Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should owner Marcus Evans offer manager Mick McCarthy a new contract? 11:21 - Feb 23 with 9159 viewsPhilTWTD

Should owner Marcus Evans offer manager Mick McCarthy a new contract?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Should owner Marcus Evans offer manager Mick McCarthy a new contract? on 08:11 - Feb 24 with 1355 viewsSuperfrans

Should owner Marcus Evans offer manager Mick McCarthy a new contract? on 19:51 - Feb 23 by carlisleaway

The problem is STB you do not win matches on team spirit if you have a defensive minded manager who will drag down what offensive young players we have coming through to end up defensive midfield players. We are in a serious position and action has to be taken now.

We’ve won plenty of matches this season.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Should owner Marcus Evans offer manager Mick McCarthy a new contract? on 08:12 - Feb 24 with 1353 viewsSuperfrans

Should owner Marcus Evans offer manager Mick McCarthy a new contract? on 00:55 - Feb 24 by jpring89

How and why do some people think that its virtually impossible for Mick to get us relagated from this league ? I’m struggling to see how he can fluke his way through another year here and stay up. Him being here in my opinion is only holding us back and Evans likewise. I would rather we tried someone different and fail than to stay with this crap for another year or 2. It’s time for a change regardless.

Because despite the lack of resources, we have never ever looked at serious threat of relegation under Mick. And it’s not that it is impossible, but that it is far more unlikely if Mick stays.

Of course, if he goes and we get relegated, the agenda on here will become that it’s Evans fault. The fans who are hounding out our current manager because, “boo-hoo, we don’t play football like Barcelona” will take no responsibility for helping create that situation.
[Post edited 24 Feb 2018 9:27]

Should owner Marcus Evans offer manager Mick McCarthy a new contract? on 08:16 - Feb 24 with 1342 viewstiptreeblue

Should owner Marcus Evans offer manager Mick McCarthy a new contract? on 08:12 - Feb 24 by Superfrans

Because despite the lack of resources, we have never ever looked at serious threat of relegation under Mick. And it’s not that it is impossible, but that it is far more unlikely if Mick stays.

Of course, if he goes and we get relegated, the agenda on here will become that it’s Evans fault. The fans who are hounding out our current manager because, “boo-hoo, we don’t play football like Barcelona” will take no responsibility for helping create that situation.

And yet, Easter last year we won at Burton & beat Newcastle at home to put a gap between the bottom three and us. So it isn`t quite correct, is it
Should owner Marcus Evans offer manager Mick McCarthy a new contract? on 08:18 - Feb 24 with 1339 viewsVic

Should owner Marcus Evans offer manager Mick McCarthy a new contract? on 05:45 - Feb 24 by tiptreeblue

Well, as there have been almost 2,000 votes cast at time of writing this, this must mean that we have nearly 20,000 ST holders and regular attendees, How is this?. Sorry, but this is pretty comprehensive

Currently 1492 saying he shouldn’t be offered a new contract. Almost exactly 10% of the average attendance.

I take the point that if this was multiplied up then it is an overwhelming majority think his time is up. I’m not a Mick outer, and don’t like the way he’s being treated, but on pure development terms I th8nk it’s time for a change. The safe and steady way would be to stick with him, but unless you’re really settling for mid level mediocrity it’s time to see what someone else can do with these players.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Should owner Marcus Evans offer manager Mick McCarthy a new contract? on 08:36 - Feb 24 with 1325 viewsSuperfrans

Should owner Marcus Evans offer manager Mick McCarthy a new contract? on 08:16 - Feb 24 by tiptreeblue

And yet, Easter last year we won at Burton & beat Newcastle at home to put a gap between the bottom three and us. So it isn`t quite correct, is it

Have we ever been bottom three, apart from when he was hauling us out?

I can’t help it if some of you children panic at anything. We have never been at risk of relegation under Mick, except when he was saving us from it.

Should owner Marcus Evans offer manager Mick McCarthy a new contract? on 08:46 - Feb 24 with 1318 viewstiptreeblue

Should owner Marcus Evans offer manager Mick McCarthy a new contract? on 08:36 - Feb 24 by Superfrans

Have we ever been bottom three, apart from when he was hauling us out?

I can’t help it if some of you children panic at anything. We have never been at risk of relegation under Mick, except when he was saving us from it.

