Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Darren Bent would be open to Ipswich return 14:28 - Jun 15 with 11097 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/derby-county-striker-darren-bent-would-be-open-t

Not the answer long term but would certainly take him for a season or possibly two if available and affordable.

Poll: Will the new season ticket prices make you renew for the 2017/2018 season?

Darren Bent would be open to Ipswich return on 14:30 - Jun 15 with 9291 viewswkj

It would be nice to have him for one last send off, I have a gut feeling his wage expectations whould be a massive stumbling block on a town return, especially with him undoubtedly not being a regular starter.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Darren Bent would be open to Ipswich return on 14:40 - Jun 15 with 9219 viewschristiand

I'd have him back. He's proved that he can still score goals at this level, however I doubt we'd be able to afford his wages?

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Darren Bent would be open to Ipswich return on 14:42 - Jun 15 with 9201 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

Darren Bent would be open to Ipswich return on 14:30 - Jun 15 by wkj

It would be nice to have him for one last send off, I have a gut feeling his wage expectations whould be a massive stumbling block on a town return, especially with him undoubtedly not being a regular starter.

Agreed, would be a huge stumbling block and am sure he would probably have better offers on the table than we could afford.

If he is willing to take a significant pay cut though then I think we could do a lot worse in the short term, he looked like he still had plenty about him when Derby tore us apart at PR this season.

Poll: Will the new season ticket prices make you renew for the 2017/2018 season?

Darren Bent would be open to Ipswich return on 15:01 - Jun 15 with 9060 viewsSarge

He should undoubtedly be a regular starter no?
McGoldrick is our only decent striker and he unfortunately will pick up an injury at some point in the season.
Darren Bent would be open to Ipswich return on 15:03 - Jun 15 with 9037 viewshowdonblue

Agree totally
Darren Bent would be open to Ipswich return on 15:04 - Jun 15 with 9018 viewswkj

Darren Bent would be open to Ipswich return on 15:01 - Jun 15 by Sarge

He should undoubtedly be a regular starter no?
McGoldrick is our only decent striker and he unfortunately will pick up an injury at some point in the season.

I dont think Bent can keep form all season if we expect him to score a load is my main concern.

Darren Bent would be open to Ipswich return on 15:11 - Jun 15 with 8954 viewschicoazul

"undoubtedly" really??? Bent would be a nailed on starter for almost every team in this league.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Darren Bent would be open to Ipswich return on 15:14 - Jun 15 with 8929 viewsSarge

Darren Bent would be open to Ipswich return on 15:04 - Jun 15 by wkj

I dont think Bent can keep form all season if we expect him to score a load is my main concern.

Perhaps not, although he managed a decent enough return for Derby last season. There's always the possibility of a Douglas style sudden onset legs gone syndrome I suppose!
Login to get fewer ads

Darren Bent would be open to Ipswich return on 15:24 - Jun 15 with 8868 viewswrightsrightglove

It would all depend on him taking a massive pay cut; maybe with a decent bonus system in place he might be tempted - x amount per goal, x amount at 10, 15, 20 goals etc and bonuses on final league position. Even that would be a stretch though I would think.
Darren Bent would be open to Ipswich return on 16:03 - Jun 15 with 8724 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Darren Bent would be open to Ipswich return on 15:24 - Jun 15 by wrightsrightglove

It would all depend on him taking a massive pay cut; maybe with a decent bonus system in place he might be tempted - x amount per goal, x amount at 10, 15, 20 goals etc and bonuses on final league position. Even that would be a stretch though I would think.

Give us 1 season then go to china
Darren Bent would be open to Ipswich return on 17:00 - Jun 15 with 8526 viewsSW6Tractor

I'd love to see it, but would he work in our system?
Darren Bent would be open to Ipswich return on 17:07 - Jun 15 with 8501 viewsBluebell

Would he be prepared to take such a huge drop in wages though?

Isn't he on something like £60,000 a week? The most we could offer would be £10,000 plus a Mars Bar at most I would guess.

He probably has another 2 good years left. I would guess one of the teams that dropped from the Prem might try to get him.
Darren Bent would be open to Ipswich return on 17:23 - Jun 15 with 8435 viewsPhilTWTD

Darren Bent would be open to Ipswich return on 17:07 - Jun 15 by Bluebell

Isn't he on something like £60,000 a week? The most we could offer would be £10,000 plus a Mars Bar at most I would guess.

