Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Get Huws pulled out of the Wales squad 11:27 - Nov 1 with 4007 viewsitfcjoe

Nonsensical call up for friendlies

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Get Huws pulled out of the Wales squad on 11:28 - Nov 1 with 4005 viewsPhilTWTD

Good opportunity to get first-team games - or part of first-team games - under his belt, I would say. Might be beneficial to us.
Get Huws pulled out of the Wales squad on 11:28 - Nov 1 with 3999 viewshoppy

Totally agree with you. The last thing he should be doing just yet, in my opinion.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Get Huws pulled out of the Wales squad on 11:30 - Nov 1 with 3984 viewsSomethingBlue

Get Huws pulled out of the Wales squad on 11:28 - Nov 1 by PhilTWTD

Good opportunity to get first-team games - or part of first-team games - under his belt, I would say. Might be beneficial to us.

Maybe but I'd have thought at this stage it'd be best to keep him around a medical staff that knows everything about his injury and recovery. Can always arrange another U23 friendly or two if he's short of games ...

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Get Huws pulled out of the Wales squad on 11:30 - Nov 1 with 3986 viewsJ2BLUE

Let him go. He can be assessed by another medical team, get some minutes and get out of Playford Road for a week or so. It would probably do him good, especially if we don't get a result against Preston.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Get Huws pulled out of the Wales squad on 11:31 - Nov 1 with 3976 viewshoppy

'Might' being the operative word there. Knowing our recent luck with injuries though, would be very nervous before he's even played a first team game for us.

Get Huws pulled out of the Wales squad on 11:31 - Nov 1 with 3971 viewsRyorry

Get Huws pulled out of the Wales squad on 11:30 - Nov 1 by J2BLUE

Let him go. He can be assessed by another medical team, get some minutes and get out of Playford Road for a week or so. It would probably do him good, especially if we don't get a result against Preston.

Very good points, esp re second opinions medically.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Get Huws pulled out of the Wales squad on 11:38 - Nov 1 with 3943 viewsElderGrizzly

Get Huws pulled out of the Wales squad on 11:30 - Nov 1 by SomethingBlue

Maybe but I'd have thought at this stage it'd be best to keep him around a medical staff that knows everything about his injury and recovery. Can always arrange another U23 friendly or two if he's short of games ...

If I was Huws i’d get as far away from our medical staff as possible!
Get Huws pulled out of the Wales squad on 11:43 - Nov 1 with 3913 viewsSomethingBlue

Get Huws pulled out of the Wales squad on 11:38 - Nov 1 by ElderGrizzly

If I was Huws i’d get as far away from our medical staff as possible!

The thought did occur to me tbf!

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Login to get fewer ads

Get Huws pulled out of the Wales squad on 11:44 - Nov 1 with 3922 viewsitfcjoe

Or he has to go into more intense training sessions and isn't managed correctly and ends up picking up an injury

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Get Huws pulled out of the Wales squad on 11:44 - Nov 1 with 3927 viewsPhilTWTD

Get Huws pulled out of the Wales squad on 11:30 - Nov 1 by SomethingBlue

Not really the same playing an U23s game, though. From what I was told he strolled through Monday's match. I'd expect him to play some part on Saturday and some minutes for Wales will do him good. He seems to have been further forward in his progress than Mick was letting on a couple of weeks ago.
OMG.......!!!!! on 11:46 - Nov 1 with 3894 viewsBloots

Get Huws pulled out of the Wales squad on 11:44 - Nov 1 by PhilTWTD

Not really the same playing an U23s game, though. From what I was told he strolled through Monday's match. I'd expect him to play some part on Saturday and some minutes for Wales will do him good. He seems to have been further forward in his progress than Mick was letting on a couple of weeks ago.

.....he lied to the fans!!!!

Outrageous.

Burn him.

DinoMuck out!

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Get Huws pulled out of the Wales squad on 11:47 - Nov 1 with 3905 viewsPhilTWTD

Get Huws pulled out of the Wales squad on 11:44 - Nov 1 by itfcjoe

Or he has to go into more intense training sessions and isn't managed correctly and ends up picking up an injury

I would imagine the Wales set-up have been pretty closely involved with his recovery, so I doubt they'd over-push him if there remain ongoing concerns regarding the injury. Town are quite close to their staff, Lee O'Neill and Darren Smith have both been involved with Wales in recent seasons.
Get Huws pulled out of the Wales squad on 11:56 - Nov 1 with 3862 viewsSWGF

Get Huws pulled out of the Wales squad on 11:30 - Nov 1 by J2BLUE

I tend to think this as well....(although Town don't have a say in the matter). Get another physio department's opinion of his situation. We're not exactly covering ourselves in glory in this respect!

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Get Huws pulled out of the Wales squad on 11:58 - Nov 1 with 3857 viewsmonty_radio

Get Huws pulled out of the Wales squad on 11:44 - Nov 1 by PhilTWTD

Agree with that re U23 game. Looked what he was, a cut above. But it was just a classy lay-off here, a smooth turn away from trouble there.

I'd have thought a little more intensity with Wales and a few mates would progress him more. If walking wounded regularly returned to us from abroad concern might be justified. But the stroll around Playford Rd seems to incapacitate quite a few more on a regular basis.

If he's really as delicate as all that though, he'll pick up injury wherever.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

Get Huws pulled out of the Wales squad on 16:53 - Nov 1 with 3680 viewsericclacton

He's a professional footballer, not a dress designer, if he's getting up to fitness great as Phil says.
Get Huws pulled out of the Wales squad on 16:56 - Nov 1 with 3664 viewshoppy

Get Huws pulled out of the Wales squad on 16:53 - Nov 1 by ericclacton

He's a professional footballer, not a dress designer, if he's getting up to fitness great as Phil says.

E Huws is more into the patchwork than dress designs, to be fair.

Get Huws pulled out of the Wales squad on 16:56 - Nov 1 with 3661 viewsNo9

Not really, he needs game time & it seems tho' he has been fit for a while MM isn't going to give him a run out
Get Huws pulled out of the Wales squad on 17:00 - Nov 1 with 3656 viewsPhilTWTD

Get Huws pulled out of the Wales squad on 16:56 - Nov 1 by No9

Not really, he needs game time & it seems tho' he has been fit for a while MM isn't going to give him a run out

Mick's said if he had no ill effects from the U23s game he'd be in the squad for Saturday.
Get Huws pulled out of the Wales squad on 17:30 - Nov 1 with 3616 viewsNo9

Get Huws pulled out of the Wales squad on 17:00 - Nov 1 by PhilTWTD

Mick's said if he had no ill effects from the U23s game he'd be in the squad for Saturday.

To be candid Phil what MM says, who he selects, why and how he makes his substitutions are more than a bit of a mystery to me.
Get Huws pulled out of the Wales squad on 17:59 - Nov 1 with 3584 viewschristiand

He's going to get another game under his belt. Can see why your apprehensive, but just let him play he's been kicking about on the sidelines too long, gets him match fit quicker. Good move IMO.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024