Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The first thing a new manager would complete 06:33 - Jan 3 with 6337 viewsimsureazzure

is the signing of two full backs, something that MM has failed to address, MM is becoming a bit emperors new clothes, talking the talk with regard to defending but actuals getting worse.

Time for new eyes and methods.
The first thing a new manager would complete on 06:34 - Jan 3 with 5558 viewsElderGrizzly

Knudsen has been one of our better players this season, so seems a but harsh?
The first thing a new manager would complete on 06:49 - Jan 3 with 5530 viewsimsureazzure

The first thing a new manager would complete on 06:34 - Jan 3 by ElderGrizzly

Knudsen has been one of our better players this season, so seems a but harsh?

Decent going forward, defending not good enough.
The first thing a new manager would complete on 07:03 - Jan 3 with 5496 viewssotd78

With what money?

Blue shirts/white shorts - sotd78

The first thing a new manager would complete on 07:17 - Jan 3 with 5470 viewsGiveusaWave

Er...what about the need for a centre-back?

Poll: If we sign one player in the Jan window....

The first thing a new manager would complete on 07:22 - Jan 3 with 5457 viewsITFC_Forever

We’ve been ok at LB - Cresswell, Mings and Knudsen (who has been one of our better players this season).

I agree re; RB and we are missing not replacing Berra.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

The first thing a new manager would complete on 07:26 - Jan 3 with 5458 viewsJohnny_Boy

What about a manager with the technical nous (and conviction) to experiment with 3 at the back?

Seems like the regimented 4 isn't working.
The first thing a new manager would complete on 07:28 - Jan 3 with 5439 viewsCoastalblue

The first thing a new manager would complete on 07:03 - Jan 3 by sotd78

With what money?

Anybody coming in is likely to be given a small budget at the least, and if not it would be raised through player sales.
It's likely a new manager would look at what we have and decide to tear up the defence, or lack of and start again, build from the back, solid base, solid spine, see where you are.
Precisely what you would expect MM to be doing in reality.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

(No subject) (n/t) on 07:40 - Jan 3 with 5409 viewsBloomBlue

The first thing a new manager would complete on 07:28 - Jan 3 by Coastalblue

Anybody coming in is likely to be given a small budget at the least, and if not it would be raised through player sales.
It's likely a new manager would look at what we have and decide to tear up the defence, or lack of and start again, build from the back, solid base, solid spine, see where you are.
Precisely what you would expect MM to be doing in reality.

Login to get fewer ads

The first thing a new manager would complete on 08:18 - Jan 3 with 5350 viewsJ2BLUE

Which two decent full backs would you sign with a budget of about £200k?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

The first thing a new manager would complete on 08:22 - Jan 3 with 5345 viewsKieran_Knows

The first thing a new manager would complete on 08:18 - Jan 3 by J2BLUE

Thing is, it can be done if you have a decent scouting system or plan in place. Huddersfield picked up a lot of free transfers and bargain signings from the 2nd division in Germany last season, the majority of them worked out (see their promotion), 2 or 3 others didn't.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

The first thing a new manager would complete on 08:28 - Jan 3 with 5328 viewsJohnny_Boy

The first thing a new manager would complete on 08:22 - Jan 3 by Kieran_Knows

Thing is, it can be done if you have a decent scouting system or plan in place. Huddersfield picked up a lot of free transfers and bargain signings from the 2nd division in Germany last season, the majority of them worked out (see their promotion), 2 or 3 others didn't.

Didn't PNE pick up 2 released players (Josh Harrop & Ben Pearson) from Man Utd for free?

There are players to be picked up for nominal (and free) amounts.

Any implication to suggest there isn't/wasn't anyone out there available is a perpetuating myth.
One of Mick's much lauded expressions if I remember correctly.

[Post edited 3 Jan 2018 8:45]
The first thing a new manager would complete on 08:30 - Jan 3 with 5314 viewsKieran_Knows

The first thing a new manager would complete on 08:28 - Jan 3 by Johnny_Boy

Didn't PNE pick up 2 released players (Josh Harrop & Ben Pearson) from Man Utd for free?

Any implication to suggest there isn't/wasn't anyone out there available is a perpetuating myth.

PNE have seemed to recruited well in the last 12 months. Pretty much 'hoovered' up all the best talents over in Irish football, as well as picking up youngsters from the likes of United as you have mentioned (Harrop and also Ben Pearson who ran the show here a few weeks ago).

It's not just Mick though, the whole club needs some sort of structure to it (like Huddersfield or Brentford) and I think until we get that right, whatever manager comes in will always have one hand tied behind his back (although we may play better football).

The first thing a new manager would complete on 08:40 - Jan 3 with 5284 viewsJohnny_Boy

The first thing a new manager would complete on 08:30 - Jan 3 by Kieran_Knows

PNE have seemed to recruited well in the last 12 months. Pretty much 'hoovered' up all the best talents over in Irish football, as well as picking up youngsters from the likes of United as you have mentioned (Harrop and also Ben Pearson who ran the show here a few weeks ago).

