Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I take it that the thicko's on here slating Sears 09:27 - Nov 24 with 6508 viewsWadeyBlue

Also slated Counago during his time(s) at the town??

Thats of course if they are old enough to remember him.

Poll: In our multicultural society and ever changing world should we offer halal food?

I take it that the thicko's on here slating Sears on 09:41 - Nov 24 with 5671 viewstextbackup

Massive difference between the two in teams of quality. Thickos probably can't see that

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

You appear to be old enough.... on 09:46 - Nov 24 with 5648 viewsBloots

....to be going senile.

Sears is crap.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

I take it that the thicko's on here slating Sears on 09:49 - Nov 24 with 5648 viewschicoazul

Nobody is thick for slating Sears, who is a rubbish footballer. Perfectly nice guy of course and a good pro, the sort of person Managers in general love. Low maintenance. Just no good.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

I take it that the thicko's on here slating Sears on 09:50 - Nov 24 with 5645 viewsusm

Did you just compare Sears to Pablo ???

Oh dear...

FOYSC
Poll: Did Broad just get a hat trick without realising ?

I take it that the thicko's on here slating Sears on 10:03 - Nov 24 with 5642 viewshomer_123

Sears - pacey, quick, direct, works hard

Sears - doesn't look up, can't hit a barn door from 2 yards, struggling for form (taking this week in isolation, should have squared it for Celina, was at fault for the equaliser).

At best, at the moment, he's a squad player/ sub to bring on when opposition are tired.

I'd never question his commitment or effort. I also think he's been fantastic value for money for us as well but, for whatever reasons, he's not the player he was when he joined us - which is a shame.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

on 10:07 - Nov 24 with 5610 views_

I take it that the thicko's on here slating Sears on 10:03 - Nov 24 by homer_123

Sears - pacey, quick, direct, works hard

Sears - doesn't look up, can't hit a barn door from 2 yards, struggling for form (taking this week in isolation, should have squared it for Celina, was at fault for the equaliser).

At best, at the moment, he's a squad player/ sub to bring on when opposition are tired.

I'd never question his commitment or effort. I also think he's been fantastic value for money for us as well but, for whatever reasons, he's not the player he was when he joined us - which is a shame.

I take it that the thicko's on here slating Sears on 10:13 - Nov 24 with 5598 viewsWoodsFriesRice

The thicko's what?

Poll: Which of these players (in their prime) would most help our present team?

I take it that the thicko's on here slating Sears on 10:15 - Nov 24 with 5587 viewshype313

That's.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Login to get fewer ads

I take it that the thicko's on here slating Sears on 10:19 - Nov 24 with 5578 viewsfactual_blue

I take it that the thicko's on here slating Sears on 10:13 - Nov 24 by WoodsFriesRice

The thicko's what?

The thicko's potato's, at a guess.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

I take it that the thicko's on here slating Sears on 10:25 - Nov 24 with 5562 viewsWoodsFriesRice

I take it that the thicko's on here slating Sears on 10:19 - Nov 24 by factual_blue

The thicko's potato's, at a guess.

Sears' ears or Sears' ears or Sears's ears?
Slating's ears?
Here's lating's ears

Either way, he has turned into a bit of a lost soul living in a fishbowl.

(fish's bowl? fishes' bowl? Sears's fishes' bowl?)

Poll: Which of these players (in their prime) would most help our present team?

I take it that the thicko's on here slating Sears on 10:28 - Nov 24 with 5551 viewsmonty_radio

I take it that the thicko's on here slating Sears on 10:25 - Nov 24 by WoodsFriesRice

Sears' ears or Sears' ears or Sears's ears?
Slating's ears?
Here's lating's ears

Either way, he has turned into a bit of a lost soul living in a fishbowl.

(fish's bowl? fishes' bowl? Sears's fishes' bowl?)

Why did Woods have fried rice?

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

I take it that the thicko's on here slating Sears on 10:32 - Nov 24 with 5551 viewsWadeyBlue

Wow, I thought i might get 1 or 2 of the clueless posters replying to this thread but to get just about all of them is a bonus.

Poll: In our multicultural society and ever changing world should we offer halal food?

You realise that you've literally.... on 10:35 - Nov 24 with 5526 viewsBloots

I take it that the thicko's on here slating Sears on 10:32 - Nov 24 by WadeyBlue

Wow, I thought i might get 1 or 2 of the clueless posters replying to this thread but to get just about all of them is a bonus.

....just replied to yourself.

Don't you?

Clueless.

You realise that you've literally.... on 10:43 - Nov 24 with 5523 viewsPopeadrian64

You realise that you've literally.... on 10:35 - Nov 24 by Bloots

....just replied to yourself.

Don't you?

