Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RIP Toys R Us 12:21 - Mar 14 with 3935 viewsJ2BLUE

All stores closing.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

RIP Toys R Us on 12:22 - Mar 14 with 3327 viewswkj

Feel sad for the staff, but I will in no way miss the brand

Crybaby
Poll: Who do you want to have win the playoffs then?
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

RIP Toys R Us on 12:23 - Mar 14 with 3322 viewshype313

Shame, anytime I felt like I fancied wandering back to 1991, I'd nip to the Copdock branch.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

RIP Toys R Us on 12:24 - Mar 14 with 3315 viewsSpruceMoose

There's nothing said Geoffrey, all under no roof.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

RIP Toys R Us on 12:25 - Mar 14 with 3311 viewsFrimleyBlue

RIP Toys R Us on 12:22 - Mar 14 by wkj

Feel sad for the staff, but I will in no way miss the brand

I'll miss seeing it same as I do with old Woolworths and Blockbusters. Reminds me of what life used to be like

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

RIP Toys R Us on 12:28 - Mar 14 with 3301 viewsTIB

Good riddance...never forgiven them for the grief I felt after going to the Copdock one with my dad to get a Tamogochi and there only being Digimon left.

Poll: How much did you actually think Mick would spend in January?

RIP Toys R Us on 12:30 - Mar 14 with 3290 viewswkj

RIP Toys R Us on 12:25 - Mar 14 by FrimleyBlue

I'll miss seeing it same as I do with old Woolworths and Blockbusters. Reminds me of what life used to be like

Woolworths and Blockbuster I agree with, but ToysRUs have always sold things at ridiculously large prices, and really I only ever saw it as a toy museum at best as my folks couldn't afford any of it

Crybaby

RIP Toys R Us on 12:31 - Mar 14 with 3288 viewsFrimleyBlue

RIP Toys R Us on 12:30 - Mar 14 by wkj

Woolworths and Blockbuster I agree with, but ToysRUs have always sold things at ridiculously large prices, and really I only ever saw it as a toy museum at best as my folks couldn't afford any of it

TBH I just enjoyed going their to play the keyboards lol

Waka waka eh eh

RIP Toys R Us on 12:31 - Mar 14 with 3284 viewsKieran_Knows

How will I know when I'm back in Ipswich now then?

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Login to get fewer ads

RIP Toys R Us on 12:34 - Mar 14 with 3272 viewsSpruceMoose

RIP Toys R Us on 12:30 - Mar 14 by wkj

I haven't been there for many years, but did they still have that system in place where if you wanted to buy certain things like video games, you had to buy the piece of paper then take it to a window where some sloth would disappear into the bowels of the building and take an eternity to return with your purchase?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

RIP Toys R Us on 12:34 - Mar 14 with 3267 viewswkj

RIP Toys R Us on 12:31 - Mar 14 by Kieran_Knows

How will I know when I'm back in Ipswich now then?

Someone I went to school with always said "ToysRUs is a homing beacon" when we went on field trips, we used to rip the pish out of him for it... but he was of course, very correct.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2018 12:36]

Crybaby

RIP Toys R Us on 12:36 - Mar 14 with 3256 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

I feel sad for

1) The advert
2) Nostalgia especially at Christmas

Times move on though, even decent stores are getting a little concerned with the Amazon take over.
RIP Toys R Us on 12:37 - Mar 14 with 3256 viewsFrimleyBlue

RIP Toys R Us on 12:34 - Mar 14 by SpruceMoose

I haven't been there for many years, but did they still have that system in place where if you wanted to buy certain things like video games, you had to buy the piece of paper then take it to a window where some sloth would disappear into the bowels of the building and take an eternity to return with your purchase?

what really pssed me off, was when you just wanted to pop in, get something, get out

oh no, walk in, walk around 10 different isles before you could get into the actual store itself!

