Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What is going on in Kensington 23:02 - Jun 17 with 8623 viewssyntaxerror

Large amounts of donations just piling up and no one to distribute it.
Shame on the council.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-40316530/silence-the-scene-at-kensington-and-che
What is going on in Kensington on 03:18 - Jun 18 with 7891 viewsIllinoisblue

I've seen a number of "where are the council?" and "where is the govt?" stories the last few days. When did it become the norm to rely on officialdom to do and solve everything?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

What is going on in Kensington on 04:57 - Jun 18 with 7863 viewsnoggin

What is going on in Kensington on 03:18 - Jun 18 by Illinoisblue

I've seen a number of "where are the council?" and "where is the govt?" stories the last few days. When did it become the norm to rely on officialdom to do and solve everything?

Since the welfare state was created?

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

What is going on in Kensington on 05:23 - Jun 18 with 7853 viewsdickie

This guy sums it up very succinctly
[Post edited 18 Jun 2017 13:15]
What is going on in Kensington on 08:08 - Jun 18 with 7750 viewsMJallday

Personally I think we should seize the London homes of Lily Allen, Linekar etc to rehouse the victims. Let's see how much they want to bleat about the state on social media then

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

What is going on in Kensington on 08:51 - Jun 18 with 7692 viewsNo9

What is going on in Kensington on 08:08 - Jun 18 by MJallday

Personally I think we should seize the London homes of Lily Allen, Linekar etc to rehouse the victims. Let's see how much they want to bleat about the state on social media then

If you look you will see Lily Allen offered shelter & support

But you should not sneer because this is a serious issue, there are several places in England where there are considerable numbers of properties empty which should not happen when you have large numers of homeless people.
This leads to major problems - don't you recall in Wales, the locals could not get houses so started torching the houses of owners who didn't live in them & didn't contribute to the community?

it is a major problem so I am surprised at your churlish comment
What is going on in Kensington on 08:58 - Jun 18 with 7676 viewsWubbleU

If the authorities had asked for donations and then not distributed them then they are out of order but in truth who knows if it is what is needed? It is a genuine attempt to help for sure but I think it could be doing just the opposite and creating chaos in the area around the disaster.
My question would be where are the authorities with a pre-paid credit card. Although I suspect any big store would open its doors and gift some stuff.
What is going on in Kensington on 09:03 - Jun 18 with 7665 viewsHerbivore

Why seize the homes of celebrities when there are numerous empty homes in the local area that could be temporarily requisitioned?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

What is going on in Kensington on 09:29 - Jun 18 with 7614 viewsfactual_blue

Well, theresa may has Downing Street, Chequers, her own very nice place in Sonning Common and no doubt a holiday cottage somewhere. .....

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Login to get fewer ads

What is going on in Kensington on 10:12 - Jun 18 with 7579 viewstiptreeblue

it can`t be the council`s fault they are run by Labour. it must be the Government`s fault don`t ya know
on 10:13 - Jun 18 with 7575 views_

What is going on in Kensington on 10:12 - Jun 18 by tiptreeblue

it can`t be the council`s fault they are run by Labour. it must be the Government`s fault don`t ya know

What is going on in Kensington on 10:19 - Jun 18 with 7565 viewsHerbivore

The council is Conservative, overwhelmingly so. No wonder you vote Tory lol.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

What is going on in Kensington on 10:33 - Jun 18 with 7545 viewsPrideOfTheEast

What is going on in Kensington on 08:51 - Jun 18 by No9

If you look you will see Lily Allen offered shelter & support

But you should not sneer because this is a serious issue, there are several places in England where there are considerable numbers of properties empty which should not happen when you have large numers of homeless people.
This leads to major problems - don't you recall in Wales, the locals could not get houses so started torching the houses of owners who didn't live in them & didn't contribute to the community?

it is a major problem so I am surprised at your churlish comment

It might be a major problem (it has been for years) but it's far too late to fix that any time soon. What do you suggest the government does?

Not having a go at you but views on this are in danger of becoming absurd. The country is turning into a student demonstration, albeit a demonstration not restricted to students.
What is going on in Kensington on 10:40 - Jun 18 with 7517 viewscaught-in-limbo

Have you got such a relaxed attitude towards policing?