He probably has another 2 good years left. I would guess one of the teams that dropped from the Prem might try to get him.

Indeed, like the Murphy links earlier in the summer not realistic from a financial perspective.
Darren Bent would be open to Ipswich return on 17:53 - Jun 15 with 8333 viewsJ2BLUE

I'm not knocking him but he would hardly say no would he? It's a classic answer to please the fans. Would he really be open to taking a massive pay cut to come back here and have balls pumped at his head for 90 mins? Doubt it.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Darren Bent would be open to Ipswich return on 18:49 - Jun 15 with 8213 viewswkj

Darren Bent would be open to Ipswich return on 15:11 - Jun 15 by chicoazul

"undoubtedly" really??? Bent would be a nailed on starter for almost every team in this league.

He is that iffy age for a Goal scoring striker, much like when we got Dougie, he went from a decent player to having no legs. I base my assumption of Bent not being a starter for the whole season based on his potential age related form/fitness being at risk

Darren Bent would be open to Ipswich return on 21:19 - Jun 15 with 7915 viewsITFCGloryDays

Darren Bent would be open to Ipswich return on 17:07 - Jun 15 by Bluebell

Surely the enticement of a Mars bar would do it...
Darren Bent would be open to Ipswich return on 21:37 - Jun 15 with 7865 viewsSarge

Darren Bent would be open to Ipswich return on 21:19 - Jun 15 by ITFCGloryDays

Not if he has any taste.

Snickers at the least.
Darren Bent would be open to Ipswich return on 22:01 - Jun 15 with 7807 viewsHerbivore

He's a bench warmer at this level these days, even for the likes of us. We can't afford to pay him upwards of £20k a week for an average of 20 mins a game.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Darren Bent would be open to Ipswich return on 22:06 - Jun 15 with 7783 viewsDubtractor

Darren Bent would be open to Ipswich return on 21:19 - Jun 15 by ITFCGloryDays

Depends if it was one of those double pack ones.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Darren Bent would be open to Ipswich return on 22:09 - Jun 15 with 7772 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Darren Bent would be open to Ipswich return on 22:01 - Jun 15 by Herbivore

He's a bench warmer at this level these days, even for the likes of us. We can't afford to pay him upwards of £20k a week for an average of 20 mins a game.

I'm sorry Herbie but there's no way if we signed him he'd be a 'bench warmer'

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Darren Bent would be open to Ipswich return on 22:16 - Jun 15 with 7737 viewsSarge

Darren Bent would be open to Ipswich return on 22:09 - Jun 15 by The_Romford_Blue

Indeed, 13 goals in I think 27 games for Derby last season
Darren Bent would be open to Ipswich return on 22:19 - Jun 15 with 7718 viewsHerbivore

Darren Bent would be open to Ipswich return on 22:09 - Jun 15 by The_Romford_Blue

I disagree, I don't think he'd start regularly. His work rate these days is poor, he's never offered much outside the box. He's a goalscorer but he doesn't score often enough anymore to compensate for his lack of all round contribution.

Darren Bent would be open to Ipswich return on 22:20 - Jun 15 with 7712 viewsElderGrizzly

His wages & fee would be better spent elsewhere. Not the answer to our problems
Darren Bent would be open to Ipswich return on 22:23 - Jun 15 with 7697 viewsHerbivore

Darren Bent would be open to Ipswich return on 22:16 - Jun 15 by Sarge

Indeed, 13 goals in I think 27 games for Derby last season

Wiki says 12 goals in 58 appearances over the past 2 seasons. That's worse than Bret Pitman, who for me has more of an all round game but still doesn't offer enough for us.

Darren Bent would be open to Ipswich return on 22:28 - Jun 15 with 7682 viewsSarge

Darren Bent would be open to Ipswich return on 22:23 - Jun 15 by Herbivore

Wiki says 12 goals in 58 appearances over the past 2 seasons. That's worse than Bret Pitman, who for me has more of an all round game but still doesn't offer enough for us.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/teams/derby-county/top-scorers

Our midfield is useless, and our strikers are ineffective or injury prone. Not saying he'd fix that but I'd welcome him and would actually take up my season ticket if we signed someone like him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024