Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lower North banner 17:23 - Sep 30 with 56427 viewsjdf987

What was that all about? Couldn’t read it and it seems there was a bit of friction among fans when it was hoisted up.
Lower North banner on 07:33 - Oct 3 with 6732 viewsm14_blue

on 07:26 - Oct 3 by _

What's Ipswich's political background?

I'm with R-I-G the last thing I would want is for PR on a matchday to be like this place in the off season.

There's enough division and bitterness around, football should be about bringing communities together.

Celtic and Rangers are not something to aspire to, they are the perfect examples of why politics should be kept away from sport. Do you really want our fans singing about Lee Rigby's murder or the Potato Famine?
on 07:36 - Oct 3 with 6726 views_

Lower North banner on 07:33 - Oct 3 by m14_blue

I'm with R-I-G the last thing I would want is for PR on a matchday to be like this place in the off season.

There's enough division and bitterness around, football should be about bringing communities together.

Celtic and Rangers are not something to aspire to, they are the perfect examples of why politics should be kept away from sport. Do you really want our fans singing about Lee Rigby's murder or the Potato Famine?

Lower North banner on 07:46 - Oct 3 with 6711 viewsMattinLondon

on 07:36 - Oct 3 by _

I know that the clubs background is tied to the Cobbold family - a wealthy family at that.

But to say that the club is tied to the aristocracy is stretching things a bit too far.
on 07:50 - Oct 3 with 6696 views_

Lower North banner on 07:46 - Oct 3 by MattinLondon

I know that the clubs background is tied to the Cobbold family - a wealthy family at that.

But to say that the club is tied to the aristocracy is stretching things a bit too far.

Lower North banner on 08:06 - Oct 3 with 6685 viewsAxeldalai_lama

Football is political though, at least with a small p.
Kick it out, rainbow laces, even support for specific charities and having servicemen/women at games can easily be deemed political.
Depends what people deem as acceptable. Myself and the majority of fans would be okay with the above, but links to specific groups is much more devisive and should be stopped or at least given huge scrutiny.
Lower North banner on 08:12 - Oct 3 with 6677 viewsPJH

on 07:50 - Oct 3 by _

Football Gentry(The Cobbold Brothers) by Brian Scovell.
Lower North banner on 08:17 - Oct 3 with 6666 viewsm14_blue

on 07:36 - Oct 3 by _

Interesting, I didn't know that.
Lower North banner on 08:21 - Oct 3 with 6663 viewsconnorscontract

Lower North banner on 00:15 - Oct 3 by TinkerBlue

For someone obviously so intelligent you could not see the irony in my words. I may be thick but I'm a better person than you. I never have an opinion of someone until I truly know them. You sound like a middle class spoilt brat with a very unrealistic ideology.

Umm, if you "never have an opinion of someone until (you) truly know them" how do you know you are "a better person than" them, and why would you label them "a middle class spoilt brat with a very unrealistic ideology" when you don't "truly know them"?

Oh, and you replied to yourself, so it's difficult to see who exactly you were throwing this at.
Login to get fewer ads

on 09:37 - Oct 3 with 6585 views_

Lower North banner on 08:12 - Oct 3 by PJH

Football Gentry(The Cobbold Brothers) by Brian Scovell.

Lower North banner on 10:00 - Oct 3 with 6563 viewsBlue_Order

I'm assuming this was the offender?

Lower North banner on 10:05 - Oct 3 with 6540 viewsHeathlander

We're the Ipswich republican army, We're barmy.
Lower North banner on 10:07 - Oct 3 with 6538 viewsbuoyant

Lower North banner on 10:00 - Oct 3 by Blue_Order

Really?

Things have the potential to go very wrong in this country. I'm starting to think that our most tolerant and racially harmonious days are behind us.

Sad

UTT

Lower North banner on 10:11 - Oct 3 with 6526 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Lower North banner on 07:07 - Oct 3 by Reuser_is_God

Politics has no place in football.

Whether it was the 'refugees welcome' banners we saw a few years a back or this FLA stuff we have now.

Football is time to support your team, not display you political allegiances.

Exactly

It's just not the time or place

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Lower North banner on 12:23 - Oct 3 with 6439 viewsSuperTommySmith

Are we at least all in agreement that it’s a rubbish name. Like if football lads alliance was their best idea I’d hate to see what was on the reject pile.
Lower North banner on 12:37 - Oct 3 with 6411 viewsleitrimblue

Lower North banner on 12:23 - Oct 3 by SuperTommySmith

Are we at least all in agreement that it’s a rubbish name. Like if football lads alliance was their best idea I’d hate to see what was on the reject pile.

Irrelevant tw4ts?
Lower North banner on 13:14 - Oct 3 with 6351 viewsSpruceMoose

on 06:57 - Oct 3 by _

Of course he doesn't see a problem. He holds disgusting views himself. He's probably a cheerleader for them.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Lower North banner on 13:15 - Oct 3 with 6345 viewsSpruceMoose

Bunch of muppets.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Lower North banner on 13:15 - Oct 3 with 6344 viewsArcher4721

There's a distinct theme here with the banners...I reckon they must be made at the same place. Someone is earning a few quid!

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/four-coachloads-bristol-city-fans
[Post edited 3 Oct 2017 13:24]
Lower North banner on 13:17 - Oct 3 with 6340 viewsSpruceMoose

Lower North banner on 13:15 - Oct 3 by Archer4721

There's a distinct theme here with the banners...I reckon they must be made at the same place. Someone is earning a few quid!

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/news/bristol-news/four-coachloads-bristol-city-fans
[Post edited 3 Oct 2017 13:24]

I will be firing the manager of Sprucy's Pay n' Print with immediate effect.
[Post edited 3 Oct 2017 13:17]

on 13:20 - Oct 3 with 6331 views_

Lower North banner on 13:21 - Oct 3 with 6325 viewsSpruceMoose

on 13:20 - Oct 3 by _

Proud of their in no way offensive or bigoted opinions, innit?

on 13:21 - Oct 3 with 6320 views_

Lower North banner on 13:21 - Oct 3 by SpruceMoose

Proud of their in no way offensive or bigoted opinions, innit?

Lower North banner on 13:24 - Oct 3 with 6313 viewsSpruceMoose

on 13:21 - Oct 3 by _

ROOOL BRITANIIIROOOOOOAAARR!!!

I'd be interested to know how many criminal charges that bunch share between them. I'm certain it'll be a fairly high amount!

on 13:25 - Oct 3 with 6299 views_

Lower North banner on 13:24 - Oct 3 by SpruceMoose

ROOOL BRITANIIIROOOOOOAAARR!!!

I'd be interested to know how many criminal charges that bunch share between them. I'm certain it'll be a fairly high amount!

Lower North banner on 13:29 - Oct 3 with 6280 viewsSpruceMoose

on 13:25 - Oct 3 by _

Well. that's why you keep me around, I'm happy to make that assertion! Bunch of thugs, crims and chancers. Pride of Anglia they ain't.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024