Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
So how many more games must Town win on the trot before absentee fans return? 18:06 - Aug 20 with 10485 viewsBluedandy

Support inside the stadium was magnificent but seeing a half empty stadium after the start we've had is really dispiriting.

It's also slightly embarrassing given our attendance yesterday was eclipsed by two fixtures in League One.

So how many more games must Town win on the trot before absentee fans return? on 18:12 - Aug 20 with 5942 viewsSuperTommySmith

I have mixed feelings about it.

If we were to continue this run throughout September it would great to see the stadium more full. However it was the toxic atmosphere that some fans created which made me semi want to cancel my season ticket, rather than what was happening on the pitch. If some of those who created the toxic atmosphere return and we don't keep the form up it would not be fun if they started it up again.
So how many more games must Town win on the trot before absentee fans return? on 18:17 - Aug 20 with 5918 viewsTractorCam

Couldn't give a monkeys about the numbers, whilst we all want a full house i'd rather have the atmosphere

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

So how many more games must Town win on the trot before absentee fans return? on 18:24 - Aug 20 with 5894 viewsBluedandy

So how many more games must Town win on the trot before absentee fans return? on 18:17 - Aug 20 by TractorCam

Couldn't give a monkeys about the numbers, whilst we all want a full house i'd rather have the atmosphere

You might not but McCarthy and players would much rather prefer play in front of 25K than 15K.
So how many more games must Town win on the trot before absentee fans return? on 18:48 - Aug 20 with 5820 viewsWickets

Town fans have always given terrific support when the effort is there from the players. So far this season we have witnessed a Town side that is maybe a little short on quality but the commitment and will to win has been there for all to see. For me as long as that contniues so will the support. I just hope that our manager can resist "picking over the scab" as a local journalist has just put it. I feel his comments after the match yesterday where needless and frankly childish.
So how many more games must Town win on the trot before absentee fans return? on 18:52 - Aug 20 with 5798 viewsFixed_It

So how many more games must Town win on the trot before absentee fans return? on 18:48 - Aug 20 by Wickets

Town fans have always given terrific support when the effort is there from the players. So far this season we have witnessed a Town side that is maybe a little short on quality but the commitment and will to win has been there for all to see. For me as long as that contniues so will the support. I just hope that our manager can resist "picking over the scab" as a local journalist has just put it. I feel his comments after the match yesterday where needless and frankly childish.

Which comments were those?

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

So how many more games must Town win on the trot before absentee fans return? on 19:01 - Aug 20 with 5765 viewsVaughan8

I'm not sure if this wants a serious answer but I'll do it anyway haha

Unfortunately the club have destroyed relationships with it for a lot more than winning a few games.

However in answer to the question, it will be more than what we will win on the trot.
So how many more games must Town win on the trot before absentee fans return? on 19:02 - Aug 20 with 5758 viewsMullet

So how many more games must Town win on the trot before absentee fans return? on 18:52 - Aug 20 by Fixed_It

That Watson piece is so far off and pandering it's astounding. Almost done to back up the bloke saying something about "inners" and "outers" and how glad he is to proved wrong by Mick, however he just cares more about the club than those who weren't (presumably) agreeing with him previously.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

So how many more games must Town win on the trot before absentee fans return? on 19:05 - Aug 20 with 5748 viewsWickets

So how many more games must Town win on the trot before absentee fans return? on 18:52 - Aug 20 by Fixed_It

He said he treats the fans chants of super Mick that broke out yesterday with the same contempt as last seasons boo's . A needless inflammatory comment that tarnished a great day.
Login to get fewer ads

So how many more games must Town win on the trot before absentee fans return? on 19:06 - Aug 20 with 5730 viewsLankHenners

So how many more games must Town win on the trot before absentee fans return? on 19:02 - Aug 20 by Mullet

That Watson piece is so far off and pandering it's astounding. Almost done to back up the bloke saying something about "inners" and "outers" and how glad he is to proved wrong by Mick, however he just cares more about the club than those who weren't (presumably) agreeing with him previously.

Really odd piece that - he can deny it all he wants but he knows the moaners bring in more interaction/clicks etc. Totally bizarre comment about Mick eating humble pie as if he's suddenly started taking tactical advice off some raving loon on Twitter.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

So how many more games must Town win on the trot before absentee fans return? on 19:12 - Aug 20 with 5699 viewsMullet

So how many more games must Town win on the trot before absentee fans return? on 19:06 - Aug 20 by LankHenners

Really odd piece that - he can deny it all he wants but he knows the moaners bring in more interaction/clicks etc. Totally bizarre comment about Mick eating humble pie as if he's suddenly started taking tactical advice off some raving loon on Twitter.

Unfortunately his job isn't to report on Town for the EADT. It's to use reports on Town to get clicks for the EADT. You can see it in the constant repositioning he has to do.

The really odd anti-Evans line running from the editor for many years makes that even harder to take seriously, even if I do think Evans is the biggest problem by and large.

So how many more games must Town win on the trot before absentee fans return? on 19:15 - Aug 20 with 5685 viewsPJH

So how many more games must Town win on the trot before absentee fans return? on 19:12 - Aug 20 by Mullet

Unfortunately his job isn't to report on Town for the EADT. It's to use reports on Town to get clicks for the EADT. You can see it in the constant repositioning he has to do.

The really odd anti-Evans line running from the editor for many years makes that even harder to take seriously, even if I do think Evans is the biggest problem by and large.