Waka waka eh eh

RIP Toys R Us on 12:37 - Mar 14 with 3256 viewswkj

RIP Toys R Us on 12:34 - Mar 14 by SpruceMoose

It was indeed exactly that way when last I went, which was to buy a Nintendo Gamecube when they came out.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2018 12:38]

Crybaby

RIP Toys R Us on 12:39 - Mar 14 with 3245 viewswkj

RIP Toys R Us on 12:36 - Mar 14 by Joey_Joe_Joe_Junior

I feel sad for

1) The advert
2) Nostalgia especially at Christmas

Times move on though, even decent stores are getting a little concerned with the Amazon take over.

Enjoy

This advert astounds as to how they never got done under child labour laws
[Post edited 14 Mar 2018 12:40]

Crybaby

RIP Toys R Us on 12:40 - Mar 14 with 3243 viewsSpruceMoose

RIP Toys R Us on 12:34 - Mar 14 by wkj

Someone I went to school with always said "ToysRUs is a homing beacon" when we went on field trips, we used to rip the pish out of him for it... but he was of course, very correct.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2018 12:36]

Don't worry, this is Ipswich we are talking about. Either it'll sit there derelict for decades to come, much like the Odean, or it'll be replaced by a giant Poundland complete with Vegas style flashing sign, visible from Felixstowe, Capel and Claydon, illuminating the night sky like some kind of Bat Signal for crapness and mundanity.

RIP Toys R Us on 12:42 - Mar 14 with 3232 viewswkj

RIP Toys R Us on 12:40 - Mar 14 by SpruceMoose

Don't worry, this is Ipswich we are talking about. Either it'll sit there derelict for decades to come, much like the Odean, or it'll be replaced by a giant Poundland complete with Vegas style flashing sign, visible from Felixstowe, Capel and Claydon, illuminating the night sky like some kind of Bat Signal for crapness and mundanity.

I almost forgot about that game, the game of - Who is moving in the Odeon. For a building that size (ToysRUs) I reckon some kind of B and Q type store will fancy it

Crybaby

RIP Toys R Us on 12:42 - Mar 14 with 3225 viewsSpruceMoose

RIP Toys R Us on 12:42 - Mar 14 by wkj

I almost forgot about that game, the game of - Who is moving in the Odeon. For a building that size (ToysRUs) I reckon some kind of B and Q type store will fancy it

Syrian refugee centre, innit.

on 12:46 - Mar 14 with 3218 views_

RIP Toys R Us on 12:52 - Mar 14 with 3198 viewsSpruceMoose

on 12:46 - Mar 14 by _

Other than day to day items like food or clothes etc I struggle to remember the last time I purchased something in a physical store. The more expensive the item the less likely I am to go to a store, as so often the price is just too dang high.

Close stores, bring in universal income to offset those kind of jobs, and start teaching old people to do something online other than posting Minions memes on Facebook so they can still buy stuff and not starve/freeze to death.

RIP Toys R Us on 12:52 - Mar 14 with 3192 viewsKieran_Knows

Yer, I popped in the other Sunday as I was up that end of Town and as you say, didn't seem like much of a sale to me.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

RIP Toys R Us on 13:28 - Mar 14 with 3144 viewshoppy

Other than the fact B&Q have already closed one of the Ipswich stores, so unlikely they would want another.

Maybe Toys R Us will stay put, but take a leaf out of TWTD's book and rebrand the signage as Toys Were Us, to keep that beacon at the head of the A12/A14 junction in place.
[Post edited 14 Mar 2018 13:29]

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

RIP Toys R Us on 14:19 - Mar 14 with 3092 viewsitfcjoe

Ikea would be good

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

RIP Toys R Us on 14:23 - Mar 14 with 3072 viewsReuser_is_God

I got £60 worth of bits for £48.

Place is a dump though.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

RIP Toys R Us on 14:24 - Mar 14 with 3070 viewsJ2BLUE

RIP Toys R Us on 14:19 - Mar 14 by itfcjoe

Ikea would be good

Already a B&M or similar there so hopefully not another cheap shop. Lets have something decent.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

RIP Toys R Us on 14:27 - Mar 14 with 3064 viewsFrimleyBlue

RIP Toys R Us on 14:24 - Mar 14 by J2BLUE

Already a B&M or similar there so hopefully not another cheap shop. Lets have something decent.

New 2000 seater stadium

Waka waka eh eh

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024