Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"There's a f'ing bitch running the f'ing line, the f'ing sl@g.... 13:23 - Aug 27 with 22991 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

....oh I can't say that can I, maybe I'll say something racist next I don't f'ing care"
Shouted out by some fat boy hero 10 minutes from the end yesterday. As somebody who would like to stand with my soon to be teenage daughter in Bobby Robson lower I wonder if people have feelings on if/how this should be dealt with. There were several women/girls that would have clearly heard this yesterday and I imagine less keen on returning.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

(No subject) on 18:01 - Aug 27 with 4474 viewsRyorry

(No subject) on 17:46 - Aug 27 by Burwell_Blue

The only words I heard were "Bobby Robson Lower and 'Teenage Daughter'

I have a daughter that will soon be that age and I too will wince when someone were to shout that again, which they will. Had I heard it, I would have said something. However, whilst I understand it's not acceptable to shout that and that my daughter can go on and be anything she wants to be, can we not cling onto the one place where we can go and shout whatever is on our mind, regardless of how ridiculous it might be and how far from how we act normally without a few pints on board? Certain stands at football stadia should be the last bastion of masculinity that we have, in this world of women only gyms and PC talk.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2017 17:50]

One of the reasons I enjoy footie so much is exactly because I enjoy having that chance to let my hair down, and the freedom to sing, yell and shout, incl. "language".

However, there are boundaries - no woman I know would think it's OK to have the stuff written in the OP's post hurled at them. As already said, what if that official were your daughter/wife/mother? (depending on your age, obv). And as Sparks also said, imagine if the n word, or homophobic terms were used instead, would you still think the same way?

Plus on a football level, it's hard to attract officials into the game at all levels now - all who are interested are needed, how stupid would it be to drive them away.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

"There's a f'ing bitch running the f'ing line, the f'ing sl@g.... on 18:04 - Aug 27 with 4459 viewshoofer

"There's a f'ing bitch running the f'ing line, the f'ing sl@g.... on 17:42 - Aug 27 by Lord_Lucan

Isn't that the sort of thing kids do at school.

Isn't that the twtds mentality so it's appropriate on here.
(No subject) on 18:05 - Aug 27 with 4456 viewsLord_Lucan

(No subject) on 17:46 - Aug 27 by Burwell_Blue

The only words I heard were "Bobby Robson Lower and 'Teenage Daughter'

I have a daughter that will soon be that age and I too will wince when someone were to shout that again, which they will. Had I heard it, I would have said something. However, whilst I understand it's not acceptable to shout that and that my daughter can go on and be anything she wants to be, can we not cling onto the one place where we can go and shout whatever is on our mind, regardless of how ridiculous it might be and how far from how we act normally without a few pints on board? Certain stands at football stadia should be the last bastion of masculinity that we have, in this world of women only gyms and PC talk.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2017 17:50]

I largely agree with this although racism would obviously not be welcome although we have never had overtly racist fans.

I had a big row with the bloke in front of me a few years back. He reported me to the stewards because of my over use of the c word. I was pulled up by the steward and after a polite conversation she agreed that it was the SBR stand and it's the way things are. I then had a row with the bloke in front.

The next three seasons was a bit of a stand off who would relocate their STs first. Needless to say I had the last laugh as he moved last season - only for me to get banned.

So he moved for nothing.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

"There's a f'ing bitch running the f'ing line, the f'ing sl@g.... on 18:12 - Aug 27 with 4451 viewssparks

"There's a f'ing bitch running the f'ing line, the f'ing sl@g.... on 17:42 - Aug 27 by Lord_Lucan

Isn't that the sort of thing kids do at school.

No its the sort of thing grown ups do when they hear unacceptable bigotry.- especially adults who have seen through the completely illogical "dont be a grass" nonsense which is perpetuated and driven by people who want to get away with stuff...

