Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Front Pages of The Sun, The Daily Getsworse and The Hate Mail 14:09 - Jun 7 with 16960 viewsreusersfreekicks

All a disgrace today. Utterly appalling...
Front Pages of The Sun, The Daily Getsworse and The Hate Mail on 19:08 - Jun 7 with 4456 viewsGlasgowBlue

Front Pages of The Sun, The Daily Getsworse and The Hate Mail on 19:01 - Jun 7 by connorscontract

No, I said that the US threatened us with nuclear war over Suez.

Which has nothing to do with the thread, you were just trying to discredit me, as your way of winning the argument.

It's ironic that you struggle so much with any personal comment, yet all day, every day, play the man, not the ball, with Corbyn. As you do in this thread.

You clearly know very, very little about the history of the Troubles, apart from the standard Thatcherite position. The truth is way more nuanced, and even under Thatcher, who didn't "negotiate with terrorists", there were back-channel negotiations going on all the time.

Fortunately John Major understood the subtleties and the importance of dialogue and progress was made. Mo Mowlam, way more than Tony Blair, then delivered the seemingly impossible. But all of that was only possible once the Republicans were de-demonised and their experiences listened to.

Now, they both sat down and listened to the Republicans, and their actions are seen as states(wo)man-like. Yet Jeremy Corbyn did the same and somehow this makes him unelectable.

I wouldn't aim anything at your family or personal circumstances. That is a line not to be crossed.

Now before I finish with you;

Thatcher, Major, Blair negotiated and opened dialogue.

They did not honour IRA dead

They did not praise IRA terrorists

They did speak at pro IRA meetings

They did not share the aims of the IRA.

And if you know anything about the history of the troubles you would kn ow who Seamus Mallon is. You would take great heed of his words "He very clearly took the side of the IRA and that was incompatible, in my opinion, with working for peace.”

But you know all of this. I'm now done with you.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Front Pages of The Sun, The Daily Getsworse and The Hate Mail on 19:09 - Jun 7 with 4460 viewsconnorscontract

Front Pages of The Sun, The Daily Getsworse and The Hate Mail on 19:02 - Jun 7 by blue_oyster

Did they?

Did who, what?

The US told us unequivocally that they wouldn't come to the aid of the UK and France over Suez if Russia intervened and we'd be facing them, and their long range weapons, on our own.
Front Pages of The Sun, The Daily Getsworse and The Hate Mail on 19:12 - Jun 7 with 4451 viewsblue_oyster

Front Pages of The Sun, The Daily Getsworse and The Hate Mail on 19:09 - Jun 7 by connorscontract

Did who, what?

The US told us unequivocally that they wouldn't come to the aid of the UK and France over Suez if Russia intervened and we'd be facing them, and their long range weapons, on our own.

The US threaten to nuke the UK?

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

Front Pages of The Sun, The Daily Getsworse and The Hate Mail on 19:13 - Jun 7 with 4444 viewsconnorscontract

Front Pages of The Sun, The Daily Getsworse and The Hate Mail on 19:08 - Jun 7 by GlasgowBlue

I wouldn't aim anything at your family or personal circumstances. That is a line not to be crossed.

Now before I finish with you;

Thatcher, Major, Blair negotiated and opened dialogue.

They did not honour IRA dead

They did not praise IRA terrorists

They did speak at pro IRA meetings

They did not share the aims of the IRA.

And if you know anything about the history of the troubles you would kn ow who Seamus Mallon is. You would take great heed of his words "He very clearly took the side of the IRA and that was incompatible, in my opinion, with working for peace.”

But you know all of this. I'm now done with you.

Cool. Guido will have another crib sheet for you in a couple of hours, and Lynton says you're a very good boy.
Front Pages of The Sun, The Daily Getsworse and The Hate Mail on 19:15 - Jun 7 with 4430 viewsGlasgowBlue

Front Pages of The Sun, The Daily Getsworse and The Hate Mail on 19:12 - Jun 7 by blue_oyster

The US threaten to nuke the UK?

That's what he said.

Iron Lion Zion

Front Pages of The Sun, The Daily Getsworse and The Hate Mail on 19:21 - Jun 7 with 4415 viewsWD19

Front Pages of The Sun, The Daily Getsworse and The Hate Mail on 17:38 - Jun 7 by Swansea_Blue

A bit unfair on the Express there. They seem to be very impartial today. I've looked for bias or something non-factual, but couldn't see a hint of either on their front page today.

