Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Foo Fighters coming up on Glasto 21:44 - Jun 24 with 10302 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

Foo Fighters coming up on Glasto on 21:57 - Jun 24 with 8671 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

Incredible already
Foo Fighters coming up on Glasto on 21:58 - Jun 24 with 8669 viewsstickymockwell

WHAT
A
START

I wonder if he's gonna do some Nirvana as he might have blown his load too quickly
[Post edited 24 Jun 2017 22:07]

Give him a ball and a yard of grass
Poll: How many times have you looked at the table since full time yesterday?

Foo Fighters coming up on Glasto on 22:01 - Jun 24 with 8658 viewsJ2BLUE

Brilliant so far. Really hoping for Rope, Iron Rooster and Saint Cecilia.

Stormzy and Katy Perry both awful.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Foo Fighters coming up on Glasto on 22:04 - Jun 24 with 8649 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Foo Fighters coming up on Glasto on 21:57 - Jun 24 by DropCliffsNotBombs

Incredible already

So good.

What a band.

Foo Fighters coming up on Glasto on 22:11 - Jun 24 with 8614 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Foo Fighters coming up on Glasto on 21:58 - Jun 24 by stickymockwell

WHAT
A
START

I wonder if he's gonna do some Nirvana as he might have blown his load too quickly

Definitely hasn't blown it too early. They have so much energy they could play Frère Jacques half way through the set and It would still be awesome.

Foo Fighters coming up on Glasto on 22:13 - Jun 24 with 8605 viewsTIB

Foo Fighters coming up on Glasto on 21:58 - Jun 24 by stickymockwell

WHAT
A
START

Big first song to start with but they just keep playing hit after hit. Truly great band, I'm off to Amazon to stock up on their discography as I've got all of 2 songs of theirs on my phone.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

Foo Fighters coming up on Glasto on 22:25 - Jun 24 with 8569 viewsLeoMuff

Dad rock at it's finest.

The only Muff in Town.
Poll: Lamberts rotational policy has left us....

Foo Fighters coming up on Glasto on 22:27 - Jun 24 with 8554 viewsLord_Lucan

Foo Fighters coming up on Glasto on 22:25 - Jun 24 by LeoMuff

Dad rock at it's finest.

I don't like them.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Login to get fewer ads

Foo Fighters coming up on Glasto on 22:27 - Jun 24 with 8553 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Always thought they were overrated, but I have to admit they are putting on one hell of a show.

Really separating the men from the boys. I hope matey from Kaiser Chiefs is taking notes.

Poll: Best Football Song

Foo Fighters coming up on Glasto on 22:35 - Jun 24 with 8514 viewsLord_Lucan

Foo Fighters coming up on Glasto on 22:27 - Jun 24 by RoyKeanesDog

Always thought they were overrated, but I have to admit they are putting on one hell of a show.

Really separating the men from the boys. I hope matey from Kaiser Chiefs is taking notes.

I'm catching upon Radiohead.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Foo Fighters coming up on Glasto on 22:36 - Jun 24 with 8501 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Foo Fighters coming up on Glasto on 22:35 - Jun 24 by Lord_Lucan

I'm catching upon Radiohead.

No Surprises there

Foo Fighters coming up on Glasto on 22:39 - Jun 24 with 8485 viewsLord_Lucan

Foo Fighters coming up on Glasto on 22:36 - Jun 24 by RoyKeanesDog

No Surprises there

There was a favourite Radiohead album thread yesterday. I picked The Bends but I'm changing to Shefki Honey.

Foo Fighters coming up on Glasto on 22:39 - Jun 24 with 8485 viewsDubtractor

Foo Fighters coming up on Glasto on 22:25 - Jun 24 by LeoMuff

Dad rock at it's finest.

A little harsh, but I know where you're coming from.

I really like some of it, but then some is a little meh. Current tune "One of These Days" a good example of that.

Good show so far though.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Foo Fighters coming up on Glasto on 22:43 - Jun 24 with 8457 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Foo Fighters coming up on Glasto on 22:39 - Jun 24 by Dubtractor

A little harsh, but I know where you're coming from.

I really like some of it, but then some is a little meh. Current tune "One of These Days" a good example of that.

Good show so far though.

Yeah, agreed.

I have always rated them on individual tunes, which I have always been 'take it or leave it', and they get their fair share of airtime on Absolute Radio.

Top marks for showmanship though.

The same applies to Muse, I am impartial really- but have heard so many times that they are phenomenal live.

Foo Fighters coming up on Glasto on 23:02 - Jun 24 with 8397 viewsThisIsMyUsername

First song from their new album now.

F*cking tune.

Foo Fighters coming up on Glasto on 23:23 - Jun 24 with 8350 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Foo Fighters coming up on Glasto on 23:02 - Jun 24 by ThisIsMyUsername

First song from their new album now.

