Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"Quiet on here tonight..." 17:25 - Feb 4 with 10759 viewsSitfcB

Even Stuart Watson has noticed it...

'The reaction to Saturday’s 2-0 victory at Sunderland spoke volumes about the current mood. In short, there wasn’t a lot. Tumbleweed blew across social media, online forums and news comments sections.'

https://t.co/ddxd762raU

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

"Quiet on here tonight..." on 04:49 - Feb 5 with 3480 viewsBenters2

"Quiet on here tonight..." on 02:08 - Feb 5 by TheBlueBarca

We beat one of the worse sides in the league, what did he expect, a bus parade? We should be beating Sunderland, lets be honest so no shock we've not gone overboard. Good three points, well played and credit to the manager on the selection.

If we beat a few of the better teams and finish above 10th i'd say we've had a good season given we were nearly relegated last year!

Waits for the 'Bluetints' to wake up and say no we were miles away from relegation last season. Even if Mick Mac himself came out and said we were in a relegation battle and it was the worst finish for 58 years!
"Quiet on here tonight..." on 05:04 - Feb 5 with 3483 viewsjeera

"Quiet on here tonight..." on 04:49 - Feb 5 by Benters2

Waits for the 'Bluetints' to wake up and say no we were miles away from relegation last season. Even if Mick Mac himself came out and said we were in a relegation battle and it was the worst finish for 58 years!

According to you "loads" of people say we'll be relegated if MM leaves.

Even though they don't.

So it's difficult to take anything you say seriously tbh.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

"Quiet on here tonight..." on 05:17 - Feb 5 with 3458 viewsBenters2

"Quiet on here tonight..." on 05:04 - Feb 5 by jeera

According to you "loads" of people say we'll be relegated if MM leaves.

Even though they don't.

So it's difficult to take anything you say seriously tbh.

Even when they have admitted they have said it (Rommy on Saturday night) and Mach last night,you wont believe it.In fact you had a little pop at Rommy.

I havent kept a note who has said it,but ive seen more than those two say it.

Like i said to you dont let the hatred you have for me blind you.

Enjoy your day.
"Quiet on here tonight..." on 06:27 - Feb 5 with 3462 viewsbrogansnose

"Quiet on here tonight..." on 05:17 - Feb 5 by Benters2

Even when they have admitted they have said it (Rommy on Saturday night) and Mach last night,you wont believe it.In fact you had a little pop at Rommy.

I havent kept a note who has said it,but ive seen more than those two say it.

Like i said to you dont let the hatred you have for me blind you.

Enjoy your day.

Could be wrong, but I think bloots outright said it too. There's certainly been comments about Mick keeping us in this league and Mick going could lead to relegation.
"Quiet on here tonight..." on 06:50 - Feb 5 with 3436 viewsBenters2

"Quiet on here tonight..." on 06:27 - Feb 5 by brogansnose

Could be wrong, but I think bloots outright said it too. There's certainly been comments about Mick keeping us in this league and Mick going could lead to relegation.

Thanks for that.

Dont stick up for me etc..
(No subject) on 06:59 - Feb 5 with 3453 viewsDarth_Koont

(No subject) on 17:47 - Feb 4 by SomethingBlue

Or maybe it's really about 15 years in the Championship, rather than this really weird figure of all-pervading evil a section of our fans have convinced themselves McCarthy is.
[Post edited 4 Feb 2018 17:50]

Agreed.

Also the ultra-vocal minority suddenly can't make the same repetitive and wildly inaccurate points like accusing the team of lacking "passion" or Mick of always setting up for a draw (and losing).

Pronouns: He/Him

(No subject) on 07:18 - Feb 5 with 3425 viewsBenters2

(No subject) on 06:59 - Feb 5 by Darth_Koont

Agreed.

Also the ultra-vocal minority suddenly can't make the same repetitive and wildly inaccurate points like accusing the team of lacking "passion" or Mick of always setting up for a draw (and losing).

Its 16 years oh great one.
(No subject) on 07:33 - Feb 5 with 3432 viewsDarth_Koont

(No subject) on 07:18 - Feb 5 by Benters2

Its 16 years oh great one.

Actually, it will be 16 years in a few months' time.

You can't even get off the point properly.

Login to get fewer ads

"Quiet on here tonight..." on 07:35 - Feb 5 with 3425 viewsartsbossbeard

We beat one of the worse sides in the league, what did he expect, a bus parade? We should be beating Sunderland, lets be honest so no shock we've not gone overboard. Good three points, well played and credit to the manager on the selection.

If we beat a few of the better teams and finish above 10th i'd say we've had a good season given we were nearly relegated last year!

We beat one of the worst teams in the league at their place. A team desperate for points to avoid the drop in a game that they'd have most certainly marked as winnable.

As I correctly predicted on Friday, this will be treated by the glass half empty brigade as a meaningless win in a nothing game. I rather enjoyed it though.

