Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Would any of you describe yourself as posh?* 14:13 - Aug 24 with 15597 viewsDolly2.0

And what things would you consider define being posh?

*I don't mean Peterborough supporters.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Would any of you describe yourself as posh?* on 17:56 - Aug 24 with 1809 viewssolemio

Would any of you describe yourself as posh?* on 15:33 - Aug 24 by tcblue

I've never thought about it, but Jeeves knows if he's tardy bringing it to me I'm going to throw his shoes off the balcony again

Clearly not the real Jeeves, as he would be far cleverer than you and in some ingenious but subtle way he would put you firmly in your place.

My Gentleman's Personal Gentleman confirms that I am posh.
Would any of you describe yourself as posh?* on 18:02 - Aug 24 with 1802 viewsvapour_trail

Would any of you describe yourself as posh?* on 17:50 - Aug 24 by DanTheMan

Me too apparently.

It's probably fair, although I prefer the one if BBC did a while back.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-22000973

Technical middle class

This is a small, distinctive and prosperous new class group. According to the Great British Class Survey results, lots of people in this group:

Mix socially with people similar to themselves
Work in research, science and technical fields
Enjoy emerging culture such as going to the gym and using social media

Which is almost bang on the money.

I got middle in the telegraph one.

Got elite in this mofo. I'm posh dollers, what do you need to know?

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Would any of you describe yourself as posh?* on 18:05 - Aug 24 with 1794 viewsclive_baker

Would any of you describe yourself as posh?* on 18:02 - Aug 24 by vapour_trail

I got middle in the telegraph one.

Got elite in this mofo. I'm posh dollers, what do you need to know?

I got elite too, not sure about that. Think it's based more on income than what I choose to spend it on.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Would any of you describe yourself as posh?* on 18:09 - Aug 24 with 1790 viewsJ2BLUE

Me too apparently.

Technical middle class

This is a small, distinctive and prosperous new class group. According to the Great British Class Survey results, lots of people in this group:

New affluent workers

This class group is sociable, has lots of cultural interests and is in the middle of all the class groups in terms of wealth. According to the Great British Class Survey results, lots of people in this group:

Are young
Come from a working class background
Own their own home

Genuinely unhappy at any suggestion of being working class. I am well posh innit.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Would any of you describe yourself as posh?* on 18:24 - Aug 24 with 1766 viewsBlueBadger

Would any of you describe yourself as posh?* on 15:51 - Aug 24 by HarryWright

Wow you sound like a lot of fun...

Look on the bright side, it sounds like you're never ever going to encounter him socially...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Would any of you describe yourself as posh?* on 18:36 - Aug 24 with 1747 viewsRyorry

Would any of you describe yourself as posh?* on 17:35 - Aug 24 by J2BLUE

"Locally sourced", "bicycle lane", "it's pronounced keen-wah": sound familiar? That's cause you're a fully fledged member of the middle classes.

Spot on.

Is "keen-wah" just another way of saying "Keane - warrrrrghhh"?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Would any of you describe yourself as posh?* on 18:44 - Aug 24 with 1736 viewsjeera

Me too apparently.

Technical middle class

These are daft.

Someone can be a pauper and be posh whilst another can be rich as feck and have no class whatsoever.

Not that posh is always an indicator of class either tbf.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Would any of you describe yourself as posh?* on 18:50 - Aug 24 with 1729 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Would any of you describe yourself as posh?* on 17:54 - Aug 24 by Reuser_is_God

Do you consider yourself posh, Romford?

No

Absolutely not

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Login to get fewer ads

Would any of you describe yourself as posh?* on 18:55 - Aug 24 with 1712 viewsjeera

Would any of you describe yourself as posh?* on 18:50 - Aug 24 by The_Romford_Blue

No

Absolutely not

And really no need.

Small minded concept imagined by small minded people who don't know how to enjoy the world so instead turn inwards to seek solace in putting down others.

Mix with as many different kinds of people that you can, and enjoy the broadest experiences possible.

Would any of you describe yourself as posh?* on 18:56 - Aug 24 with 1707 viewsvapour_trail

Would any of you describe yourself as posh?* on 18:55 - Aug 24 by jeera

And really no need.

Small minded concept imagined by small minded people who don't know how to enjoy the world so instead turn inwards to seek solace in putting down others.

Mix with as many different kinds of people that you can, and enjoy the broadest experiences possible.

You would say that. You sir, are a commoner!

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Would any of you describe yourself as posh?* on 18:58 - Aug 24 with 1701 viewsuncle

Would any of you describe yourself as posh?* on 16:32 - Aug 24 by Archer4721

When do you eat lunch then?

I don't.

Actually, only at work. I think we have lunch breaks.
Would any of you describe yourself as posh?* on 19:04 - Aug 24 with 1695 viewsjeera

Would any of you describe yourself as posh?* on 18:56 - Aug 24 by vapour_trail

You would say that. You sir, are a commoner!

I once dated a colonel's daughter I'll have you know.

I remember moving to 'nice' area years ago. It was one of those villages inhabited by people who looked down on new comers too. I was taxi driving at the time.

I had a bbq one afternoon and I looked about at my close circle of pals and realised that I had an accountant, a Barclays bank manager, and a Culford school lecturer there, also a carpenter, a postie and a cement truck driver.

I was happy to have such a range of friends and it's bizarre to think some people would think in any other way.

