Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This place is the least pleasant I have ever known it at the moment. 09:35 - Apr 2 with 8083 viewsSwailsey

Surely things would be neutral now?

People who wanted MM to stay - he isn’t, so we should move on.

People who wanted MM to go - he is. Yet there’s something else: he should go NOW.

Why can’t people just let the season play out as per, direct any anger at ME and just get on with it.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2018 9:50]

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

This place is the least pleasant I have ever known it at the moment. on 10:33 - Apr 2 with 2811 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

This place is the least pleasant I have ever known it at the moment. on 10:25 - Apr 2 by Lord_Lucan

Yes but the regulars are still unhappy with their flat lager and they seem to want a relief manager in.

The DJ is still playing The Smiths, the pork scratchings have run out again and Mick McCarthy has nicked the Christmas Club money.

The Christmas Club went bust years ago!

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

This place is the least pleasant I have ever known it at the moment. on 10:34 - Apr 2 with 2832 viewsLord_Lucan

This place is the least pleasant I have ever known it at the moment. on 10:27 - Apr 2 by Fixed_It

Yeah - but would you still carry on your whinging if there was a new landlord lined up and the promise of a sizeable reduction in the price of a pint to herald his arrival?

They have already paid for their pints***

***Does anyone believe I'm 100% serious with the pub analogy?

For what it's worth I don't care if McCarthy stays or goes right now, it would be quite easy to put a temp manager in from within if we wanted to. Ideally I'd like everyone to calm down and let bygones be bygones but I'm not sure if that's going to happen, Mick also seems to enjoy stoking the fire.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

This place is the least pleasant I have ever known it at the moment. on 10:38 - Apr 2 with 2814 viewsHerbivore

This place is the least pleasant I have ever known it at the moment. on 10:34 - Apr 2 by Lord_Lucan

For what it's worth I don't care if McCarthy stays or goes right now, it would be quite easy to put a temp manager in from within if we wanted to. Ideally I'd like everyone to calm down and let bygones be bygones but I'm not sure if that's going to happen, Mick also seems to enjoy stoking the fire.

It seemed plausible, you do love pubs.

Agree regarding your final paragraph, sadly.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

This place is the least pleasant I have ever known it at the moment. on 10:47 - Apr 2 with 2778 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

This place is the least pleasant I have ever known it at the moment. on 10:34 - Apr 2 by Lord_Lucan

I, for one, genuinely respect your pub analogy.......especially considering you are barred.....one of the few acts of selflessness seen on this forum.

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

This place is the least pleasant I have ever known it at the moment. on 10:51 - Apr 2 with 2779 viewsFixed_It

This place is the least pleasant I have ever known it at the moment. on 10:47 - Apr 2 by BanksterDebtSlave

I, for one, genuinely respect your pub analogy.......especially considering you are barred.....one of the few acts of selflessness seen on this forum.

'Get 'aaahhtt of my pub!'

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

This place is the least pleasant I have ever known it at the moment. on 10:54 - Apr 2 with 2779 viewsfactual_blue

This place is the least pleasant I have ever known it at the moment. on 10:21 - Apr 2 by BlueBadger

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

This place is the least pleasant I have ever known it at the moment. on 11:04 - Apr 2 with 2758 viewsRyorry

It's not the least pleasant I've ever known it tbh.

It's certainly the weirdest end to any season that I've ever known in over 40 years of supporting ITFC tho - where there's not even an incentive for the known-to-be-departing-manager to try youngsters or change anything else for the final 8 games - can anyone recall any other club of any division being in a similar position? ie a complete state of limbo?

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

This place is the least pleasant I have ever known it at the moment. on 11:17 - Apr 2 with 2740 viewsHerbivore

This place is the least pleasant I have ever known it at the moment. on 11:04 - Apr 2 by Ryorry

It's certainly the weirdest end to any season that I've ever known in over 40 years of supporting ITFC tho - where there's not even an incentive for the known-to-be-departing-manager to try youngsters or change anything else for the final 8 games - can anyone recall any other club of any division being in a similar position? ie a complete state of limbo?

