Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ben Knight 09:44 - Mar 21 with 4179 viewsRudyard83

I saw that he played for the U23s tonight. Isn't he about 16? He must be some player. Anyone seen him play?
Ben Knight on 10:19 - Mar 21 with 4087 viewsdirtyboy

I spoke to someone recently who's worked with the youth briefly and said he's very impressive, very much one to watch.
Ben Knight on 10:24 - Mar 21 with 4062 viewsMagic31

I think he's spoken of as the next big thing from our academy and I believe the likes of the Manchester clubs have been sniffing around.

One we are to "believe the hype" on apparently.
Ben Knight on 10:27 - Mar 21 with 4049 viewsBtreeBlueBlood

Ben Knight on 10:24 - Mar 21 by Magic31

I think he's spoken of as the next big thing from our academy and I believe the likes of the Manchester clubs have been sniffing around.

One we are to "believe the hype" on apparently.

Is he the 1 that K Dyer said al the poem clubs are looking at.

Stay Ben the money will come!!

Careers are short and its obvious the boy wants to play rather than warming a bench wasting away.
Ben Knight on 10:33 - Mar 21 with 4032 viewsFixed_It

Ben Knight on 10:19 - Mar 21 by dirtyboy

I spoke to someone recently who's worked with the youth briefly and said he's very impressive, very much one to watch.

Klug says he's the best he's ever worked with. Praise doesn't come much better than that!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

on 11:01 - Mar 21 with 3933 views_

Ben Knight on 10:33 - Mar 21 by Fixed_It

Klug says he's the best he's ever worked with. Praise doesn't come much better than that!

Ben Knight on 11:04 - Mar 21 with 3924 viewshype313

on 11:01 - Mar 21 by _

Joe posted a few vids of him a while back, and it does sound hugely hybperbolic, but he does look like a mini Messi, in his stature and the way he operates on the pitch. Obviously nowhere near the great man, but you could see the resemblance, also a little bit like Jack Wilshere when he first burst onto the scene.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Ben Knight on 11:11 - Mar 21 with 3899 viewsJakeITFC

He’s obviously very young and too small for U23 football really.

Can tell he has immense talent though - his touch, low centre of gravity and movement is really like watching a mini-Messi.

When he’s played in the U18s (in the few times I’ve seen them) he stands out and they all look to get the ball to him ASAP, despite his age.
Ben Knight on 11:27 - Mar 21 with 3827 viewsHarryWright

Ben Knight on 10:33 - Mar 21 by Fixed_It

Wow, hasn't he worked with arguably the worlds current best striker as well? Also Dozzer's very highly rated at youth level so he's saying he's even better than that. Let's hope he get's his chance and can translate it to the first team when the time comes.
Login to get fewer ads

Ben Knight on 12:03 - Mar 21 with 3751 viewsitfcjoe

He's class.

Like Andre Dozzell, he is a player who will be in every England Youth squad when fit as a nailed on starter for his age group - you just don't get many players like that.

But as per the other comments, he looks like Messi on the ball, I can't wait to see more of him

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Ben Knight on 12:06 - Mar 21 with 3721 viewstractorboy1978

Ben Knight on 12:03 - Mar 21 by itfcjoe

He's class.

Like Andre Dozzell, he is a player who will be in every England Youth squad when fit as a nailed on starter for his age group - you just don't get many players like that.

But as per the other comments, he looks like Messi on the ball, I can't wait to see more of him

They've made him a lot of promises to keep him from what I've been told? Hence his fast track progression to the U23s.
Ben Knight on 12:09 - Mar 21 with 3699 viewsitfcjoe

Ben Knight on 12:06 - Mar 21 by tractorboy1978

They've made him a lot of promises to keep him from what I've been told? Hence his fast track progression to the U23s.

It wouldn't surprise me, but he is on the same development path as Andre was.

I don't think he has been fast tracked into the U23s, Monday was just a one off because there are a huge number of U23s away on loan, and a further few on international duty

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Ben Knight on 13:40 - Mar 21 with 3543 viewsThrobbe

I work with a guy that coached him in a village kids team. He scored about 60 goals in his first season, and that was with him being regularly taken off to make sure everyone else got a chance.

He went straight from there to the Ipswich Academy set-up, bypassing the usual development route (so he couldn't play for Burwell any more).

He does sound pretty special, and it would be pretty cool to be able to say that you set him on that path.

TWTD Cycling Herbert

Ben Knight on 13:54 - Mar 21 with 3509 viewsBrianTablet

Didn't his contract have a clause about being driven everywhere in a talking black Trans-Am?
[Post edited 21 Mar 2018 13:56]

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

Ben Knight on 01:27 - Mar 22 with 3279 viewsharlingblue

Ben played for the U18 team beaten in the Cup by a very muscular Blackpool side, looked out of his depth in that game, mainly due to size. Came on as a late sub for last Monday's U23 game against Leeds, showed great movement and awareness.
If Brian Klug thinks so highly of him, that's a testament good enough for me.
At an age of 16 there are so many growing years ahead, mentally and most of all physically, if Ben can maintain his current progress ITFC has a real player on their hands.
Ben Knight on 01:48 - Mar 22 with 3274 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Joe is the man for knowing about our youth and his comments on him alone are enough for me to think the lad must be top class.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024