Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
YouGov voters age chart 08:06 - Jun 14 with 9172 viewsBLUEBEAT

https://yougov.co.uk/news/2017/06/13/how-britain-voted-2017-general-election/

No surprise really, as generally the older you get the more conservative you get.

The irony of course is the Tories aim is to kill off their voter base and take their savings, whereas Labour pledges to keep them alive

Poll: W or W

YouGov voters age chart on 08:17 - Jun 14 with 7247 viewsitfcjoe

The old are screwing the country for the young - "I'm alright Jack"

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

YouGov voters age chart on 08:36 - Jun 14 with 7219 viewspickles110564

YouGov voters age chart on 08:17 - Jun 14 by itfcjoe

You really are clueless
YouGov voters age chart on 08:39 - Jun 14 with 7212 viewsblue_oyster

The Tories hang onto the older vote by pure bribery, not conservative values.

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

YouGov voters age chart on 08:50 - Jun 14 with 7193 viewsGlasgowBlue

YouGov voters age chart on 08:39 - Jun 14 by blue_oyster

The Tories hang onto the older vote by pure bribery, not conservative values.

And yet in this election they proposed to remove the triple lock on pensions, means test winter fuel payments and social care reforms.

Although the social care reforms frightened the 40-55 year olds who were terrified of losing their inheritance.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

YouGov voters age chart on 08:56 - Jun 14 with 7183 viewsNo9

Althought tory Nick on the Panorama programme seemed to show that a lot of pensioners turned their backs on the tories?
YouGov voters age chart on 09:01 - Jun 14 with 7166 viewsgerard1947

The older I've got the further to the left have my political views have become.
YouGov voters age chart on 09:03 - Jun 14 with 7154 viewseireblue

YouGov voters age chart on 08:50 - Jun 14 by GlasgowBlue

And yet in this election they proposed to remove the triple lock on pensions, means test winter fuel payments and social care reforms.

Although the social care reforms frightened the 40-55 year olds who were terrified of losing their inheritance.

which sort of makes his point, threaten to withdraw the bribe, and...no majority
YouGov voters age chart on 09:11 - Jun 14 with 7139 viewsSwansea_Blue

YouGov voters age chart on 09:01 - Jun 14 by gerard1947

Same here. I haven't quite lurched all the way to Corbyn's Labour, but my outlook has definitely changed.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

The old are screwing the young, are you sure? on 09:15 - Jun 14 with 7131 viewsPinewoodblue

YouGov voters age chart on 08:17 - Jun 14 by itfcjoe

You made a rather simplistic sound bite.

Have you considered that those who govern the country generally fall into the age group 35-60, the next generation to benefit from inherited wealth. Are they not looking after themselves to the detriment of those younger than they are ?

If anyone is screwing the rest of us it is those, of any age, who make no provision for later life but spend it now while they can knowing that someone will look after them when the time comes.
[Post edited 14 Jun 2017 9:44]

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

YouGov voters age chart on 09:22 - Jun 14 with 7117 viewsGlasgowBlue

YouGov voters age chart on 09:03 - Jun 14 by eireblue

which sort of makes his point, threaten to withdraw the bribe, and...no majority

But was it the votes of the elderly who cost May her majority or the generation below who saw the prospect of inherited wealth suddenly disappear?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

YouGov voters age chart on 09:37 - Jun 14 with 7090 viewseireblue

YouGov voters age chart on 09:22 - Jun 14 by GlasgowBlue

But was it the votes of the elderly who cost May her majority or the generation below who saw the prospect of inherited wealth suddenly disappear?

I don't know.

But I have seen plenty of commentary that it was only a MASSIVE BRIBE, that accounted for JC's youth vote.

You don't have to be affected by a policy not to be concerned about a policy.

Equally possible to suggest that people non-pensionable age, don't like to see pensioners "MASSIVE BRIBES" being taken away.

So those policies could be a factor for all people across ages.

But as I said I dont actually know. All speculation.

Of course what would be nice, is to not have two parties trying to win arguments by polarising and segmenting different types people, and referring to the same thing as either bribe, tax cut, investment. And rather argue more on the relative benefits vs cost of any such thing. And also apply a logical rationale, such as optimisation or laufer curve, or policy position consistently.

So a question on this topic would not be

It is CRAZY to give RICH PENSIONERS a Winter Fuel Allowance, so surely we have to means test!

More

Is there an optimal way to deliver a Winter Fuel allowance.

In the same way you say, is there an optimal way of maximising tax revenue.
YouGov voters age chart on 09:41 - Jun 14 with 7083 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

It's those bl00dy fools clinging onto the Thatcher myth then......God I despise my generation !

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

YouGov voters age chart on 09:48 - Jun 14 with 7064 viewsSwansea_Blue

For consistency I hope someone's going to to have a hissy fit over the OP referencing a source that suggests older, less educated people vote for right wing ideals. Just as they did with Cotty.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

YouGov voters age chart on 09:48 - Jun 14 with 7061 viewsPinewoodblue

YouGov voters age chart on 09:37 - Jun 14 by eireblue

I don't know.

But I have seen plenty of commentary that it was only a MASSIVE BRIBE, that accounted for JC's youth vote.

You don't have to be affected by a policy not to be concerned about a policy.

Equally possible to suggest that people non-pensionable age, don't like to see pensioners "MASSIVE BRIBES" being taken away.

So those policies could be a factor for all people across ages.

But as I said I dont actually know. All speculation.

