Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Attn: people who think Mick is leaving in the summer 09:50 - Feb 1 with 4754 viewschicoazul

Everything about our transfer dealings in the last 2 windows would seem to indicate that he isn't. I suggest coming to terms with the fact he is signing up for another 2 years.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Attn: people who think Mick is leaving in the summer on 09:51 - Feb 1 with 3913 viewsKieran_Knows

You can count me out for getting another season ticket then.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Attn: people who think Mick is leaving in the summer on 09:53 - Feb 1 with 3892 viewsHerbivore

I'm 75% sure that he's going. It was over 90% at one point but I'm less sure after the past month.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Attn: people who think Mick is leaving in the summer on 09:54 - Feb 1 with 3884 viewschicoazul

Attn: people who think Mick is leaving in the summer on 09:51 - Feb 1 by Kieran_Knows

You can count me out for getting another season ticket then.

I have some sympathy with this view. But I think our business in the last 2 windows has been pretty good and indicative of an attempt to rebuild the team we have had for the last 3 seasons into something new (and a bit more exciting) that he can work with across the next couple seasons at least. If we can now work on getting people fit and keeping them that way we have a decent squad.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!

Attn: people who think Mick is leaving in the summer on 09:55 - Feb 1 with 3879 viewsSteve_M

Everything? The only permanent signings this window are developmental ones which fits ME's plan (such as it is) and only one first team player has left and there are good footballing reasons for that.

I don't think this window really points that way.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Attn: people who think Mick is leaving in the summer on 09:55 - Feb 1 with 3872 viewsReuser_is_God

Attn: people who think Mick is leaving in the summer on 09:54 - Feb 1 by chicoazul

I have some sympathy with this view. But I think our business in the last 2 windows has been pretty good and indicative of an attempt to rebuild the team we have had for the last 3 seasons into something new (and a bit more exciting) that he can work with across the next couple seasons at least. If we can now work on getting people fit and keeping them that way we have a decent squad.

What about our business this window has been good?

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Attn: people who think Mick is leaving in the summer on 10:01 - Feb 1 with 3816 viewschicoazul

Attn: people who think Mick is leaving in the summer on 09:55 - Feb 1 by Reuser_is_God

What about our business this window has been good?

We haven't lost any of the core group and there were very strong rumours about Webster Bart and McG. We have reinforced midfield with a good experienced player for free, we have picked up Crayola for free and he adds to our wide options which is something we have been crying out for IMVHO. We have brought in CCV and on the one hand I am not a big fan of too many loans but on the other he seems a big step up on Tommy. Who knows how the young ones will work out but signing young players to develop is usually exciting given our recent excellent track record in this area.

Attn: people who think Mick is leaving in the summer on 10:02 - Feb 1 with 3811 viewschicoazul

Attn: people who think Mick is leaving in the summer on 09:55 - Feb 1 by Steve_M

Everything? The only permanent signings this window are developmental ones which fits ME's plan (such as it is) and only one first team player has left and there are good footballing reasons for that.

I don't think this window really points that way.

Incorrect. We have permanently signed Gleeson and Crayola. Only short term deals of course but perm nonetheless. This is nit picking I know but it's true.

Attn: people who think Mick is leaving in the summer on 10:15 - Feb 1 with 3754 viewsSteve_M

Attn: people who think Mick is leaving in the summer on 10:02 - Feb 1 by chicoazul

Incorrect. We have permanently signed Gleeson and Crayola. Only short term deals of course but perm nonetheless. This is nit picking I know but it's true.

A contract for a few months doesn't suggest anything though, certainly not of any planning for next season.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Login to get fewer ads

Attn: people who think Mick is leaving in the summer on 10:17 - Feb 1 with 3744 viewshype313

Attn: people who think Mick is leaving in the summer on 10:02 - Feb 1 by chicoazul

Easy for any potential new guy to come and say thanks but no thanks to those players.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Attn: people who think Mick is leaving in the summer on 10:17 - Feb 1 with 3743 viewschicoazul

Attn: people who think Mick is leaving in the summer on 10:15 - Feb 1 by Steve_M

A contract for a few months doesn't suggest anything though, certainly not of any planning for next season.

One could look at it as exactly that. Get those lads in, at least 1 of whom we have tried to sign before (so he says), and if they settle give them a 2 year deal in the summer.

Attn: people who think Mick is leaving in the summer on 10:18 - Feb 1 with 3738 viewshype313

Attn: people who think Mick is leaving in the summer on 10:01 - Feb 1 by chicoazul

We haven't lost any of the core group and there were very strong rumours about Webster Bart and McG. We have reinforced midfield with a good experienced player for free, we have picked up Crayola for free and he adds to our wide options which is something we have been crying out for IMVHO. We have brought in CCV and on the one hand I am not a big fan of too many loans but on the other he seems a big step up on Tommy. Who knows how the young ones will work out but signing young players to develop is usually exciting given our recent excellent track record in this area.

Strong rumours but no bids, not for any of them.

Attn: people who think Mick is leaving in the summer on 10:19 - Feb 1 with 3729 viewschicoazul

Attn: people who think Mick is leaving in the summer on 10:18 - Feb 1 by hype313

Strong rumours but no bids, not for any of them.

You don't know that. All we know for sure is there were very strong rumours from good sources about all of them.