F*cking tune.

They are absolutely owning that stage.

I've never had such a sudden change of opinion of a band like this.

Foo Fighters coming up on Glasto on 23:25 - Jun 24 with 8339 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

Foo Fighters coming up on Glasto on 23:23 - Jun 24 by RoyKeanesDog

They are absolutely owning that stage.

I've never had such a sudden change of opinion of a band like this.

no gimmicks, no bullsh*t.

just awesome power
Foo Fighters coming up on Glasto on 23:46 - Jun 24 with 8282 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Foo Fighters coming up on Glasto on 23:25 - Jun 24 by DropCliffsNotBombs

no gimmicks, no bullsh*t.

just awesome power

Yeah, it really does look like something special.

My brother-in-law loves them and was supposed to see them when he broke his leg, he'll be gutted when he sees this.

Oh well, I did get him a second hand dvd of them for Christmas.

Foo Fighters coming up on Glasto on 00:04 - Jun 25 with 8248 viewsFoD_Blue

I've been intending to avoid their Glasto set because I am heading out to Paris next weekend to go and watch them there. After seeing comments both here and on facebook, I think I might crack and watch their set on catch-up.
Foo Fighters coming up on Glasto on 00:11 - Jun 25 with 8231 viewsGunnsAirkick

They need to play some more stuff off their brilliant first two albums. Can't believe they played fecking Wheels, it's rubbish.

I'm a huge fan but all the talking is bloody annoying too. Compare this set with the one they did at Reading a few years ago and it's no contest (great Queen cover mind).
Foo Fighters coming up on Glasto on 00:17 - Jun 25 with 8205 viewsbrogansnose

Foo Fighters coming up on Glasto on 22:27 - Jun 24 by RoyKeanesDog

They're not my box of chocolates but chuff me, what a show. I would have loved to have been in the middle of that.
Foo Fighters coming up on Glasto on 00:23 - Jun 25 with 8190 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Foo Fighters coming up on Glasto on 00:11 - Jun 25 by GunnsAirkick

They need to play some more stuff off their brilliant first two albums. Can't believe they played fecking Wheels, it's rubbish.

I'm a huge fan but all the talking is bloody annoying too. Compare this set with the one they did at Reading a few years ago and it's no contest (great Queen cover mind).

I think the talking, which I'd prefer to call showmanship, made that performance stand out. He created an energy, and clearly had an aura about him.

Looked like an amazing set to see live, and all those people who were there will be talking about that all weekend.

This may be an apples and oranges comparison, but Mike Skinner does the same. I've seen him create such an atmosphere he got the crowd to take off their shirts and swap it with a stranger.

Each to their own though I suppose.

Foo Fighters coming up on Glasto on 00:26 - Jun 25 with 8171 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Foo Fighters coming up on Glasto on 00:17 - Jun 25 by brogansnose

They're not my box of chocolates but chuff me, what a show. I would have loved to have been in the middle of that.

Snap. They could've been playing a Little Mix album and it wouldn't have mattered. Dave Grohl is the man.

Only disappointment was that I got my hopes up with a Nirvana tune.

Slim pickings on remaining catch up artists to watch now. Have been brought back down to reality with Craig David.

Foo Fighters coming up on Glasto on 00:29 - Jun 25 with 8163 viewsGunnsAirkick

Foo Fighters coming up on Glasto on 00:23 - Jun 25 by RoyKeanesDog

I think the talking, which I'd prefer to call showmanship, made that performance stand out. He created an energy, and clearly had an aura about him.

Looked like an amazing set to see live, and all those people who were there will be talking about that all weekend.

This may be an apples and oranges comparison, but Mike Skinner does the same. I've seen him create such an atmosphere he got the crowd to take off their shirts and swap it with a stranger.

Each to their own though I suppose.

Saw The Streets at Reading in 2004, I see what you're getting at as although it's a rock festival primarily (or at least used to be) he totally won over the crowd. It was a really great performance by him and the rest of his band.

I've seen Foo Fighters many times, so I'm used to Dave Grohl talking a lot and his 'style' but I dunno, it just seemed excessive tonight. I know you'll never please everyone though, I do think it's crazy they only played four songs off their first two albums though!
[Post edited 25 Jun 2017 0:30]
Foo Fighters coming up on Glasto on 00:32 - Jun 25 with 8153 viewshoppy

Foo Fighters coming up on Glasto on 22:43 - Jun 24 by RoyKeanesDog

Yeah, agreed.

I have always rated them on individual tunes, which I have always been 'take it or leave it', and they get their fair share of airtime on Absolute Radio.

Top marks for showmanship though.

The same applies to Muse, I am impartial really- but have heard so many times that they are phenomenal live.

Thought they did an excellent set... never really been a fan but thought they were really good. Saw Muse at Wembley and they put an awesome show on.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024