Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bloooooody ****ing Amazon **** 17:22 - Aug 24 with 13514 viewsRyorry

Couldn't make it up.

**Bangs head repeatedly on laptop till blood flows cartoon**

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Bloooooody ****ing Amazon **** on 17:25 - Aug 24 with 6015 viewsBinner

Do any other major rivers have this effect on you?

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

Bloooooody ****ing Amazon **** on 17:26 - Aug 24 with 6002 viewsGlasgowBlue

I can honestly say I have never had a bad experience with Amazon and we use the service quite a lot.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Bloooooody ****ing Amazon **** on 17:31 - Aug 24 with 5977 viewsJ2BLUE

What have they done?

Love Amazon.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Bloooooody ****ing Amazon **** on 17:47 - Aug 24 with 5918 viewsBackToRussia

Good thread, its really keeping me guessing

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Bloooooody ****ing Amazon **** on 17:52 - Aug 24 with 5899 viewsm14_blue

I think you must just be really unlucky.

Their service is usually amazing.

Not great news for smaller retailers perhaps, but that's another argument.
Bloooooody ****ing Amazon **** on 17:57 - Aug 24 with 5884 viewsMVBlue

Hard to work with when something goes wrong with a supplier. Painful.

Poll: Whats the best league to watch outside of England?

Bloooooody ****ing Amazon **** on 18:04 - Aug 24 with 5860 viewsWeWereZombies

Bloooooody ****ing Amazon **** on 17:52 - Aug 24 by m14_blue

I think you must just be really unlucky.

Their service is usually amazing.

Not great news for smaller retailers perhaps, but that's another argument.

Also not great news for our economy as they do not pay their way taxwise, and by all accounts they are a terrible employer.

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Bloooooody ****ing Amazon **** on 18:28 - Aug 24 with 5803 viewsRyorry

Bloooooody ****ing Amazon **** on 17:26 - Aug 24 by GlasgowBlue

I can honestly say I have never had a bad experience with Amazon and we use the service quite a lot.

Ordered something to be delivered to on specific date & that was arranged; then a day later (today) they sent me an email saying they've decided on own bat to deliver on a different date when I'll be out.

Took 20 mins to find phone no. to contact them on. On hold for 10 mins, started discussing issue with guy who went to find my address but then cut me off after I'd held for a minute or so. Their pop-up window for emailing them option doesn't work - tried it several times with ad-blocker disabled.

Rang back, different person answered. Doesn't understand UK postcodes apparently (kept wanting to know the next digit after I'd given them all correctly, several times, as "can't find your postcode or address" despite the fact they've been delivering to this one for the past 3 years, incl dozens of deliveries made previously).

Asked to speak to supervisor. She's at least found my address & postcode, but went round the houses a dozen times without getting to the nitty gritty. Kept referring to an email (which I'd never got) confirming order, and wouldn't listen when I quoted her the actual confirming email which I *did* get, saying order would be delivered between 2 dates next week which would have been fine.

I asked for the order to be cancelled so I could then re-order it for a date when I'd be in (a bit inconvenient as 3 other items are actually being delivered this Saturday, but never mind) - she said she'd do - but next thing you know, she'd passed me on to somebody who knew nothing about any of it!!

Add to that they always start out addressing me by my formal first name, which no one has used for the past 50 years except my late Mum (I'm known by my middle name) instead of my surname, which I dislike - am 60+ & not their friend, they are strangers etc Then of course their deliveries can come at any time 8am-8pm inc Sundays, hardly convenient, esp when compared with DPD & Sainsbury's 1-hr time slots.

Anyway, last guy I spoke with said he'd ring Yodell & get them to change the date so that I didn't have to cancel and re-order - which is what first person shoulda done. He also listened patiently to the other gripes & said he'd pass them on to management, so well done Dhawall. I still v. much doubt whether I'll ever shop there again tho - over 2 hours of my time + stress.

Login to get fewer ads

Bloooooody ****ing Amazon **** on 18:39 - Aug 24 with 5763 viewsFtnfwest

And there was I thinking you were a 'lady'!
Up in North Yorkshire on hols at the moment although traveling back Saturday, can't remember whereabouts you are is it South Yorkshire?
Bloooooody ****ing Amazon **** on 18:40 - Aug 24 with 5763 viewsjeera

Bloooooody ****ing Amazon **** on 18:28 - Aug 24 by Ryorry

Ordered something to be delivered to on specific date & that was arranged; then a day later (today) they sent me an email saying they've decided on own bat to deliver on a different date when I'll be out.

Took 20 mins to find phone no. to contact them on. On hold for 10 mins, started discussing issue with guy who went to find my address but then cut me off after I'd held for a minute or so. Their pop-up window for emailing them option doesn't work - tried it several times with ad-blocker disabled.

