Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Your most embarrassing fashion faux pas? 20:13 - Jul 20 with 11917 viewsDolly2.0

I used to go to clubs/bars wearing those flashing T-shirts you get from places like Cyberdog in Camden. There's like a plastic panel on the front that sticks on with Velcro and has a wire going to the battery pack in your pocket.

I thought they would pull the ladies (yes I bought more than one - £40 a time and this was several years ago).

All that happened was blokes* would come up to me saying "that's cool, I bet it pulls the ladies" and asking where I got it.

*other losers like me.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Your most embarrassing fashion faux pas? on 20:18 - Jul 20 with 7125 viewsgiant_stow

Probably what I wear now days. When 20ish i used to laugh at fellas who still dressed as thry used to in the 60s, but now it's me dressing like I used to in the 90s. the only fella in London still wearing baggy jeans happy Mondays style.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Your most embarrassing fashion faux pas? on 20:23 - Jul 20 with 7102 viewsWD19

To numerous to mention.

- Olive cords.
- A mickey mouse T-shirt that I though was coolly ironic, but just made me look simple.
- An old John Motson sheepskin coat.....ditto.
Your most embarrassing fashion faux pas? on 20:24 - Jul 20 with 7096 viewsgiant_stow

Your most embarrassing fashion faux pas? on 20:23 - Jul 20 by WD19

To numerous to mention.

- Olive cords.
- A mickey mouse T-shirt that I though was coolly ironic, but just made me look simple.
- An old John Motson sheepskin coat.....ditto.

The cords sound nice.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Your most embarrassing fashion faux pas? on 20:24 - Jul 20 with 7098 viewsSteve_M

Not the suit one then?

I had a beige wasitcoat in the mid-90s, they must have been slightly "in" as I have a picture from uni of several of us in waistcoats, although the others were all darker.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Your most embarrassing fashion faux pas? on 20:25 - Jul 20 with 7090 viewsvapour_trail

No regrets. Never be embarrassed by what you went out in.

With all that in mind, I looked a picture dancing in the fields of Surrey and Hants in the late 80s early 90s in my denim dungareees tooled up with speckled doves.

So grateful I didn't grow up in an era when everyone had a camera in their pocket and publishing was universally accessible.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Your most embarrassing fashion faux pas? on 20:28 - Jul 20 with 7074 viewsThisIsMyUsername

I went to the pub on Christmas Eve wearing grey tracksuit bottoms and trainers.

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

Your most embarrassing fashion faux pas? on 20:28 - Jul 20 with 7071 viewsDolly2.0

Your most embarrassing fashion faux pas? on 20:24 - Jul 20 by Steve_M

Not the suit one then?

I had a beige wasitcoat in the mid-90s, they must have been slightly "in" as I have a picture from uni of several of us in waistcoats, although the others were all darker.

If only I'd known where to get one.

Your most embarrassing fashion faux pas? on 20:29 - Jul 20 with 7072 viewsWD19

Your most embarrassing fashion faux pas? on 20:24 - Jul 20 by giant_stow

The cords sound nice.

Like these......only cheaper. Probably C&A.

Which reminds me that I also had a pair of white jeans.....

Login to get fewer ads

Your most embarrassing fashion faux pas? on 20:29 - Jul 20 with 7055 viewsDolly2.0

Your most embarrassing fashion faux pas? on 20:25 - Jul 20 by vapour_trail

No regrets. Never be embarrassed by what you went out in.

With all that in mind, I looked a picture dancing in the fields of Surrey and Hants in the late 80s early 90s in my denim dungareees tooled up with speckled doves.

So grateful I didn't grow up in an era when everyone had a camera in their pocket and publishing was universally accessible.

You sound like one of Dexy's Midnight Runners.

Your most embarrassing fashion faux pas? on 20:30 - Jul 20 with 7045 viewsDolly2.0

Your most embarrassing fashion faux pas? on 20:28 - Jul 20 by ThisIsMyUsername

I went to the pub on Christmas Eve wearing grey tracksuit bottoms and trainers.

Were you ironically going for the chav look?

Your most embarrassing fashion faux pas? on 20:34 - Jul 20 with 7023 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Your most embarrassing fashion faux pas? on 20:30 - Jul 20 by Dolly2.0

Were you ironically going for the chav look?

I was either 17 or 18 and I guess I thought it looked 'cool'. You live and learn.

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

Your most embarrassing fashion faux pas? on 20:44 - Jul 20 with 6989 viewsstantheman

My early 20's was one very long and repetitive fashion disaster which included bright yellow hipster loon pants teamed with an Afghan waistcoat, and get this, with triple stack shoes in black and silver patent. It's a wonder I was never beaten to pulp whenever I went out.
Your most embarrassing fashion faux pas? on 20:53 - Jul 20 with 6960 viewsbackwiththeboysagain

Had a beige suit jacket which I wore once, got asked if I was the missing member of Westlife.

