Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I really don't understand 13:04 - Oct 17 with 28879 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Why any Ipswich fan who can get to game wouldn't go on Sunday. Whether your Mick in or Mick out it's the Derby, embarrassing if you don't go to support.

Edit/ seeing the replies i feel like I should be clearer. What I meant was that if you Can get to the game you should go. This doesn't mean if you live near Portman road or can get there you should be there, but if you are simply choosing not to go because you don't want to you should be there. People have commitments, some things are more important than football. But my point with it being embarrassing remains, we should be selling more tickets then we have.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2017 15:06]

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

I really don't understand on 13:06 - Oct 17 with 7750 views26_Paz

I think you've answered your own question there mate. Not going to the game Sunday without very good reason and you're not an Ipswich fan.

The Paz Man

I really don't understand on 13:07 - Oct 17 with 7740 viewsBobbychase

I really don't understand on 13:06 - Oct 17 by 26_Paz

I think you've answered your own question there mate. Not going to the game Sunday without very good reason and you're not an Ipswich fan.

Spot on. If you dislike Mick more than you dislike Norwich then there is something wrong with you.

Poll: Who's going to be at the Bolton game?

I really don't understand on 13:10 - Oct 17 with 7727 viewsBobbychase

When you consider some of the Dutch ITFC fans are coming over, if you live in somewhere like Needham or Woodbridge or even Ipswich itself and decide not to go then you should have a long, hard look at yourself.

on 13:10 - Oct 17 with 7729 views_

I really don't understand on 13:10 - Oct 17 with 7727 viewsportmanking

I am inclined to agree. We, the supporters, are Ipswich Town, with or without Mick. If you can physically make the game on Sunday and you're making a conscious decision to watch it in your armchair I find that appalling and a definite display of your true [fairweather] colours.
I really don't understand on 13:11 - Oct 17 with 7701 viewsportmanking

I really don't understand on 13:10 - Oct 17 by Bobbychase

When you consider some of the Dutch ITFC fans are coming over, if you live in somewhere like Needham or Woodbridge or even Ipswich itself and decide not to go then you should have a long, hard look at yourself.

Excellent way to put it.
on 13:13 - Oct 17 with 7673 views_

I really don't understand on 13:14 - Oct 17 with 7652 viewsBobbychase

on 13:13 - Oct 17 by _

Yeah! Plus I'm enduring the M4/M25 junction which I hate more than most things in life.

Login to get fewer ads

on 13:16 - Oct 17 with 7636 views_

I really don't understand on 13:14 - Oct 17 by Bobbychase

Yeah! Plus I'm enduring the M4/M25 junction which I hate more than most things in life.

I really don't understand on 13:17 - Oct 17 with 7627 viewsBobbychase

on 13:16 - Oct 17 by _

Missing out if we win though.....much better being there in person.

on 13:20 - Oct 17 with 7604 views_

I really don't understand on 13:17 - Oct 17 by Bobbychase

Missing out if we win though.....much better being there in person.

I really don't understand on 13:21 - Oct 17 with 7599 viewsBornBlue

What a load of nonsense the replies have been so far on this. Here's the truth, if it wasn't on the TV, I and many others would be going to the game. Simple. I've attended many of the derby's over the years, including the highs of 5-0 and lows of 1-5. But I am not going on Sunday because yes, I pay £800 per year to be a Sky Sports subscriber, and currently do not pay £500 to be a season ticket holder. If it was not on TV, I would pay £30 to watch it at the ground with a match day ticket. Don't moan at the people who have done this maths. As a father of two young children, money can't just be thrown around carefree. I would prefer to be at the game of course, but I'll hardly be missing out by watching on Sky. Its got sod all to do with Mick in our out, or being physically able to attend.
I really don't understand on 13:22 - Oct 17 with 7589 viewsBobbychase

on 13:20 - Oct 17 by _

Burn your house down while you're at it.

Personally, I've got a 440-mile round trip and if we lose I'll wish I'd never set foot outside my front door but it's the game I cannot miss.

