Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Table shows we're one of the better teams in the league 17:31 - Nov 4 with 9391 viewsDarth_Koont

And that's without anything like a full-strength midfield for the entire season.

Bearing in mind, we've rarely been in this position over the past 16 years, maybe it's time to get behind the team rather than organize protests?

Pronouns: He/Him

Table shows we're one of the better teams in the league on 10:21 - Nov 5 with 1997 viewsblue_oyster

It will only show we're one of the better teams in the league when we have played all the teams. Not before.

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

Table shows we're one of the better teams in the league on 10:22 - Nov 5 with 1997 viewsSomethingBlue

Table shows we're one of the better teams in the league on 10:17 - Nov 5 by bournemouthblue

We do look like flat track bullies

We seem a bit one dimensional against the better sides who more often than not have two big centre backs who nullify our hoof play

A bit reductive — big centre-halves abound lower down the division too! We have talented, skilful forwards who have clicked against teams lower down. We now need to be more clinical — and solid — against the others and I suspect having a fit midfield, if and when we ever do, will help greatly.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Table shows we're one of the better teams in the league on 10:27 - Nov 5 with 1984 viewsCurrie10

You would imagine so, however many are a lot happier on here when we lose so they can ' tell us so, Mick's a dinosaur, Evans this Evans that, we're not playing the Ipswich way, we've only beaten crap, games in hand don't count ' and plenty other positive thinking.

People expect us to play sexy footy, entertain, be top 6 with a tiny transfer budget, other clubs ala Wendy having players like Rhodes on £45K a week plus.

I forgot it's 1998 and we're a big fish in a league with the likes of Crewe/ Oxford/ Swindon/ Bury/ Port Vale Crewe Alexandra and many other sides that didn't have a prayer to compete back then........... OH.

Other fans I have spoken to in this league are all pretty much in agreement Mick has done a fantastic job over time. Yes, last season was toilet, however every other season he's been with us he's done alright!? Other pundits say the same, managers say the same...........

Many on here would happily drive him to his next club.

One even suggested, we sack him, and bring in the manager just sacked at Sunderland who has them absolutely flying with a midfield far superior to ours!?

I just really cannot understand the mindset at times.

Yes, it's far from perfect. Yes, there are many an issue I am far from happy about. However - the front four are all scoring goals. Celina is clear as day going to keep his place and it's a case of getting the four of them into a system that works.

We've finally got a back four that he'll go with for the season.

We have Huws to add to the jigsaw

You never know, get behind the team this season and you just might enjoy yourself a little more?
Table shows we're one of the better teams in the league on 10:30 - Nov 5 with 1976 viewsDyland

Table shows we're one of the better teams in the league on 10:22 - Nov 5 by SomethingBlue

A bit reductive — big centre-halves abound lower down the division too! We have talented, skilful forwards who have clicked against teams lower down. We now need to be more clinical — and solid — against the others and I suspect having a fit midfield, if and when we ever do, will help greatly.

In essence Bourners is right though. The key is Huws/Adeyemi. And in reference to the other posts on this, I'd honestly rather rotating Nydam and Downes into the mix with Skuse dropping out, in the hypothetical world of all five of these CMs being fit.

Skuse. Decent player. But we need to be consistently bringing the younger ones into the first team if they are to progress. It's a tough one to get right and the biggest underlying doubt I have re the current management.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Table shows we're one of the better teams in the league on 10:35 - Nov 5 with 1965 viewsDarth_Koont

Table shows we're one of the better teams in the league on 09:42 - Nov 5 by textbackup

1 - nobody has ever been anti the team
2 - nobody organised a protest

1. So the vocal minority who have booed and chanted are just anti-MM and not anti the team? It doesn't work like that.

2. I didn't say anyone had protested. Some people have tried to get them started though. A couple of threads on here in the past week alone.

Table shows we're one of the better teams in the league on 10:36 - Nov 5 with 1965 viewsMullet

Table shows we're one of the better teams in the league on 10:30 - Nov 5 by Dyland

In essence Bourners is right though. The key is Huws/Adeyemi. And in reference to the other posts on this, I'd honestly rather rotating Nydam and Downes into the mix with Skuse dropping out, in the hypothetical world of all five of these CMs being fit.

Skuse. Decent player. But we need to be consistently bringing the younger ones into the first team if they are to progress. It's a tough one to get right and the biggest underlying doubt I have re the current management.

Skuse shouldn't be relied on week in week out and because he has for three years it's cost us and him his reputation.

