Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just seen this 12:23 - Mar 17 with 50071 viewsRoyKeanesDog

6 deaths at Cheltenham this year under severe suspicion of neglect.

Owners are so desperate not to lose money they make the horses race when they know there's a strong chance of them dieing. Really is a brutal 'sport'.

I just don't know how people can go there and support this cruelty for 'entertaimment' and then go home and sleep at night.

Maybe I'm in the minority, but hey I think animal cruelty should stop.

Poll: Best Football Song

on 15:13 - Mar 18 with 3147 views_

Just seen this on 15:01 - Mar 18 by The_Romford_Blue

I chose not to interact with you anymore on these threads Libby. I think a few of your comments have been deliberately conniving/spiteful. Whether that’s been your intent or not, I cba with it anymore. Like on vegan threads with Callis, I just wont interact anymore with you on these.

You are obsessed with my gambling more than I am or anyone who KNOWS ME IN REAL LIFE.

Just seen this on 15:14 - Mar 18 with 3140 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

Just seen this on 15:02 - Mar 18 by The_Romford_Blue

Well as usual, the thread went from horse racing to specifically about my gambling.

Why is that always the case? You lot are obsessed that’s why. If I ever left this place, you lot wouldn’t know what to do with yourselves anymore. Bless yas.

With respect (and as someone who I don't believe has ever had any positive/negative interaction with yourself), that "I'm kind of a big deal around here" post makes you come across as a complete prick.

Which I'm sure is an unfair representation.
Just seen this on 15:16 - Mar 18 with 3129 viewsJ2BLUE

on 14:54 - Mar 18 by _

Yea every student goes to every lecture. He'll probably be the first student ever to miss a week.

When I did my degree me and my mate decided to skip a lecture. We went out of a side door and ran straight into the lecturer. After a minute of awkward small talk he said "right boys, if you're bunking off you had better get going".

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

on 15:19 - Mar 18 with 3115 views_

Just seen this on 15:16 - Mar 18 by J2BLUE

Yea every student goes to every lecture. He'll probably be the first student ever to miss a week.

When I did my degree me and my mate decided to skip a lecture. We went out of a side door and ran straight into the lecturer. After a minute of awkward small talk he said "right boys, if you're bunking off you had better get going".

Just seen this on 15:20 - Mar 18 with 3111 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Just seen this on 15:14 - Mar 18 by DropCliffsNotBombs

With respect (and as someone who I don't believe has ever had any positive/negative interaction with yourself), that "I'm kind of a big deal around here" post makes you come across as a complete prick.

Which I'm sure is an unfair representation.

I think you know I was taking the p1ss and referring to the racing threads anyway.

I challenge a racing thread (aside from my previews) to ever stay about the first post rather than someone choose to make it about my gambling. I don’t understand why it was even brought up in this thread tbh. It’s totally irrelevant as the thread was about the sad deaths of 6 horses at Cheltenham.

Fwiw, I thought the original topic was an interesting discussion and it’s a shame it’s turned into this. Again.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Just seen this on 15:20 - Mar 18 with 3103 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

on 15:19 - Mar 18 by _

Nice. Stay classy.

Just seen this on 15:24 - Mar 18 with 3095 viewsJ2BLUE

on 15:19 - Mar 18 by _

I do. I have issues that run deep mate. None of them are caused by a lack of intelligence because I skipped a few lectures on 13th century Britain.

Truly impaired.

Just seen this on 15:25 - Mar 18 with 3091 viewsRyorry

Just seen this on 14:58 - Mar 18 by The_Romford_Blue

Great post J2.

If it weren’t for the nice PMs from people or those who read my racing previews and comment on there, I’d have given up posting anything remotely gambling related a long time ago from here. Which is a shame. Not just for me but for non racing fans who will throw a tenner on my national horse like last year. I didn’t have to post that thread onto here. For the amount of time I study the form (something I love doing), it’s a real shame it’s now being used against me as a way to attack.

When people reply with ‘oh well you just a grand in four days, you are addicted’, what the hell can I do? That number as a loss was just a made up nonsense to prove his point.

I’ve already said I may come back for the National. For that meeting. If not, it’ll be straight through to May 6 for the 2000 Guineas at Newmarket - the first flat Classic of the year. I’ll still watch racing until then. I just won’t be studying any form or gambling until then. I need to keep some sort of eye on it anyway - because I lead a forums handicap tipping comp which ends in April. I’m currently a 12/1 winner ahead with a few weeks to go so need to keep that lead up.

I think it reflects far worse on Libby, BB, etc that it turns into my gambling on threads like these. It always has to come back to me. I wish it didn’t tbh and it’s deidnitely becoming a campaign.

And perhaps some people need to be reminded that this is a gambling site. It has a special section headed "Betting" and runs ads from bookies (amongst other things).

