Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I can’t believe people want Kuqi!! 14:09 - Apr 13 with 4664 viewsMonkey_Blue

Seriously? The guy took two top flight clubs in Finland to 11th( there are only 12 teams in the Top flight. These two teams were 2nd and 4th in the proceeding seasons. In between he did get a club promoted via a play-off.

There is zero evidence he has the ability to manage a team in the 4th biggest league in Europe.
You have teams here spending £15m on one player.

He doesn’t know the players, has never coached at this level, doesn’t have contacts to get is a Lawrence, Fraser of Celina, and doesn’t have the reputation, where by players would be keen to play for him.

The next appointment is very important and whilst I don’t want a Pardew or McLaren, I don’t want to risk a potential Coventry scenario.

We have small budgets and so whatever MMs flaws, league position wise he overachieved. We don’t need some to under achieve based on budget because that’s likely relegation fight or worse.

Steijn is an interesting option and he has the reputation of being the best young coach in Holland and has been linked to the PSV job.

Lincoln’s Cowley as well I guess but they don’t play the beautiful game... so it’s to be seen what style he would employ at a higher level.

[Post edited 13 Apr 2018 14:11]
I can’t believe people want Kuqi!! on 14:19 - Apr 13 with 3373 viewsThijssens_Tash

Amen to that. Would be complete lunacy to appoint Kuqi, a coaching role would be great for him though.

Agree with Cowley statement too. Would support him if he came though, but don't think the style of play would improve.

Steijn ticks all the boxes for me.
I can’t believe people want Kuqi!! on 14:24 - Apr 13 with 3354 viewsJon_456

Whilst I agree reg. kuqi, to say the championship is the 4th biggest league in Europe is ridiculous.

La Liga
Premier League
Bundesliga
Serie A
Ligue Un
Eredivise
Primeira Liga

On top of that you then have Russias, Turkeys, Belgiums, Ukraines, Greece' top leagues which are probably superior if not at least the same level as the championship.
I can’t believe people want Kuqi!! on 14:25 - Apr 13 with 3353 viewsDarth_Koont

Isn't the point that he's far more qualified than Jim was and probably has as much relevant experience as the Cowley brothers?

There are certainly those who are more qualified out there - and probably a better fit to our needs — but Shefki should get some consideration. Maybe not on the shortlist but depends who else shows an interest.

Pronouns: He/Him

I can’t believe people want Kuqi!! on 14:28 - Apr 13 with 3342 viewsHarryWright

I can’t believe people want Kuqi!! on 14:24 - Apr 13 by Jon_456

Whilst I agree reg. kuqi, to say the championship is the 4th biggest league in Europe is ridiculous.

La Liga
Premier League
Bundesliga
Serie A
Ligue Un
Eredivise
Primeira Liga

On top of that you then have Russias, Turkeys, Belgiums, Ukraines, Greece' top leagues which are probably superior if not at least the same level as the championship.

I think he means by viewing figures - it is the 4th most watched league in the world I believe.
I can’t believe people want Kuqi!! on 14:28 - Apr 13 with 3342 viewsCoastalblue

I don't think it will be him, but if it is I wouldn't be upset.

He played most of his career in this country, what makes you think he'd have no contacts?

I know nothing about Steijn beuond what I have read on here, and without the hoax Dutch takeover rumour last year I doubt anybody else would either.

Kuqi would have some negatives, but would have some positives too, not least that this would be a top end job for him, I doubt he'd go into it wanting it to be a stepping stone.

If we go looking for someone who can deliver a position based on budget, we'll likely get someone who delivers a position based on budget.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

I can’t believe people want Kuqi!! on 14:35 - Apr 13 with 3308 viewsEdmundo

I can’t believe people want Kuqi!! on 14:25 - Apr 13 by Darth_Koont

Isn't the point that he's far more qualified than Jim was and probably has as much relevant experience as the Cowley brothers?

There are certainly those who are more qualified out there - and probably a better fit to our needs — but Shefki should get some consideration. Maybe not on the shortlist but depends who else shows an interest.

If we're taking a punt it's got to be the relatively safe Paul Hurst. Is thereany truth in the Frank Lampard rumours though? Does he even want to manage??

