Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Toxic town 18:42 - Apr 12 with 9269 viewsspringfield

Sick of town supporters
Booing players and annihilating player's confidence
Zero atmosphere at games for years and years
Hounding the manager
What's happened is a disgrace
Whether or not you think MM and TC were good or bad, for fans to turn on the club is wrong
No decent youth/player/manager will come here now if there's an alternative on the table
There's no point blaming MM/Milne/Evans ... it's toxic town fans that are the root cause of where we're at
And before anyone starts with the "buying a season ticket gives me the right to complain" garbage. No it doesn't. It just buys you the right to watch. If you wanna have a say on how the club is run, invest. Buy some shares. Then you'll have that right.

The mindless few have spread their toxic point of view and got what they want. Now lets put this embarrassing period of ITFC behind and start getting behind the team before it really is too late.

(and for the record, it was defo time for MM to go, just NOT in this manner)
Toxic town on 21:21 - Apr 12 with 2635 viewsSlambo

Brilliant post (although I think it's a bit harsh to blame the fans SOLELY for our situation. But we are very culpable).

I propose contacting a club and asking them to establish a section of the ground to house a proper supporters' group, and by proper I mean where fans are expected to chant and make some noise and ONLY in a positive manner. Basically like what Palace have in that Holmesdale end. It would also make it easier to isolate and hopefully eradicate the negative, abusive tw@ts...

UPPA TOWEN!
Blog: Consumer Rights

Toxic town on 21:28 - Apr 12 with 2628 viewswarkthisway

Mooooove on muppet

bentnkuqi

Toxic town on 21:34 - Apr 12 with 2622 viewsbluejacko

Toxic town on 21:10 - Apr 12 by olimar

Knudsen was booed on Saturday. Seemingly because he said he liked the manager and would need to know whether the new manager liked him to know his long term future.

Didn’t hear that myself but it must have really have upset him seeing as he couldn’t wait to do a fist pump with those very same fans you said booed him!
Toxic town on 21:35 - Apr 12 with 2613 viewsBlueBadger

Toxic town on 19:49 - Apr 12 by Johnny_Boy

Numbskulls or 'mindless idiots'

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/mick-mccarthy-labels

'Numbskulls' is a far easier shorthand.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What will Phil's first headline be tomorrow?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Toxic town on 21:42 - Apr 12 with 2609 viewswarkthisway

Toxic town on 21:35 - Apr 12 by BlueBadger

'Numbskulls' is a far easier shorthand.

Paying supporters who have rightly voiced their opinion about being ripped off week after week by a stubborn Yorkshireman and absentee owner.

bentnkuqi

Toxic town on 21:47 - Apr 12 with 2596 viewsFreddies_Ears

Toxic town on 21:42 - Apr 12 by warkthisway

Paying supporters who have rightly voiced their opinion about being ripped off week after week by a stubborn Yorkshireman and absentee owner.

Would that be the absentee owner who goes to most games?
Toxic town on 21:48 - Apr 12 with 2593 viewsBlueBadger

Toxic town on 21:42 - Apr 12 by warkthisway

Paying 'supporters' who decided to call a man who'd already lost his job a peadophile. Paying 'supporters' who booed off a young player making his debut in a game we were winning. Paying 'supporters' who decided to wait for the team bus so's they could gob off a bit more.

If you're upset about being ripped off, DON'T GO. Save your money for better times. This dickheadery, and your ongoing insistence on defending it frankly doesn't deserve the epithet 'team numbskull', 'team pointlessly thick sh1t-for-brains' is way more apt.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.

Toxic town on 21:54 - Apr 12 with 2578 viewsBlueBadger

Toxic town on 21:47 - Apr 12 by Freddies_Ears

Would that be the absentee owner who goes to most games?

Facts are not relevant here, all that really counts is loudly asserting your 'right' to be as abusive a d1ckhead as possible.

Login to get fewer ads

Toxic town on 23:13 - Apr 12 with 2542 viewswarkthisway

Absolute garbage- another armchair supporter no doubt.

bentnkuqi

Toxic town on 23:35 - Apr 12 with 2533 viewsDarth_Koont

Agree with the gist.

Re: shares, there is no right to have a say through buying shares. My old PLC shares are meaningless in any real sense as the new company gave ME an overwhelming majority ownership.