I really don't understand on 13:22 - Oct 17 with 7588 views26_Paz

I'm travelling down from London on the replacement bus of doom. COYB.

The Paz Man

I really don't understand on 13:23 - Oct 17 with 7582 viewsJakeITFC

on 13:16 - Oct 17 by _

I mean it does literally make you less of a supporter than him.
I really don't understand on 13:24 - Oct 17 with 7568 viewsBobbychase

I really don't understand on 13:21 - Oct 17 by BornBlue

What a load of nonsense the replies have been so far on this. Here's the truth, if it wasn't on the TV, I and many others would be going to the game. Simple. I've attended many of the derby's over the years, including the highs of 5-0 and lows of 1-5. But I am not going on Sunday because yes, I pay £800 per year to be a Sky Sports subscriber, and currently do not pay £500 to be a season ticket holder. If it was not on TV, I would pay £30 to watch it at the ground with a match day ticket. Don't moan at the people who have done this maths. As a father of two young children, money can't just be thrown around carefree. I would prefer to be at the game of course, but I'll hardly be missing out by watching on Sky. Its got sod all to do with Mick in our out, or being physically able to attend.

Playing devil's advocate, Liverpool v Man United (and the reverse fixture) have been live every season since I was a teenager. You never see a half-empty Old Trafford or Anfield.

on 13:25 - Oct 17 with 7563 views_

I really don't understand on 13:23 - Oct 17 by JakeITFC

on 13:25 - Oct 17 with 7555 views_

I really don't understand on 13:22 - Oct 17 by Bobbychase

Burn your house down while you're at it.

Personally, I've got a 440-mile round trip and if we lose I'll wish I'd never set foot outside my front door but it's the game I cannot miss.

I really don't understand on 13:26 - Oct 17 with 7547 viewsBobbychase

on 13:25 - Oct 17 by _

You know it to be true. Look into your heart, as Bryan Adams once said

I really don't understand on 13:26 - Oct 17 with 7553 viewsHerbivore

I think we've always really had a hard-core support of not much more than 10k and then depending on success (or not as has generally been the case) we have a further, more casual but still fairly dedicated group of fans that number around 5-10k, then finally some plastics (numbering 10k plus at a guess) that can get the attendance up to above 25k if we're in the Prem or for one off big games. The glory hunting nature of the last group means that they don't really even see the derby as important unless we're gunning for promotion and/or it's being televised. People move between these groups at times too I guess but it strikes me that this is the rough make up of our fans, at least those who live an accessible distance from PR.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

I really don't understand on 13:26 - Oct 17 with 7554 viewshammo56

I know quite a few people who won't be at the game on Sunday and live a lot closer to the ground than I do but I still wouldn't classify myself more of a supporter of ITFC than them just because I will be there.
Never can and never will understand this I'm a better fan than you attitude.
I really don't understand on 13:26 - Oct 17 with 7544 viewsBlueBadger

You COULD cancel Sky, get a ST, be saving £300 a year AND not be giving money to Rupert Murdoch...

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

on 13:27 - Oct 17 with 7536 views_

I really don't understand on 13:26 - Oct 17 by Bobbychase

You know it to be true. Look into your heart, as Bryan Adams once said

I really don't understand on 13:27 - Oct 17 with 7537 viewsportmanking

I wouldn't necessarily put you in the demographic (as a young father of 2) of people that should be making the effort to come without fail. There are however thousands of people who aren't currently going who will probably spend the cost of the match ticket on beer money alone watching it on a crummy pub TV screen. I just find it bitterly disappointing that the community/family spirit and enthusiasm regarding the biggest game of the season has waned so alarmingly in recent years.
I really don't understand on 13:28 - Oct 17 with 7522 viewsDubtractor

I really don't understand on 13:23 - Oct 17 by JakeITFC

Well yes.

I'll be doing the telly box approach and will happily concede that makes me a lesser supporter than those going.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024