Rang back, different person answered. Doesn't understand UK postcodes apparently (kept wanting to know the next digit after I'd given them all correctly, several times, as "can't find your postcode or address" despite the fact they've been delivering to this one for the past 3 years, incl dozens of deliveries made previously).

Asked to speak to supervisor. She's at least found my address & postcode, but went round the houses a dozen times without getting to the nitty gritty. Kept referring to an email (which I'd never got) confirming order, and wouldn't listen when I quoted her the actual confirming email which I *did* get, saying order would be delivered between 2 dates next week which would have been fine.

I asked for the order to be cancelled so I could then re-order it for a date when I'd be in (a bit inconvenient as 3 other items are actually being delivered this Saturday, but never mind) - she said she'd do - but next thing you know, she'd passed me on to somebody who knew nothing about any of it!!

Add to that they always start out addressing me by my formal first name, which no one has used for the past 50 years except my late Mum (I'm known by my middle name) instead of my surname, which I dislike - am 60+ & not their friend, they are strangers etc Then of course their deliveries can come at any time 8am-8pm inc Sundays, hardly convenient, esp when compared with DPD & Sainsbury's 1-hr time slots.

Anyway, last guy I spoke with said he'd ring Yodell & get them to change the date so that I didn't have to cancel and re-order - which is what first person shoulda done. He also listened patiently to the other gripes & said he'd pass them on to management, so well done Dhawall. I still v. much doubt whether I'll ever shop there again tho - over 2 hours of my time + stress.

Sorry to hear you dislike your surname.

Mine wasn't my first choice either.

Have you looked at their 'click and collect' service? I haven't tried it yet I admit but might be useful if there's a location nearby?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Click-and-Collect-with-Local-Collect/b?ie=UTF8&node=654

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

Bloooooody ****ing Amazon **** on 18:42 - Aug 24 with 5745 viewsRyorry

Bloooooody ****ing Amazon **** on 18:39 - Aug 24 by Ftnfwest

And there was I thinking you were a 'lady'!
Up in North Yorkshire on hols at the moment although traveling back Saturday, can't remember whereabouts you are is it South Yorkshire?

Could you hear me swearing? If so, you're only a couple of miles away :))

Bloooooody ****ing Amazon **** on 18:46 - Aug 24 with 5721 viewsFtnfwest

Bloooooody ****ing Amazon **** on 18:42 - Aug 24 by Ryorry

Could you hear me swearing? If so, you're only a couple of miles away :))

Haha, in Harrogate till Saturday. Thought I heard a sonic boom!
Bloooooody ****ing Amazon **** on 18:48 - Aug 24 with 5707 viewsRyorry

Bloooooody ****ing Amazon **** on 18:40 - Aug 24 by jeera

Sorry to hear you dislike your surname.

Mine wasn't my first choice either.

Have you looked at their 'click and collect' service? I haven't tried it yet I admit but might be useful if there's a location nearby?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Click-and-Collect-with-Local-Collect/b?ie=UTF8&node=654

It's my first name I dislike! (doesn't help it gone turned into nickname at school, which I disliked even more - both name and school!)

Good thought re click and collect - nearest one's in town a few miles away, but quite handily located if I'm going in anyway, which I do usually once every 7-10 days, so I guess it's an option, cheers.

Bloooooody ****ing Amazon **** on 18:50 - Aug 24 with 5698 viewsjeera

Bloooooody ****ing Amazon **** on 18:48 - Aug 24 by Ryorry

It's my first name I dislike! (doesn't help it gone turned into nickname at school, which I disliked even more - both name and school!)

Good thought re click and collect - nearest one's in town a few miles away, but quite handily located if I'm going in anyway, which I do usually once every 7-10 days, so I guess it's an option, cheers.

Or drones!

What happened to the drone fad?

I thought all my shopping was to be delivered by drones now.

Bloooooody ****ing Amazon **** on 18:57 - Aug 24 with 5674 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Bloooooody ****ing Amazon **** on 17:31 - Aug 24 by J2BLUE

What have they done?

Love Amazon.

Inbox me

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Bloooooody ****ing Amazon **** on 18:59 - Aug 24 with 5662 viewsBroomy99

Try an amazon locker. They are conveniently located and they just email you the pin and you go and collect it with three days at whatever time suits you.
Bloooooody ****ing Amazon **** on 19:03 - Aug 24 with 5642 viewsRyorry

Bloooooody ****ing Amazon **** on 18:59 - Aug 24 by Broomy99

Try an amazon locker. They are conveniently located and they just email you the pin and you go and collect it with three days at whatever time suits you.

Oh right, cheers, will look into that. Tho I do agree with WWZ re their general lack of ethics, have never felt comfortable about their organisation, and today might have been the last straw I needed to put me off ever going there again.