Attn: people who think Mick is leaving in the summer on 10:23 - Feb 1 with 3713 viewsJ2BLUE

I'll bite. How so?

I don't think there's any indication he's staying.

Bart signing a new deal - common sense and he loves the area etc.
Smith leaving - he made it clear he wanted first team football and we don't usually stand in a player's way when they want out
Cotter/Drinan/French defender - cheap punts and MM being professional. He wants another jop. ME will give him a golden reference. If any of those players make it he can mention them in the same breath as Mings.
Short term deals and loans - suggest things aren't being set up for next season

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Attn: people who think Mick is leaving in the summer on 10:26 - Feb 1 with 3709 viewsSomethingBlue

I don't know that I agree. The summer window is one thing, as you have to prepare for a full season and that's relatively long-term in football these days. As for this window, two short-term signings and a loan don't really mean anything in particular to me — the other deals, like Cotter, have been "club" ones really.

The *only* thing against that is, as I said a few days back, if Mick thinks he wants to proper run at a full season with all the players we've had injured. I'd understand that point of view, taking away all the other context. But still think he's off.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Attn: people who think Mick is leaving in the summer on 10:41 - Feb 1 with 3668 viewshype313

Attn: people who think Mick is leaving in the summer on 10:19 - Feb 1 by chicoazul

You don't know that. All we know for sure is there were very strong rumours from good sources about all of them.

But equally you don't know if bids were made, so we are essentially at an impasse.

Attn: people who think Mick is leaving in the summer on 10:43 - Feb 1 with 3664 viewsblueblood66

If he stays it will be financial suicide for the club. Surely the idiots who own us can se that we all want a change.
Attn: people who think Mick is leaving in the summer on 10:47 - Feb 1 with 3641 viewsBenters2

Attn: people who think Mick is leaving in the summer on 10:43 - Feb 1 by blueblood66

If he stays it will be financial suicide for the club. Surely the idiots who own us can se that we all want a change.

* Not all want a change*
Attn: people who think Mick is leaving in the summer on 10:49 - Feb 1 with 3639 viewsEJP

I’m wondering if MM & the club are waiting for when it’s mathematically confirmed we are staying in this league, and then MM will walk.

Gives the new guy a little bit of time to look at the squad, particularly those who are out of contract at the end of season.
Attn: people who think Mick is leaving in the summer on 10:50 - Feb 1 with 3628 viewsITFC_Forever

Attn: people who think Mick is leaving in the summer on 10:49 - Feb 1 by EJP

I’m wondering if MM & the club are waiting for when it’s mathematically confirmed we are staying in this league, and then MM will walk.

Gives the new guy a little bit of time to look at the squad, particularly those who are out of contract at the end of season.

Would only work if the new guy is someone out of work at that moment in time.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Attn: people who think Mick is leaving in the summer on 10:51 - Feb 1 with 3634 viewsPhilTWTD

Attn: people who think Mick is leaving in the summer on 10:26 - Feb 1 by SomethingBlue

I don't know that I agree. The summer window is one thing, as you have to prepare for a full season and that's relatively long-term in football these days. As for this window, two short-term signings and a loan don't really mean anything in particular to me — the other deals, like Cotter, have been "club" ones really.

The *only* thing against that is, as I said a few days back, if Mick thinks he wants to proper run at a full season with all the players we've had injured. I'd understand that point of view, taking away all the other context. But still think he's off.

I don't see anything that's happened recently that indicates anything other than MM being off at the end of the season. Re bringing in players for the longer term such as Cotter or Drinan or securing Bart's future, he's said before it's his responsibility to put the club in as good a position as it can be at the point he leaves, as it should be any manager's.
Attn: people who think Mick is leaving in the summer on 11:03 - Feb 1 with 3568 viewsFtnfwest

i'm dreading that but actually i think what he's done is allowing the clearance of the decks in the summer for whoever comes in.
Attn: people who think Mick is leaving in the summer on 11:04 - Feb 1 with 3564 viewsGuthrum

Attn: people who think Mick is leaving in the summer on 10:49 - Feb 1 by EJP

It's going to be quite a long while before it's mathematically confirmed. Technically, bottom team Burton could still finish as champions (pretty weird combination of results, tho).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Attn: people who think Mick is leaving in the summer on 11:09 - Feb 1 with 3529 viewsjaykay

not sure either way. how many people had heard of the new signings,not many i would expect.

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

Attn: people who think Mick is leaving in the summer on 11:13 - Feb 1 with 3504 viewsITFC_Forever

Attn: people who think Mick is leaving in the summer on 11:04 - Feb 1 by Guthrum

It's going to be quite a long while before it's mathematically confirmed. Technically, bottom team Burton could still finish as champions (pretty weird combination of results, tho).

Indeed, we aren't likely to be mathematically safe until around mid-April - and that's if we maintain the current gap between us and third bottom (it may obviously increase or decrease).

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Attn: people who think Mick is leaving in the summer on 11:14 - Feb 1 with 3490 viewschicoazul

Attn: people who think Mick is leaving in the summer on 10:41 - Feb 1 by hype313

But equally you don't know if bids were made, so we are essentially at an impasse.

Of course not, but we are not at anything of the sort as I can point to evidence for my theories whereas you can't.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024