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

What is going on in Kensington on 10:43 - Jun 18 with 7501 viewsNo9

What is going on in Kensington on 10:33 - Jun 18 by PrideOfTheEast

It might be a major problem (it has been for years) but it's far too late to fix that any time soon. What do you suggest the government does?

Not having a go at you but views on this are in danger of becoming absurd. The country is turning into a student demonstration, albeit a demonstration not restricted to students.

It is a problem Harold Wilson started to fix in the 60's

The last labour governemnt asked anyone who had land suitable for bulding (with caveats) to supply details to the LA.
Most LA's being tory stamped on that and after 2010 the Governemtn did everything to prop up house prices which majored on NOT building.

As for the safety issues, if you want me to give you details of how to overcome these send me a PM
What is going on in Kensington on 10:46 - Jun 18 with 7488 viewsfactual_blue

There's a quite devestating piece on the BBC website by a journalist present at the 2010 Haitian earthquake. He points out that in fewer days than have passed since the Grenfell Tower fire, a coordinated international aid and rescue effort was in place. That was in a remote place with poor infrastructure. This terrible fire, on the other hand, was in the richest borough in a major world city.

It's shameful.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

What is going on in Kensington on 10:48 - Jun 18 with 7478 viewsNo9

What is going on in Kensington on 09:03 - Jun 18 by Herbivore

Why seize the homes of celebrities when there are numerous empty homes in the local area that could be temporarily requisitioned?

A nationwide problem which governemtn could resolve
What is going on in Kensington on 11:00 - Jun 18 with 7448 viewsPrideOfTheEast

What is going on in Kensington on 10:43 - Jun 18 by No9

It is a problem Harold Wilson started to fix in the 60's

The last labour governemnt asked anyone who had land suitable for bulding (with caveats) to supply details to the LA.
Most LA's being tory stamped on that and after 2010 the Governemtn did everything to prop up house prices which majored on NOT building.

As for the safety issues, if you want me to give you details of how to overcome these send me a PM

Good god. No thanks.
What is going on in Kensington on 11:41 - Jun 18 with 7394 viewsjaykay

is that a guess,making it up or a correct statement

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

What is going on in Kensington on 12:31 - Jun 18 with 7332 viewsClapham_Junction

What is going on in Kensington on 11:41 - Jun 18 by jaykay

is that a guess,making it up or a correct statement

Current makeup of the council:

Conservatives 40
Labour 7
Lib Dem 3
What is going on in Kensington on 12:46 - Jun 18 with 7315 viewsJeanManuelThetis

Ealing council has decided to step in and take over operations from the local authorities in Kensington and Chelsea, who were just utterly failing to do anything.
What is going on in Kensington on 14:37 - Jun 18 with 7241 viewsitfcjoe

I was speaking to someone yesterday whose relative is an architect and they had written a report on Grenfell, specifically stating that this cladding should in no circumstances be used.

The report was ignored, he's already been informed he'll be called as an expert witness.

There was another article in the paper this morning saying that local council ran at a £40m surplus last year and gave tax payers back who weren't in social housing £100 each. All this while ignoring the need for a sprinkler system etc.

It's a shameful episode in British history

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

on 15:04 - Jun 18 with 7211 views_

What is going on in Kensington on 14:37 - Jun 18 by itfcjoe

I was speaking to someone yesterday whose relative is an architect and they had written a report on Grenfell, specifically stating that this cladding should in no circumstances be used.

The report was ignored, he's already been informed he'll be called as an expert witness.

There was another article in the paper this morning saying that local council ran at a £40m surplus last year and gave tax payers back who weren't in social housing £100 each. All this while ignoring the need for a sprinkler system etc.

It's a shameful episode in British history

What is going on in Kensington on 16:14 - Jun 18 with 7167 viewsjaykay

What is going on in Kensington on 12:31 - Jun 18 by Clapham_Junction

Current makeup of the council:

Conservatives 40
Labour 7
Lib Dem 3

i did know that.i was waiting for tiptree blue to answer.i expect he heard it labour run council,from a bloke down the pub.so it must be true

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

What is going on in Kensington on 16:16 - Jun 18 with 7163 viewsjaykay

on 10:13 - Jun 18 by _

who is they ?

on 16:19 - Jun 18 with 7155 views_

What is going on in Kensington on 16:16 - Jun 18 by jaykay

who is they ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024