So, you have to be in the bottom three to be in a relegation fight now?. sorry, i thought it is when you can be caught by the bottom three. It was widely considered that that weekend saved us from the risk of possibly going down. Also, i didn`t panic as, i don`t see that if we were relegated it would be such a problem anyway. As long as we play an attacking brand of football, i don`t care who we are playing. I WANT TO BE ENTERTAINED. not turn up because i feel i have to. (so i don`t) as some of you do on here
Should owner Marcus Evans offer manager Mick McCarthy a new contract? on 08:56 - Feb 24 with 1310 viewsSuperfrans

Should owner Marcus Evans offer manager Mick McCarthy a new contract? on 08:46 - Feb 24 by tiptreeblue

So, you have to be in the bottom three to be in a relegation fight now?. sorry, i thought it is when you can be caught by the bottom three. It was widely considered that that weekend saved us from the risk of possibly going down. Also, i didn`t panic as, i don`t see that if we were relegated it would be such a problem anyway. As long as we play an attacking brand of football, i don`t care who we are playing. I WANT TO BE ENTERTAINED. not turn up because i feel i have to. (so i don`t) as some of you do on here

“Widely considered”....? I remember a few bedwetters panicking, but most recognised that we had plenty of games left and, if Mick is capable of anything, it’s stopping a team from losing games. As he has always done. As he did then.

Under both Keane and Jewell, we lost 6/7 matches in a row. They both struggled to pull their team out of that kind of freefall. Mick has never had that, maybe 3 consecutive defeats (which will happen if we lose today, in fact) but rarely (if ever) more than that.

There is a strain of Ipswich fan who are so anti-Mick that they can’t see with their own eyes what his strengths are. Grinding out results is one of them. Now that is definitely “widely considered”to be the case.

Should owner Marcus Evans offer manager Mick McCarthy a new contract? on 09:08 - Feb 24 with 1303 viewstiptreeblue

Should owner Marcus Evans offer manager Mick McCarthy a new contract? on 08:56 - Feb 24 by Superfrans

“Widely considered”....? I remember a few bedwetters panicking, but most recognised that we had plenty of games left and, if Mick is capable of anything, it’s stopping a team from losing games. As he has always done. As he did then.

Under both Keane and Jewell, we lost 6/7 matches in a row. They both struggled to pull their team out of that kind of freefall. Mick has never had that, maybe 3 consecutive defeats (which will happen if we lose today, in fact) but rarely (if ever) more than that.

There is a strain of Ipswich fan who are so anti-Mick that they can’t see with their own eyes what his strengths are. Grinding out results is one of them. Now that is definitely “widely considered”to be the case.

If you are happy with him grinding out results for the next couple of years, good for you. I am not as it is so boring, I remember more than a few people worried last year, but then again you think it`s a minority want him out by the sounds of it. even though the poll says otherwise. oh well, never mind. Enjoy your day
Login to get fewer ads

Should owner Marcus Evans offer manager Mick McCarthy a new contract? on 09:17 - Feb 24 with 1295 viewsBenters2

Should owner Marcus Evans offer manager Mick McCarthy a new contract? on 08:12 - Feb 24 by Superfrans

Mick Mac said we were in a relegation fight last season,and finishing 4 points outside the bottom 3 was pretty close!
Should owner Marcus Evans offer manager Mick McCarthy a new contract? on 09:26 - Feb 24 with 1285 viewsSuperfrans

Should owner Marcus Evans offer manager Mick McCarthy a new contract? on 09:08 - Feb 24 by tiptreeblue

If you are happy with him grinding out results for the next couple of years, good for you. I am not as it is so boring, I remember more than a few people worried last year, but then again you think it`s a minority want him out by the sounds of it. even though the poll says otherwise. oh well, never mind. Enjoy your day

Wrong again. The majority believe he should go. A minority have an irrational hatred of him and want him to go. Those are two different things.

You should read more posts before jumping to conclusions.

Should owner Marcus Evans offer manager Mick McCarthy a new contract? on 09:29 - Feb 24 with 1283 viewstiptreeblue

Should owner Marcus Evans offer manager Mick McCarthy a new contract? on 09:17 - Feb 24 by Benters2

Mick Mac said we were in a relegation fight last season,and finishing 4 points outside the bottom 3 was pretty close!

That`s right, 4 points, and we got 6 points that Easter weekend which gave us a buffer. but we were bedwetters you know. Good old Superfrans is as calm as they come though
Should owner Marcus Evans offer manager Mick McCarthy a new contract? on 09:29 - Feb 24 with 1282 viewsVic

Should owner Marcus Evans offer manager Mick McCarthy a new contract? on 08:46 - Feb 24 by tiptreeblue

“It was widely considered that that weekend saved us from the risk of possibly going down.”

Exactly, so we were never actually considered at risk. Had that week end been different then we would have been at risk, but as it is we actually weren’t!

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Should owner Marcus Evans offer manager Mick McCarthy a new contract? on 09:42 - Feb 24 with 1263 viewsBrixtonBlue

Should owner Marcus Evans offer manager Mick McCarthy a new contract? on 22:49 - Feb 23 by textbackup

if you were in a really sht relationship would you stay with her just because you didn't have the next girl lined up?

Depends what you mean by really sht. I've certainly gone through the motions with relationships longer than I should have, yes. I personally wouldn't describe the relationship with Mick as "really sht" though. He's had his hands tied with a terrible injury list this season, so I wouldn't be massively against him having another crack when those players are fit.