Brentford announced Warburton was leaving at the end of his contract in January or February from memory.

Login to get fewer ads

This place is the least pleasant I have ever known it at the moment. on 11:20 - Apr 2 with 2727 viewsRyorry

This place is the least pleasant I have ever known it at the moment. on 11:17 - Apr 2 by Herbivore

Brentford announced Warburton was leaving at the end of his contract in January or February from memory.

Oh right, thanks, guess I need to keep up more!

Edit: having said that, they could still sneak into the play-offs couldn't they? so still had/have plenty to play for.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2018 11:22]

This place is the least pleasant I have ever known it at the moment. on 11:21 - Apr 2 with 2722 viewsDarth_Koont

This place is the least pleasant I have ever known it at the moment. on 11:04 - Apr 2 by Ryorry

Why is it a "complete state of limbo"? Mick's going and we're looking for a replacement.

Pronouns: He/Him

This place is the least pleasant I have ever known it at the moment. on 11:25 - Apr 2 with 2711 viewsRyorry

This place is the least pleasant I have ever known it at the moment. on 11:21 - Apr 2 by Darth_Koont

Why is it a "complete state of limbo"? Mick's going and we're looking for a replacement.

Because we've absolutely nothing to play for (unless you think we could still get into the play-offs!) & knowing that he's going, MM has no motivation to experiment with bringing any youngsters in, or otherwise shaking things up.

This place is the least pleasant I have ever known it at the moment. on 11:34 - Apr 2 with 2677 viewsDarth_Koont

This place is the least pleasant I have ever known it at the moment. on 11:25 - Apr 2 by Ryorry

Because we've absolutely nothing to play for (unless you think we could still get into the play-offs!) & knowing that he's going, MM has no motivation to experiment with bringing any youngsters in, or otherwise shaking things up.

What's the motivation for a caretaker to change that? Let's just say Klug, Lee and/or Nash came in. They'd more than likely select the strongest team from the group rather than coming in from the outside and trying to "shake things up".

Anyway, I think Mick has already shown he's not afraid to play kids even when there's something on the line. So don't see how that's going to be less likely now. Really we're only talking about Folami or Drinan or similar getting a league debut but it's not going to be from the start if they're not there on merit.

Whatever the criticism of Mick and his squad I don't think a lack of motivation is going to be a problem. If anything they've focused on effort and professionalism to a fault.

Pronouns: He/Him

This place is the least pleasant I have ever known it at the moment. on 11:39 - Apr 2 with 2662 viewsPinewoodblue

Agree..spot on. Trouble is nothing is going to stop the usual suspects moaning about others being negative.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

This place is the least pleasant I have ever known it at the moment. on 11:43 - Apr 2 with 2650 viewsTownly

Neither is it an absolute certainty that Evans will not release the purse strings for the new man as all seem to assume. Highly unlikely I know.

BUT, the man is a total enigma, starting with the fact that his public shyness belies his high business profile.

We'll never know his real wealth. We'll never know his real interest in ITFC or his motives now and from the start. We are starved of genuine information, Milne's bumbling optimism and promises apart.

Who can predict Evans' next step? From total investment in the new man? Resort to administration? Sell-out? Anything could happen with the silent man in charge.

On the plus point, he has never shirked one single pound in keeping the club afloat during loss-making times. Old "blue tinted" is actually fairly accurate in his summary (above) of the club's investment in the playing staff in recent years, especially last Summer.

A similar individual(s) will not be easy to find.

Come on Marcus, "let's be 'avin you."
This place is the least pleasant I have ever known it at the moment. on 11:50 - Apr 2 with 2620 viewsfactual_blue

This place is the least pleasant I have ever known it at the moment. on 10:04 - Apr 2 by factual_blue

Sadly it won't happen.
We have some genuinely stupid fans, who seem determined to flaunt their idiocy at every opportunity.

...and two of them have with their down arrows....
[Post edited 2 Apr 2018 11:51]

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

This place is the least pleasant I have ever known it at the moment. on 12:05 - Apr 2 with 2577 viewsBenters2

This place is the least pleasant I have ever known it at the moment. on 10:54 - Apr 2 by factual_blue

Fantastic my idea of heaven ! I have a John Bull in my back garden.

