Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ear problems after flying? 15:50 - Jan 17 with 4918 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Anyone suffer with it? I usually do for about an hour but I have been almost completely deaf in my left ear for a week now. I was sick last week so I am sure that didn't but help but its very annoying must be a pressure thing, god knows.
Ear problems after flying? on 15:51 - Jan 17 with 4412 viewshype313

You're always ill.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Ear problems after flying? on 15:53 - Jan 17 with 4401 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Ear problems after flying? on 15:51 - Jan 17 by hype313

You're always ill.

Fake news but yes this winter has been a little bit rough
Ear problems after flying? on 16:05 - Jan 17 with 4374 viewsNewcyBlue

I have only once. Flew to Doha with Qatar and was next to the emergency exit. My ears were bad for a couple of weeks, I filled the swimming pool up and kept going under the water in there and blowing air out hard and it helped.

Was bloody painful too.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Ear problems after flying? on 16:07 - Jan 17 with 4365 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Ear problems after flying? on 16:05 - Jan 17 by NewcyBlue

I have only once. Flew to Doha with Qatar and was next to the emergency exit. My ears were bad for a couple of weeks, I filled the swimming pool up and kept going under the water in there and blowing air out hard and it helped.

Was bloody painful too.

No pain for me just deaf in left ear.

I fly very regularly and never had it like this. I did kind of get sick on my way back from Vegas and then was diverted all over the place because of weather, driving me insane though.
Ear problems after flying? on 16:24 - Jan 17 with 4345 viewsnc41

Ear problems after flying? on 16:07 - Jan 17 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

No pain for me just deaf in left ear.

I fly very regularly and never had it like this. I did kind of get sick on my way back from Vegas and then was diverted all over the place because of weather, driving me insane though.

Have you tried squeezing your nose and trying to blow through it? It usually solves the pressure issue.
Ear problems after flying? on 16:27 - Jan 17 with 4339 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Ear problems after flying? on 16:24 - Jan 17 by nc41

Have you tried squeezing your nose and trying to blow through it? It usually solves the pressure issue.

YES
Ear problems after flying? on 16:33 - Jan 17 with 4328 viewsSpruceMoose

Ear problems after flying? on 16:27 - Jan 17 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

YES

What about digging around in there with a pencil? Something might have got stuck.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Ear problems after flying? on 16:38 - Jan 17 with 4319 viewsgiant_stow

Sneezing can help - pluck a nose hair out to make this happen (if you didn;t know about that side mystery)

Or heavy yawning.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Login to get fewer ads

Ear problems after flying? on 16:44 - Jan 17 with 4308 viewsLord_Lucan

Yes my mate had exactly the same thing happen after a flight.

It remained the same for two weeks and then he lost the hearing in the other year and has never recovered.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Ear problems after flying? on 16:45 - Jan 17 with 4299 viewsSpruceMoose

Ear problems after flying? on 16:44 - Jan 17 by Lord_Lucan

It remained the same for two weeks and then he lost the hearing in the other year and has never recovered.

N/T!
[Post edited 17 Jan 2018 16:47]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Ear problems after flying? on 16:48 - Jan 17 with 4279 viewsNewcyBlue

Ear problems after flying? on 16:38 - Jan 17 by giant_stow

Sneezing can help - pluck a nose hair out to make this happen (if you didn;t know about that side mystery)

Or heavy yawning.

This nose hair... does it matter who’s nose you pluck it from?

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Ear problems after flying? on 16:50 - Jan 17 with 4265 viewsgiant_stow

Ear problems after flying? on 16:48 - Jan 17 by NewcyBlue

This nose hair... does it matter who’s nose you pluck it from?

Depends who you want to sneeze.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Ear problems after flying? on 16:51 - Jan 17 with 4266 viewsIllinoisblue

Ear problems after flying? on 16:38 - Jan 17 by giant_stow

Or heavy yawning.

I always hold my nose shut and then blow really hard to clear my ears after a flight. Usually works. Although probably doing some long term damage somewhere.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Ear problems after flying? on 17:35 - Jan 17 with 4225 viewsSpruceMoose

Ear problems after flying? on 16:51 - Jan 17 by Illinoisblue

I always hold my nose shut and then blow really hard to clear my ears after a flight. Usually works. Although probably doing some long term damage somewhere.

My mate popped an eye out doing that. True story.

Ear problems after flying? on 18:28 - Jan 17 with 4183 viewsfactual_blue

Next time, try sitting inside.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Ear problems after flying? on 18:44 - Jan 17 with 4161 viewsblueconscience

To me, it depends on the flight.

Flying to and from Prague and New Delhi my ears were fine, but the short flight from Stansted to Belfast they were quite bad. Only thing about the flight to Belfast is that is was very turbulent.

May have just been a coincidence though, that they were affected by the rougher flight.

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Ear problems after flying? on 20:08 - Jan 17 with 4115 viewsfarkenhell

Bet that'll cheer him up!
Ear problems after flying? on 20:17 - Jan 17 with 4108 viewsSwansea_Blue

Maybe you're flapping them too hard?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Ear problems after flying? on 02:43 - Jan 18 with 4012 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Thanks
Ear problems after flying? on 03:07 - Jan 18 with 4004 viewsSpruceMoose

Ear problems after flying? on 02:43 - Jan 18 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Thanks

Lucan really went out of his way to reassure you there, huh?

Ear problems after flying? on 03:08 - Jan 18 with 4004 viewsrapier

Ear problems after flying? on 02:43 - Jan 18 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

Thanks

Had the same thing after a horrid landing in Narita airport once, until about two weeks later my ear just popped (many Sakes later), was horrific tho, had to deal with the noise... if really worried go see a sawbones, you could have a problem with your ear drum.
Ear problems after flying? on 03:15 - Jan 18 with 3998 viewsrapier

Ear problems after flying? on 18:44 - Jan 17 by blueconscience

To me, it depends on the flight.

Flying to and from Prague and New Delhi my ears were fine, but the short flight from Stansted to Belfast they were quite bad. Only thing about the flight to Belfast is that is was very turbulent.

May have just been a coincidence though, that they were affected by the rougher flight.

I think but have no skill/science/blah to prove,it has something to do with rate/ speed of decent, this is what I was told after my problems, and yes i have a broken ear drum!
[Post edited 18 Jan 2018 3:31]
Ear problems after flying? on 03:19 - Jan 18 with 3995 viewsSpruceMoose

Ear problems after flying? on 03:15 - Jan 18 by rapier

I think but have no skill/science/blah to prove,it has something to do with rate/ speed of decent, this is what I was told after my problems, and yes i have a broken ear drum!
[Post edited 18 Jan 2018 3:31]

Did they write it down, seeing as you couldn't hear?

Ear problems after flying? on 03:21 - Jan 18 with 3994 viewsrapier

Ear problems after flying? on 03:19 - Jan 18 by SpruceMoose

Did they write it down, seeing as you couldn't hear?

No, dont be so silly! they signed it out to me, was a cupped fist, and a wave, like i'm making at your comment!!
[Post edited 18 Jan 2018 3:24]
Ear problems after flying? on 03:27 - Jan 18 with 3987 viewsSpruceMoose

Ear problems after flying? on 03:21 - Jan 18 by rapier

No, dont be so silly! they signed it out to me, was a cupped fist, and a wave, like i'm making at your comment!!
[Post edited 18 Jan 2018 3:24]

In some cultures the w@nker symbol is a sign of great respect! Sadly, and well deservedly for me, it's not in mine

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024