Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bold prediction time for next season 10:07 - Apr 11 with 4266 viewsunbelievablue

1. We will finish below 12th but I will go to more games and have far more fun than this season.
2. We will get to the 5th round of the FA Cup.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Bold prediction time for next season on 10:11 - Apr 11 with 3251 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

1) We will win some and lose some. But be ok in the end - 17th

2) Those that hated mick will over exaggerate the new style of Football as Barca-esque

3) It will be our penultimate season in the championship

4) Even as it slowly starts to go wrong towards the end of next season, the owner still won’t be blamed by the majority.

Poll: Would we sell out our allocation for Wembley for a PJ Trophy final?

Bold prediction time for next season on 10:15 - Apr 11 with 3231 viewsFootballpete

If the level of investment remains the same and we sell Bart we'll do very well to stay up next season.

Poll: Which Top Gear presenter is the biggest dickhead?

Bold prediction time for next season on 10:17 - Apr 11 with 3216 viewsKieran_Knows

Mowbray to come in.
Brings Bradley Dack with him.
We'll play football like we've never seen before.
Title sewn up by the 3rd week in March.
We'll make the F.A Cup 5th Round.

Also, Mick to come back to PR with Sheffield Wednesday next season and sh*thouse a 1-0 win and flicking the V sign to the North Stand at full time.

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Bold prediction time for next season on 10:18 - Apr 11 with 3211 viewschristiand

If we play better football, we attack teams more at home and see more of our youngsters being regularly involved and playing in the first team, then I'd be happy with that. That's progress for me.
[Post edited 11 Apr 2018 10:20]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Bold prediction time for next season on 10:20 - Apr 11 with 3192 viewsjudespiveyg

With a fit Dozzell, Huws and Bishop (among others) I think we have a good squad and could have an okay season. 10th and above Norwich.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Bold prediction time for next season on 10:27 - Apr 11 with 3162 viewshomer_123

Bold prediction time for next season on 10:18 - Apr 11 by christiand

If we play better football, we attack teams more at home and see more of our youngsters being regularly involved and playing in the first team, then I'd be happy with that. That's progress for me.
[Post edited 11 Apr 2018 10:20]

Playing devils advocate, if that approach ended with us being relegated - is that progress?

One would hope that by playing better football and attacking teams more at home, we'd pick up more points.....but football is a funny old game.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Bold prediction time for next season on 10:35 - Apr 11 with 3121 viewsclogger

Man gets to Newport County away in the League Cup on his Moped without breaking down.

Romford starts an Acca that comes up, after nine games are postponed and Man City beat Millwall.

Ian Holloway leaves Ipswich after 7 games to manage Barcalona
Bold prediction time for next season on 10:36 - Apr 11 with 3117 viewstractordownsouth

Bold prediction time for next season on 10:11 - Apr 11 by The_Romford_Blue

2) Those that hated mick will over exaggerate the new style of Football as Barca-esque

4) Even as it slowly starts to go wrong towards the end of next season, the owner still won’t be blamed by the majority.

It worries me when even you're pessimistic Rommers, you reckon we'll go down in 2 years?

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

Login to get fewer ads

Bold prediction time for next season on 10:37 - Apr 11 with 3113 viewschristiand

Bold prediction time for next season on 10:27 - Apr 11 by homer_123

Playing devils advocate, if that approach ended with us being relegated - is that progress?

One would hope that by playing better football and attacking teams more at home, we'd pick up more points.....but football is a funny old game.

Playing devil's advocate if that approach got us in the Top 10 - is that progress? Football 'IS' a funny old game Homer and I certainly believe that with the right appointment, a little bit of coaching with our style of play and the encouragement to be more expansive we can't be a top 10 side in this division, but under MM it had ground to a halt and we had become too negative. I'd like us to build season on season like we did in the past, we can then see progress being made and if that is small steps then so be it.

I'm certainly not requesting our starting XI is littered with youngsters, but a good blend of experienced and seasoned pros with a smattering of the young guns could be very interesting and exciting too.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Bold prediction time for next season on 10:38 - Apr 11 with 3106 viewsSimonds92

Everyone wants Evans to spend more money, but I also don't understand why people think we can tell the bloke what to do with his money. It's like the Newcastle fans getting annoyed at Ashley for only spending what the club generates. It would be great if he spends £10million in the summer but if he doesn't we just have to get on with it surely.
Bold prediction time for next season on 10:40 - Apr 11 with 3099 viewsSteve_M

Do you think that if we're in the bottom half of the table next season things will be more positive regardless of how we play?

