Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hasn't it been asserted on here that it is Mick's decision to sell players? 16:33 - Jan 5 with 5946 viewsGunnsAirkick

It certainly doesn't appear to be the case now or when McGoldrick was bid on by Leicester a few years ago.

From today:

"Bart and Didzy is another matter. Goodness knows that would be a real blow. None of us are wanting to lose them and I can’t do anything about it. I can’t do anything about being asked about it. If somebody comes in it’ll be discussed and decided."

After the McGoldrick bid in 2014:

"He says the decision will be owner Evans’s and not his: “If one does go, that won’t be down to me that will be down to what Leicester are bidding and what Marcus decides is the right [price]."

It is very worrying if we lose both those players and it looks likely they won't be effectively replaced this window. The season is pretty much written off anyway but that really will do it, I know we have to sell to cover our losses but it is so utterly depressing and if it isn't evidence than Evans is merely trading water I don't know what is.

It also shows that whilst Mick isn't blameless for the poor tactics, etc, over the last couple of seasons he is perhaps more hamstrung than some would like to admit.
Hasn't it been asserted on here that it is Mick's decision to sell players? on 16:36 - Jan 5 with 5930 viewschicoazul

I think Mick decides what his position is e.g. sell Mings, keep McG and then has to sell that position to Evans who in general seems happy to go with his Manager.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Hasn't it been asserted on here that it is Mick's decision to sell players? on 16:38 - Jan 5 with 5914 viewsGunnsAirkick

Hasn't it been asserted on here that it is Mick's decision to sell players? on 16:36 - Jan 5 by chicoazul

I think Mick decides what his position is e.g. sell Mings, keep McG and then has to sell that position to Evans who in general seems happy to go with his Manager.

I think in some instances (Moore being a good example actually) it probably is down to him.

The way he has spoken about Bart and McGoldrick though, he sounds rather p*ssed off about it to me.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2018 16:39]
Hasn't it been asserted on here that it is Mick's decision to sell players? on 16:41 - Jan 5 with 5917 viewsGeoffSentence

What did he meean by this in the Bart story

'“Nobody can buy my house without my say-so or me and the missus anyway. It’s no different,” the Blues boss added.'

Did he mean that Evan's owns ITFC , so it's up to him? Or did mean that no-one gets sold without Mick's say-so?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Hasn't it been asserted on here that it is Mick's decision to sell players? on 16:44 - Jan 5 with 5893 viewsGuthrum

Hasn't it been asserted on here that it is Mick's decision to sell players? on 16:36 - Jan 5 by chicoazul

Tho I can also see a scenario where Evans comes to McCarthy, says "We must raise this sum, who can we sell?" or "I've had an offer of this much for this player." and the Manager then has to argue who he can or cannot afford to lose.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Hasn't it been asserted on here that it is Mick's decision to sell players? on 16:44 - Jan 5 with 5890 viewsGuthrum

Hasn't it been asserted on here that it is Mick's decision to sell players? on 16:41 - Jan 5 by GeoffSentence

What did he meean by this in the Bart story

'“Nobody can buy my house without my say-so or me and the missus anyway. It’s no different,” the Blues boss added.'

Did he mean that Evan's owns ITFC , so it's up to him? Or did mean that no-one gets sold without Mick's say-so?

I thought the former.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Hasn't it been asserted on here that it is Mick's decision to sell players? on 16:54 - Jan 5 with 5862 viewschicoazul

Hasn't it been asserted on here that it is Mick's decision to sell players? on 16:44 - Jan 5 by Guthrum

Tho I can also see a scenario where Evans comes to McCarthy, says "We must raise this sum, who can we sell?" or "I've had an offer of this much for this player." and the Manager then has to argue who he can or cannot afford to lose.

Pretty much what i said, yes.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Hasn't it been asserted on here that it is Mick's decision to sell players? on 16:55 - Jan 5 with 5867 viewsTractorWood

This has cropped up occasionally during the Evans and MM era. No one actually knows who the final decision sits with. It's all clumbsy metaphors. I suspect it's Evans' call but he heavily involves MM. It's certainly not Milne.

I know that was then, but it could be again..
Poll: At present who do you think you'll vote for?

Hasn't it been asserted on here that it is Mick's decision to sell players? on 17:02 - Jan 5 with 5838 viewsSWGF

Hasn't it been asserted on here that it is Mick's decision to sell players? on 16:44 - Jan 5 by Guthrum

I thought the former.

Yeah, it was the former.

Poll: What constitutes "too many" when it comes to a daily intake of custard creams?
Blog: Mirroring the Last Rites of Keane's Reign

Login to get fewer ads

Hasn't it been asserted on here that it is Mick's decision to sell players? on 17:06 - Jan 5 with 5837 viewsitfcjoe

Hasn't it been asserted on here that it is Mick's decision to sell players? on 16:55 - Jan 5 by TractorWood

This has cropped up occasionally during the Evans and MM era. No one actually knows who the final decision sits with. It's all clumbsy metaphors. I suspect it's Evans' call but he heavily involves MM. It's certainly not Milne.

Yep, he'll obviously take Mick's point of view on board - but in the Moore situation if ME is getting offers of £750k and he asks Mick's opinion of him (that he won't be a regular starter) Evans will decide to sell him.

I'd guess Evans will have to justify (if that is the right word) his decision to sell regulars to Mick and there will be more of a conversation about it.

They clearly work closely together, but he who pays the piper calls the tune

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Hasn't it been asserted on here that it is Mick's decision to sell players? on 17:45 - Jan 5 with 5782 viewsPhilTWTD

I thought the former.

