Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our chief exc doesn't know how many ST holders we have 23:50 - Oct 26 with 13815 viewstextbackup

I'm gutted I couldn't have been there to point and laugh in his face.

I'm just an engineer and I know the exact figure of the customer base I'm working with. What a disgrace that lot truly are

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Our chief exc doesn't know how many ST holders we have on 23:57 - Oct 26 with 9186 viewsSwansea_Blue

Rumour has it that Clegg knew exactly how many nuts and bolts hold the turnstiles together.

Ah, twtd.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Our chief exc doesn't know how many ST holders we have on 00:04 - Oct 27 with 9208 viewsPhilTWTD

Our chief exc doesn't know how many ST holders we have on 23:57 - Oct 26 by Swansea_Blue

Rumour has it that Clegg knew exactly how many nuts and bolts hold the turnstiles together.

Ah, twtd.

I actually know quite an interesting fact re the turnstiles. Some of them that are still in use - or at least were until relatively recently - were purchased second-hand from Bedford Town in the early sixties.

Re the OP, IM did know the number but wasn't keen to get drawn into getting into a discussion on a matter which they're keen to move on from. They know they got season ticket pricing wrong, they know lack of entertainment was a factor in why fans didn't renew.
Our chief exc doesn't know how many ST holders we have on 00:07 - Oct 27 with 9171 viewstextbackup

Our chief exc doesn't know how many ST holders we have on 00:04 - Oct 27 by PhilTWTD

I actually know quite an interesting fact re the turnstiles. Some of them that are still in use - or at least were until relatively recently - were purchased second-hand from Bedford Town in the early sixties.

Re the OP, IM did know the number but wasn't keen to get drawn into getting into a discussion on a matter which they're keen to move on from. They know they got season ticket pricing wrong, they know lack of entertainment was a factor in why fans didn't renew.

I do love a bit of info like that (turnstile bit)

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Our chief exc doesn't know how many ST holders we have on 00:19 - Oct 27 with 9160 viewsCurrie10

Our chief exc doesn't know how many ST holders we have on 00:04 - Oct 27 by PhilTWTD

That's all well and good, however if we'd sold 16,369 for instance he'd have been banging on about it until the cows come home.

If the figure was 9.251 initially then 10,374 for example after extending the deadline, then tell people. Don't treat people like mugs and people will be a lot happier.

Though IM the Chelsea fan is probably more bothered how Chelsea are doing, not Ipswich.
Our chief exc doesn't know how many ST holders we have on 00:23 - Oct 27 with 9157 viewsPhilTWTD

Our chief exc doesn't know how many ST holders we have on 00:19 - Oct 27 by Currie10

That's all well and good, however if we'd sold 16,369 for instance he'd have been banging on about it until the cows come home.

If the figure was 9.251 initially then 10,374 for example after extending the deadline, then tell people. Don't treat people like mugs and people will be a lot happier.

Though IM the Chelsea fan is probably more bothered how Chelsea are doing, not Ipswich.

Of course, they only ever put out a figure when it's a positive one. Like every other club, I'd imagine. I said it was creating an unnecessary point of contention.
Our chief exc doesn't know how many ST holders we have on 00:26 - Oct 27 with 9148 viewsCurrie10

Our chief exc doesn't know how many ST holders we have on 00:23 - Oct 27 by PhilTWTD

Of course, they only ever put out a figure when it's a positive one. Like every other club, I'd imagine. I said it was creating an unnecessary point of contention.

We usually get told the figure.

I know of several other clubs who are transparent every year with everything, be it good, be it bad.

Milne would certainly get a lot more onside if he took a leaf out of others books! Also, not disclosing his love of Chelsea may help!
Our chief exc doesn't know how many ST holders we have on 00:32 - Oct 27 with 9135 viewsPhilTWTD

Our chief exc doesn't know how many ST holders we have on 00:26 - Oct 27 by Currie10

We usually get told the figure.

I know of several other clubs who are transparent every year with everything, be it good, be it bad.

Milne would certainly get a lot more onside if he took a leaf out of others books! Also, not disclosing his love of Chelsea may help!

I actually think it's daft for people working for clubs not to mention their allegiances. No point in hiding these things. Unless they support Norwich or Sheffield United, obviously.

We usually get a figure but it's not announced, usually through me - or someone else - digging around or wearing people down by keeping asking them.
Our chief exc doesn't know how many ST holders we have on 00:34 - Oct 27 with 9119 viewsCurrie10

Our chief exc doesn't know how many ST holders we have on 00:32 - Oct 27 by PhilTWTD

I actually think it's daft for people working for clubs not to mention their allegiances. No point in hiding these things. Unless they support Norwich or Sheffield United, obviously.

We usually get a figure but it's not announced, usually through me - or someone else - digging around or wearing people down by keeping asking them.

Well surely you shouldn't have to get blood out a stone with these people.

You do a great job Phil! Keep it up.
Login to get fewer ads

Our chief exc doesn't know how many ST holders we have on 00:38 - Oct 27 with 9095 viewshoppy

Our chief exc doesn't know how many ST holders we have on 00:34 - Oct 27 by Currie10

Well quite, we don't want him to be tearing his hair out trying... Oh.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Our chief exc doesn't know how many ST holders we have on 03:53 - Oct 27 with 8955 viewsWeWereZombies

Our chief exc doesn't know how many ST holders we have on 00:32 - Oct 27 by PhilTWTD

Still, you would have hoped that after all these years working at Town the magic of Portman Road would have turned him - or maybe it gives us an insight into the state of affairs at the club that it hasn't. I was getting a warm feeling about the club again through reading your piece until he committed the cardinal crime of saying that the players gave 120% on Sunday, 99.5% I can be happy with (despite what Wilson Pickett said) but logical impossibilities are an instant PR red card from me.