That's not a leading question, Magilton's first season was more positive than Royle's last despite fairly similar finishes because there was optimism about where we were heading. I can see that happening with the right manager but I can also see the fanbase as so jaded and negative that anything below top six will be seen as rubbish.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Bold prediction time for next season on 10:44 - Apr 11 with 3084 viewshomer_123

Bold prediction time for next season on 10:37 - Apr 11 by christiand

Playing devil's advocate if that approach got us in the Top 10 - is that progress? Football 'IS' a funny old game Homer and I certainly believe that with the right appointment, a little bit of coaching with our style of play and the encouragement to be more expansive we can't be a top 10 side in this division, but under MM it had ground to a halt and we had become too negative. I'd like us to build season on season like we did in the past, we can then see progress being made and if that is small steps then so be it.

I'm certainly not requesting our starting XI is littered with youngsters, but a good blend of experienced and seasoned pros with a smattering of the young guns could be very interesting and exciting too.

Thing is, this is a results business isn't it.

Fundamentally, it isn't about what you or I want to see/ watch. It's about Evans and what he wants. He'll appoint a manager that gives him the best chance of seeing a return on his investment/ or position the club as well as possible to enable him to get out.

Given the fact that, at the moment, all the communication from the Club indicates that, from a financial position, nothing is changing. Therefore, any new incumbent is working on the same footing as Mick did.

Yes, we have a half decent core of players, better now than when Mick joined us, we have a smattering of good pros as well. But we are losing Didz, possibly Bart, certainly Celina, CCV, Connolly and Iorfa - yes, we'll get the likes of Huws, Adeyemi, Dozzer and Bish back - however, we need a manager that can still work on a tight budget, work the loan market and bring through some youngters.

I can't see Evans going for someone who isn't in the mould of what we have had before.

Keane, Jewell and Mick all had experience and had got teams out of this division. Nothing coming from the Club indicates a departure from this approach. In fact, what we are seeing is a situation that illustrates more of the same. Mick insitgated the meeting with Evans, the Club are not close to appointing a new manager, Evans will confide in the same group of people he did before.

My fear remains the same, we might see some better football at PR next year, I hope we do, but any new manager will find themselves in exactly the same boat as Mick.

I can't say I'm overly optimistic as things stand.

Bold prediction time for next season on 10:44 - Apr 11 with 3084 viewsrickw

Bold prediction time for next season on 10:27 - Apr 11 by homer_123

For me the most important thing is that we enjoy going to matches again - the vast majority have been bored and disappointed with our performances especially in the last 2 years.

Poll: Of the Non Favourites for ITFC managers job who would you prefer
Blog: Reasons for Relegation

Bold prediction time for next season on 10:46 - Apr 11 with 3066 viewshomer_123

Bold prediction time for next season on 10:44 - Apr 11 by rickw

For me the most important thing is that we enjoy going to matches again - the vast majority have been bored and disappointed with our performances especially in the last 2 years.

I don't disagree at all on that point.

Bold prediction time for next season on 10:48 - Apr 11 with 3061 viewshomer_123

Bold prediction time for next season on 10:40 - Apr 11 by Steve_M

Do you think that if we're in the bottom half of the table next season things will be more positive regardless of how we play?

That's not a leading question, Magilton's first season was more positive than Royle's last despite fairly similar finishes because there was optimism about where we were heading. I can see that happening with the right manager but I can also see the fanbase as so jaded and negative that anything below top six will be seen as rubbish.

This is my fear Steve - I'm struggling to see how we will likely see a marked improvement over Mick unless there is a genuine fundamental change in approach from the Club.

I hope I'm wrong but I can see an initial uplift from a new appointment (the honeymoon period) and we find ourselves back in the middle of the table or lower.

Relegation battles are always..... on 10:50 - Apr 11 with 3047 viewsBloots

....more fun, on the assumption that you don't end up actually getting relegated.

At least we'll have some matches at the end of the season that mean something I guess.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Bold prediction time for next season on 10:51 - Apr 11 with 3046 viewsunbelievablue

Bold prediction time for next season on 10:40 - Apr 11 by Steve_M

No, probably not - I think we will have to play a certain way for a certain percentage of the time for a lot of people to feel positive about the club again. Relatively simple formula, but which requires a less risk averse management approach:

1. Blood more youngsters, more regularly
2. Don't defend leads so conservatively
3. Where appropriate, commit to positive, passing football

If we can show a sincere commitment to the above, and stay safe, I think the longer term outlook is very positive indeed. Whether that's doable remains to be seen, and is the crux of the anti/pro Mick argument in my head.
[Post edited 11 Apr 2018 10:52]

Bold prediction time for next season on 10:53 - Apr 11 with 3036 viewshomer_123

Bold prediction time for next season on 10:51 - Apr 11 by unbelievablue

No, probably not - I think we will have to play a certain way for a certain percentage of the time for a lot of people to feel positive about the club again. Relatively simple formula, but which requires a less risk averse management approach:

1. Blood more youngsters, more regularly
2. Don't defend leads so conservatively
3. Where appropriate, commit to positive, passing football

If we can show a sincere commitment to the above, and stay safe, I think the longer term outlook is very positive indeed. Whether that's doable remains to be seen, and is the crux of the anti/pro Mick argument in my head.
[Post edited 11 Apr 2018 10:52]

Just on point one, we've played more youngsters for longer than any other team in this division this season.

