Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sad sad day 13:28 - Aug 29 with 23730 viewsArcher4721

My Lithuanian builder and tenant has decided to return home with his wife and children as she doesn't feel safe with her children in this country anymore since Brexit
Sad sad day on 16:54 - Aug 29 with 3053 viewsRyorry

Sad sad day on 16:49 - Aug 29 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Oh I see. It's almost as if it's entirely made up

Wtf - is your default position that people go around lying about serious issues?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Sad sad day on 16:57 - Aug 29 with 3043 viewsbrazil1982

Sad sad day on 16:54 - Aug 29 by Ryorry

Wtf - is your default position that people go around lying about serious issues?

"No. I haven't had a chance to talk with him yet as I've been away."
"As I said above I've no idea as we haven't spoke."

That's probably why he thinks it could be a fib.
Sad sad day on 17:00 - Aug 29 with 3037 viewshype313

Sad sad day on 16:54 - Aug 29 by Ryorry

Becasue he has form on this to suit his agenda.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Sad sad day on 17:01 - Aug 29 with 3036 viewsArcher4721

Sad sad day on 16:54 - Aug 29 by hype313

What, your neighbours from Colchester going back? or Eastern Europeans going back as a generally, because in this case, your friends are fictitious

What are you on about you obsessed fool?

They're not my neighbours,read what has been said.
Sad sad day on 17:06 - Aug 29 with 3017 viewsRyorry

Sad sad day on 16:57 - Aug 29 by brazil1982

"No. I haven't had a chance to talk with him yet as I've been away."
"As I said above I've no idea as we haven't spoke."

That's probably why he thinks it could be a fib.

So he texted or emailed him, and that makes it a lie?

Seems more a premature conclusion that you two have jumped to, to me - you've no way of knowing, "previous" doesn't necessarily make it so, and it's not pleasant to accuse someone of being a liar without just cause.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Sad sad day on 17:10 - Aug 29 with 2996 viewscrunchie1978

Correct this country isn't safe anymore....not sure what brexit has to do with it.
Sad sad day on 17:11 - Aug 29 with 2988 viewsArcher4721

Sad sad day on 17:06 - Aug 29 by Ryorry

So he texted or emailed him, and that makes it a lie?

Seems more a premature conclusion that you two have jumped to, to me - you've no way of knowing, "previous" doesn't necessarily make it so, and it's not pleasant to accuse someone of being a liar without just cause.

I give up with this place Ryorry.
Sad sad day on 17:30 - Aug 29 with 2945 viewsCrawfordsboot

I think most of you are missing the point in chasing detail.
It is undeniable that during the brexit debate the whole tone In the media turned hostile and unwelcoming. As a Brit living overseas I know the challenge of living in a foriegn community and how much easier it is made if the natives make one feel welcome.
Any foreigner living in the U.K. During brexit could hardly feel welcome.
Login to get fewer ads

Sad sad day on 17:39 - Aug 29 with 2919 viewsm14_blue

Sad sad day on 17:30 - Aug 29 by Crawfordsboot

I think most of you are missing the point in chasing detail.
It is undeniable that during the brexit debate the whole tone In the media turned hostile and unwelcoming. As a Brit living overseas I know the challenge of living in a foriegn community and how much easier it is made if the natives make one feel welcome.
Any foreigner living in the U.K. During brexit could hardly feel welcome.

Exactly, I doubt many people are actually being abused or assaulted whilst walking down the street but how they feel about living in our great country has changed.

Can't say I blame them either.

Lots of brits essentially voted to make themselves poorer just so there wouldn't be so many people like them in the country.*

* I know this doesn't represent everyone who voted leave
Sad sad day on 17:52 - Aug 29 with 2891 viewsstrikalite

Sad sad day on 17:39 - Aug 29 by m14_blue

Exactly, I doubt many people are actually being abused or assaulted whilst walking down the street but how they feel about living in our great country has changed.

Lots of brits essentially voted to make themselves poorer just so there wouldn't be so many people like them in the country.*

It only takes a few hurtful comments, I know a Lithuanian girl who was with her friend going to the shop, a few teenage girls were sat outside, one of the girls said "speak English bitches, you're in our country now"...

This stuck in my mind since she told me this some 7-8 years ago now, so you think about the comments since brexit...if you received a few like that you'd soon feel pretty unwelcome..
Sad sad day on 20:24 - Aug 29 with 2810 viewschristiand

They shouldn't of worried. The way things are being handled currently I'll doubt very much if any decisions are actually going to get made, they keep putting it off and blaming each other.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Sad sad day on 20:26 - Aug 29 with 2808 viewsm14_blue

Sad sad day on 20:24 - Aug 29 by christiand

They shouldn't of worried. The way things are being handled currently I'll doubt very much if any decisions are actually going to get made, they keep putting it off and blaming each other.

Yes, but it's not the mechanics of brexit that is worrying them.

