Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fell in love with ITFC around a week ago... 23:41 - Apr 16 with 5944 viewsThe_Fenlander

Hello all.

My wife and I honeymooned in Suffolk last week and utterly fell in love with the place. We stayed in Lavenham and visited Bury St Edmunds, Framlingham, Levington, Aldeburgh, Stowmarket and Woodbridge. We loved every single moment of the holiday and found locals to be proud, hard-grafting and very welcoming.

We're both big rugby fans, but haven't really supported a football team - even though we come from the north east of the country!

Whilst we were in Ipswich on the Tuesday night we visited Christchurch when I realised there was a game on. We decided (on impulse) to go down to Portman Road and see if we could see the game.

I've never enjoyed myself so much. The game was canny (could've been better; could've been worse) but again the people we met were incredible and the drinks afterwards with locals were cracking. We really enjoyed ourselves.

We both got ourselves a t-shirt and scarf the next day as mementos of the visit and have vowed to return a few times each season to stop in Suffolk and travel across for a game.

Fell in love with ITFC around a week ago... on 23:48 - Apr 16 with 5870 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Hi Blueas 👋

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Fell in love with ITFC around a week ago... on 23:49 - Apr 16 with 5865 viewsLord_Lucan

Do you like cheese?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Fell in love with ITFC around a week ago... on 23:51 - Apr 16 with 5865 viewsFixed_It

Glory hunter!

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Fell in love with ITFC around a week ago... on 23:54 - Apr 16 with 5852 viewsfactual_blue

I hope you visited Lavenham Guildhall.

A Mini Metro advert was filmed outside in back in the 1980s.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Fell in love with ITFC around a week ago... on 00:13 - Apr 17 with 5776 viewsBLUEBEAT

You’d love the complete Lovejoy DVD box-set. Go get!

Poll: W or W

Fell in love with ITFC around a week ago... on 04:04 - Apr 17 with 5608 viewsSpruceMoose

Fell in love with ITFC around a week ago... on 00:13 - Apr 17 by BLUEBEAT

And follow that up by watching The Detectorists!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Fell in love with ITFC around a week ago... on 06:20 - Apr 17 with 5518 viewstextbackup

The places you visited are very nice, as a proud Ipswicher even I have to admit that Ipswich itself (town centre) is a mess.
However welcome aboard, please don’t get hopes up tho. We feel let down a fair chunk of the time

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Fell in love with ITFC around a week ago... on 06:27 - Apr 17 with 5494 viewsReuser_is_God

Do you have a son called Jose?

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Login to get fewer ads

Fell in love with ITFC around a week ago... on 06:34 - Apr 17 with 5456 viewsbrogansnose

I'm assuming you live in the Fens ? Whereabouts ?

Oh, technically we aren't all that as a football club atm, but we are the most beautiful and we were managed by Sir Bobby, from the NE, who was the greatest man to have ever graced the planet after Jesus Christ.
Fell in love with ITFC around a week ago... on 06:35 - Apr 17 with 5452 viewsBenters2

Fell in love with ITFC around a week ago... on 06:27 - Apr 17 by Reuser_is_God

Do you have a son called Jose?

Ha!

Thank you and good night.
Fell in love with ITFC around a week ago... on 07:58 - Apr 17 with 5234 viewsBloomBlue

Suffolk can look lovely especially on very dark evenings. When in the county city of Ipswich did you visit the former home of Sir Alf Ramsey (currently for sale) or Sir Bobby Robson (it's either the white or pink painted house, some confusion with that)

The village of Bentley has a nice village green although visit soon as they are building 100 affordable homes on it starting later this year

Dedham is another nice place but is technically in Essex however post the civil war after Brexit we will bring that back to Suffolk

Note. Based on last week avoid the single mother school girls meeting in McDonald's on a Thursday in Ipswich town centre the queue was horrendous
Fell in love with ITFC around a week ago... on 08:49 - Apr 17 with 5032 viewssolemio

Fell in love with ITFC around a week ago... on 07:58 - Apr 17 by BloomBlue

Suffolk can look lovely especially on very dark evenings. When in the county city of Ipswich did you visit the former home of Sir Alf Ramsey (currently for sale) or Sir Bobby Robson (it's either the white or pink painted house, some confusion with that)

The village of Bentley has a nice village green although visit soon as they are building 100 affordable homes on it starting later this year

Dedham is another nice place but is technically in Essex however post the civil war after Brexit we will bring that back to Suffolk

Note. Based on last week avoid the single mother school girls meeting in McDonald's on a Thursday in Ipswich town centre the queue was horrendous

Bentley is NOT in Suffolk. People from there should be Wivenhoe Town or Colchester United supporters.
Fell in love with ITFC around a week ago... on 21:27 - Apr 17 with 4726 viewsThe_Fenlander

Fell in love with ITFC around a week ago... on 08:49 - Apr 17 by solemio

Bentley is NOT in Suffolk. People from there should be Wivenhoe Town or Colchester United supporters.