Tomorrow's effort will be 'A vote for Theresa is what Diana would have wanted.'

Def info
Front Pages of The Sun, The Daily Getsworse and The Hate Mail on 19:28 - Jun 7 with 4399 viewsYaffle

Interesting angle! Would love to see the Sun prosecuted.

https://www.thecanary.co/2017/06/07/exclusive-police-reports-prove-sun-may-broke
Front Pages of The Sun, The Daily Getsworse and The Hate Mail on 19:34 - Jun 7 with 4391 viewsjas0999

Let me guess your a Stout Labour supporter?
Login to get fewer ads

Front Pages of The Sun, The Daily Getsworse and The Hate Mail on 19:41 - Jun 7 with 4382 viewsHerbivore

Front Pages of The Sun, The Daily Getsworse and The Hate Mail on 19:34 - Jun 7 by jas0999

Let me guess your a Stout Labour supporter?

Or maybe just someone who values truth?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Front Pages of The Sun, The Daily Getsworse and The Hate Mail on 19:43 - Jun 7 with 4374 viewsGlasgowBlue

Front Pages of The Sun, The Daily Getsworse and The Hate Mail on 19:41 - Jun 7 by Herbivore

Or maybe just someone who values truth?

So Seamus Mallon is a liar?

Iron Lion Zion

Front Pages of The Sun, The Daily Getsworse and The Hate Mail on 19:45 - Jun 7 with 4365 viewsGlasgowBlue

Front Pages of The Sun, The Daily Getsworse and The Hate Mail on 19:28 - Jun 7 by Yaffle

Interesting angle! Would love to see the Sun prosecuted.

https://www.thecanary.co/2017/06/07/exclusive-police-reports-prove-sun-may-broke

As I said earlier in this thread the headline in the Sun was misleading and disingenuous based on Cornyn attending an open event that was also attended by Anjem Choudray and members of Al-Muhajiroun wearing mock up suicide vests. There was no evidence that Corbyn met or spoke in their favour and it is out of order by the Sun.

Iron Lion Zion

Front Pages of The Sun, The Daily Getsworse and The Hate Mail on 19:56 - Jun 7 with 4358 viewsconnorscontract

Front Pages of The Sun, The Daily Getsworse and The Hate Mail on 19:15 - Jun 7 by GlasgowBlue

That's what he said.

No, I said, as above, that the US threatened us with nuclear war, meaning they threatened us with the prospect of USSR attacking us with nukes and them standing by.
Front Pages of The Sun, The Daily Getsworse and The Hate Mail on 20:54 - Jun 7 with 4332 viewsGlasgowBlue

Front Pages of The Sun, The Daily Getsworse and The Hate Mail on 19:56 - Jun 7 by connorscontract

No, I said, as above, that the US threatened us with nuclear war, meaning they threatened us with the prospect of USSR attacking us with nukes and them standing by.

Liar liar pants on fire.

As I say to my teenage son; Your internet history is always there to come back and bite you in the bum.

A quick google search, taking less than 10 seconds, revalas

It was the USA who threatened Anthony Eden with a nuclear strike against the UK over Suez.

Page 1 of
https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/297567/2414482/well-looks-like-i-was-right

Worth engaging with you just to show you up as a fraud

Iron Lion Zion

Front Pages of The Sun, The Daily Getsworse and The Hate Mail on 21:03 - Jun 7 with 4323 viewsHerbivore

Front Pages of The Sun, The Daily Getsworse and The Hate Mail on 20:54 - Jun 7 by GlasgowBlue

Liar liar pants on fire.

As I say to my teenage son; Your internet history is always there to come back and bite you in the bum.

It was the USA who threatened Anthony Eden with a nuclear strike against the UK over Suez.

Page 1 of

Are you an actual adult?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Front Pages of The Sun, The Daily Getsworse and The Hate Mail on 21:04 - Jun 7 with 4316 viewsGlasgowBlue

Front Pages of The Sun, The Daily Getsworse and The Hate Mail on 21:03 - Jun 7 by Herbivore

Are you an actual adult?

Sometimes.