Clueless.

calling people Thickos is insulting enough. A forum is about discussion and comment, but there are fewer and fewer posters these days as people are over stepping the mark and making it an 'ungentlemanly' site. I have always enjoyed reading TWTDs, it pass's the working day but it is getting rather childish/tiresome now....
I take it that the thicko's on here slating Sears on 10:51 - Nov 24 with 5506 viewsfactual_blue

I take it that the thicko's on here slating Sears on 10:28 - Nov 24 by monty_radio

Why did Woods have fried rice?

1978 Cup Final banner.

'Woods Fries Rice'.

I take it that the thicko's on here slating Sears on 10:53 - Nov 24 with 5502 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Yes, they are incredibly similar players, after all

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

I take it that the thicko's on here slating Sears on 10:55 - Nov 24 with 5492 viewsfactual_blue

I take it that the thicko's on here slating Sears on 10:32 - Nov 24 by WadeyBlue

You realise you keep demonstrating you're a 'thicko', don't you?

I take it that the thicko's on here slating Sears on 10:56 - Nov 24 with 5496 viewsbaxterbasics

As has no doubt been pointed out many a time, Sears has been playing in the wrong position for longer than I can remember. So I have some sympathy with him.

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

I take it that the thicko's on here slating Sears on 11:04 - Nov 24 with 5463 viewsGuthrum

I take it that the thicko's on here slating Sears on 10:56 - Nov 24 by baxterbasics

As has no doubt been pointed out many a time, Sears has been playing in the wrong position for longer than I can remember. So I have some sympathy with him.

I'm not so sure any more. Think he has probably been used in the best position - more of a wide role, utilised for his pace and ability to dribble more than five yards without grinding to a halt - rather than as a pure striker, given his lack of confidence/decisionmaking in front of goal.

That's not to say it isn't good to have him in the squad. After all, almost nobody else has shown themselves capable of running at defences.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

on 11:09 - Nov 24 with 5453 views_

Modern footballers need to be able..... on 11:22 - Nov 24 with 5432 viewsBloots

I take it that the thicko's on here slating Sears on 10:56 - Nov 24 by baxterbasics

....to play in more than one position.

Particularly if they are at a club with little depth or quality to the squad.

He's not good enough for a team that is going to seriously challenge for promotion.

....but we can't afford anything better unfortunately.

I take it that the thicko's on here slating Sears on 11:31 - Nov 24 with 5412 viewshomer_123

I take it that the thicko's on here slating Sears on 11:04 - Nov 24 by Guthrum

I'm not so sure any more. Think he has probably been used in the best position - more of a wide role, utilised for his pace and ability to dribble more than five yards without grinding to a halt - rather than as a pure striker, given his lack of confidence/decisionmaking in front of goal.

That's not to say it isn't good to have him in the squad. After all, almost nobody else has shown themselves capable of running at defences.

He has pace and can run at defenders.....he should be the sort of players that defenders hate playing against and, as you say, we don't currently have anyone else that direct/ quick.

It's not really working for him though is it?

As I mentioned below, he's a squad player at best at the moment - a real shame when you consider the standard he set when he joined us.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

I take it that the thicko's on here slating Sears on 11:32 - Nov 24 with 5409 viewspoppiesman

Although Sears gave the ball away, they still had 90 yards to go before they reached our goal, to solely blame Sears for conceding the goal is indeed wrong. The keeper should have come out and punched it, the ball was in the air long enough and only 5 yards out when it was headed in past a rooted to is line keeper.
I take it that the thicko's on here slating Sears on 11:37 - Nov 24 with 5393 viewsGuthrum

I take it that the thicko's on here slating Sears on 11:31 - Nov 24 by homer_123

He has pace and can run at defenders.....he should be the sort of players that defenders hate playing against and, as you say, we don't currently have anyone else that direct/ quick.

It's not really working for him though is it?

As I mentioned below, he's a squad player at best at the moment - a real shame when you consider the standard he set when he joined us.

Part of the problem is that when you only have one of that kind of player, defenders can gang up on him. Then his slightly slower colleagues don't arrive in support, giving options for a pass, until it's too late.

It's also something best produced off the bench within the final half-hour of a game, once defenders have tired and the opposition have used up their subs.

Plus if we're playing a "front four" of Celina, McGoldrick, Garner and Waghorn, there's no spare slot for a fast winger until one of the aforemetioned goes off.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

I take it that the thicko's on here slating Sears on 12:32 - Nov 24 with 5327 viewsDarth_Koont

A combination of Sears and Counago would give each of them what they lack - and basically you'd have Aguero.

So don't see the same people slating them for the reason that they're alost completely different players apart from the fact they're both forwards.

Pronouns: He/Him

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024