Bold prediction time for next season on 10:54 - Apr 11 with 3033 viewsunbelievablue

Bold prediction time for next season on 10:53 - Apr 11 by homer_123

Just on point one, we've played more youngsters for longer than any other team in this division this season.

Really? What's the breakdown here?

I guess I mean focus on our home grown yoof more.
[Post edited 11 Apr 2018 10:54]

Bold prediction time for next season on 10:56 - Apr 11 with 3017 viewsElderGrizzly

I’m more worried the “numbskulls” will expect to see significant change under Klug on Saturday.

We won’t change at the flick of a switch, but we will see more use of youth players on bench to replace Gleeson etc
Relegation battles are always..... on 10:58 - Apr 11 with 3005 viewsReuser_is_God

Relegation battles are always..... on 10:50 - Apr 11 by Bloots

....more fun, on the assumption that you don't end up actually getting relegated.

At least we'll have some matches at the end of the season that mean something I guess.

Snowflake.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Stop calling me names.... on 11:02 - Apr 11 with 2984 viewsBloots

Relegation battles are always..... on 10:58 - Apr 11 by Reuser_is_God

Snowflake.

....you horrible, horrible man.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Bold prediction time for next season on 11:06 - Apr 11 with 2974 viewstextbackup

1- we beat Norwich at home
2- we lose to whoever MM is managing in the FA cup 3rd round
3- we finish 9th-11th
4- chambers Knudsen and Bart leave to join MM

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Bold prediction time for next season on 11:06 - Apr 11 with 2973 viewsBetablocker

1. The new guy keeps playing youngsters and they stay fit and mostly in and around the first team
2. The new guy has us near the play offs in March and we play a team from Sheffield at home and he sets us up to try and win and push closer to the play offs
3. The mickites claim that if our old boss had the same 'luck' with injuries he'd have us in the same spot.
4. Truce finally admits Mick has left and takes the posters down from his bedroom.
5. ABB finally realizes that Hendricks with lime and not cucumber is a far better choice (if not as trendy)
Bold prediction time for next season on 11:10 - Apr 11 with 2965 viewshomer_123

Bold prediction time for next season on 10:54 - Apr 11 by unbelievablue

Really? What's the breakdown here?

I guess I mean focus on our home grown yoof more.
[Post edited 11 Apr 2018 10:54]

Is Mick giving youngsters enough game time? by itfcjoe 25 May 2017 12:59
I hear all this talk about Mick not giving youngsters a chance, and it seems too many posters aren't looking at the league as a whole. So I have tried to....

All stats are minutes on the pitch in the league only, and all ages are at today's date

U20 players
Barnsley - 6,750 minutes (5,063 by loanees)
Nottingham Forest - 5,185 minutes
Bristol City - 3,844 minutes (3,425 by loanees)
Birmingham - 3,680 minutes (1,007 by loanees)
Huddersfield - 3,513 minutes (2,310 by loanees)
Ipswich - 3,399 minutes

So only 5 clubs have players U20 getting more game time than at Portman Road, and only 1 club (Forest) has more game time given to U20 players that aren't on loan at the club.

Players aged 21-22
Preston North End - 8,412 minutes (682 by loanees)
Forest - 8,129 minutes (1,649 by loanees)
Reading - 6,811 minutes
Leeds - 5,854 minutes (1,284 by loanees)
Ipswich - 5,465 minutes (295 by loanees)

So only 4 teams have given more minutes to 21 and 22 year olds, and if you take loan players out of it we move to 4th

Overall - all players U22
Forest - 13,314 minutes (1,649 by loanees)
Barnsley - 10,573 minutes (7,201 by loanees)
Ipswich - 8,864 minutes (295 by loanees)

So overall only 2 clubs are given youngsters more game time than us, and 1 of them is mostly using loanees.

The reality is that Notingham Forest are the only side who are getting more minutes out of young players than we are at all ages, when you take out loan players - other than them we are right up there in every category.

For the purpose of this exercise our young players are Dozzell, Emmanuel, Kenlock, Bishop (U20) and Grant, Digby, Webster and Ward (U22) - so a mixture of academy products and signings, but most importantly nearly all of them are tied down for at tleast the next couple of years.

Mick has many faults, but the stats show it is unfair to accuse him of not giving youngsters game time.

http://i64.tinypic.com/2zrkq55.png

I should have said 'one of the top teams' to be completely fair.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024