Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea introduce a gender-neutral title prefix for supporters 07:31 - Nov 24 with 15867 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

What a crazy world we live in

This post has been edited by an administrator

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

on 20:41 - Nov 24 with 2280 views_

Did I miss a thread on this yesterday? on 20:31 - Nov 24 by The_Romford_Blue

I can't be the only one thinking that that's just completely unnecessary and utterly ridiculous?

Did I miss a thread on this yesterday? on 21:07 - Nov 24 with 2265 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Did I miss a thread on this yesterday? on 20:39 - Nov 24 by J2BLUE

Careful now Rommers

You surely don't think that example you gave isn't just a tad unnecessary? There's just no need

Of course it's not the fault of transgender or 'gender neautral' people's fault. I wonder if they find stuff like the example you've given above as ridiculous as well. I'm sure they would.

Did I miss a thread on this yesterday? on 21:12 - Nov 24 with 2257 viewsJ2BLUE

Did I miss a thread on this yesterday? on 21:07 - Nov 24 by The_Romford_Blue

You surely don't think that example you gave isn't just a tad unnecessary? There's just no need

Of course it's not the fault of transgender or 'gender neautral' people's fault. I wonder if they find stuff like the example you've given above as ridiculous as well. I'm sure they would.

I absolutely agree. I just meant you can't post things like that without getting attacked.

I also dislike how they've given the word history a false meaning. It's not his story.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Did I miss a thread on this yesterday? on 21:17 - Nov 24 with 2247 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Did I miss a thread on this yesterday? on 21:12 - Nov 24 by J2BLUE

I absolutely agree. I just meant you can't post things like that without getting attacked.

I also dislike how they've given the word history a false meaning. It's not his story.

Oh I see. Thought you had disagreed that it was unnecessary for a second there.

Did I miss a thread on this yesterday? on 22:57 - Nov 24 with 2208 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Did I miss a thread on this yesterday? on 10:01 - Nov 24 by Lord_Lucan

Same same.

These days people just love to find something to be offended by. Older generations are more level headed because they have had to deal with real issues like world wars.

I hate modern football and I hate modern life.

The only people offended here are people confused by a small change which makes a minority more comfortable.

Poll: Best Football Song

Did I miss a thread on this yesterday? on 23:37 - Nov 24 with 2168 viewsSuperfrans

Did I miss a thread on this yesterday? on 21:12 - Nov 24 by J2BLUE

And yet......

No attack.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Did I miss a thread on this yesterday? on 08:10 - Nov 25 with 2106 viewsAxeldalai_lama

Did I miss a thread on this yesterday? on 11:31 - Nov 24 by The_Romford_Blue

It doesn't affect me at all but it's just a strange thing for a football club to make a story about as though it's news.

So it doesn't affect you, but you think it's strange to bring it up "as though its news"?
Football clubs bring up links from anything from ginsters pasties to wickes tiles, for example, yet I don't see that being brought up.
I get you find it strange, I don't claim to fully understand it, but don't bring in the "it's not newsworthy thing as cover.
Did I miss a thread on this yesterday? on 12:21 - Nov 25 with 2059 viewsconnorscontract

Did I miss a thread on this yesterday? on 11:53 - Nov 24 by FrimleyBlue

Ok i'll ask a question, don't shoot me down for this

BUT.

at what point did we begin to have such an increase in people realising they aren't the gender they were meant to be?

schools now letting boys become girls and letting them sleep in girl borden schools etc

How has it suddenly become such a big thing?

I know my Nan and granddad would be confused as hell about all this.

Now this isn't a rant, i have no issue with what ever anyone wants to be inlife. but it just seems like it's suddenly become a thing that needs to be advertised heavily.

It's an interesting world.

children singing bah bah small sheep, we now have chalk boards. easter eggs no longer easter eggs, we now have december plays, not christmas performances, and people being offended by being called a female when they're a man dressed and changed into a female, but wants to be know as mx. How does this effect things like toilets? Do an MX go into a female toilet or male toilet, or will we now see new toilets being created for MX people.
[Post edited 24 Nov 2017 12:00]

It has been happening for centuries. Several Shakespeare plays have plots involving cross-dressing or gender-role comfusion, for example.