It's the atmosphere created and the attitude of many brits towards them.
Sad sad day on 20:31 - Aug 29 with 2799 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

More likely they've had enough of the extortionate rents charged by their fookin landlord
Sad sad day on 20:32 - Aug 29 with 2799 viewschristiand

Sad sad day on 20:26 - Aug 29 by m14_blue

Yes, but it's not the mechanics of brexit that is worrying them.

It's the atmosphere created and the attitude of many brits towards them.

That's a shame, but a lot of that has come from the work of ISIS and their own Muslim beliefs and actions that has made many British people sceptical about foreigners whether they are Muslim or not. It certainly isn't right because as a country I previously thought that we were the most tolerant in the western world - not so sure now though!?

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Sad sad day on 20:35 - Aug 29 with 2794 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Sad sad day on 14:35 - Aug 29 by greyhound

Colchester is turning a bit horrible lately. Certainly not a place that I think generally feels safe

Lots of white trash moving out of London because they cant afford to live there is what I've been told. Colchester has always been a bit rough though since they built the London overflow estates in the 60s
Sad sad day on 20:36 - Aug 29 with 2793 viewsbrazil1982

Sad sad day on 20:32 - Aug 29 by christiand

That's a shame, but a lot of that has come from the work of ISIS and their own Muslim beliefs and actions that has made many British people sceptical about foreigners whether they are Muslim or not. It certainly isn't right because as a country I previously thought that we were the most tolerant in the western world - not so sure now though!?

We (UK) are incredibly tolerant. The open borders created by the EU is simply not sustainable.
Sad sad day on 20:44 - Aug 29 with 2772 viewsRIPbobby

Sad sad day on 15:08 - Aug 29 by Archer4721

Why is a weak pound going to bother him any more than anyone else? He's lived and worked here five and a half years. His last child was born here.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2017 15:12]

Because he can read between the lines. He can see the next 4-5 years will be tough due to the uncertainty, but once Brexit has completed then this country with thrive. Its just the unknown which will scare people living in this country.

He can here to chase the top dollar and will move onto the next place where he can make good money. £10 says he will be back here in 5 years once brexit is complete and we are raking it in.
Sad sad day on 20:51 - Aug 29 with 2764 viewsLuk38644

While that is obviously a shame, just because he 'feels' a certain way, it doesn't make it correct. Maybe you could encourage them to stay and try to inform how much of a safe country the UK really is?

Not really sure what crime rates have to do with Brexit anyway - What do the rise in acid attacks and knife crime have to do with Brexit?
Sad sad day on 22:03 - Aug 29 with 2699 viewsSonOfSpock

Sad sad day on 17:39 - Aug 29 by m14_blue

Yeah, people voted out coz they is thick innit
Sad sad day on 22:07 - Aug 29 with 2693 viewsm14_blue

Sad sad day on 22:03 - Aug 29 by SonOfSpock

Yeah, people voted out coz they is thick innit

Blimey, someone's a bit sensitive.

Not sure where you got that from.

Many people prioritised immigration over the economy, surely that's self evident? I've not even said that they were necessarily wrong to do so but obviously it will be upsetting for many immigrants currently living here.

Anyone that can't see that is either massively deluded or deliberately refusing to.
Sad sad day on 22:14 - Aug 29 with 2686 viewsStokieBlue

Month of no rent and have to find a new builder?

I jest, it's sad if people are truly feeling that way.

SB
[Post edited 29 Aug 2017 22:15]

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Sad sad day on 22:15 - Aug 29 with 2681 viewsjaykay

Sad sad day on 20:44 - Aug 29 by RIPbobby

Because he can read between the lines. He can see the next 4-5 years will be tough due to the uncertainty, but once Brexit has completed then this country with thrive. Its just the unknown which will scare people living in this country.

He can here to chase the top dollar and will move onto the next place where he can make good money. £10 says he will be back here in 5 years once brexit is complete and we are raking it in.

think a work permit ,will be needed or are we not leaving the e.u. then he will behind all the other builders from india etc. the only reason i say that, is those who voted leave and werent not racists,said we can let in others in now from all over the world.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Sad sad day on 01:21 - Aug 30 with 2614 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Sad sad day on 20:51 - Aug 29 by Luk38644

While that is obviously a shame, just because he 'feels' a certain way, it doesn't make it correct. Maybe you could encourage them to stay and try to inform how much of a safe country the UK really is?

Not really sure what crime rates have to do with Brexit anyway - What do the rise in acid attacks and knife crime have to do with Brexit?

Exactly, there's been a massive rise in violent crime this year in the capital. None of which is related to brexit
Sad sad day on 09:27 - Aug 30 with 2542 viewsbrazil1982

Sad sad day on 01:21 - Aug 30 by FrowsyArmLarry

Exactly, there's been a massive rise in violent crime this year in the capital. None of which is related to brexit

The decrease in stop and search has contributed.
Sad sad day on 14:28 - Nov 29 with 2145 viewsGlasgowBlue

Sad sad day on 13:39 - Aug 29 by Archer4721

Colchester.

When did Colchester fall under the jurisdiction of Ipswich Borough Council?

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024