Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Freeloader complains about not being given free stuff 10:02 - Jan 19 with 2593 viewsSteve_M

Not that anyone in this 'story' comes out of it particularly well.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/hotel-bans-influencers-instagram-social-

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Freeloader complains about not being given free stuff on 10:11 - Jan 19 with 2551 viewsJohnny_Boy

Somebody in my FB feed was talking about this.

They used to run a fancy pants hotel in Brighton moons ago. Got a call from (the now defunct) The Face magazine. Wanted to do a luxury piece about the hotel. Demanded a luxury room on a bank holiday weekend all for free of course. Turned out the editor wanted to treat one of the magazine staff to a leaving present. Had no intention of running a piece at all & the magazine went under 2 months later. They felt 'blackmailed' into doing it. That's how annoyed they were.
Freeloader complains about not being given free stuff on 10:13 - Jan 19 with 2535 viewsSomethingBlue

I don't think there is a single title that makes me froth at the mouth more than "social media influencer".

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Freeloader complains about not being given free stuff on 10:14 - Jan 19 with 2531 viewsLesta_Tractor

WTF is a social media influencer anyway?

1:23:47, 38:26
Poll: What is more important to you?

Freeloader complains about not being given free stuff on 10:21 - Jan 19 with 2506 viewsfactual_blue

Freeloader complains about not being given free stuff on 10:11 - Jan 19 by Johnny_Boy

Somebody in my FB feed was talking about this.

They used to run a fancy pants hotel in Brighton moons ago. Got a call from (the now defunct) The Face magazine. Wanted to do a luxury piece about the hotel. Demanded a luxury room on a bank holiday weekend all for free of course. Turned out the editor wanted to treat one of the magazine staff to a leaving present. Had no intention of running a piece at all & the magazine went under 2 months later. They felt 'blackmailed' into doing it. That's how annoyed they were.

All people who use facebook are preachy bum boys.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Freeloader complains about not being given free stuff on 10:22 - Jan 19 with 2501 viewsfactual_blue

Freeloader complains about not being given free stuff on 10:14 - Jan 19 by Lesta_Tractor

The correct phrase is 'unemployed scrounger'.

Freeloader complains about not being given free stuff on 10:22 - Jan 19 with 2494 viewschicoazul

I think the hotel comes out of superbly and I applaud his actions, and next time i'm in Dublin I know where i'm staying.

"As a 22 year old running her own business from home" Jesus H give me a break

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Freeloader complains about not being given free stuff on 10:23 - Jan 19 with 2489 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Freeloader complains about not being given free stuff on 10:14 - Jan 19 by Lesta_Tractor

A more polite way of saying - Pretentious Bell Énd

It's all very "look at me" and "aren't I so important/funny/popular/righteous etc."
Freeloader complains about not being given free stuff on 10:28 - Jan 19 with 2464 viewsITFC_Forever

My eldest daughter watches a lot of You Tubers, (virtually to the point of not watching conventional tv at all) and she's only 12.

I have told her time and time again it's simply them trying to flog their own tat, but she doesn't see it.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Login to get fewer ads

Freeloader complains about not being given free stuff on 10:29 - Jan 19 with 2461 viewsSteve_M

Freeloader complains about not being given free stuff on 10:13 - Jan 19 by SomethingBlue

I don't think there is a single title that makes me froth at the mouth more than "social media influencer".

Freeloader complains about not being given free stuff on 10:29 - Jan 19 with 2461 viewsJohnny_Boy

Freeloader complains about not being given free stuff on 10:21 - Jan 19 by factual_blue

All people who use facebook are preachy bum boys.

Mustn't forget Twitter!
Freeloader complains about not being given free stuff on 10:31 - Jan 19 with 2452 viewsFreddies_Ears

To form a view about the hotel, she would only have needed one night's accommodation. So, just a freeloader.
I'll be checking availability for that hotel next time I am in Dublin.
Freeloader complains about not being given free stuff on 10:35 - Jan 19 with 2438 viewsLord_Lucan

Dear World.

How do I get off?

Kind regards.

LL

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Freeloader complains about not being given free stuff on 10:37 - Jan 19 with 2423 viewsSteve_M

Freeloader complains about not being given free stuff on 10:22 - Jan 19 by chicoazul

I think the hotel comes out of superbly and I applaud his actions, and next time i'm in Dublin I know where i'm staying.

I did think that but they seem quite happy to milk this for publicity too, the 'no bloggers' bit at the end was unnecessary.

Freeloader complains about not being given free stuff on 10:37 - Jan 19 with 2423 viewsfarkenhell

Freeloader complains about not being given free stuff on 10:22 - Jan 19 by chicoazul

My thoughts exactly
Freeloader complains about not being given free stuff on 10:40 - Jan 19 with 2403 viewsfactual_blue

Freeloader complains about not being given free stuff on 10:29 - Jan 19 by Johnny_Boy

Mustn't forget Twitter!

I try to.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024