On the subject of the turnstiles, didn't the old floodlights come from Bedford as well? Sounds like it was a job lot, say what you like about the plummy voiced Cobbolds but they were true Suffolk in the ability to swoop onto a bargain and then get years of use out of it.

Poll: How will we get fourteen points from the last five games ?

Our chief exc doesn't know how many ST holders we have on 04:42 - Oct 27 with 8936 viewsBenters

Our chief exc doesn't know how many ST holders we have on 00:19 - Oct 27 by Currie10

I think you are bang on about the tickets.

But wrong about IM footie team,do you think the ITFC players support Ipswich?

Its a job innit.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Our chief exc doesn't know how many ST holders we have on 06:45 - Oct 27 with 8872 viewschristiand

He knows alright, too embarrassed to admit it and face a fan’s backlash.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Our chief exc doesn't know how many ST holders we have on 06:51 - Oct 27 with 8854 viewstiptreeblue

Okay then, how many season ticket holders do we have? PLEASE
Our chief exc doesn't know how many ST holders we have on 06:55 - Oct 27 with 8846 viewsBenters

Our chief exc doesn't know how many ST holders we have on 06:51 - Oct 27 by tiptreeblue

Think of a number between 9500-10500 its between that.

Gentlybentley
Poll: Simple poll plane banner over Norwich

Our chief exc doesn't know how many ST holders we have on 08:18 - Oct 27 with 8734 viewsBrixtonBlue

Our chief exc doesn't know how many ST holders we have on 00:34 - Oct 27 by Currie10

Who cares what the exact figure is? We're well down, everyone knows that.

Time to move on.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Our chief exc doesn't know how many ST holders we have on 08:26 - Oct 27 with 8709 viewsartsbossbeard

Our chief exc doesn't know how many ST holders we have on 08:18 - Oct 27 by BrixtonBlue

Who cares what the exact figure is? We're well down, everyone knows that.

Time to move on.

Amen, Brother.

It's only ever going to be used for some needless point scoring on here anyway.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Our chief exc doesn't know how many ST holders we have on 08:27 - Oct 27 with 8706 viewsartsbossbeard

I'm getting concerned about your blood pressure, mate.

Have a hot bath and listen to Enya.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Our chief exc doesn't know how many ST holders we have on 09:36 - Oct 27 with 8598 viewsfactual_blue

Do you apply the same principle to employees of Hammy Media?

Who does Gav support?

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Our chief exc doesn't know how many ST holders we have on 09:37 - Oct 27 with 8598 viewsPhilTWTD

Our chief exc doesn't know how many ST holders we have on 06:51 - Oct 27 by tiptreeblue

10,000, towards 11,000.
Our chief exc doesn't know how many ST holders we have on 09:41 - Oct 27 with 8584 viewsGavTWTD

Our chief exc doesn't know how many ST holders we have on 09:36 - Oct 27 by factual_blue

Do you apply the same principle to employees of Hammy Media?

Who does Gav support?

I'm not at liberty to say. It's far too embarassing.

Incidentally, when the stadium was being made all seater, I had the chance to own my own turnstyle but couldn't sort the logistics of getting it home. I did get one of the backrests from the dugouts though.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Our chief exc doesn't know how many ST holders we have on 09:45 - Oct 27 with 8564 viewshoppy

Our chief exc doesn't know how many ST holders we have on 09:41 - Oct 27 by GavTWTD

Incidentally, when the stadium was being made all seater, I had the chance to own my own turnstyle but couldn't sort the logistics of getting it home. I did get one of the backrests from the dugouts though.

I think Benters tried to buy one of the gates too, just so he could pay on it as often as he liked.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Our chief exc doesn't know how many ST holders we have on 09:46 - Oct 27 with 8561 viewsfactual_blue

Our chief exc doesn't know how many ST holders we have on 09:41 - Oct 27 by GavTWTD

You couldn't sort some fairly basic logistics out?

Would you like the stadium catering contract?

Our chief exc doesn't know how many ST holders we have on 09:47 - Oct 27 with 8563 viewsHerbivore

Milne saying how many STs had been sold would make no difference to anything whatsoever. Such a pointless thing to get annoyed about and anyone claiming people would be happier if the club just said what we'd sold are talking utter gubbins. Yes, the defeat against Norwich will be glossed over if only I know the exact number of season ticket holders.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Our chief exc doesn't know how many ST holders we have on 09:47 - Oct 27 with 8558 viewsfactual_blue

Our chief exc doesn't know how many ST holders we have on 09:45 - Oct 27 by hoppy

I think Benters tried to buy one of the gates too, just so he could pay on it as often as he liked.

He would spend most of the day shouting 'balls' at it.

Our chief exc doesn't know how many ST holders we have on 09:50 - Oct 27 with 8552 viewsJohnny_Boy

"Milne did know the number but wasn't keen to get drawn into getting into a discussion on a matter which they're keen to move on from. They know they got season ticket pricing wrong, they know lack of entertainment was a factor in why fans didn't renew."

Pretty damning statement.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024