It's not just Mick though, the whole club needs some sort of structure to it (like Huddersfield or Brentford) and I think until we get that right, whatever manager comes in will always have one hand tied behind his back (although we may play better football).

Whilst not putting the boot into Mick totally, the location of PNE must almost certainly be a draw too. Makes selling the club a bit easier to a player from a Northern team.

Always struggled to understand why we don't cherry-pick more loan youngsters from the London clubs. There clearly is an abundance of them.
The first thing a new manager would complete on 08:41 - Jan 3 with 5286 viewsimsureazzure

The first thing a new manager would complete on 08:18 - Jan 3 by J2BLUE

I'm not a professional football manager and no access to a vast scouting network, the reason we are 2 points better off than this time last year is that we have two new strikers, we needed those last year, MM believed we didn't, he was wrong the crowd were right.
The first thing a new manager would complete on 08:41 - Jan 3 with 5286 viewsDairyblue88

The first thing a new manager would complete on 08:28 - Jan 3 by Johnny_Boy

1,. Josh Harrop is not a lb and he doesn't start for Preston

2. The full backs are not the reason we average 30-40% possession and that any decent quick attack strolls through the center of our defence and midfield

3. We got better results playing 3 at the back
The first thing a new manager would complete on 08:42 - Jan 3 with 5280 viewsSteve_M

The first thing a new manager would complete on 08:41 - Jan 3 by imsureazzure

I'm not a professional football manager and no access to a vast scouting network, the reason we are 2 points better off than this time last year is that we have two new strikers, we needed those last year, MM believed we didn't, he was wrong the crowd were right.

Do you genuinely believe MM didn't want to replace Murphy?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

The first thing a new manager would complete on 08:45 - Jan 3 with 5259 viewsimsureazzure

The first thing a new manager would complete on 08:42 - Jan 3 by Steve_M

He was prepared not to.
The first thing a new manager would complete on 08:52 - Jan 3 with 5240 viewsJohnny_Boy

The first thing a new manager would complete on 08:41 - Jan 3 by Dairyblue88

1,. Josh Harrop is not a lb and he doesn't start for Preston

2. The full backs are not the reason we average 30-40% possession and that any decent quick attack strolls through the center of our defence and midfield

3. We got better results playing 3 at the back

Yes. Apologies. He's a midfielder/ FWD - but has been used as a wingback.
He's also played 22 games for PNE this season.

I'd have assumed our lack of possession is down to playing 2 midfielders in our bastardised 4-2-4 / 4-2-3-1 formation.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2018 8:55]
The first thing a new manager would complete on 08:54 - Jan 3 with 5222 viewsJohnny_Boy

The first thing a new manager would complete on 08:42 - Jan 3 by Steve_M

What was his reasoning for playing Chambers out of position for such a ridiculous amount of time?
The first thing a new manager would complete on 09:08 - Jan 3 with 5185 viewsRegencyBlue

The first thing a new manager would complete on 08:54 - Jan 3 by Johnny_Boy

What was his reasoning for playing Chambers out of position for such a ridiculous amount of time?

Not just Chambers either.

MM has completely ruined Sears by playing him out of position.
The first thing a new manager would complete on 09:10 - Jan 3 with 5177 viewsKieran_Knows

We did make the play-offs with him at RB though.

The first thing a new manager would complete on 09:10 - Jan 3 with 5175 viewsimsureazzure

To try and prove that he knows best and that fans views are inferior?

He was wrong.
The first thing a new manager would complete on 09:18 - Jan 3 with 5162 viewsFrimleyBlue

Sad to say but I think it's a lot worse than we think

Injuries are a massive issue at present let alone player form.

For me, should we lose Bart, we are on a hiding to nothing.

I don't know any keeper within our budget who could replace Bart and pull of the saves he's made and won us points. That's one of my biggest concerns.

100% I believe, should Bart be sold during this window. we will end up in the bottom 3

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

The first thing a new manager would complete on 09:35 - Jan 3 with 5137 viewsMullet

The first thing a new manager would complete on 07:26 - Jan 3 by Johnny_Boy

What about a manager with the technical nous (and conviction) to experiment with 3 at the back?

Seems like the regimented 4 isn't working.

You mean the way he did a year ago, and his critics took credit for that too when it scraped a couple of draws and we won at Villa? Then still rounded on him for being a dinosaur and not winning enough games at the end of the season?

Do you just constantly say stuff these days Jubbers, or just not follow us very closely?

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

The first thing a new manager would complete on 10:03 - Jan 3 with 5083 viewsJETPower

The first thing a new manager would complete on 09:18 - Jan 3 by FrimleyBlue

Sad to say but I think it's a lot worse than we think

Injuries are a massive issue at present let alone player form.

For me, should we lose Bart, we are on a hiding to nothing.

I don't know any keeper within our budget who could replace Bart and pull of the saves he's made and won us points. That's one of my biggest concerns.

100% I believe, should Bart be sold during this window. we will end up in the bottom 3

'100%'
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024