Having said that, the initial share issue showed that when the time came few fans were willing to pay the minimum 200 quid to have a say and possibly even save the club. I know that the ST alone is a serious investment but the poor response to the share offer didn't help fans be seen as more than just customers. Emotionally yes, but if that emotion doesn't translate into cash in money-dominated modern football where fans somehow expect clubs to lose money to compete then it doesn't mean anything.

Pronouns: He/Him

Toxic town on 23:43 - Apr 12 with 2522 viewsDarth_Koont

Toxic town on 23:13 - Apr 12 by warkthisway

Absolute garbage- another armchair supporter no doubt.

Get out of our club.

Or at least take a break from the forum, have a think and come back in a better frame of mind.

Toxic town on 06:06 - Apr 13 with 2479 viewsbluejacko

Toxic town on 21:48 - Apr 12 by BlueBadger

Paying 'supporters' who decided to call a man who'd already lost his job a peadophile. Paying 'supporters' who booed off a young player making his debut in a game we were winning. Paying 'supporters' who decided to wait for the team bus so's they could gob off a bit more.

If you're upset about being ripped off, DON'T GO. Save your money for better times. This dickheadery, and your ongoing insistence on defending it frankly doesn't deserve the epithet 'team numbskull', 'team pointlessly thick sh1t-for-brains' is way more apt.

Total rubbish Cotter got a standing ovation from the whole ground!
The booes were aimed at McCarthy for taking him off,but as usual he twists the facts to suit himself.
Yes the peado chant DID cross aline but please tell me what other chants have been aimed at him that have not been about his style of football?
Toxic town on 11:14 - Apr 13 with 2450 viewswarkthisway

Toxic town on 23:43 - Apr 12 by Darth_Koont

Get out of our club.

Or at least take a break from the forum, have a think and come back in a better frame of mind.

Your club is it - for just the tiny minority who post on here constantly winging about our own fans (who have suffered horrendous football for years and been extremely patient)- and who don't even go to the games themselves.

bentnkuqi

Toxic town on 11:32 - Apr 13 with 2445 viewsDarth_Koont

Toxic town on 11:14 - Apr 13 by warkthisway

Your club is it - for just the tiny minority who post on here constantly winging about our own fans (who have suffered horrendous football for years and been extremely patient)- and who don't even go to the games themselves.

My second line still applies.

Toxic town on 11:40 - Apr 13 with 2436 viewsPilgrimblue

Toxic town on 20:16 - Apr 12 by bluejacko

Can you please tell us all what players have been booed? All has been aimed squarely at MM.
Of course there hasn’t been any atmosphere it has been sucked out of us by boring mindless football!
A few mindless chants about the quality of football is hardly ‘toxic’
Yes it did go over the top at Brentford by a few idiots but the majority of fans had nothing to do with it.
I think that the thousands that have stayed away has had more impact than a few mouthing off with the hierarchy at the club.
All clubs have their idiots but please remember that those chanting in the SBR are not all nasty but just expressing their opinion on the quality of football on display.

That's the trouble with booing for example why did they boo when Cotter was taken off? MM decided that he needed fresh legs like any manager but then he accused fans of booing Cotter. They clearly weren't but ..........

Silence works much better and it avoids fans making fools of themselves when the point they're making is wrong.
Toxic town on 12:29 - Apr 13 with 2413 viewsBenters2

Toxic town on 21:06 - Apr 12 by factual_blue

How do the players know you're not booing them? Do you hold a placard up?

Booing is a blunderbuss - indiscriminately hitting all anywhere remotely near its path.

You haven’t been all season so don’t let it worry you dear.
Toxic town on 15:50 - Apr 13 with 2366 viewsSpruceMoose

Toxic town on 12:29 - Apr 13 by Benters2

You haven’t been all season so don’t let it worry you dear.

Benters, you of all people having a pop at people for not going? Jeez, talk about turds for brains...

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Toxic town on 16:07 - Apr 13 with 2351 viewsPinewoodblue

Toxic town on 06:06 - Apr 13 by bluejacko

Total rubbish Cotter got a standing ovation from the whole ground!
The booes were aimed at McCarthy for taking him off,but as usual he twists the facts to suit himself.
Yes the peado chant DID cross aline but please tell me what other chants have been aimed at him that have not been about his style of football?

He made up his mind before the game. His comments were just another turn of the knife in the wound he created.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024