Poll: Will our competitors in the Championship "find us out" in 2nd half of season
Blog: Blue Sky Thinking

I can’t believe people want Kuqi!! on 14:36 - Apr 13 with 3298 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Not sure how you come to the conclusion that he’s more qualified than Jim

I’d rather have someone with no experience than someone with pretty much nothing but bad experience

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

I can’t believe people want Kuqi!! on 14:38 - Apr 13 with 3286 viewsJ2BLUE

Doesn't have the reputation? He would have the full weight of the fans behind him. He's not the perfect choice but he is loved by most of the fans. I'm sure the players are professional enough to respect him. He has played at the same level they are at and in the Premier League. I really don't see why they wouldn't respect him.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

I can’t believe people want Kuqi!! on 14:42 - Apr 13 with 3276 viewsDarth_Koont

I can’t believe people want Kuqi!! on 14:36 - Apr 13 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

I’d rather have someone with no experience than someone with pretty much nothing but bad experience

Eh? Jim had zero experience when he got the job.

And Shefki's record isn't bad. Looked like he did a great job in trying circumstances.

I can’t believe people want Kuqi!! on 14:45 - Apr 13 with 3263 viewsLord_Lucan

I can’t believe people want Kuqi!! on 14:42 - Apr 13 by Darth_Koont

And Shefki's record isn't bad. Looked like he did a great job in trying circumstances.

And both his playing and managerial experience are well ahead of Farke down the road.

Not even comparable in fact.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

I can’t believe people want Kuqi!! on 14:46 - Apr 13 with 3255 viewshype313

I can’t believe people want Kuqi!! on 14:36 - Apr 13 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Well, he's managed 3 clubs, how many had Jim managed before managing us?

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

I can’t believe people want Kuqi!! on 14:48 - Apr 13 with 3251 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

I don’t have an intimate knowledge of Finnish football admittedly, but it looks like he achieved a 20% win rate and relegation in his first job (at a team that finished 2nd the season before), did ok initially in his 2nd before leaving with them bottom of the league, and then 2nd bottom with his third

Sounds brilliant

I can’t believe people want Kuqi!! on 14:49 - Apr 13 with 3245 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

I can’t believe people want Kuqi!! on 14:46 - Apr 13 by hype313

Well, he's managed 3 clubs, how many had Jim managed before managing us?

None. How many clubs had Jim demonstrated that he probably wasn’t a good manager at before he managed us?

I can’t believe people want Kuqi!! on 14:52 - Apr 13 with 3235 viewshype313

I can’t believe people want Kuqi!! on 14:49 - Apr 13 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

None. How many clubs had Jim demonstrated that he probably wasn’t a good manager at before he managed us?

"Not sure how you come to the conclusion that he’s more qualified than Jim" It's pretty easy.

Whether he//they are good managers or not is another question.

Personally I don't think Kuqi should be near top of the list.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

I can’t believe people want Kuqi!! on 14:52 - Apr 13 with 3235 viewsThijssens_Tash

Magilton was given the job as a cheap alternative after Royle left, not saying he did a bad job though, was a familiar face to see the club through the takeover of Evans.

Evans now needs to make a calculated risk on a successful young manager, who can fit in with the project at town. Kuqi is not, and would seem a knee jerk reaction to keeping the fans happy, who for some reason are obsessed with an ex town player as manager. It would be very short lived as it would soon turn into disaster.
I can’t believe people want Kuqi!! on 15:05 - Apr 13 with 3168 viewsMonkey_Blue

I can’t believe people want Kuqi!! on 14:38 - Apr 13 by J2BLUE

Doesn't have the reputation? He would have the full weight of the fans behind him. He's not the perfect choice but he is loved by most of the fans. I'm sure the players are professional enough to respect him. He has played at the same level they are at and in the Premier League. I really don't see why they wouldn't respect him.

And we all know that the full weight of the fans is all you need to be successful!!
That would dissaper very quickly if results weren’t good. Do you know what style of play his teams played in Finland? If we just want a manager that the fans have an emotional attachment to we have a dumb bunch of fans.
I can’t believe people want Kuqi!! on 15:08 - Apr 13 with 3154 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

I can’t believe people want Kuqi!! on 14:52 - Apr 13 by hype313

"Not sure how you come to the conclusion that he’s more qualified than Jim" It's pretty easy.