But if we had someone I really fancied lined up I'd we willing to switch as well. That's why I don't think it's such a black and white answer.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Should owner Marcus Evans offer manager Mick McCarthy a new contract? on 09:44 - Feb 24 with 1258 viewsBenters2

Should owner Marcus Evans offer manager Mick McCarthy a new contract? on 09:29 - Feb 24 by tiptreeblue

That`s right, 4 points, and we got 6 points that Easter weekend which gave us a buffer. but we were bedwetters you know. Good old Superfrans is as calm as they come though

Next time we are in Mannings (fk knows when that will be at this rate) on the way past planet blue from the station,i will get us some of those blue tinted specs they may help?
Should owner Marcus Evans offer manager Mick McCarthy a new contract? on 09:45 - Feb 24 with 1257 viewsBrixtonBlue

Should owner Marcus Evans offer manager Mick McCarthy a new contract? on 00:55 - Feb 24 by jpring89

How and why do some people think that its virtually impossible for Mick to get us relagated from this league ? I’m struggling to see how he can fluke his way through another year here and stay up. Him being here in my opinion is only holding us back and Evans likewise. I would rather we tried someone different and fail than to stay with this crap for another year or 2. It’s time for a change regardless.

Because even with a huge injury list and very limited funds we're nowhere near relegation?

Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Should owner Marcus Evans offer manager Mick McCarthy a new contract? on 09:46 - Feb 24 with 1252 viewsBenters2

Should owner Marcus Evans offer manager Mick McCarthy a new contract? on 09:29 - Feb 24 by Vic

“It was widely considered that that weekend saved us from the risk of possibly going down.”

Exactly, so we were never actually considered at risk. Had that week end been different then we would have been at risk, but as it is we actually weren’t!

Mick Mac said we were?
Should owner Marcus Evans offer manager Mick McCarthy a new contract? on 09:51 - Feb 24 with 1248 viewsBrixtonBlue

Should owner Marcus Evans offer manager Mick McCarthy a new contract? on 08:56 - Feb 24 by Superfrans

Point of order, it won't be 3 consecutive defeats if we lose today. We drew at Norwich.

Should owner Marcus Evans offer manager Mick McCarthy a new contract? on 10:05 - Feb 24 with 1226 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

If we get a bit near to the relegation zone, then win a couple of games, we were in danger of relegation, but if we’re near the playoffs but then lose a couple of games to fall away we were never in contention

That’s how it works isn’t it?

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Should owner Marcus Evans offer manager Mick McCarthy a new contract? on 10:13 - Feb 24 with 1220 viewsIpswich_Crazy

This may make me decide to renew or not.

Poll: Are fans getting fed up with Sky Sports changing our Kick off schedules?

Should owner Marcus Evans offer manager Mick McCarthy a new contract? on 10:24 - Feb 24 with 1209 viewstiptreeblue

Should owner Marcus Evans offer manager Mick McCarthy a new contract? on 09:44 - Feb 24 by Benters2

Next time we are in Mannings (fk knows when that will be at this rate) on the way past planet blue from the station,i will get us some of those blue tinted specs they may help?

it could be a very long time Benters.
Should owner Marcus Evans offer manager Mick McCarthy a new contract? on 10:28 - Feb 24 with 1206 viewssparks

Should owner Marcus Evans offer manager Mick McCarthy a new contract? on 09:46 - Feb 24 by Benters2

Mick Mac said we were?

Many were arguing on here at that time that without him we were certs for relegation- and that we should not therefore be suggesting he be fired...

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Should owner Marcus Evans offer manager Mick McCarthy a new contract? on 11:16 - Feb 24 with 1168 viewsSuperfrans

Should owner Marcus Evans offer manager Mick McCarthy a new contract? on 09:51 - Feb 24 by BrixtonBlue

Point of order, it won't be 3 consecutive defeats if we lose today. We drew at Norwich.

Good point. Probably misremembering because it felt like a defeat...

Damn, just reminded myself of it again....
[Post edited 24 Feb 2018 11:17]

Should owner Marcus Evans offer manager Mick McCarthy a new contract? on 11:46 - Feb 24 with 1140 viewsSomethingBlue

Entitled flap of the day goes to ...

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

Should owner Marcus Evans offer manager Mick McCarthy a new contract? on 11:53 - Feb 24 with 1134 viewsBluefish

Should owner Marcus Evans offer manager Mick McCarthy a new contract? on 11:46 - Feb 24 by SomethingBlue

Entitled flap of the day goes to ...

Bit early to give out that award. Plenty more candidates to come.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Should owner Marcus Evans offer manager Mick McCarthy a new contract? on 13:08 - Feb 24 with 1079 viewsBenters2

Should owner Marcus Evans offer manager Mick McCarthy a new contract? on 10:28 - Feb 24 by sparks

Many were arguing on here at that time that without him we were certs for relegation- and that we should not therefore be suggesting he be fired...

He and his team put us there though!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024