Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rotherham already looking at permanent deal for... 09:51 - Aug 23 with 5700 viewsKieran_Knows

... Kieffer Moore.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/rotherham-united/rotherham-united-two-in

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Rotherham already looking at permanent deal for... on 09:53 - Aug 23 with 5187 viewsReuser_is_God

Good.

The clear out of the sh1t continues.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Rotherham already looking at permanent deal for... on 10:04 - Aug 23 with 5077 viewsKieran_Knows

Rotherham already looking at permanent deal for... on 09:53 - Aug 23 by Reuser_is_God

Good.

Presume Town will wait till January and sell to the highest bidder then (as the article says). Agreed though, don't think he'll ever become a first team regular here.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2017 10:06]

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Rotherham already looking at permanent deal for... on 10:22 - Aug 23 with 4979 viewsDarth_Koont

I suggest we wait and see what happens with him - he's still very young in terms of his development.

There's no need for him currently but if he develops during his loan then he'd be a very useful squad player.

Pronouns: He/Him

Rotherham already looking at permanent deal for... on 10:29 - Aug 23 with 4932 viewsxrayspecs

Rotherham already looking at permanent deal for... on 10:22 - Aug 23 by Darth_Koont

I suggest we wait and see what happens with him - he's still very young in terms of his development.

There's no need for him currently but if he develops during his loan then he'd be a very useful squad player.

Agree entirely.

Good to see that Rotherham rate him enough to want to keep him permanently. That is a good sign for Keiffer and our club - that our loanees are rated highly.

If KM was not a Town player and we heard about a big old fashioned centre forward, good on the ball, athletic, looks after himself, improving and scoring goals, playing one division below our, then we would be looking to bring him here, wouldn't we?.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2017 10:30]
Rotherham already looking at permanent deal for... on 11:01 - Aug 23 with 4855 viewsDarth_Koont

Rotherham already looking at permanent deal for... on 10:29 - Aug 23 by xrayspecs

Agree entirely.

Good to see that Rotherham rate him enough to want to keep him permanently. That is a good sign for Keiffer and our club - that our loanees are rated highly.

If KM was not a Town player and we heard about a big old fashioned centre forward, good on the ball, athletic, looks after himself, improving and scoring goals, playing one division below our, then we would be looking to bring him here, wouldn't we?.

Indeed. Also very difficult to judge players on the basis of a handful of appearances for us and in a team that wasn't firing at all.

Almost all the players at or around our level need to be in the right team to look the right player.

Rotherham already looking at permanent deal for... on 11:28 - Aug 23 with 4779 viewsRadlett_blue

Rotherham already looking at permanent deal for... on 10:22 - Aug 23 by Darth_Koont

He's 25 so while young in terms of development, he's someone who needs to be playing regularly. Could be League 1 is his level but let's judge in January.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Rotherham already looking at permanent deal for... on 11:50 - Aug 23 with 4732 viewsxrayspecs

Rotherham already looking at permanent deal for... on 11:28 - Aug 23 by Radlett_blue

He's 25 so while young in terms of development, he's someone who needs to be playing regularly. Could be League 1 is his level but let's judge in January.

Was playing two divisions lower last season, so League 1 is a step up. If he shows he can score regularly at that level then someone in the Champ will give him a go, if not us.
Rotherham already looking at permanent deal for... on 12:44 - Aug 23 with 4653 viewsJakeITFC

Rotherham already looking at permanent deal for... on 10:29 - Aug 23 by xrayspecs

Agree entirely.

The problem is, much of your last paragraph just isn't true.
Login to get fewer ads

Rotherham already looking at permanent deal for... on 12:52 - Aug 23 with 4635 viewsDarth_Koont

Rotherham already looking at permanent deal for... on 12:44 - Aug 23 by JakeITFC

Which parts?

It's all true on paper and currently for Rotherham. Admittedly, he didn't express much of that (if anything at all) when he was parachuted into our dysfunctional team.

Rotherham already looking at permanent deal for... on 13:05 - Aug 23 with 4591 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Rotherham already looking at permanent deal for... on 09:53 - Aug 23 by Reuser_is_God

Good.

I heard he was good there in pre season and the few games he's played so far

I even saw one Rotherham fan has said he's their best ever loanee..

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Rotherham already looking at permanent deal for... on 13:15 - Aug 23 with 4571 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

Good.

That's unneccesarily harsh...

The guy hardly had a kick for us and when he did he looked OK.

