Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Didn't realise the National Trust allows trail hunting on its grounds. 16:52 - Jun 25 with 20386 viewsmonytowbray

Girlfriend cancelled her young person's membership yesterday.

https://www.league.org.uk/news/hunting-on-national-trust-land-league-statement

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Didn't realise the National Trust allows trail hunting on its grounds. on 18:10 - Jun 25 with 5288 viewsmonytowbray

Didn't realise the National Trust allows trail hunting on its grounds. on 17:54 - Jun 25 by itfcjoe

Life's too short

Depends if you care about the well being of animals or not. If one didn't care, then yes, I suppose I can see why you would think life is too short.

TWTD never forgets…

Didn't realise the National Trust allows trail hunting on its grounds. on 18:21 - Jun 25 with 5264 viewsIllinoisblue

Didn't realise the National Trust allows trail hunting on its grounds. on 18:10 - Jun 25 by monytowbray

Depends if you care about the well being of animals or not. If one didn't care, then yes, I suppose I can see why you would think life is too short.

Is she a vegetarian and someone who avoids leather shoes and clothes?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Didn't realise the National Trust allows trail hunting on its grounds. on 18:24 - Jun 25 with 5247 viewsmonytowbray

Didn't realise the National Trust allows trail hunting on its grounds. on 18:21 - Jun 25 by Illinoisblue

Is she a vegetarian and someone who avoids leather shoes and clothes?

Yes.

TWTD never forgets…

Didn't realise the National Trust allows trail hunting on its grounds. on 18:38 - Jun 25 with 5222 viewsSwansea_Blue

Didn't realise the National Trust allows trail hunting on its grounds. on 17:44 - Jun 25 by monytowbray

That's called intervening with nature. It is not a requirement of nature, but a decision of humans.

Sometimes we have to 'intervene' because we dominate nature so much that most of the time it's out of kilter with what would be 'natural' in any case. Dear numbers being a case in point where they run rampant and over-graze because there's no predator to keep numbers at a sustainable level (we killed all the predators).

I'm talking about proper land management here though, not doing it for 'sport'.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Didn't realise the National Trust allows trail hunting on its grounds. on 18:41 - Jun 25 with 5213 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Didn't realise the National Trust allows trail hunting on its grounds. on 18:09 - Jun 25 by monytowbray

I can supply you with more evidence if you wish?

If you mean by a picture or video, absolutely do not do it.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Didn't realise the National Trust allows trail hunting on its grounds. on 18:43 - Jun 25 with 5206 viewscolchesterchris

Didn't realise the National Trust allows trail hunting on its grounds. on 18:41 - Jun 25 by The_Romford_Blue

Out of sight, out of mind right?

Poll: Hypothetically, we have £1M for January. What would you rather?

Didn't realise the National Trust allows trail hunting on its grounds. on 18:45 - Jun 25 with 5202 viewsmonytowbray

Didn't realise the National Trust allows trail hunting on its grounds. on 18:41 - Jun 25 by The_Romford_Blue

Haha!

TWTD never forgets…

Didn't realise the National Trust allows trail hunting on its grounds. on 18:47 - Jun 25 with 5193 viewsmonytowbray

Didn't realise the National Trust allows trail hunting on its grounds. on 18:38 - Jun 25 by Swansea_Blue

Sometimes we have to 'intervene' because we dominate nature so much that most of the time it's out of kilter with what would be 'natural' in any case. Dear numbers being a case in point where they run rampant and over-graze because there's no predator to keep numbers at a sustainable level (we killed all the predators).

Land management is, as you say, for our means though. You can't blame deforestation on animals when we knowlingly caused it.

But I do agree there is a big ethical difference between culls and sport killing, although I don't agree with either.

TWTD never forgets…

Login to get fewer ads

Didn't realise the National Trust allows trail hunting on its grounds. on 18:54 - Jun 25 with 5184 viewsimsureazzure

Trails are a menace to farmers the amount of livestock they kill, trails should be hunted and killed humanely.
Didn't realise the National Trust allows trail hunting on its grounds. on 18:55 - Jun 25 with 5173 viewsRyorry

Didn't realise the National Trust allows trail hunting on its grounds. on 18:09 - Jun 25 by monytowbray

I can supply you with more evidence if you wish?

Yes please, videos with full context from credible independent witnesses.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Didn't realise the National Trust allows trail hunting on its grounds. on 18:59 - Jun 25 with 5162 viewsBluebell

Didn't realise the National Trust allows trail hunting on its grounds. on 17:11 - Jun 25 by baxterbasics

Tell her to grow up and get over herself.

Upvoted by mistake.