Many many years ago had one of those t shirts which changed colour with heat. All that happened was p!$$ed up blokes kept touching it thinking it was cool
Your most embarrassing fashion faux pas? on 20:56 - Jul 20 with 6954 viewsLord_Lucan

Not clothes but when I was on the exhibition circuit I once had a stand opposite a firm selling this powder make up stuff called Beauty Glow. Anyhoo, this girl on the stand convinced me that it wasn't noticeable but just gave you a refreshing look. Much to my wife's despair I wore it for a few months until my mate looked at me in the pub and said "Why do you wear make up".

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Your most embarrassing fashion faux pas? on 21:08 - Jul 20 with 6899 viewsDubtractor

Most of the 90s I think.

When I stuck to the metal head look I probably nailed it - doc martens, black jeans, black t shirt, long hair.

When I went "smart" for a night out it was (in hindsight) some ungodly combination of clothes from Top Man or Burtons with no thought to what really went together. I pulled more frequently than I probably had any right to, which still wasn't very often.

Of course, my look these days is exceptional.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Your most embarrassing fashion faux pas? on 21:11 - Jul 20 with 6896 viewsuncle

Early nineties, bought a silver shell suit, with luminous yellow bits on it. Terrible thing, even in Liverpool when everyone wore that sort of thing.

And once had a day.night out in Manchester. Realised too late that I had odd shoes on.
Your most embarrassing fashion faux pas? on 21:15 - Jul 20 with 6874 viewsvapour_trail

Your most embarrassing fashion faux pas? on 21:11 - Jul 20 by uncle

Early nineties, bought a silver shell suit, with luminous yellow bits on it. Terrible thing, even in Liverpool when everyone wore that sort of thing.

And once had a day.night out in Manchester. Realised too late that I had odd shoes on.

I had a shell suit once.

Respec!

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Your most embarrassing fashion faux pas? on 21:31 - Jul 20 with 6827 viewsMJallday

Dollys OP reminds me of the Global Hypercolour tshirts.

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Your most embarrassing fashion faux pas? on 21:42 - Jul 20 with 6799 viewshoppy

Your most embarrassing fashion faux pas? on 21:15 - Jul 20 by vapour_trail

I had a shell suit once.

Respec!

I don't think those two lines of type sit comfortably together, completely unrelated as they are.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Your most embarrassing fashion faux pas? on 21:49 - Jul 20 with 6783 viewsBelvedereBrunswick

People always have a go at me about the jeans/Total 90s thing. Even strangers. Apart from that people usually compliment me on my appearance.

I hear bootcuts are considered off limits at the moment .
Your most embarrassing fashion faux pas? on 21:55 - Jul 20 with 6763 viewsblustutu

When I was 11 I had a pair of pin stripe jeans I thought were the nuts. I wore them to a match and was walking behind churchmans with my dad, some lads were walking towards us and one of them shouts to his mates "look at that c unit's trousers".
They all p1ssed themselves laughing and I never wore the jeans again.
Some of you were probably in that group. I hope you're proud of yourselves.
Your most embarrassing fashion faux pas? on 22:02 - Jul 20 with 6738 viewsLord_Lucan

Thinking about it further I have a "Toffee wrapper" Stoney jacket that I think is brilliant. Lady Lucan simply won't go out with me if I'm wearing it, she thinks it looks like a crumpled up bin liner. Aside from ABB even all my mates take the p1ss but it cost a bloody fortune. I've also got a bright orange stoney that cost a bloody bomb and I've only ever worn it once as someone likened me to an Rac man.

My favourite though is my mate, not really a faux pas but he spotted a nice CP coat in the sale in Harrods. He thought it was £150 and snatched it off the rails and strolled to the counter, debit card in hand. Only when he was asked for his pin did he realise it was £1500. Now what would you do? He couldn't stand the shame so he bought it. I think I have seen him wear it once, actually it's horrible, full length black leather, he looked like an SS commandant which is quite apt as the daft sod was BNP once ago.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Your most embarrassing fashion faux pas? on 22:03 - Jul 20 with 6735 viewsMelford

Your most embarrassing fashion faux pas? on 20:18 - Jul 20 by giant_stow

Probably what I wear now days. When 20ish i used to laugh at fellas who still dressed as thry used to in the 60s, but now it's me dressing like I used to in the 90s. the only fella in London still wearing baggy jeans happy Mondays style.

Know what you mean. If was pretentious enough to 'define my look' it would probably be 90s indie kid still. I used to have a pair of orange flares that I wore until they literally fell apart.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Your most embarrassing fashion faux pas? on 22:30 - Jul 20 with 6682 viewsBinner

Your most embarrassing fashion faux pas? on 20:44 - Jul 20 by stantheman

My early 20's was one very long and repetitive fashion disaster which included bright yellow hipster loon pants teamed with an Afghan waistcoat, and get this, with triple stack shoes in black and silver patent. It's a wonder I was never beaten to pulp whenever I went out.

We must be similar vintage, I had yellow loon pants, too - with flowers embroidered on them below the knees and splashpatches. Wore them with cheesecloth shirts; also had a black wet-look shirt and brightly coloured cord jeans with different coloured panel flares.

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

Your most embarrassing fashion faux pas? on 22:35 - Jul 20 with 6665 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

I once asked a football forum whether it was a good idea to wear an Ipswich coat to QPR away

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024