Look against Norwich, again this weekend, puts his body on the line consistently because there's a need to. Partnered with Douglas because we had no one else, Bru has had a chance now to get himself in the shop window too.

The same happened with the back four in 2014/15 and people seem to just forget what a toll it takes being in the spine of a team in this league and play 40+ games a season. I said this summer I'd like to see Skuse-Adeyemi-Huws for most away games, and had we had that against Fulham I think we'd have got a result.

We have a lot of different weapons an flexibility when everyone is fit, but are so far off that again it's never going to be seen. The emergence of the two kids is fantastic, but like Bishop needed, they should be playing parts of games not settled runs right now.

Another year and Skuse should potentially have a more continental style use of seeing out games and dropping into the side where necessary.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Table shows we're one of the better teams in the league on 10:42 - Nov 5 with 1946 viewsBinner

Table shows we're one of the better teams in the league on 10:15 - Nov 5 by Mullet

Which proves your own logic to be stupid doesn't it? When you beat teams they tend to move down the table and you tend to move up. And vice versa.

These invented stats to try and put a negative spin on everything are tedious. Is it Trump's influence? Will Mick McCarthy lose his job because of Russian plants?

...watch out Mick. The Dagestanian spleenworts are after you...

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

Table shows we're one of the better teams in the league on 10:57 - Nov 5 with 1922 viewstextbackup

Table shows we're one of the better teams in the league on 10:35 - Nov 5 by Darth_Koont

1. So the vocal minority who have booed and chanted are just anti-MM and not anti the team? It doesn't work like that.

2. I didn't say anyone had protested. Some people have tried to get them started though. A couple of threads on here in the past week alone.

Of course it's just anti MM. Not one person I've spoken to has been down on the players, have you seen that on here? The players are still getting songs in support, as is the club, just not the manager

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Login to get fewer ads

Table shows we're one of the better teams in the league on 11:00 - Nov 5 with 1912 viewsDarth_Koont

Table shows we're one of the better teams in the league on 10:57 - Nov 5 by textbackup

Of course it's just anti MM. Not one person I've spoken to has been down on the players, have you seen that on here? The players are still getting songs in support, as is the club, just not the manager

But the team and the manager are the same thing in the players eyes and ears. They're a team that play for each other and the manager so how else will they interpret a chant of "Mick McCarthy. Your football is sh!t"?

Table shows we're one of the better teams in the league on 11:03 - Nov 5 with 1898 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Table shows we're one of the better teams in the league on 18:16 - Nov 4 by Herbivore

Yeah but Dino-Mick booooooooooo!!!!!

*Dino Muck

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Table shows we're one of the better teams in the league on 11:05 - Nov 5 with 1892 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Table shows we're one of the better teams in the league on 09:58 - Nov 5 by textbackup

I still can't help but think until we beat someone of note that we are destined for 12-14th, however if we start taking points off the top teams (even turning the losses into draws, and I'll start to believe this might not be a totally pointless season

He said the B word!!!!

How long until it's in full capitals with an explanation mark Texters?

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Table shows we're one of the better teams in the league on 11:08 - Nov 5 with 1878 viewsDyland

Table shows we're one of the better teams in the league on 11:00 - Nov 5 by Darth_Koont

But the team and the manager are the same thing in the players eyes and ears. They're a team that play for each other and the manager so how else will they interpret a chant of "Mick McCarthy. Your football is sh!t"?

That's the problem with those chants during the game. I think Texters is right and although some of our more moronic fans love a scapegoat I'll take the football is sh1te chant at face value as a criticism of McCarthy's tactics. Problem is, it can only negatively affect the team, whether that is the intention or not. Which makes it cringeworthy and irritating when you're at the game and above all else re thoughts on Mick, the vast majority still want the team to win.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Table shows we're one of the better teams in the league on 11:16 - Nov 5 with 1851 viewsDarth_Koont

Table shows we're one of the better teams in the league on 11:08 - Nov 5 by Dyland

That's the problem with those chants during the game. I think Texters is right and although some of our more moronic fans love a scapegoat I'll take the football is sh1te chant at face value as a criticism of McCarthy's tactics. Problem is, it can only negatively affect the team, whether that is the intention or not. Which makes it cringeworthy and irritating when you're at the game and above all else re thoughts on Mick, the vast majority still want the team to win.

Agreed. I also believe people think it's criticism of Mick not the team and they still want the team to win. It's the negative effect that I care about.

And actually I think it affects Mick the least of all so it's pretty self-defeating.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024