Of course what would be nice, is to not have two parties trying to win arguments by polarising and segmenting different types people, and referring to the same thing as either bribe, tax cut, investment. And rather argue more on the relative benefits vs cost of any such thing. And also apply a logical rationale, such as optimisation or laufer curve, or policy position consistently.

So a question on this topic would not be

It is CRAZY to give RICH PENSIONERS a Winter Fuel Allowance, so surely we have to means test!

More

Is there an optimal way to deliver a Winter Fuel allowance.

In the same way you say, is there an optimal way of maximising tax revenue.

Always assuming that means testing is cost effective. Surely it is less expensive to make a benefit universal than to means test.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

YouGov voters age chart on 10:01 - Jun 14 with 7039 viewsNo9

YouGov voters age chart on 09:48 - Jun 14 by Pinewoodblue

Always assuming that means testing is cost effective. Surely it is less expensive to make a benefit universal than to means test.

Expecting the tories to understand 'efficiency' is like asking a budgie why they have never won anything of note
YouGov voters age chart on 10:05 - Jun 14 with 7029 viewsArcher4721

Mmmm some excellent news

YouGov voters age chart on 11:43 - Jun 14 with 6969 viewseireblue

YouGov voters age chart on 09:48 - Jun 14 by Pinewoodblue

I believe there is evidence to suggest that a significant proportion of people that should have the benefit, will not apply, under means testing.

Therefore is not optimal.

You don't have to means test, in order for people that don't need it, to reject it.
YouGov voters age chart on 12:22 - Jun 14 with 6917 viewsfactual_blue

YouGov voters age chart on 09:01 - Jun 14 by gerard1947

Indeed. I am now putting together the Pol Facters death squads, and preparing lists of the Enemies Of The People.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

YouGov voters age chart on 12:48 - Jun 14 with 6896 viewsLuk38644

I don't get this demonising of the older generation just because they vote a certain way - Are they not allowed to vote anymore because they have a differing opinion?
YouGov voters age chart on 12:54 - Jun 14 with 6883 viewsgiant_stow

YouGov voters age chart on 12:48 - Jun 14 by Luk38644

I don't get this demonising of the older generation just because they vote a certain way - Are they not allowed to vote anymore because they have a differing opinion?

Isn't the issue that up until this election, older people have been the ones voting so have had their interests looked after?

Two obvious ones:
-pensions protected while working age benfits and education benefits cut.
-policies which have kept the housing market inflated at the expense of new entrants.

Maybe this will change now - fingers crossed - its not been fair.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

YouGov voters age chart on 12:58 - Jun 14 with 6867 viewsLuk38644

YouGov voters age chart on 12:54 - Jun 14 by giant_stow

Isn't the issue that up until this election, older people have been the ones voting so have had their interests looked after?

Two obvious ones:
-pensions protected while working age benfits and education benefits cut.
-policies which have kept the housing market inflated at the expense of new entrants.

Maybe this will change now - fingers crossed - its not been fair.

It was young peoples choice not to vote and I'm glad that there was such high youth turnout in the general election because it shows people my age are actually engaging, but my point is that, everyone is keen to say 'bloody old people, voting Tory and ruining the country' but the fact is, they are voting for the party they think will do the best job, it's just a differing view, they shouldn't be demonised for that.
YouGov voters age chart on 13:55 - Jun 14 with 6818 viewsRyorry

YouGov voters age chart on 12:58 - Jun 14 by Luk38644

It was young peoples choice not to vote and I'm glad that there was such high youth turnout in the general election because it shows people my age are actually engaging, but my point is that, everyone is keen to say 'bloody old people, voting Tory and ruining the country' but the fact is, they are voting for the party they think will do the best job, it's just a differing view, they shouldn't be demonised for that.

Quite, not to mention (as the posters on this thread indicate) that many of us (I'm late 60s) do *not* fit the sterotyping or stats - I voted for "remain" & the Green Party, and support policies which look towards the future, even if they might cost me a bit more now. Am getting fed up with the seemingly increasing ageist stereotyping.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

YouGov voters age chart on 14:00 - Jun 14 with 6804 viewsDanTheMan

YouGov voters age chart on 12:58 - Jun 14 by Luk38644

And then when they did vote they were blamed for causing a hung parliament.

Stuff like this:

This is then compounded by people in the media and some politicians claiming that young people were "bribed" by Labour, as if they were all so stupid they had no idea what they were voting for.

Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

YouGov voters age chart on 14:01 - Jun 14 with 6800 viewsgiant_stow

YouGov voters age chart on 13:55 - Jun 14 by Ryorry

Quite, not to mention (as the posters on this thread indicate) that many of us (I'm late 60s) do *not* fit the sterotyping or stats - I voted for "remain" & the Green Party, and support policies which look towards the future, even if they might cost me a bit more now. Am getting fed up with the seemingly increasing ageist stereotyping.

Personally, I'm not blaming older people, more the young for not making their voices heard until a week ago. Regardless, the end result has been obvious and factual.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

YouGov voters age chart on 14:03 - Jun 14 with 6797 viewsgiant_stow

YouGov voters age chart on 14:00 - Jun 14 by DanTheMan

And then when they did vote they were blamed for causing a hung parliament.

Stuff like this:

This is then compounded by people in the media and some politicians claiming that young people were "bribed" by Labour, as if they were all so stupid they had no idea what they were voting for.

Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

Older voters have been bribed for a long time.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024