Smashing !
This place is the least pleasant I have ever known it at the moment. on 12:07 - Apr 2 with 2568 viewsBenters2

This place is the least pleasant I have ever known it at the moment. on 09:51 - Apr 2 by Bluebell

Agreed.

Let's make the ground rock today and out sing the Millwall fans. Sing the players names, sing the good old favourites and forget the bad chants.

The team react to a good atmosphere so let's give them one!

Sadly that will never happen 🤪
This place is the least pleasant I have ever known it at the moment. on 12:13 - Apr 2 with 2557 viewslongtimefan

This place is the least pleasant I have ever known it at the moment. on 11:50 - Apr 2 by factual_blue

...and two of them have with their down arrows....
[Post edited 2 Apr 2018 11:51]

I picked my most likely top three and two of them were there
This place is the least pleasant I have ever known it at the moment. on 12:14 - Apr 2 with 2541 viewsBloomBlue

I've told you before Suffolk people are never happy unless they're moaning. Even when they get what they want they have to moan about it
This place is the least pleasant I have ever known it at the moment. on 12:20 - Apr 2 with 2517 viewsHerbivore

This place is the least pleasant I have ever known it at the moment. on 11:39 - Apr 2 by Pinewoodblue

Agree..spot on. Trouble is nothing is going to stop the usual suspects moaning about others being negative.

Moaning about people moaning about people moaning is a new low.

This place is the least pleasant I have ever known it at the moment. on 13:05 - Apr 2 with 2477 viewsBlueBadger

For my money, it was far more unpleasant on here at the tail end of Magilton's reign and at the arse end of last season, but yeah, it is pretty weird on her eat the moment, innit.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

This place is the least pleasant I have ever known it at the moment. on 13:09 - Apr 2 with 2469 viewsBlueBadger

This place is the least pleasant I have ever known it at the moment. on 11:34 - Apr 2 by Darth_Koont

What's the motivation for a caretaker to change that? Let's just say Klug, Lee and/or Nash came in. They'd more than likely select the strongest team from the group rather than coming in from the outside and trying to "shake things up".

Anyway, I think Mick has already shown he's not afraid to play kids even when there's something on the line. So don't see how that's going to be less likely now. Really we're only talking about Folami or Drinan or similar getting a league debut but it's not going to be from the start if they're not there on merit.

Whatever the criticism of Mick and his squad I don't think a lack of motivation is going to be a problem. If anything they've focused on effort and professionalism to a fault.

That's a a plus for the new man innit. One of the things I think everybody here can agree on is that the playing squad is the most 'together' and united we've had in the Evans era. One less job for a new manager to do in the summer if he's already got a team with a great spirit in place.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

This place is the least pleasant I have ever known it at the moment. on 13:29 - Apr 2 with 2450 viewsSpruceMoose

This place is the least pleasant I have ever known it at the moment. on 10:30 - Apr 2 by BlueBadger

Trouble is, the relief manager is likely to know that they're not there long-term, won't bother doing anything significant, keep the beer any better and may very well unsettle the remaining bar staff and regulars for the short time there is to wait for the new couple to come in and put a lick of paint on, keep the beer properly, etc.

It's almost as if these fans want to inflict some kind of revenge, or punishment on MM. Him leaving isn't good enough. He has to know that he has hurt them very deeply.

Losers.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

This place is the least pleasant I have ever known it at the moment. on 14:32 - Apr 2 with 2422 viewsBenters2

This place is the least pleasant I have ever known it at the moment. on 13:29 - Apr 2 by SpruceMoose

It's almost as if these fans want to inflict some kind of revenge, or punishment on MM. Him leaving isn't good enough. He has to know that he has hurt them very deeply.

Losers.

sad case.
This place is the least pleasant I have ever known it at the moment. on 14:35 - Apr 2 with 2419 viewsSpruceMoose

This place is the least pleasant I have ever known it at the moment. on 14:32 - Apr 2 by Benters2

sad case.

Pardon? Speaking in full sentences will help get your point across.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024