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

(No subject) on 18:13 - Aug 27 with 4444 viewsTIB

It's "Footballs"...not..."footbreasts"

[Post edited 27 Aug 2017 18:19]

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

"There's a f'ing bitch running the f'ing line, the f'ing sl@g.... on 18:16 - Aug 27 with 4423 viewsLord_Lucan

"There's a f'ing bitch running the f'ing line, the f'ing sl@g.... on 18:12 - Aug 27 by sparks

No its the sort of thing grown ups do when they hear unacceptable bigotry.- especially adults who have seen through the completely illogical "dont be a grass" nonsense which is perpetuated and driven by people who want to get away with stuff...

I've been corrected by Factual and Sparks. Who'd have thunk it.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

"There's a f'ing bitch running the f'ing line, the f'ing sl@g.... on 18:31 - Aug 27 with 4412 viewsBlueCardigan

"There's a f'ing bitch running the f'ing line, the f'ing sl@g.... on 18:12 - Aug 27 by sparks

Good grief - how wonderful are you ?

BlueFlops

"There's a f'ing bitch running the f'ing line, the f'ing sl@g.... on 18:49 - Aug 27 with 4388 viewssparks

"There's a f'ing bitch running the f'ing line, the f'ing sl@g.... on 18:31 - Aug 27 by BlueCardigan

Good grief - how wonderful are you ?

You don't think bigotry should be dealt with robustly?

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Login to get fewer ads

"There's a f'ing bitch running the f'ing line, the f'ing sl@g.... on 18:59 - Aug 27 with 4378 viewsBlueCardigan

"There's a f'ing bitch running the f'ing line, the f'ing sl@g.... on 18:49 - Aug 27 by sparks

You don't think bigotry should be dealt with robustly?

Yeah that is definitely what I said - I suggest you don't go any further up your own @rse

BlueFlops

"There's a f'ing bitch running the f'ing line, the f'ing sl@g.... on 19:14 - Aug 27 with 4355 viewsfactual_blue

"There's a f'ing bitch running the f'ing line, the f'ing sl@g.... on 17:26 - Aug 27 by J2BLUE

Although I fully agree with anyone saying this is 100% unacceptable I think the first thing to do is say something or report it to a steward. Something doesn't seem right about staying silent and then reporting it afterwards where he may get banned without warning. Not saying he wouldn't deserve it but equally it could be someone having a bad week who had a few drinks who wouldn't usually be so stupid.

Again, let me be clear and say it's completely unacceptable.

If he's 'had a few drinks', he should perhaps have been disallowed entry to the ground under existing ground regulations. You accept those the minute you buy a ticket.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

(No subject) on 19:20 - Aug 27 with 4356 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

(No subject) on 17:34 - Aug 27 by strikalite

Agree, was a steward nowhere to be seen?

Where do you draw the line with all this though? "you effin inbr@d c00nt" ..."does she take it up the @r$3" sang by half in lower to Holt I think it was last season refering to Delia, and there are quite a few random shout outs, always has been....if the lino was a man carrying a little extra weight no doubt this idiot would have given it to him, I dunno, your daughter has social media no doubt and there is some pretty disgusting stuff on there she's read no doubt...but it's no excuse I know..

I would be very surprised if stewards didn't hear. To reiterate I have a pretty high threshold and expect to hear all of the examples mentioned and am not precious about my daughter being exposed to it. However in this case it was pure bile aimed at an individual not based on how she had run the line (pretty well from what I remember) but because she was a woman in what he had decided should be a man's world.
Just a sad pathetic individual at the end of the day with quite a few empty seats around him apart from a few mates that he was trying to impress and me with the bad luck to have my ear near his gob....not one to go to 'the authorities' though so if it happens again I would like to think I would front him up and hope that others would do likewise. Hopefully I won't have to find out when I can next persuade my girl to risk a game where she can stand at home. So far the 0-1 Christmas fixture at Brighton has been her only chance to stand......she liked that one !