Iron Lion Zion

Front Pages of The Sun, The Daily Getsworse and The Hate Mail on 21:18 - Jun 7 with 4300 viewsconnorscontract

Front Pages of The Sun, The Daily Getsworse and The Hate Mail on 20:54 - Jun 7 by GlasgowBlue

Liar liar pants on fire.

Page 1 of

And I later clarified what I meant by that. It was very badly phrased, but I knew what I meant at the time.

They threatened him with the spectre of a nuclear strike.

The point being, in that thread, that the US have not always played by the "We're your best buddies" approach.

Unlike some others on here I don't edit posts mid argument to prove I'm right. I phrased it badly, I know what I meant, but I didn't go back and change it then or on any of the other tedious times you've brought it up to make yourself feel better in an argument.
Front Pages of The Sun, The Daily Getsworse and The Hate Mail on 21:21 - Jun 7 with 4298 viewsBlueAllOver

Front Pages of The Sun, The Daily Getsworse and The Hate Mail on 19:43 - Jun 7 by GlasgowBlue

Why didn't you ever mention Seamus before? zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Front Pages of The Sun, The Daily Getsworse and The Hate Mail on 21:29 - Jun 7 with 4283 viewsDolly2.0

Front Pages of The Sun, The Daily Getsworse and The Hate Mail on 19:21 - Jun 7 by WD19

Tomorrow's effort will be 'A vote for Theresa is what Diana would have wanted.'

Def info

Or Jeremy Corbyn's a Muslim immigrant, vote May.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Front Pages of The Sun, The Daily Getsworse and The Hate Mail on 21:31 - Jun 7 with 4279 viewsDolly2.0

Liar liar pants on fire.

Page 1 of

That can easily be interpreted the way he said he meant it in this thread.

Front Pages of The Sun, The Daily Getsworse and The Hate Mail on 21:35 - Jun 7 with 4272 viewsDolly2.0

Front Pages of The Sun, The Daily Getsworse and The Hate Mail on 19:43 - Jun 7 by GlasgowBlue

I don't know about Seamus Mallon, but I do know that GlasgowBlue is a liar.

Front Pages of The Sun, The Daily Getsworse and The Hate Mail on 05:20 - Jun 8 with 4217 viewsBenters

Front Pages of The Sun, The Daily Getsworse and The Hate Mail on 18:31 - Jun 7 by connorscontract

You brought up Bobby Sands in this thread. Slagging off Corbyn for saying something nice about him.

As you well know I said the US threatened us with nuclear war over Suez. Meaning that they wouldn't intervene to stop the Russians attacking us and it could go nuclear.

And, if you want to delve into past posting histories for the nuclear option (how very Lynton of you) I won't take any more condescension from the Tory "Self-made businessman" who started his business with money from his Mummy-in-Law.

Oh dear thats a bit personal isnt it!

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Front Pages of The Sun, The Daily Getsworse and The Hate Mail on 05:25 - Jun 8 with 4214 viewsBenters

Front Pages of The Sun, The Daily Getsworse and The Hate Mail on 21:21 - Jun 7 by BlueAllOver

Why didn't you ever mention Seamus before? zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Crikey she speaks

Gentlybentley

Front Pages of The Sun, The Daily Getsworse and The Hate Mail on 05:29 - Jun 8 with 4211 viewsBenters

Front Pages of The Sun, The Daily Getsworse and The Hate Mail on 21:35 - Jun 7 by Dolly2.0

I don't know about Seamus Mallon, but I do know that GlasgowBlue is a liar.

I think you are trying to hard.

Gentlybentley

Front Pages of The Sun, The Daily Getsworse and The Hate Mail on 09:53 - Jun 8 with 4162 viewsGlasgowBlue

What do you call this if it isn't apologising and excusing terrorists?

Iron Lion Zion

Front Pages of The Sun, The Daily Getsworse and The Hate Mail on 09:56 - Jun 8 with 4162 viewsNo9

Front Pages of The Sun, The Daily Getsworse and The Hate Mail on 14:11 - Jun 7 by GlasgowBlue

Is the Mail headline; Apologists for terror, with pictures of Corbyn, McDonnell and Abbott, not correct then?
[Post edited 7 Jun 2017 14:11]

That is low even by your distorted standards

None of those was Home Secretary
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024