I'd be disappointed to see him go, I think he has something we could do with.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2017 16:50]
Rotherham already looking at permanent deal for... on 13:16 - Aug 23 with 4565 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

Rotherham already looking at permanent deal for... on 12:44 - Aug 23 by JakeITFC

It's all true.
Rotherham already looking at permanent deal for... on 15:02 - Aug 23 with 4473 viewsAdmiralFunge

Rotherham already looking at permanent deal for... on 13:16 - Aug 23 by King_ding_a_lin_g

It's all true.

No it's not.

Moore shouldn't be anywhere near our first team. His signing was unusual at the time, and his repeated substitute appearances last season were ridiculous. He couldn't jump, nor shoot, had no pace to speak of, and his first touch was poor.

The fact that he is now, apparently, performing reasonably OK for Rotherham in no way justifies his previous appearances in the first team.

I concede, however, that if we can get any kind of transfer fee for him, the club will have done well.

Poll: Danny Karbassiyoon, or Kim Karbasheran?

Rotherham already looking at permanent deal for... on 15:25 - Aug 23 with 4445 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

Rotherham already looking at permanent deal for... on 15:02 - Aug 23 by AdmiralFunge

No it's not.

Moore shouldn't be anywhere near our first team. His signing was unusual at the time, and his repeated substitute appearances last season were ridiculous. He couldn't jump, nor shoot, had no pace to speak of, and his first touch was poor.

The fact that he is now, apparently, performing reasonably OK for Rotherham in no way justifies his previous appearances in the first team.

I concede, however, that if we can get any kind of transfer fee for him, the club will have done well.

Don't know which games you were watching.

He's not Daryl Murphy and he never will be.
Rotherham already looking at permanent deal for... on 15:45 - Aug 23 with 4418 viewsAdmiralFunge

Rotherham already looking at permanent deal for... on 15:25 - Aug 23 by King_ding_a_lin_g

Don't know which games you were watching.

He's not Daryl Murphy and he never will be.

'He's not Daryl Murphy and he never will be.'

Which, bearing in mind that he's been coming on to play the Daryl Murphy role, in a team that Daryl Murphy used to play for, begs the question 'What the fck is he doing in the team?'.

He plays exactly like you'd expect the third choice strikerfrom Forest Green Rovers, costing £10k, to play.

If he can make it work at Rotherham, then fine. He's nowhere near good enough for ITFC.

Poll: Danny Karbassiyoon, or Kim Karbasheran?

Rotherham already looking at permanent deal for... on 16:12 - Aug 23 with 4386 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Rotherham already looking at permanent deal for... on 15:45 - Aug 23 by AdmiralFunge

Which, bearing in mind that he's been coming on to play the Daryl Murphy role, in a team that Daryl Murphy used to play for, begs the question 'What the fck is he doing in the team?'.

He plays exactly like you'd expect the third choice strikerfrom Forest Green Rovers, costing £10k, to play.

If he can make it work at Rotherham, then fine. He's nowhere near good enough for ITFC.

The first part made me chuckle

Have an uppie

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Rotherham already looking at permanent deal for... on 16:25 - Aug 23 with 4357 viewsstrikalite

Rotherham already looking at permanent deal for... on 13:05 - Aug 23 by The_Romford_Blue

I heard he was good there in pre season and the few games he's played so far

I even saw one Rotherham fan has said he's their best ever loanee..

Watched him at Peterborough last Saturday, nicely taken header for his goal but thought he looked pretty average apart from that, Marriott on the other hand looked very impressive, hit bar, the post, scored two well taken goals, I know it's League One and it don't count on here but we may well regret letting him go...
Rotherham already looking at permanent deal for... on 16:40 - Aug 23 with 4325 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

Rotherham already looking at permanent deal for... on 15:45 - Aug 23 by AdmiralFunge

He wasn't brought in to play the Murphy role at all... you don't get put on for ten minutes at a time to play as a target man.

Everybody that we buy who is tall is a 'Murphy replacement'. Makes me chuckle.
Rotherham already looking at permanent deal for... on 16:43 - Aug 23 with 4315 viewsBluefish

I saw Kieffer in most of his appearances for us last year and he was pretty woeful but I am following his progress with interest. There are plenty of comparisons for him.

Vardy was different becaise he was hot property and a milloon quid etc but that wasnt always the case. At one point he was almost sold for 20k and he also almost left Leicester to go back to Fleetwood because he thought he was out of his depth before he settled.

Kane - obviously not a non league player but the guy was a joke early on. Yes he was young but he failed time and again in his loans

Rhodes - he scored hat tricks etc. On loan to league 1 and a moron decided he wouldn't be good enough for us. A very costly mistake.