"There's a f'ing bitch running the f'ing line, the f'ing sl@g.... on 19:25 - Aug 27 with 4334 viewsLord_Lucan

"There's a f'ing bitch running the f'ing line, the f'ing sl@g.... on 19:14 - Aug 27 by factual_blue

If he's 'had a few drinks', he should perhaps have been disallowed entry to the ground under existing ground regulations. You accept those the minute you buy a ticket.

Are we talking about football or netball?

"There's a f'ing bitch running the f'ing line, the f'ing sl@g.... on 19:31 - Aug 27 with 4327 viewsfactual_blue

"There's a f'ing bitch running the f'ing line, the f'ing sl@g.... on 19:25 - Aug 27 by Lord_Lucan

Are we talking about football or netball?

We're talking about decent grown-up behaviour.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

(No subject) on 19:32 - Aug 27 with 4334 viewsTLA

(No subject) on 18:05 - Aug 27 by Lord_Lucan

I largely agree with this although racism would obviously not be welcome although we have never had overtly racist fans.

I had a big row with the bloke in front of me a few years back. He reported me to the stewards because of my over use of the c word. I was pulled up by the steward and after a polite conversation she agreed that it was the SBR stand and it's the way things are. I then had a row with the bloke in front.

The next three seasons was a bit of a stand off who would relocate their STs first. Needless to say I had the last laugh as he moved last season - only for me to get banned.

So he moved for nothing.

My up arrow is for your use of 'needless to say, I had the last laugh' - I loved the Partridge thread.

I fully agree that swearing at football is part of the catharsis that being in the North Stand is all about.

Bad language and stuff that's racist, homophobic, sexist etc. are two different issues. Being reported for use of the c word is ridiculous but being reported for singing the Fashanu song is well-deserved.
"There's a f'ing bitch running the f'ing line, the f'ing sl@g.... on 19:51 - Aug 27 with 4308 viewsJ2BLUE

"There's a f'ing bitch running the f'ing line, the f'ing sl@g.... on 17:29 - Aug 27 by sparks

Had he shouted- its a n***** running the line would you think the same?

If not- what is the difference?

No I wouldn't. Even before posting I knew someone would ask that and that I had no comeback.

I still think saying something or reporting to a steward is the right thing to do but I certainly wouldn't be saying don't report it afterwards so you're entirely right.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

"There's a f'ing bitch running the f'ing line, the f'ing sl@g.... on 20:13 - Aug 27 with 4262 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

"There's a f'ing bitch running the f'ing line, the f'ing sl@g.... on 19:51 - Aug 27 by J2BLUE

No I wouldn't. Even before posting I knew someone would ask that and that I had no comeback.

I still think saying something or reporting to a steward is the right thing to do but I certainly wouldn't be saying don't report it afterwards so you're entirely right.

I do like an honest reply.

"There's a f'ing bitch running the f'ing line, the f'ing sl@g.... on 20:17 - Aug 27 with 4261 viewsbrogansnose

I assume that's an oblique reference to my post. The matter was dealt with by fellow fans in a non violent way and the idiot in qustion cleared off never to be seen again. No need to in form on him.

' Don't be a grass nonsense which is perpetuated and driven by people who want to get away with stuff.....' You couldn't be further from the truth but don't let that stop you carrying on with your wild accusatory generalisations.
"There's a f'ing bitch running the f'ing line, the f'ing sl@g.... on 22:43 - Aug 27 with 4183 viewsBlueBadger

"There's a f'ing bitch running the f'ing line, the f'ing sl@g.... on 18:59 - Aug 27 by BlueCardigan

Yeah that is definitely what I said - I suggest you don't go any further up your own @rse

You'd could have still looked like a bit of a moron with a simple 'no' here and saved yourself a lot of time.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

"There's a f'ing bitch running the f'ing line, the f'ing sl@g.... on 22:48 - Aug 27 with 4179 viewsmonytowbray

There are people here defending blatant sexism as freedom of speech and banter. FFS.

