Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mick on Talksport in a bit 11:41 - Apr 11 with 12761 viewsJohnny_Boy

Should be worth a listen.

Mick Bingo anyone?
[Post edited 11 Apr 2018 11:42]
Mick on Talksport in a bit on 11:42 - Apr 11 with 6368 viewsGlasgowBlue

Just heard that. Certain sections of our fan base have made us an embarrassment nationally.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Mick on Talksport in a bit on 11:45 - Apr 11 with 6356 viewsJohnny_Boy

Mick on Talksport in a bit on 11:42 - Apr 11 by GlasgowBlue

Just heard that. Certain sections of our fan base have made us an embarrassment nationally.

I agree. But as a fair few have already mentioned today, Mick was happy to flame the situation. Like it or not.
Mick on Talksport in a bit on 11:45 - Apr 11 with 6336 viewsBlueBadger

Fair play to them, they've given Alan Brazil a break from doing that.
[Post edited 11 Apr 2018 11:45]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Mick on Talksport in a bit on 11:48 - Apr 11 with 6300 viewstextbackup

We are in our own little bubble, nobody gives two fck a about that team that we’re good in the 70’s and 80’s anymore.
A few might say ‘I thought MM was doing ok’ then a few will say ‘watch his wolves team and they went this way’
Honestly everyone is getting so worked up over nothing.
MM could just slip off on holiday but my money is on him wanting one more dig

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Mick on Talksport in a bit on 11:48 - Apr 11 with 6295 viewsBlueBadger

Mick on Talksport in a bit on 11:45 - Apr 11 by Johnny_Boy

I agree. But as a fair few have already mentioned today, Mick was happy to flame the situation. Like it or not.

I think you've got to be a bit of snowflake to suggest that 'answering a question you've been asked' is fanning the flames.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Mick on Talksport in a bit on 11:50 - Apr 11 with 6263 viewsJohnny_Boy

Mick on Talksport in a bit on 11:48 - Apr 11 by BlueBadger

I think you've got to be a bit of snowflake to suggest that 'answering a question you've been asked' is fanning the flames.

I meant in general. Read Harry's assessment from last night.
Mick on Talksport in a bit on 11:52 - Apr 11 with 6226 viewsBlueBadger

Mick on Talksport in a bit on 11:50 - Apr 11 by Johnny_Boy

I meant in general. Read Harry's assessment from last night.

I can see where he's getting at, but for what it's worth, I reckon that there's a an element that were determined to take offence, regardless of what was said. He could have totally ignored it an uttered bland latitudes limited to discussion about the team or the performance and people would still have used it.

Mick on Talksport in a bit on 11:52 - Apr 11 with 6224 viewsunbelievablue

We're an embarrassment nationally? That's going a bit far.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Login to get fewer ads

Mick on Talksport in a bit on 11:55 - Apr 11 with 6168 viewspablosturn

Mick on Talksport in a bit on 11:52 - Apr 11 by unbelievablue

Doesn't suit peoples agenda to suggest otherwise. Mick walked out because of the fans and their numbskull views, not because he wasn't going to get another contract because he has ultimately failed for the last 18 months, proper fake news!
Mick on Talksport in a bit on 11:57 - Apr 11 with 6133 viewsBlueBadger

Mick on Talksport in a bit on 11:55 - Apr 11 by pablosturn

Doesn't suit peoples agenda to suggest otherwise. Mick walked out because of the fans and their numbskull views, not because he wasn't going to get another contract because he has ultimately failed for the last 18 months, proper fake news!

He didn't get another contract because our performances haven't been very good for the last two years. He's walked early because of a section of entitled, self-obsessed, over-sesntive dickheads who can't let it go. Hope that clears that up, there.
[Post edited 11 Apr 2018 12:02]

Mick on Talksport in a bit on 12:04 - Apr 11 with 6046 viewsHarryWright

Don't be ridiculous, if people would rather listen to 'Jim' who's hasn't watched Ipswich play a game in 2 years then that's on them. Why should we be embarrassed that we don't want to watch boring hoof ball anymore...
Mick on Talksport in a bit on 12:05 - Apr 11 with 6015 viewsJohnny_Boy

Mick on Talksport in a bit on 11:57 - Apr 11 by BlueBadger

He didn't get another contract because our performances haven't been very good for the last two years. He's walked early because of a section of entitled, self-obsessed, over-sesntive dickheads who can't let it go. Hope that clears that up, there.

Even in his own words, to say you are leaving at the end of the season, the final remaining games have a nothingness feel about them. He said it felt like being an interim caretaker manager of your own team.

He should have either walked 2 wks ago, or Evans should have sacked him.

Him staying only furthered the bad feeling. It shouldn't have done. But it did.
Mick on Talksport in a bit on 12:06 - Apr 11 with 5996 viewsHarryWright

Mick on Talksport in a bit on 11:57 - Apr 11 by BlueBadger

I mean not sure what he expected the guy literally called the people that wanted him gone 'numbskulls' not exactly a comment that would calm the situation is it? Oh well thankfully the realists can look forward to something new whilst the happy clappers still cry over there beloved Mick.
Mick on Talksport in a bit on 12:08 - Apr 11 with 5971 viewsBlueBadger

Mick on Talksport in a bit on 12:05 - Apr 11 by Johnny_Boy

Even in his own words, to say you are leaving at the end of the season, the final remaining games have a nothingness feel about them. He said it felt like being an interim caretaker manager of your own team.