I wonder if it would help to keep Rommy & other peoples' betting threads in that section, or to create a sub-forum in there for them, Phil/Gav? That would remove any objections on the grounds of juveniles reading the threads on open forum, or other people seeing them when they don't want to (albeit I know there's the "hide thread" option, but some people might not want to see them at all in the first place). It would also remove the temptation for people to start the endless number of debates on this same topic that there seem to have been recently.

Poll: Time of the annunciation

Login to get fewer ads

Just seen this on 15:30 - Mar 18 with 3072 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Just seen this on 15:25 - Mar 18 by Ryorry

And perhaps some people need to be reminded that this is a gambling site. It has a special section headed "Betting" and runs ads from bookies (amongst other things).

I wonder if it would help to keep Rommy & other peoples' betting threads in that section, or to create a sub-forum in there for them, Phil/Gav? That would remove any objections on the grounds of juveniles reading the threads on open forum, or other people seeing them when they don't want to (albeit I know there's the "hide thread" option, but some people might not want to see them at all in the first place). It would also remove the temptation for people to start the endless number of debates on this same topic that there seem to have been recently.

Just because this site has a betting section, doesn't make it a gambling site. Asking Phil and Gav to make a separate page just for you and Rommy is a but much IMO.

Just seen this on 15:32 - Mar 18 with 3065 viewsSpruceMoose

Just seen this on 12:16 - Mar 18 by Benters2

Lol.

Pipe down you silly old racist.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Just seen this on 15:32 - Mar 18 with 3064 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

Just seen this on 15:25 - Mar 18 by Ryorry

Accepting that the thread has deviated towards Romfords betting habits, do you not think the deaths of 6 horses in a festival is an important topic to discuss/debate?
Just seen this on 15:34 - Mar 18 with 3059 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Just seen this on 15:30 - Mar 18 by RoyKeanesDog

Just because this site has a betting section, doesn't make it a gambling site. Asking Phil and Gav to make a separate page just for you and Rommy is a but much IMO.

It’s not a gambling site I agree. It’s interesting that my four racing previews were all’s tcimied this week by Phil - without me asking for that.

So Phil clearly has no issues with the gambling threads even if it isn’t a gambling site.

Just seen this on 15:35 - Mar 18 with 3054 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Just seen this on 15:32 - Mar 18 by DropCliffsNotBombs

Accepting that the thread has deviated towards Romfords betting habits, do you not think the deaths of 6 horses in a festival is an important topic to discuss/debate?

No. Ryorry has reassured us all that everyvody involved in horse racing is never cruel, and the horses spend all day eating sugar cubes and run around in a meadow of flowers.

Just seen this on 15:35 - Mar 18 with 3052 viewsRyorry

Just seen this on 15:06 - Mar 18 by RoyKeanesDog

You seem to think that everybody on here is hanging on to your every word, which isn't the case.

The reason why you are often the centre of conversation is because you reply to every post.

Why do you think people who are a) polite enough to reply to questions put to them and/or b) strong enough to stand up & defend themselves when challenged or disrespected, should be scoffed at?

And I think you need reminding that way back originally, it was Phil, I believe (no doubt he'll correct me if I'm wrong) who asked Rommy if he'd like his racing threads for the big festivals featured & stickied. That's because they're excellently written, incorporate a great deal of hard work & research, and most horse-racing sites would consider them a very welcome feature (I certainly do).

Just seen this on 15:36 - Mar 18 with 3048 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

It’s probably worth mentioning that on my day four preview after racing on Friday, 18 hours before RKDs thread, me and R had already been discussing what should be done to prevent the 6 deaths happening at next years festival.

In fact, I said before racing on a separate forum that the last race of the week (the one with the three deaths in), should have a smaller field as 24 horses for a 2 mile Chase is too many in my eyes.

Just seen this on 15:37 - Mar 18 with 3039 viewsRyorry

Just seen this on 15:35 - Mar 18 by RoyKeanesDog

No. Ryorry has reassured us all that everyvody involved in horse racing is never cruel, and the horses spend all day eating sugar cubes and run around in a meadow of flowers.

Thanks for the concrete evidence & confirmation that you are indeed just using the thread to bait & troll.

Just seen this on 15:37 - Mar 18 with 3037 viewsgerard1947

Just seen this on 10:56 - Mar 18 by Ryorry

Really appreciate your keeping it rational and fact-based Gerard, thanks.

Agree with pretty much all of that.

I do think it significant that 3 of the 6 Chelts fatalities this year occurred during the last race of the meeting, a minimum distance (2 miles) handicap chase over soft to heavy going, with a large field - 22 runners - with a 5.30pm start.
The other horse who died that day was in another very large-field (24 runners) short distance (2m 1 furlong) race, the 2.10 handicap hurdle.