That was my take or more precisely that Bart is his to sell.
Hasn't it been asserted on here that it is Mick's decision to sell players? on 17:49 - Jan 5 with 5783 viewsPhilTWTD

Hasn't it been asserted on here that it is Mick's decision to sell players? on 16:55 - Jan 5 by TractorWood

I think it essentially works that the two of them will liaise on what a good price for a player is but ultimately it's ME's decision whether that bid should be accepted.

With McGoldrick, I think the £7m was seen as a decent deal by both - and MM fully expected him to go - but ME decided not to sell. Much the same with Mings the same month, the offer from Palace of £2.5m was decent enough at that point but MM said, I seem to recall, if he's here for a while longer he'll be worth more and ME similarly opted not to sell.
Hasn't it been asserted on here that it is Mick's decision to sell players? on 18:08 - Jan 5 with 5744 viewsRadlett_blue

Hasn't it been asserted on here that it is Mick's decision to sell players? on 17:49 - Jan 5 by PhilTWTD

I think it essentially works that the two of them will liaise on what a good price for a player is but ultimately it's ME's decision whether that bid should be accepted.

With McGoldrick, I think the £7m was seen as a decent deal by both - and MM fully expected him to go - but ME decided not to sell. Much the same with Mings the same month, the offer from Palace of £2.5m was decent enough at that point but MM said, I seem to recall, if he's here for a while longer he'll be worth more and ME similarly opted not to sell.

OK - transfers are one thing, but what about contracts? We had the Chambers situation last year, now we have McGoldrick & then it will be Bart & Skuse.
This can't be helped by the fog as to whether Mick will be here next season.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Hasn't it been asserted on here that it is Mick's decision to sell players? on 18:13 - Jan 5 with 5747 viewsPhilTWTD

Hasn't it been asserted on here that it is Mick's decision to sell players? on 18:08 - Jan 5 by Radlett_blue

OK - transfers are one thing, but what about contracts? We had the Chambers situation last year, now we have McGoldrick & then it will be Bart & Skuse.
This can't be helped by the fog as to whether Mick will be here next season.

Mick will advise, negotiations will then be started by ME, usually towards the end of the season/in the summer when an option has been taken up. I think there's a difference in how the club and players view the situation. The club will look at Skuse's situation, for example, as him having 18 months left, the player probably six. In the situation of MM probably leaving, I'd guess the options will be taken then new deals discussed once the new man has come in and assessed the staff. Whoever it is will probably want to keep the core senior players initially at least.
Hasn't it been asserted on here that it is Mick's decision to sell players? on 20:18 - Jan 5 with 5624 viewsIllinoisblue

Hasn't it been asserted on here that it is Mick's decision to sell players? on 18:13 - Jan 5 by PhilTWTD

Mick will advise, negotiations will then be started by ME, usually towards the end of the season/in the summer when an option has been taken up. I think there's a difference in how the club and players view the situation. The club will look at Skuse's situation, for example, as him having 18 months left, the player probably six. In the situation of MM probably leaving, I'd guess the options will be taken then new deals discussed once the new man has come in and assessed the staff. Whoever it is will probably want to keep the core senior players initially at least.

do you think it's almost certain that Mick will leave at the end of the season?

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Hasn't it been asserted on here that it is Mick's decision to sell players? on 20:58 - Jan 5 with 5589 viewsPhilTWTD

Hasn't it been asserted on here that it is Mick's decision to sell players? on 20:18 - Jan 5 by Illinoisblue

do you think it's almost certain that Mick will leave at the end of the season?

I don't see that it's in anyone's interest for him to stay.
Hasn't it been asserted on here that it is Mick's decision to sell players? on 23:32 - Jan 5 with 5484 viewsIllinoisblue

Hasn't it been asserted on here that it is Mick's decision to sell players? on 20:58 - Jan 5 by PhilTWTD

I don't see that it's in anyone's interest for him to stay.

A solid politician’s answer there! But yes, you are correct. The relationship is way too broken for it to continue. A change is gonna come.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Hasn't it been asserted on here that it is Mick's decision to sell players? on 23:43 - Jan 5 with 5474 viewsHerbivore

At no club anywhere does the manager have the final say on transfer dealings. He'll give a view, he'll advise on value but ultimately it's the owner who decides whether to buy or sell, it's their money and their assets after all.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Hasn't it been asserted on here that it is Mick's decision to sell players? on 23:54 - Jan 5 with 5456 viewstextbackup

Hasn't it been asserted on here that it is Mick's decision to sell players? on 23:32 - Jan 5 by Illinoisblue

A solid politician’s answer there! But yes, you are correct. The relationship is way too broken for it to continue. A change is gonna come.

We all have our ‘sources’ but from within the ITFC camp I hear he is 100% off, not confirmed by ME or MM but widely known it’s coming. He currently has no say in who goes (assume ME taking this on) and will only be given loans in Jan.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Hasn't it been asserted on here that it is Mick's decision to sell players? on 00:10 - Jan 6 with 5442 viewsElderGrizzly

Hasn't it been asserted on here that it is Mick's decision to sell players? on 23:54 - Jan 5 by textbackup

We all have our ‘sources’ but from within the ITFC camp I hear he is 100% off, not confirmed by ME or MM but widely known it’s coming. He currently has no say in who goes (assume ME taking this on) and will only be given loans in Jan.

Off in Jan or end of season?
Hasn't it been asserted on here that it is Mick's decision to sell players? on 04:14 - Jan 6 with 5376 viewstextbackup

Hasn't it been asserted on here that it is Mick's decision to sell players? on 00:10 - Jan 6 by ElderGrizzly

Off in Jan or end of season?

End of season.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Hasn't it been asserted on here that it is Mick's decision to sell players? on 04:28 - Jan 6 with 5374 viewsBenters2

Hasn't it been asserted on here that it is Mick's decision to sell players? on 04:14 - Jan 6 by textbackup

End of season.

What even if town finish in the top 10?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024