Would any of you describe yourself as posh?* on 19:20 - Aug 24 with 1657 viewsRyorry

Would any of you describe yourself as posh?* on 19:04 - Aug 24 by jeera

I remember moving to 'nice' area years ago. It was one of those villages inhabited by people who looked down on new comers too. I was taxi driving at the time.

I had a bbq one afternoon and I looked about at my close circle of pals and realised that I had an accountant, a Barclays bank manager, and a Culford school lecturer there, also a carpenter, a postie and a cement truck driver.

I was happy to have such a range of friends and it's bizarre to think some people would think in any other way.

Crazy isn't it - sometimes I wonder if snooty people actually stop to think about where we'd be without binmen, garage mechanics, farmhands, hospital porters etc.

Some from those groups have become good friends locally over the years, and I know they'd always be first to arrive with help if I needed it.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Would any of you describe yourself as posh?* on 19:28 - Aug 24 with 1646 viewsstickymockwell

I wipe once more than I have to

Give him a ball and a yard of grass
Poll: How many times have you looked at the table since full time yesterday?

Would any of you describe yourself as posh?* on 19:32 - Aug 24 with 1640 viewsjeera

Would any of you describe yourself as posh?* on 19:20 - Aug 24 by Ryorry

Crazy isn't it - sometimes I wonder if snooty people actually stop to think about where we'd be without binmen, garage mechanics, farmhands, hospital porters etc.

Some from those groups have become good friends locally over the years, and I know they'd always be first to arrive with help if I needed it.

One of my chippy mates was earning 700 odd a week 20 years ago. The bloke's a highly skilled fecking genius.

We live, we die.

I've better things to worry about than where I fit on a social scale made by up by other lumps of walking organic material who are also due to become worm food any time soon.

Would any of you describe yourself as posh?* on 19:33 - Aug 24 with 1635 viewsDanTheMan

Would any of you describe yourself as posh?* on 19:28 - Aug 24 by stickymockwell

I wipe once more than I have to

Basically royalty.

Poll: FM Parallel Game Week 1 (Fulham) - Available Team

Would any of you describe yourself as posh?* on 19:35 - Aug 24 with 1633 viewsjaykay

yep i'm posh as i have my tea in a cup and saucer not a mug. mind you the mrs get upset when i tip the tea into the saucer and slurp it down

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Would any of you describe yourself as posh?* on 19:42 - Aug 24 with 1622 viewsitfcjoe

Yes

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Would any of you describe yourself as posh?* on 19:46 - Aug 24 with 1616 viewsjeera

Would any of you describe yourself as posh?* on 19:42 - Aug 24 by itfcjoe

Yes

So not "Safe bruv"?

Actually, I want to retract part of my previous statements and reassign those who speak like that as some definitive underclass.

I trust this fits with the board's consensus.

Would any of you describe yourself as posh?* on 19:48 - Aug 24 with 1610 viewsAdmiralFunge

Would any of you describe yourself as posh?* on 19:46 - Aug 24 by jeera

So not "Safe bruv"?

Actually, I want to retract part of my previous statements and reassign those who speak like that as some definitive underclass.

I trust this fits with the board's consensus.

Mans is chatting like a wasteman, cuz.

Poll: Danny Karbassiyoon, or Kim Karbasheran?

Would any of you describe yourself as posh?* on 19:49 - Aug 24 with 1608 viewsClapham_Junction

Would any of you describe yourself as posh?* on 19:04 - Aug 24 by jeera

I think part of the problem of modern politics (especially the Cameron/Osborne set) is that many of them went to private school and hardly know anyone who isn't from their own social background; they simply can't comprehend what life is like for others.
Would any of you describe yourself as posh?* on 19:51 - Aug 24 with 1600 viewsjeera

Would any of you describe yourself as posh?* on 19:49 - Aug 24 by Clapham_Junction

I think part of the problem of modern politics (especially the Cameron/Osborne set) is that many of them went to private school and hardly know anyone who isn't from their own social background; they simply can't comprehend what life is like for others.

There's no arguing with that.

Would any of you describe yourself as posh?* on 19:57 - Aug 24 with 1585 viewsjeera

Would any of you describe yourself as posh?* on 19:48 - Aug 24 by AdmiralFunge

Mans is chatting like a wasteman, cuz.

I had my suspicions about you Fungers.

Would any of you describe yourself as posh?* on 19:58 - Aug 24 with 1585 viewsclive_baker

Would any of you describe yourself as posh?* on 19:49 - Aug 24 by Clapham_Junction

I think it's because they're cretins, not because they went to a private school. I was privately educated and went to an 'elite' university and from my experience, private school people don't have any less of a breadth of awareness than state educated. I think it's the fact these people are hand picked from the Eton / Cambridge and daddy knows somebody, rather than the fact it was private per se, as 95% of privately educated people aren't mixing in those circles, in the same way 95% of state school people aren't Jeremy Kyle fodder.

I've got mates from school that are complete drop outs, and mates from state schools that are in highly educated jobs. There's still a stigma around state and private and it's in both directions.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Would any of you describe yourself as posh?* on 20:13 - Aug 24 with 1569 viewsAxeldalai_lama

Would any of you describe yourself as posh?* on 19:20 - Aug 24 by Ryorry

It definitely works both ways, I'd say that more people are reverse snobs than snobs.
Anyone with a "posh" accent or who is rich or went to private school is looked upon negatively by a large chunk of people.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024