Kieffer cost 20k so we have very little to lose by taking a pint with him. He has something very different and is a beast of a man, he was truly awful but the bloke could be worth a fortune one day. On holiday I read the autobiographies of vardy and Ian Wright, quite a few clubs kicked themselves over those 2

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Rotherham already looking at permanent deal for... on 16:52 - Aug 23 with 4291 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

Rotherham already looking at permanent deal for... on 16:43 - Aug 23 by Bluefish

I saw Kieffer in most of his appearances for us last year and he was pretty woeful but I am following his progress with interest. There are plenty of comparisons for him.

Vardy was different becaise he was hot property and a milloon quid etc but that wasnt always the case. At one point he was almost sold for 20k and he also almost left Leicester to go back to Fleetwood because he thought he was out of his depth before he settled.

Kane - obviously not a non league player but the guy was a joke early on. Yes he was young but he failed time and again in his loans

Rhodes - he scored hat tricks etc. On loan to league 1 and a moron decided he wouldn't be good enough for us. A very costly mistake.

Kieffer cost 20k so we have very little to lose by taking a pint with him. He has something very different and is a beast of a man, he was truly awful but the bloke could be worth a fortune one day. On holiday I read the autobiographies of vardy and Ian Wright, quite a few clubs kicked themselves over those 2

He cost £10k and I'd be happy to have a pint with him!
Rotherham already looking at permanent deal for... on 17:12 - Aug 23 with 4246 viewsPhilTWTD

I think that's a very harsh assessment of his sub appearances, to be honest. I thought he had some decent games, some less impressive, pretty much all when coming on in the last 20 minutes or so for a team which was struggling. Probably his best was the game at Rotherham, which was to some extent what persuaded Paul Warne to sign him.

He was signed as a player to develop having impressed in the National League - he'd recently won an England C cap and was scoring regularly - rather than as someone to come straight into the team. If he nets regularly in the first half of the season at Rotherham then he may well get a chance back here as he's different to the rest of the strikers. Otherwise, we'll get more than the £20k paid for him back, I would have thought.
Rotherham already looking at permanent deal for... on 17:45 - Aug 23 with 4186 viewsTractorWood

Rotherham already looking at permanent deal for... on 17:12 - Aug 23 by PhilTWTD

I think that's a very harsh assessment of his sub appearances, to be honest. I thought he had some decent games, some less impressive, pretty much all when coming on in the last 20 minutes or so for a team which was struggling. Probably his best was the game at Rotherham, which was to some extent what persuaded Paul Warne to sign him.

He was signed as a player to develop having impressed in the National League - he'd recently won an England C cap and was scoring regularly - rather than as someone to come straight into the team. If he nets regularly in the first half of the season at Rotherham then he may well get a chance back here as he's different to the rest of the strikers. Otherwise, we'll get more than the £20k paid for him back, I would have thought.

I agree. However, having watched a fluid and dynamic crop of youngsters battle against a quality Palace side I don't think he's the future. We could keep him and throw him on in the last 20 minutes to cause chaos in the opponents box but I don't think he's good enough to offer much else, truth be told.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Rotherham already looking at permanent deal for... on 18:28 - Aug 23 with 4152 viewschicoazul

Rotherham already looking at permanent deal for... on 13:15 - Aug 23 by King_ding_a_lin_g

That's unneccesarily harsh...

The guy hardly had a kick for us and when he did he looked OK.

I'd be disappointed to see him go, I think he has something we could do with.
[Post edited 23 Aug 2017 16:50]

Did you see him play at Norwich?

I am sure he is a nice guy and good luck to him but we have 3 very good forwards now plus Sears. I don't think he is good enough for a team who want to make the play offs.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Rotherham already looking at permanent deal for... on 18:32 - Aug 23 with 4138 viewsTractorCam

Rotherham already looking at permanent deal for... on 15:02 - Aug 23 by AdmiralFunge

No it's not.

Where exactly have you read about last season in that?

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Rotherham already looking at permanent deal for... on 18:36 - Aug 23 with 4136 viewsWestcountryblue

Rotherham already looking at permanent deal for... on 17:45 - Aug 23 by TractorWood

I agree. However, having watched a fluid and dynamic crop of youngsters battle against a quality Palace side I don't think he's the future. We could keep him and throw him on in the last 20 minutes to cause chaos in the opponents box but I don't think he's good enough to offer much else, truth be told.

I think you're being very narrow minded.

He's 25, he has some outstanding physical attributes and he is now training and working with coaches at a higher level.

For some players it takes longer to develop and realize their potential. McGoldrick is a perfect example, unwanted at Forest, on loan at Coventry in League One, brought in on a free...2 seasons later we turn down 8 million for him. Same with Murphy at Celtic.

I'd like to see him continue scoring and for us to extend his deal. If he fails to continue his form, then sell him for more than what we paid.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024