06 - May 18 with 3418 viewsRadlett_blue

Biggest Diver to have played for Town? on 22:03 - May 18 by feelingblue

No, Billy Bremner and Francis Lee were early exponents. Lee's dives had absolutely no finesse compared to the modern article - they looked like a bloke belly flopping into a swimming pool.

Eric Gates was a horrible little cheat, he happened to be our horrible little cheat.

Bobby Petta was the worst, a good player if you were 3-0 up on a nice sunny day. Pathetic if the boots were flying or the weather was a bit grim, in which case he dived if anyone came with 3 feet of him.

The likes of Fatty Lee also had the big advantage of their "dives" not being endlessly analysed on TV.
Super Jim had a decent dive in him - I remember a blatant one winning us a penalty & a draw at home to Reading & I also reckon he dived for the first one against Bolton in the momentous play off semi final.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Biggest Diver to have played for Town? on 22:12 - May 18 with 3406 viewsstickymockwell

Biggest Diver to have played for Town? on 22:06 - May 18 by Radlett_blue

The likes of Fatty Lee also had the big advantage of their "dives" not being endlessly analysed on TV.
Super Jim had a decent dive in him - I remember a blatant one winning us a penalty & a draw at home to Reading & I also reckon he dived for the first one against Bolton in the momentous play off semi final.

Jim always had a comedy dive. He went down like a plank. Completely straight.

Give him a ball and a yard of grass
Poll: How many times have you looked at the table since full time yesterday?

Biggest Diver to have played for Town? on 22:14 - May 18 with 3399 viewsPJH

Biggest Diver to have played for Town? on 22:03 - May 18 by feelingblue

Rodney Marsh was doing it in 1968.
You are right about Franny Lee as well.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024