I think those facts are quite telling, and I'd be pretty surprised (and worried) if it doesn't result in the BHA reducing the number of runners per race at Chelts. I'd also like it to move the race times forward by at least 15 mins, if not 30, but not at all sure that'll happen. I think the going this year has also been unusually soft, which means the horses get tireder more quickly, which leads to jumping mistakes. Usually, the weather's dried up a bit by mid-March and the going has traditionally been good-soft, which is perfect.

Good point re connections trying to get to Chelts in your 4th para, but it would be very ott to stop the meeting because of that - putting in place better qualifying conditions to get to the fest. would fairly quickly sort that out, and I think that'd be a very good measure for the BHA to adopt.

Spot on in your last para. Newspaper and website reports of abandoned & neglected "ordinary" horses and poniesevery day.

More or less from the same song Sheet!
Just seen this on 15:39 - Mar 18 with 3024 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Just seen this on 15:35 - Mar 18 by Ryorry

Why do you think people who are a) polite enough to reply to questions put to them and/or b) strong enough to stand up & defend themselves when challenged or disrespected, should be scoffed at?

And I think you need reminding that way back originally, it was Phil, I believe (no doubt he'll correct me if I'm wrong) who asked Rommy if he'd like his racing threads for the big festivals featured & stickied. That's because they're excellently written, incorporate a great deal of hard work & research, and most horse-racing sites would consider them a very welcome feature (I certainly do).

Thanks. Whilst I started writing my previews on here, you will of course know they are also now on your forum as well as two racing forums - one of which is the most popular in the world (apparently).

I’m happy if I’m goinf to put the work in for myself anyway, to post my previews up. They usually take about 90 minutes to 2 hours to write. Though last years national one, with the added individual horse preview, took 3 and a half hours to type up.

Just seen this on 15:40 - Mar 18 with 3023 viewsRyorry

Yes, which is why I've posted several dozen full comments contributing to the debate over these 7 pages, if you'd bothered to read them.

Just seen this on 15:41 - Mar 18 with 3019 viewsSpruceMoose

on 15:13 - Mar 18 by _

I like to goad as much as the next moose, but this smacks more of picking on Rommy than being concerned for him to be honest.

As always, I think he's handled himself well in this thread.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Just seen this on 15:42 - Mar 18 with 3013 viewsJ2BLUE

Just seen this on 15:39 - Mar 18 by The_Romford_Blue

Thanks. Whilst I started writing my previews on here, you will of course know they are also now on your forum as well as two racing forums - one of which is the most popular in the world (apparently).

I’m happy if I’m goinf to put the work in for myself anyway, to post my previews up. They usually take about 90 minutes to 2 hours to write. Though last years national one, with the added individual horse preview, took 3 and a half hours to type up.

They're not TWTD exclusive content? You traitorous bastard.

Truly impaired.

Just seen this on 15:48 - Mar 18 with 2992 viewsRyorry

Just seen this on 15:30 - Mar 18 by RoyKeanesDog

Yeah, because that's exactly what I said (albeit my description of it as a "gambling site" could have been better worded I agree).

Just seen this on 15:56 - Mar 18 with 2972 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

Just seen this on 15:40 - Mar 18 by Ryorry

Yes, which is why I've posted several dozen full comments contributing to the debate over these 7 pages, if you'd bothered to read them.

Claws away, ta.

The question was more of a response to:

"It would also remove the temptation for people to start the endless number of debates on this same topic that there seem to have been recently."

Sounds like a thread on the deaths of 6 horses is a bit of an inconvenience. (The only other place seen it mentioned was on the daily Cheltenham thread so it's not like the deaths this week had been debated much prior to RKD's OP).

I get it. You like racing. You think the deaths are a sad by-product of a sport you are passinate about. You have probably forgotten more about racing than most people will ever know. But the question needs to be asked.
Just seen this on 15:56 - Mar 18 with 2970 viewsRoyKeanesDog

Just seen this on 15:36 - Mar 18 by The_Romford_Blue

It’s probably worth mentioning that on my day four preview after racing on Friday, 18 hours before RKDs thread, me and R had already been discussing what should be done to prevent the 6 deaths happening at next years festival.

In fact, I said before racing on a separate forum that the last race of the week (the one with the three deaths in), should have a smaller field as 24 horses for a 2 mile Chase is too many in my eyes.

Ok well you asked me not to post on those threads about horse racing deaths. How come it's okay for you to do so?

Just seen this on 16:04 - Mar 18 with 2947 viewsJ2BLUE

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but the alternative is starting a new thread and going full circle again so as this became about gambling i'll post it here. Several of us have been talking about FOBT machines being the real evil of the gambling world. At Cheltenham, live on ITV, Ed Chamberlain asked the minister for sport and culture (I think) what they were doing about FOBTs and if the maximum stake was being reduced to £2. I must admit that surprised me but it goes to show what even people connected with the gambling world think of those machines. People who throw all gambling in together should remember anyone with a conscience within gambling wants to see those machines heavily regulated.

Truly impaired.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024