Whether he//they are good managers or not is another question.

Personally I don't think Kuqi should be near top of the list.

How does showing you can’t do something equate to being qualified?

I can’t believe people want Kuqi!! on 15:09 - Apr 13 with 3152 viewsMonkey_Blue

Jim was at the club for a long time and whilst I agree it was a cheap option, the club knew his character. Jim also was very well connected in the game and was a leader in the dressing room for years.
I can’t believe people want Kuqi!! on 15:09 - Apr 13 with 3146 viewsDarth_Koont

I can’t believe people want Kuqi!! on 14:52 - Apr 13 by Thijssens_Tash

Magilton was given the job as a cheap alternative after Royle left, not saying he did a bad job though, was a familiar face to see the club through the takeover of Evans.

Evans now needs to make a calculated risk on a successful young manager, who can fit in with the project at town. Kuqi is not, and would seem a knee jerk reaction to keeping the fans happy, who for some reason are obsessed with an ex town player as manager. It would be very short lived as it would soon turn into disaster.

I hope we get someone who on paper is better. But not sure you can be so confident of how it would go down with Kuqi (or anyone else for that matter).

The manager may be the biggest single factor but there's an awful lot of moving parts in managing a team, outside influences in the form of the opposition, available funds etc. and then there's sheer luck (good or bad).

I can’t believe people want Kuqi!! on 15:11 - Apr 13 with 3128 viewsMonkey_Blue

I can’t believe people want Kuqi!! on 14:28 - Apr 13 by HarryWright

I think he means by viewing figures - it is the 4th most watched league in the world I believe.

Not just viewing figures, the money in the league. The last sky deal has warped the finances massively. Not just those with parachute payments, but the amount available in the prem has hiked up the amounts clubs are prepared to gamble to get there. You have teams spending £15m on a player and guys on £40k a week.
I can’t believe people want Kuqi!! on 15:14 - Apr 13 with 3117 viewsNo9

Some of that I agree with
Alternatively some I don't ITFC are a good case in point where a failed man can succeed
I can’t believe people want Kuqi!! on 15:15 - Apr 13 with 3115 viewsDarth_Koont

I can’t believe people want Kuqi!! on 15:09 - Apr 13 by Monkey_Blue

Jim was at the club for a long time and whilst I agree it was a cheap option, the club knew his character. Jim also was very well connected in the game and was a leader in the dressing room for years.

I'm not saying Jim was a bad choice but that's pretty weak compared to someone who's actually managed teams for a number of years.

I can’t believe people want Kuqi!! on 15:21 - Apr 13 with 3081 viewsMonkey_Blue

I can’t believe people want Kuqi!! on 15:15 - Apr 13 by Darth_Koont

I'm not saying Jim was a bad choice but that's pretty weak compared to someone who's actually managed teams for a number of years.

He did one season at each and both top flight clubs finished 2nd bottom.
Jim had a way better and longer career at a higher level and was well known internally at the club.
He’s been gone from Ipswich for over a decade and from the English game for 5 years.
You can say that Kuqi has shown he’s taken two of his three teams backwards significantly.
I just see no reason he would even be considered. There are ex players I could get excited about, but not just because they were ex players. Sure take a chance on someone but you’d need better indications they could be successful than Kuqi has shown.
I can’t believe people want Kuqi!! on 15:22 - Apr 13 with 3079 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Chill out man.

Stop worrying about something you cant affect.

People can want whoever they like as manager.

I dont think Steijn is that proven either, but each to their own.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

I can’t believe people want Kuqi!! on 15:27 - Apr 13 with 3051 viewsMonkey_Blue

I can’t believe people want Kuqi!! on 14:45 - Apr 13 by Lord_Lucan

And both his playing and managerial experience are well ahead of Farke down the road.

Not even comparable in fact.

What are you talking about? Farke had 8 years managerial experience including having managed Borussia Dortmund II which plays in a league of far higher quality than the Finnish Top Tier.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024