If you want to understand a bit more then you could watch the Eddie Redmayne film "The Danish Girl".

The problem is that people of my generation (born in the 70's) were taught to respond to it with ridicule and derision. Even comedy as recent as "The League of Genetlemen" features a transitioning cabbie, Babs, where the main joke is that she is very hairy but "trying to pass as" female. And that's co-written by Mark Gatiss, a gay man who is now one of the liberal metropolitan-elite and a pre-eminent cultural influencer.
Login to get fewer ads

Did I miss a thread on this yesterday? on 12:42 - Nov 25 with 2037 viewsRyorry

Did I miss a thread on this yesterday? on 13:06 - Nov 24 by Bluebell

I have often wondered why was there always Mr. for a man whether he is married or not and Mrs. or Miss for a woman? Master could be used but never is for a single man.

I know there is Ms. for women but most people are addressed by either Miss or Mrs.

Now we are throwing Mx into the equation and pronounced MIx. Is that because they think people involved are mixed up? I would be more insulted being called that than nothing at all!

I agree with your first two paras, but what some on here seem to be overlooking is that many people (including me) prefer our gender not to be known a) for security reasons b) because it means we will become a target for the marketing of a whole range of stuff we don't want c) because some people and companies would, despite it being 2017, still rate a male above a female when it comes to job applications, however equally well qualified and experienced the applicants may be.

I often put 'Mr' on online forms, precisely to deflect the problems arising from a b & c above. Would very much welcome a 'Mx', despite being fairly firmly female!

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Did I miss a thread on this yesterday? on 14:09 - Nov 25 with 2004 viewsJ2BLUE

Did I miss a thread on this yesterday? on 23:37 - Nov 24 by Superfrans

And yet......

No attack.

Because he approached the subject like one wrong word would trigger a bomb. Plus I often put 'I know i'll be attacked for this but' if i'm saying anything remotely controversial because it usually means the usual suspects don't bother.

I suspect the ultimate goal of some is to have conventional wisdom changed to having kids raised 'gender neutral' until they are old enough to decide for themselves what they are. For them it would be the ultimate form of progress. To others it's seen as a massive (and unnecessary) overreaction to a problem that seems quite small for those who are looking on from a distance. Just FYI, please don't assume i'm in the second camp. I'm merely pointing out that there is a lack of understanding (including my understanding) amongst a lot of people who have never has close dealings with this sort of things. To them (us?), suddenly seeing things like this, choosing your own pronouns and the concept of gender being something you choose for yourself is a major change. We've seen in the past on here that raising any 'negative' points does tend to attract a lot of criticism.

Feels like i've rambled on but i'm trying to make sure people know this post isn't meant in a negative spirit, isn't transphobic, doesn't set out to attack anyone going though things and feeling emotions I will never truly understand etc.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2017 14:10]

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

on 16:48 - Nov 25 with 1953 views_

Did I miss a thread on this yesterday? on 14:09 - Nov 25 by J2BLUE

Because he approached the subject like one wrong word would trigger a bomb. Plus I often put 'I know i'll be attacked for this but' if i'm saying anything remotely controversial because it usually means the usual suspects don't bother.

I suspect the ultimate goal of some is to have conventional wisdom changed to having kids raised 'gender neutral' until they are old enough to decide for themselves what they are. For them it would be the ultimate form of progress. To others it's seen as a massive (and unnecessary) overreaction to a problem that seems quite small for those who are looking on from a distance. Just FYI, please don't assume i'm in the second camp. I'm merely pointing out that there is a lack of understanding (including my understanding) amongst a lot of people who have never has close dealings with this sort of things. To them (us?), suddenly seeing things like this, choosing your own pronouns and the concept of gender being something you choose for yourself is a major change. We've seen in the past on here that raising any 'negative' points does tend to attract a lot of criticism.

Feels like i've rambled on but i'm trying to make sure people know this post isn't meant in a negative spirit, isn't transphobic, doesn't set out to attack anyone going though things and feeling emotions I will never truly understand etc.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2017 14:10]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024