It was also rather nice to see a player that Mick has apparently destroyed and is best loaned out to a lower league team have a very decent game. I expect him also to get the nod over Celina on Saturday too.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

(No subject) on 07:42 - Feb 5 with 3392 viewsBenters2

(No subject) on 07:33 - Feb 5 by Darth_Koont

Actually, it will be 16 years in a few months' time.

You can't even get off the point properly.

So we are now in Feb that makes it 16 years to me.

I work with the seasons and my hands.
(No subject) on 07:50 - Feb 5 with 3393 viewsDarth_Koont

(No subject) on 07:42 - Feb 5 by Benters2

So we are now in Feb that makes it 16 years to me.

I work with the seasons and my hands.

No, 16 years ago today we'd just beaten Everton away and moved up to 12th in the Prem.

Not that any of that helps you make a relevant point.

I think we'll get relegated if..... on 08:50 - Feb 5 with 3301 viewsBloots

"Quiet on here tonight..." on 06:27 - Feb 5 by brogansnose

....#evansout continues the same level of funding and makes a poor decision regarding the management appointment if MM leaves, yeah.

Given that both of those things are very likely to happen, then I think there's about a 75% chance we'll get relegated next season.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

(No subject) on 09:27 - Feb 5 with 3269 viewsBenters2

(No subject) on 07:50 - Feb 5 by Darth_Koont

No, 16 years ago today we'd just beaten Everton away and moved up to 12th in the Prem.

Not that any of that helps you make a relevant point.

So its 16 years in May?

I sit corrected.
(No subject) on 09:39 - Feb 5 with 3262 viewsDarth_Koont

(No subject) on 09:27 - Feb 5 by Benters2

So its 16 years in May?

I sit corrected.

It didn't matter anyway.

"Quiet on here tonight..." on 10:04 - Feb 5 with 3236 viewsmuccletonjoe

Everyone knows we are more than capable of blowing those 3 points against Burton next saturday
"Quiet on here tonight..." on 10:25 - Feb 5 with 3215 viewsDarkHorse

"Quiet on here tonight..." on 20:43 - Feb 4 by olimar

A win is a win and surely people are happy with that, regardless about what they think more specifically about the team. But Im not sure what sort of reaction is expected- we beat the team 2nd from bottom of the league, with only won two home games since the start of last year, in fairly comfortable and unspectacular fashion. Im sure fans are happy to see a win, and there shouldnt be anything to complain about, but did anyone expect a massive outpouring of positivity and "we love Mick" sentiment?

Precisely.
"Quiet on here tonight..." on 10:34 - Feb 5 with 3205 viewsblueblood66

Yep, Mick Out.
(No subject) on 10:36 - Feb 5 with 3194 viewsBenters2

(No subject) on 09:39 - Feb 5 by Darth_Koont

It didn't matter anyway.

Well no,but thank you for the reminder.
"Quiet on here tonight..." on 11:36 - Feb 5 with 3170 viewspeterleeblue

To be honest I never felt so comfortable watching an Ipswich win.
I was sat in the home end with a friend and I did not note to my friend that MM has used all three subs - everyone a stopper rather than a flair player. If we had wanted to we could really have put Sunderland to the sword in the second half.
"Quiet on here tonight..." on 11:43 - Feb 5 with 3157 viewsartsbossbeard

"Quiet on here tonight..." on 11:36 - Feb 5 by peterleeblue

To be honest I never felt so comfortable watching an Ipswich win.
I was sat in the home end with a friend and I did not note to my friend that MM has used all three subs - everyone a stopper rather than a flair player. If we had wanted to we could really have put Sunderland to the sword in the second half.

Factor in also Waghorn's free kick going in and not hitting the bar and it really could have been the Town fans only in the stadium come midway second half.

Coleman's really got his hands full in keeping them up this term. As an ex-centre back himself, Garner's time on the edge of the box, turn & shot into the corner must have had him pulling his hair out. It seemed in slow motion from behind the goal.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

"Quiet on here tonight..." on 11:49 - Feb 5 with 3143 viewsPJH

"Quiet on here tonight..." on 11:43 - Feb 5 by artsbossbeard

Factor in also Waghorn's free kick going in and not hitting the bar and it really could have been the Town fans only in the stadium come midway second half.

Coleman's really got his hands full in keeping them up this term. As an ex-centre back himself, Garner's time on the edge of the box, turn & shot into the corner must have had him pulling his hair out. It seemed in slow motion from behind the goal.

Our first away win by more than one goal this season.
It was nice going into injury time knowing that we had won, other than a Brentford from the season before last.
Things do not look good for Sunderland although there are still several teams that could end up in big trouble,Reading being one of them.
"Quiet on here tonight..." on 15:14 - Feb 5 with 3081 viewstextbackup

It was Sunderland, if we beat Norwich shall we see the reaction?

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

"Quiet on here tonight..." on 17:16 - Feb 5 with 3030 viewsBenters2

"Quiet on here tonight..." on 15:14 - Feb 5 by textbackup

It was Sunderland, if we beat Norwich shall we see the reaction?

Who cares it will be scenes at Carrot Rud.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024