That female linesman was the best official on the pitch yesterday. Referee blew his whistle every time the wind blew near the ball for a free kick and the other linesman ruled a shocking offside against Fulham despite the fact the other player had to literally fight in front from behind one of our defenders (can't remember who exactly) in the second half. If it wasn't for the fact they were 2-0 up I'd have been well annoyed as a Fulham fan, was a good scoring chance.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

"There's a f'ing bitch running the f'ing line, the f'ing sl@g.... on 23:01 - Aug 27 with 4145 viewsBlueBadger

"There's a f'ing bitch running the f'ing line, the f'ing sl@g.... on 18:04 - Aug 27 by hoofer

Isn't that the twtds mentality so it's appropriate on here.

God forbid we stand up to bullies and bigots, eh?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

(No subject) on 23:07 - Aug 27 with 4142 viewshoofer

"There's a f'ing bitch running the f'ing line, the f'ing sl@g.... on 23:01 - Aug 27 by BlueBadger

God forbid we stand up to bullies and bigots, eh?

Stand up to bullies and bigots? It's all right mouthing off on here maybe you should take things into your own hands and front these people.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2017 23:17]
"There's a f'ing bitch running the f'ing line, the f'ing sl@g.... on 23:07 - Aug 27 with 4141 viewsRyorry

"There's a f'ing bitch running the f'ing line, the f'ing sl@g.... on 20:13 - Aug 27 by BanksterDebtSlave

I do like an honest reply.

J2 is one of a small number of refreshingly honest people on here.

(No subject) on 23:10 - Aug 27 with 4138 viewsBurwell_Blue

"There's a f'ing bitch running the f'ing line, the f'ing sl@g.... on 22:48 - Aug 27 by monytowbray

There are people here defending blatant sexism as freedom of speech and banter. FFS.

That female linesman was the best official on the pitch yesterday. Referee blew his whistle every time the wind blew near the ball for a free kick and the other linesman ruled a shocking offside against Fulham despite the fact the other player had to literally fight in front from behind one of our defenders (can't remember who exactly) in the second half. If it wasn't for the fact they were 2-0 up I'd have been well annoyed as a Fulham fan, was a good scoring chance.

Yeah freedom of speech. I will call someone a woofter and I would berate a women linesman and then, when the match is over, I would invite both for a drink and a chat about the match. If they choose to call me whatever they wanted, I would embrace that as part of the, no, MY football experience.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2017 23:11]
(No subject) on 23:15 - Aug 27 with 4127 viewsmonytowbray

(No subject) on 23:10 - Aug 27 by Burwell_Blue

Yeah freedom of speech. I will call someone a woofter and I would berate a women linesman and then, when the match is over, I would invite both for a drink and a chat about the match. If they choose to call me whatever they wanted, I would embrace that as part of the, no, MY football experience.
[Post edited 27 Aug 2017 23:11]

You can berate anyone you like, particularly at football, but there's a bit of a difference between calling someone a w@nker and hate speech. Because that's what it is at the end of the day if you assume a female can't officiate a game.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

(No subject) on 23:15 - Aug 27 with 4125 viewsRyorry

(No subject) on 19:20 - Aug 27 by BanksterDebtSlave

I would be very surprised if stewards didn't hear. To reiterate I have a pretty high threshold and expect to hear all of the examples mentioned and am not precious about my daughter being exposed to it. However in this case it was pure bile aimed at an individual not based on how she had run the line (pretty well from what I remember) but because she was a woman in what he had decided should be a man's world.
Just a sad pathetic individual at the end of the day with quite a few empty seats around him apart from a few mates that he was trying to impress and me with the bad luck to have my ear near his gob....not one to go to 'the authorities' though so if it happens again I would like to think I would front him up and hope that others would do likewise. Hopefully I won't have to find out when I can next persuade my girl to risk a game where she can stand at home. So far the 0-1 Christmas fixture at Brighton has been her only chance to stand......she liked that one !

I'm not slow to say something to people who are very clearly doing or saying something very wrong, but I certainly wouldn't do so if I had a child with me - you never know what the reaction of those being addressed might be - so please don't beat yourself up over it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024