Thanks for all of the replies!

I am born and bred in County Durham and live and work up here too.
I picked the name Fenlander as I loved the landscape around there.

The wife and I have already pledged to retire to Suffolk when we're both old and grey...and can afford it...

Probably around another 30 years yet.
Fell in love with ITFC around a week ago... on 21:31 - Apr 17 with 4709 viewsSwailsey

Nice :)

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Fell in love with ITFC around a week ago... on 21:38 - Apr 17 with 4674 viewsJ2BLUE

Where were you when we were shi-...

Hang on...

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Fell in love with ITFC around a week ago... on 21:59 - Apr 17 with 4620 viewsMelford

Fell in love with ITFC around a week ago... on 23:54 - Apr 16 by factual_blue

I hope you visited Lavenham Guildhall.

A Mini Metro advert was filmed outside in back in the 1980s.

Don't forget the burning at the stake in Witchfinder General.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

Fell in love with ITFC around a week ago... on 22:11 - Apr 17 with 4564 viewsbluejake78

East Suffolk is a s7ite hole....go west....or North but stop South of Lowestoft.
Fell in love with ITFC around a week ago... on 22:16 - Apr 17 with 4547 viewsMelford

Fell in love with ITFC around a week ago... on 00:13 - Apr 17 by BLUEBEAT

They used to film a lot of that in Melford.

Fell in love with ITFC around a week ago... on 22:29 - Apr 17 with 4515 viewsBLUEBEAT

Perhaps Fenlander should be told Haverhill is in Suffolk?

Poll: W or W

Fell in love with ITFC around a week ago... on 22:38 - Apr 17 with 4486 viewsMelford

Fell in love with ITFC around a week ago... on 22:29 - Apr 17 by BLUEBEAT

Perhaps Fenlander should be told Haverhill is in Suffolk?

And Cornard and Glemsford #banditcountry

Fell in love with ITFC around a week ago... on 22:40 - Apr 17 with 4473 viewsThe_Fenlander

Fell in love with ITFC around a week ago... on 22:38 - Apr 17 by Melford

And Cornard and Glemsford #banditcountry

Isn't Perry Groves from Cornard?
Fell in love with ITFC around a week ago... on 22:50 - Apr 17 with 4444 viewsstantheman

Fell in love with ITFC around a week ago... on 21:27 - Apr 17 by The_Fenlander

Thanks for all of the replies!

I am born and bred in County Durham and live and work up here too.
I picked the name Fenlander as I loved the landscape around there.

The wife and I have already pledged to retire to Suffolk when we're both old and grey...and can afford it...

Probably around another 30 years yet.

You can get a season ticket in the Sir Alf Ramsey stand after your move down in 30 years. You will fit right in. You have to choose a player to pick on all match when you do though.
Fell in love with ITFC around a week ago... on 23:27 - Apr 17 with 4386 viewsHugoagogo

Take all the good humoured banter on here as it is intended! 😀

Suffolk is a beautiful county and I'm glad you both loved it.

Despite the recent dark days at ITFC, it's a wonderful club to support, with a rich history, developing two of the most successful England managers in history.

We pride ourselves in giving managers time to try their best and have had only 16 managers in our professional history.

Welcome to the Club. It's a roller-coaster ride, but the more the merrier. And it could always be worse - you could have chosen Norwich 😂
Fell in love with ITFC around a week ago... on 23:48 - Apr 17 with 4343 viewsThe_Fenlander

Fell in love with ITFC around a week ago... on 23:27 - Apr 17 by Hugoagogo

Take all the good humoured banter on here as it is intended! 😀

Suffolk is a beautiful county and I'm glad you both loved it.

Despite the recent dark days at ITFC, it's a wonderful club to support, with a rich history, developing two of the most successful England managers in history.

We pride ourselves in giving managers time to try their best and have had only 16 managers in our professional history.

Welcome to the Club. It's a roller-coaster ride, but the more the merrier. And it could always be worse - you could have chosen Norwich 😂

Cheers @hugoagogo

I've got very broad shoulders and love a good bit of banter! Plus gallows humour is the best way to support a club! It makes the bright patches even sweeter...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024