Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saddest films (from an emotional point of view) 18:08 - Jul 5 with 27069 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Serious question. I need to watch a film that is very sad (don't ask).

Any films out there which are likely to tug on the old heart strings?

@veterans_project on Instagram. Please follow the page.
Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

Saddest films (from an emotional point of view) on 18:09 - Jul 5 with 9995 viewsBlueBadger

Well, the Star Wars prequels made me very upset, if that helps...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Saddest films (from an emotional point of view) on 18:09 - Jul 5 with 9991 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Depends on what kind of sad you want, The Pianist is pretty harrowing.

Poll: Best Football Song

Saddest films (from an emotional point of view) on 18:10 - Jul 5 with 9983 viewsmparkyn

Ghost

Ealing Blue

Saddest films (from an emotional point of view) on 18:14 - Jul 5 with 9962 viewstcfc

Fault in our Stars. That'll do it for you.
Saddest films (from an emotional point of view) on 18:17 - Jul 5 with 9955 viewsconnorscontract

"Manchester by the Sea" is phenomenal. Definitely meets your criteria. No spoilers, but it's about a bereavement. And then more is revealed. It's very sad. Has a muted predominantly grey colour palette, and a recurring classical music motif which some people thought over did it.

"Fences" is also pretty sad.

"Hugo" has some great sad themes in amongst a generally more life affirming over-all message.

"Lost in Translation" is all about dislocation (cultural and emotional) and re-connection. Definitely has some moments which are meditations on sadness.

"Schindler's List", obviously, although there are glimpses of light.

Maybe "American Beauty", as well.

"Watership Down"?

It's "Manchester by the Sea" by miles, though. Ticks all your boxes.
Saddest films (from an emotional point of view) on 18:18 - Jul 5 with 9938 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Saddest films (from an emotional point of view) on 18:09 - Jul 5 by RoyKeanesDog

Depends on what kind of sad you want, The Pianist is pretty harrowing.

Hmm, just 'sad' in the most basic sense of the word. I'll have a look at that.

I've also just read that The Green Mile is meant to be quite sad.

Saddest films (from an emotional point of view) on 18:21 - Jul 5 with 9928 viewsconnorscontract

Saddest films (from an emotional point of view) on 18:17 - Jul 5 by connorscontract

"Manchester by the Sea" is phenomenal. Definitely meets your criteria. No spoilers, but it's about a bereavement. And then more is revealed. It's very sad. Has a muted predominantly grey colour palette, and a recurring classical music motif which some people thought over did it.

"Hugo" has some great sad themes in amongst a generally more life affirming over-all message.

"Lost in Translation" is all about dislocation (cultural and emotional) and re-connection. Definitely has some moments which are meditations on sadness.

"Watership Down"?

My wife wants to add "A Monster Calls".

And "The Fault in our Stars" mentioned above is a proper Hollywood weepie. A Rom-cry, if you will, like a Rom-com, but designed to make you cry rather than laugh.
Saddest films (from an emotional point of view) on 18:23 - Jul 5 with 9914 viewsbadadski

Saddest film to date was undoubtedly Honey I Shrunk the kids

I was in bits when the Ant died - admittedly very young when watched it
Login to get fewer ads

Saddest films (from an emotional point of view) on 18:24 - Jul 5 with 9907 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Saddest films (from an emotional point of view) on 18:17 - Jul 5 by connorscontract

"Watership Down"?

Something about a bereavement might be quite good.

That one sounds like an early contender.

Saddest films (from an emotional point of view) on 18:26 - Jul 5 with 9897 viewshype313

Out of Africa

The one with the dingo.

Turner and Hooch

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Saddest films (from an emotional point of view) on 18:27 - Jul 5 with 9888 viewschicoazul

The Bicycle Thief. Not sure that will get her into bed though if that's the idea.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Saddest films (from an emotional point of view) on 18:27 - Jul 5 with 9891 viewsfloridablue

Saddest films (from an emotional point of view) on 18:18 - Jul 5 by ThisIsMyUsername

"The Champ" came out in the early 80s . Boxing type film about a father and his young son.
Remember watching this when i was working in Saudi Arabia around that time and it brought a lump to my throat. Probably have to watch it again to see if it still does!
Saddest films (from an emotional point of view) on 18:31 - Jul 5 with 9872 viewschicoazul

Saddest films (from an emotional point of view) on 18:27 - Jul 5 by floridablue

"The Champ" came out in the early 80s . Boxing type film about a father and his young son.
Remember watching this when i was working in Saudi Arabia around that time and it brought a lump to my throat. Probably have to watch it again to see if it still does!

Oh God The Champ don't i'm welling up here.

If this *is* for a lady then you wont go wrong with The Fountain.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Saddest films (from an emotional point of view) on 18:34 - Jul 5 with 9851 viewsJakeITFC

"Watership Down"?

Super list.

I'd also add Requiem for a Dream which had me in tears.
Saddest films (from an emotional point of view) on 18:34 - Jul 5 with 9847 viewsIllinoisblue

Hotel Rwanda
Schindler's List

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Saddest films (from an emotional point of view) on 18:35 - Jul 5 with 9845 viewsitfcjoe

The Notebook, bit of a cheesy chick flick but it gets you at the end - no one could not find it sad

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Saddest films (from an emotional point of view) on 18:35 - Jul 5 with 9841 viewsIllinoisblue

"Watership Down"?

Lost in Translation is, I think, one of the most overrated films ever.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Saddest films (from an emotional point of view) on 18:37 - Jul 5 with 9831 viewswitchdoctor

Saddest films (from an emotional point of view) on 18:18 - Jul 5 by ThisIsMyUsername

yep...blub every time I watch the green mile....same as terms of endearment...shirley maclaine and jack nicholson acting their socks off...👍
Saddest films (from an emotional point of view) on 18:38 - Jul 5 with 9822 viewshoppy

Awakenings.

Not sad throughout, but ultimately sad.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Saddest films (from an emotional point of view) on 18:40 - Jul 5 with 9814 viewstcfc

Saddest films (from an emotional point of view) on 18:35 - Jul 5 by Illinoisblue

I didnt understand it.
Saddest films (from an emotional point of view) on 18:43 - Jul 5 with 9799 viewsJakeITFC

Saddest films (from an emotional point of view) on 18:35 - Jul 5 by Illinoisblue

Na, it's an absolute delight.
Saddest films (from an emotional point of view) on 18:45 - Jul 5 with 9775 viewsblue_oyster

On Her Majesty's Secret Service.

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

Saddest films (from an emotional point of view) on 18:49 - Jul 5 with 9758 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Some quality sounding suggestions!

Saddest films (from an emotional point of view) on 18:49 - Jul 5 with 9755 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Saddest films (from an emotional point of view) on 18:31 - Jul 5 by chicoazul

Oh God The Champ don't i'm welling up here.

If this *is* for a lady then you wont go wrong with The Fountain.

I wish it was!

Saddest films (from an emotional point of view) on 18:49 - Jul 5 with 9754 viewsWarkystache

The Elephant Man is quite sad

So is Up, but only the first 15 minutes

but my saddest film ever is Forrest Gump. If you just watch the last 20 minutes (the rest is boring apart from the war bits)

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024