Bloooooody ****ing Amazon **** on 19:09 - Aug 24 with 5624 viewsRyorry

Bloooooody ****ing Amazon **** on 18:46 - Aug 24 by Ftnfwest

Haha, in Harrogate till Saturday. Thought I heard a sonic boom!

PM'd you

Bloooooody ****ing Amazon **** on 21:16 - Aug 24 with 5432 viewsVic

Totally agree. They really are.

I ordered an item at 11:00pm yesterday and it didn't arrive until 10:00am this morning!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Bloooooody ****ing Amazon **** on 22:43 - Aug 24 with 5342 viewsClapham_Junction

Bloooooody ****ing Amazon **** on 19:03 - Aug 24 by Ryorry

Oh right, cheers, will look into that. Tho I do agree with WWZ re their general lack of ethics, have never felt comfortable about their organisation, and today might have been the last straw I needed to put me off ever going there again.

I was going to recommend you use NearSt ( https://near.st/) as it shows products available in local shops (plus the walking time to get there) and offers deliveries, but it seems it only covers London at the moment. One of my colleagues has been raving about it as an alternative to Amazon.
Bloooooody ****ing Amazon **** on 05:38 - Aug 25 with 5220 viewsTLA

I've got a few problems with Amazon but their service has always been amazing.

Working in customer service can be tough. When you deal with customers giving you grief, I think you develop a 'don't care' attitude so that when polite customers (like you) get in touch, the service isn't always great. Also, people don't want to be in the job, it's just that it's often all there is available.

I worked for a company called Internet Bookshop in the late nineties - they were a genuine rival to Amazon at the time. It was bought out by WHSmith and the treatment of staff became awful.

One of my colleagues used to sign off emails to abusive customers with 'I hope everything is now satisfactory with this order and your account' but he deliberately left the o out of account! He knew he could always claim that it was a typo.

We played a charity match with Amazon in Oxford and raised £10K for Shelter. It was a 4-4 draw and they took the trophy and were supposed to let us have it after 6 months but never returned it.

Thinking about it, I hate those counts!
Bloooooody ****ing Amazon **** on 08:04 - Aug 25 with 5140 viewsStokieBlue

You'll have no choice but to shop there when all shops are owned by Amazon.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Bloooooody ****ing Amazon **** on 08:30 - Aug 25 with 5116 viewsGlasgowBlue

Bloooooody ****ing Amazon **** on 18:04 - Aug 24 by WeWereZombies

Also not great news for our economy as they do not pay their way taxwise, and by all accounts they are a terrible employer.

They don't break any tax laws do they? And as a big employer their contribution to the economy is very valuabale.

Corporation Tax is such an outdated tax in a period where business is global and fluid.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Bloooooody ****ing Amazon **** on 00:33 - Aug 26 with 4959 viewsRyorry

Update.

They completely ignored all the above & delivered it today anyway, the day I said I did *not* want it delivered - as I was out at the Headingley Test Match.

It was dumped in the middle of the drive, about 15 yards from the front door and 25 yards from nominated safe place (woodshed). Luckily my tenant took it in when he returned home briefly during the afternoon.

I tried to raise a complaint via Resolver - twice - both times I got an email back saying the email address wasn't recognised as belonging to any account - even though 2 hours earlier, Amazon had emailed that same address to say 3 more items had been dispatched, and this completed my order (it didn't complete it, there was a 5th item outstanding which they hadn't mentioned)!

You couldn't make it up, it's like being in a Kafka novel. Joint worst company I've ever had to deal with, ranking alongside BT for awfulness - and that's really saying something!

Bloooooody ****ing Amazon **** on 00:40 - Aug 26 with 4937 viewsjeera

Bloooooody ****ing Amazon **** on 00:33 - Aug 26 by Ryorry

Update.

They completely ignored all the above & delivered it today anyway, the day I said I did *not* want it delivered - as I was out at the Headingley Test Match.

It was dumped in the middle of the drive, about 15 yards from the front door and 25 yards from nominated safe place (woodshed). Luckily my tenant took it in when he returned home briefly during the afternoon.

I tried to raise a complaint via Resolver - twice - both times I got an email back saying the email address wasn't recognised as belonging to any account - even though 2 hours earlier, Amazon had emailed that same address to say 3 more items had been dispatched, and this completed my order (it didn't complete it, there was a 5th item outstanding which they hadn't mentioned)!

You couldn't make it up, it's like being in a Kafka novel. Joint worst company I've ever had to deal with, ranking alongside BT for awfulness - and that's really saying something!

Shame you weren't there or anyone with presence of mind to take a photo.

I must admit I've generally had good experiences with Amazon, and they aren't of course directly responsible for those trading alongside their name.

But I have had a couple of negative experiences recently and enough to dent my confidence in the setup if I'm honest.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024