He should have either walked 2 wks ago, or Evans should have sacked him.

Him staying only furthered the bad feeling. It shouldn't have done. But it did.

That's not his fault though, is it? It's a combination of spectacularly bad leadership from Evans and pointless dickheadery from a small section of idiots.

Mick on Talksport in a bit on 12:09 - Apr 11 with 5935 viewsGlasgowBlue

Mick on Talksport in a bit on 11:52 - Apr 11 by unbelievablue

The fact that Mick had already said he was going and a section of our support continued abusing him is embarrassing. This has now been picked up nationally.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: Our best central defensive partnership?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Mick on Talksport in a bit on 12:11 - Apr 11 with 5904 viewsunbelievablue

Mick on Talksport in a bit on 12:09 - Apr 11 by GlasgowBlue

The fact that Mick had already said he was going and a section of our support continued abusing him is embarrassing. This has now been picked up nationally.

2+2 = 5.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Mick on Talksport in a bit on 12:11 - Apr 11 with 5904 viewsHarryWright

Mick on Talksport in a bit on 12:08 - Apr 11 by BlueBadger

That's not his fault though, is it? It's a combination of spectacularly bad leadership from Evans and pointless dickheadery from a small section of idiots.

I mean in the same interview he also referred to those fans as 'numbskulls' so yes I'd say he contributed
Mick on Talksport in a bit on 12:15 - Apr 11 with 5851 viewsWeirdFishes

Mick on Talksport in a bit on 12:11 - Apr 11 by HarryWright

I mean in the same interview he also referred to those fans as 'numbskulls' so yes I'd say he contributed

That comment definitely flicked a switch in a certain section of fans who were really never going to let it go, especially after the FO at Carrow Road.

Do think without that comment the last few weeks might not have been so toxic for him.

TWTD Participant
Poll: Who's Worse?

Mick on Talksport in a bit on 12:15 - Apr 11 with 5850 viewsBlueBadger

Mick on Talksport in a bit on 12:06 - Apr 11 by HarryWright

I mean not sure what he expected the guy literally called the people that wanted him gone 'numbskulls' not exactly a comment that would calm the situation is it? Oh well thankfully the realists can look forward to something new whilst the happy clappers still cry over there beloved Mick.

Ah, the 'realists' who decided that being called a mildly insulting term was justification for calling someone a kiddy fiddler.

Mick on Talksport in a bit on 12:16 - Apr 11 with 5829 viewsBlueBadger

Mick on Talksport in a bit on 12:15 - Apr 11 by WeirdFishes

That comment definitely flicked a switch in a certain section of fans who were really never going to let it go, especially after the FO at Carrow Road.

Do think without that comment the last few weeks might not have been so toxic for him.

For what it's worth, they were looking any old excuse and would have found it in the blandest of utterances. Look at the response to his assertion that his departure might also signal the departure of some of his key players(and the abuse meted out to Knudsen for essentially agreeing wth it). If hadn't been 'numbskulls' it would have been something else.
[Post edited 11 Apr 2018 12:20]

Mick on Talksport in a bit on 12:19 - Apr 11 with 5784 viewsclive_baker

Lets be honest, nobody outside of Ipswich fans gives a flying f*** about us.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Mick on Talksport in a bit on 12:20 - Apr 11 with 5773 viewsFtnfwest

being outplayed twice by Lincoln and Portsmouth was enough of a national embarrassment for me (particularly Lincoln on live BBC)
Mick on Talksport in a bit on 12:22 - Apr 11 with 5729 viewsSuperfrans

Mick on Talksport in a bit on 12:15 - Apr 11 by BlueBadger

Ah, the 'realists' who decided that being called a mildly insulting term was justification for calling someone a kiddy fiddler.

The "happy clappers" who have long said Mick should go at the end of this season, that he's had his chance and its time for a fresh start.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

Mick on Talksport in a bit on 12:25 - Apr 11 with 5693 viewsBlueBadger

Mick on Talksport in a bit on 12:22 - Apr 11 by Superfrans

The "happy clappers" who have long said Mick should go at the end of this season, that he's had his chance and its time for a fresh start.

This whole 'happy clappers' is yet another example of Team Numbskull making up something, so that they can get upset at it. I genuinely don't understand it. There's enough reasons to be be grumpy in this world as it is, why make sh1t up as well?

Mick on Talksport in a bit on 12:28 - Apr 11 with 5639 viewsLord_Lucan

Mick on Talksport in a bit on 12:15 - Apr 11 by BlueBadger

I wasn't there but I understand those kid chants were a dozen or so people?

I don't agree with negative chanting (even when things are just a little bad) but Mick Mack has now admitted that he was always walking out last night. It seems that he used his final moments to take another dig at the fans and have a table banging exit. He can't help himself, he brings himself down to our imbeciles level - which I find strange because he isn't stupid and he is obviously a nice man.

I get the feeling Mick thinks he is better than what he is.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024