Terry Hunt is retiring shortly it will be interesting to see if the EADT stance regarding ITFC changes with that.
So how many more games must Town win on the trot before absentee fans return? on 19:19 - Aug 20 with 5678 viewsWickets

I dont give a damm about Watson but i do give a damm regards our managers comments when he has just recieved great support from those of us still attending matches.
So how many more games must Town win on the trot before absentee fans return? on 19:24 - Aug 20 with 5634 views3_5_2

So how many more games must Town win on the trot before absentee fans return? on 18:24 - Aug 20 by Bluedandy

You might not but McCarthy and players would much rather prefer play in front of 25K than 15K.

Not if the additional were booing

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

So how many more games must Town win on the trot before absentee fans return? on 19:26 - Aug 20 with 5628 viewsJ2BLUE

Embarrassing is probably the most misused word on this site. Get a grip.

We've had two home games in August when people are away or have kids to entertain for seven weeks. Football tickets for a family could provide several days of entertainment for the same price.

You've jumped the gun on this one.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

So how many more games must Town win on the trot before absentee fans return? on 19:27 - Aug 20 with 5628 viewsLankHenners

So how many more games must Town win on the trot before absentee fans return? on 19:19 - Aug 20 by Wickets

I dont give a damm about Watson but i do give a damm regards our managers comments when he has just recieved great support from those of us still attending matches.

And as usual, he said nothing wrong or worth getting upset about, and yet some people still managed it.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

So how many more games must Town win on the trot before absentee fans return? on 19:27 - Aug 20 with 5630 viewsMullet

So how many more games must Town win on the trot before absentee fans return? on 19:19 - Aug 20 by Wickets

The comments about plaudits being for the players, for the club, for thing beyond his time here don't matter because he refused to take credit now?

So how many more games must Town win on the trot before absentee fans return? on 19:36 - Aug 20 with 5569 viewsBlueBadger

So how many more games must Town win on the trot before absentee fans return? on 19:26 - Aug 20 by J2BLUE

Embarrassing is probably the most misused word on this site. Get a grip.

We've had two home games in August when people are away or have kids to entertain for seven weeks. Football tickets for a family could provide several days of entertainment for the same price.

You've jumped the gun on this one.

I really worry for some of our fans in genuinely challenging social situations if they they think a number of supporters at a football ground, which they are almost completely unable to do anything to change, is 'embarrassing'.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2017 19:41]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

So how many more games must Town win on the trot before absentee fans return? on 19:38 - Aug 20 with 5557 viewsBlueBadger

So how many more games must Town win on the trot before absentee fans return? on 19:05 - Aug 20 by Wickets

He said he treats the fans chants of super Mick that broke out yesterday with the same contempt as last seasons boo's . A needless inflammatory comment that tarnished a great day.

Or you know, he's treating both imposters just the same..

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

So how many more games must Town win on the trot before absentee fans return? on 19:39 - Aug 20 with 5553 viewsJ2BLUE

So how many more games must Town win on the trot before absentee fans return? on 19:36 - Aug 20 by BlueBadger

I really worry for some of our fans in genuinely challenging social situations if they they think a number of supporters at a football ground, which they are almost completely unable to do anything to change, is 'embarrassing'.
[Post edited 20 Aug 2017 19:41]

I will never understand people getting upset about how other people spend their time and money.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

So how many more games must Town win on the trot before absentee fans return? on 19:54 - Aug 20 with 5506 viewsMattinLondon

There's been at least ten seasons of Town playing average to dull long ball football. I'm guessing that there needs to be more than just a few performances for a lot of fans to come back to the ground.

Think after Saturdays match some more doubters will return and then more and more if the performances continue to be good.

I'm not being negative but football needs is expensive and people want to be entertained. People will come back but it will take time given season after season of mediocre football
So how many more games must Town win on the trot before absentee fans return? on 20:01 - Aug 20 with 5477 viewsbrogansnose

So how many more games must Town win on the trot before absentee fans return? on 19:24 - Aug 20 by 3_5_2

Not if the additional were booing

A significant number of those singing pro mick songs yesterday were the same ones who were giving him grief last season and did re-new their ST's. Quite ironic but pleased that there was acknowledgement of the what hopefully is a turnaround of last season.

We all need to get over last season's shenanigans and come together rather than this divisive cobblers from both sides of the line.
So how many more games must Town win on the trot before absentee fans return? on 20:01 - Aug 20 with 5475 viewsJohnny_Boy

So how many more games must Town win on the trot before absentee fans return? on 19:39 - Aug 20 by J2BLUE

I will never understand people getting upset about how other people spend their time and money.

Quite frankly I think it's embarrassing you don't understand people getting upset about how other people spend their time and money.
So how many more games must Town win on the trot before absentee fans return? on 20:01 - Aug 20 with 5472 viewsstrikalite

When the big boys like Villa and Leeds to name just two come down you can add two more thousand to the gate and another two thousand pay on the gaters for starters...
So how many more games must Town win on the trot before absentee fans return? on 20:13 - Aug 20 with 5418 viewsNazemariner

Sod 'em!

The atmosphere yesterday rivaled anything i have experienced in recent years.
So how many more games must Town win on the trot before absentee fans return? on 20:22 - Aug 20 with 5377 viewsmadmouse1959

So how many more games must Town win on the trot before absentee fans return? on 20:01 - Aug 20 by strikalite

When the big boys like Villa and Leeds to name just two come down you can add two more thousand to the gate and another two thousand pay on the gaters for starters...

It was a poor attendance v Brentford. It could take a whole season just to convince the missing supporters to come back. Between Sept 9th and October 31st we have 10 tough games so perhaps MM should seriously concentrate on signing at least one or two more players. Any more injuries and we will be in big trouble.

shampoo dave

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024