Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
[Redacted] 11:17 - Oct 10 with 6851 viewsvictorywilhappen

[Redacted]
Vintage thread- best/choice magazines ? on 11:24 - Oct 10 with 5694 viewsJohnny_Boy

The Face, certainly.

I always remember Sky magazine was always big, especially with interviews of bands at the time.
Vintage thread- best/choice magazines ? on 11:57 - Oct 10 with 5663 viewsBlueorder

Vox, Zig Zag. More recently Uncut.
Vintage thread- best/choice magazines ? on 12:04 - Oct 10 with 5657 viewsMJallday

"Beezer", "The Rover" and "The Victor" surely have to get honourable mentions?

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

Vintage thread- best/choice magazines ? on 12:09 - Oct 10 with 5660 viewsBrianTablet

Scoop - It was an amazing magazine. It had the best of all the top sports, and Town players in it sometimes too :-)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/b/Scoop-Sports-Magazines/105967/bn_21157543
[Post edited 10 Oct 2017 12:10]

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

Vintage thread- best/choice magazines ? on 12:22 - Oct 10 with 5643 viewsBluebell

What about the Beano and Dandy?
Vintage thread- best/choice magazines ? on 12:27 - Oct 10 with 5649 viewsimsureazzure

After promotion from a paperboy to the marker upper at Martins newsagents Stoke park shopping centre around 1981, my mates and I never went short of Fiesta and Knave.
Vintage thread- best/choice magazines ? on 12:36 - Oct 10 with 5630 viewsDolly2.0

Vintage thread- best/choice magazines ? on 12:04 - Oct 10 by MJallday

"Beezer", "The Rover" and "The Victor" surely have to get honourable mentions?

I absolutely loved Victor. Must have hundreds of those little war story books knocking about somewhere.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Vintage thread- best/choice magazines ? on 13:09 - Oct 10 with 5605 viewsfactual_blue

English Historical Review and Past and Present.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Login to get fewer ads

Vintage thread- best/choice magazines ? on 13:17 - Oct 10 with 5595 viewsSpruceMoose

Vintage thread- best/choice magazines ? on 13:09 - Oct 10 by factual_blue

English Historical Review and Past and Present.

Always thought you were more of a Razzle man, Facters.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Vintage thread- best/choice magazines ? on 13:21 - Oct 10 with 5586 viewsfactual_blue

Vintage thread- best/choice magazines ? on 13:17 - Oct 10 by SpruceMoose

Always thought you were more of a Razzle man, Facters.

I genuinely have no idea what you're talking about.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Vintage thread- best/choice magazines ? on 13:30 - Oct 10 with 5578 viewsGlasgowBlue

The Mighty World of Marvel
Spider-Man Comics Weekly
Look In
Shoot
2000AD

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Vintage thread- best/choice magazines ? on 13:38 - Oct 10 with 5566 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

The Fly

It's where I used to get updates on which bands were worth looking out for.. Found some absolute corkers from flicking through that magazine
Vintage thread- best/choice magazines ? on 13:45 - Oct 10 with 5560 viewsPhilTWTD

Vintage thread- best/choice magazines ? on 13:21 - Oct 10 by factual_blue

Ignore him, he reads Playmoose mainly.
Vintage thread- best/choice magazines ? on 13:47 - Oct 10 with 5551 viewsPhilTWTD

Vintage thread- best/choice magazines ? on 12:09 - Oct 10 by BrianTablet

Scoop - It was an amazing magazine. It had the best of all the top sports, and Town players in it sometimes too :-)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/b/Scoop-Sports-Magazines/105967/bn_21157543
[Post edited 10 Oct 2017 12:10]

I liked Scoop as well and John Stark was a somewhat prescient creation.
Vintage thread- best/choice magazines ? on 13:57 - Oct 10 with 5531 viewsSpruceMoose

Vintage thread- best/choice magazines ? on 13:21 - Oct 10 by factual_blue

I always assumed it was you leaving copies in wooded areas for the yoof to find.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Vintage thread- best/choice magazines ? on 13:58 - Oct 10 with 5530 viewsSpruceMoose

Vintage thread- best/choice magazines ? on 13:45 - Oct 10 by PhilTWTD

Ignore him, he reads Playmoose mainly.

I like big haunches and I can not lie.

Vintage thread- best/choice magazines ? on 15:09 - Oct 10 with 5487 viewsBrianTablet

Vintage thread- best/choice magazines ? on 13:47 - Oct 10 by PhilTWTD

I liked Scoop as well and John Stark was a somewhat prescient creation.

Who would be his modern-day equivalent?

Matchwinner for hire:
Lionel Messi?
Ole-Gunnar Solskjaer?
Marlon Harewood?

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

Vintage thread- best/choice magazines ? on 16:13 - Oct 10 with 5455 viewsPhilTWTD

Vintage thread- best/choice magazines ? on 15:09 - Oct 10 by BrianTablet

Who would be his modern-day equivalent?

Matchwinner for hire:
Lionel Messi?
Ole-Gunnar Solskjaer?
Marlon Harewood?

Actually there are a few cricketers rather closer to the Stark 'matchwinner for hire' mercenary blueprint.
Vintage thread- best/choice magazines ? on 16:23 - Oct 10 with 5439 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

Vintage thread- best/choice magazines ? on 11:24 - Oct 10 by Johnny_Boy

The Face, certainly.

I always remember Sky magazine was always big, especially with interviews of bands at the time.

I've got an official Face mag vinyl LP (circa 1987) somewhere.

A quick google reveals nothing... it must be quite rare
[Post edited 10 Oct 2017 16:27]
Vintage thread- best/choice magazines ? on 17:35 - Oct 10 with 5391 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Crisis

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Vintage thread- best/choice magazines ? on 19:12 - Oct 10 with 5353 viewsvapour_trail

Vintage thread- best/choice magazines ? on 12:27 - Oct 10 by imsureazzure

After promotion from a paperboy to the marker upper at Martins newsagents Stoke park shopping centre around 1981, my mates and I never went short of Fiesta and Knave.

Marker upper was the job to have. I never scaled the ranks that high, but did manage to secure the odd week filling in when the regular lad was away on holiday.

That was a powerful position to hold.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

Vintage thread- best/choice magazines ? on 19:20 - Oct 10 with 5342 viewsDubtractor

I had subscriptions to Shoot (late 80s) and Anglers Mail (early 90s).

Had a huge stack of them which my mum kept for ages but finally got binned about 10 years ago.

Most recent mag I had a subscription to was Mojo, but I got a bit bored of the rotating features on the Who/Bowie/Floyd/Fleetwood Mac.

[Post edited 10 Oct 2017 19:24]

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Vintage thread- best/choice magazines ? on 20:00 - Oct 10 with 5304 viewsWD19

'Roy of the Rovers' and 'The Victor' for me.
Vintage thread- best/choice magazines ? on 20:12 - Oct 10 with 5292 viewsbluejake78

The Sound..I got published.The Green un was always on my Saturday night search,,,got published there also.A quality Paul Raymond is still a great mag bloke.The Misses threw out my Lusardi special....no tatts,plastic and a proper muff.
Vintage thread- best/choice magazines ? on 22:27 - Oct 10 with 5239 viewspeterleeblue

I basically read the following in this order as I grew up and some I still read now.
Beano
Dandy
Whizzer and Chips
The Beezer
Scoop
Roy of the Rovers
Shoot
Kerrang
Metal Hammer
VIZ
Guitar Techniques
Total Guitar