What a uncaring thing to say!
Didn't realise the National Trust allows trail hunting on its grounds. on 19:10 - Jun 25 with 5131 viewsNewcyBlue

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Didn't realise the National Trust allows trail hunting on its grounds. on 19:13 - Jun 25 with 5125 viewsitfcjoe

Didn't realise the National Trust allows trail hunting on its grounds. on 18:10 - Jun 25 by monytowbray

Sorry, I'll rephrase - life's too short to care that much.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Didn't realise the National Trust allows trail hunting on its grounds. on 19:18 - Jun 25 with 5113 viewsBackToRussia

Didn't realise the National Trust allows trail hunting on its grounds. on 19:13 - Jun 25 by itfcjoe

Sorry, I'll rephrase - life's too short to care that much.

Harsh

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Didn't realise the National Trust allows trail hunting on its grounds. on 19:39 - Jun 25 with 5081 viewsitfcjoe

Didn't realise the National Trust allows trail hunting on its grounds. on 19:18 - Jun 25 by BackToRussia

Harsh

There'll always be someone that cares more, feels like cutting off nose to spite face if you still enjoy NT stuff

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Didn't realise the National Trust allows trail hunting on its grounds. on 19:41 - Jun 25 with 5067 viewsNewcyBlue

She won't be fawn-ing over the NT anymore then...

Didn't realise the National Trust allows trail hunting on its grounds. on 19:45 - Jun 25 with 5060 viewsjaykay

Didn't realise the National Trust allows trail hunting on its grounds. on 18:38 - Jun 25 by Swansea_Blue

is that old dears or deers
[Post edited 25 Jun 2017 19:45]

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Didn't realise the National Trust allows trail hunting on its grounds. on 19:47 - Jun 25 with 5052 viewsgordon

As a general point, by remaining a member but repeatedly contacting the relevant people within the organisation letting them know your position you're probably more likely to effect change.

The National Trust is moving in the right direction with regards driven grouse shooting tenants on their land, as well. The incidents that have triggered this backlash against hunting were pretty poor, it's likely the NT will respond positively soon I'd reckon.
Didn't realise the National Trust allows trail hunting on its grounds. on 19:47 - Jun 25 with 5048 viewsMullet

Didn't realise the National Trust allows trail hunting on its grounds. on 19:41 - Jun 25 by NewcyBlue

Hop along

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Didn't realise the National Trust allows trail hunting on its grounds. on 19:54 - Jun 25 with 5025 viewsimsureazzure

Didn't realise the National Trust allows trail hunting on its grounds. on 19:41 - Jun 25 by NewcyBlue

Get your coat, off a wonderful Georgian hat and coat stand.
Didn't realise the National Trust allows trail hunting on its grounds. on 19:58 - Jun 25 with 5012 viewsLord_Lucan

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Didn't realise the National Trust allows trail hunting on its grounds. on 20:15 - Jun 25 with 4984 viewsgordon

Didn't realise the National Trust allows trail hunting on its grounds. on 18:47 - Jun 25 by monytowbray

Land management is, as you say, for our means though. You can't blame deforestation on animals when we knowlingly caused it.

But I do agree there is a big ethical difference between culls and sport killing, although I don't agree with either.

Over the last twenty years or so there has been a big push on some highland estates to reduce unnaturally high deer numbers to allow upland woodlands to regenerate, with benefits for a whole range of other species.

Estates that run commercial deer stalking operations have been fighting this as much as possible - where deer stalking is run as a business, the estate typically will only take stags to maintain as high a density of deer as they can, resulting in a much degraded environment.

When people say of 'sport' hunting, 'well how would you control xxxx', it's either ignorance or disingenuous. In almost all cases, for the sport to exist an unnaturally high number of the target species must be maintained, which results in various negative impacts for other species and the wider environment.
Didn't realise the National Trust allows trail hunting on its grounds. on 20:17 - Jun 25 with 4977 viewsNewcyBlue

Didn't realise the National Trust allows trail hunting on its grounds. on 19:47 - Jun 25 by Mullet

Hop along

Oh deer

Didn't realise the National Trust allows trail hunting on its grounds. on 20:22 - Jun 25 with 4968 viewsSwansea_Blue

Didn't realise the National Trust allows trail hunting on its grounds. on 19:58 - Jun 25 by Lord_Lucan

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Didn't realise the National Trust allows trail hunting on its grounds. on 20:30 - Jun 25 with 4953 viewsWeWereZombies

Didn't realise the National Trust allows trail hunting on its grounds. on 20:17 - Jun 25 by NewcyBlue

Oh deer

Roe, roe, roe yer boat...

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024