Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well, I like him 12:30 - Apr 25 with 30535 viewstextbackup

Like what he had to say, seems to know his stuff, and he hasn’t bullsht at all.

That’s all I, we, have wanted for years, there’s nothing there we didn’t know, but he’s spoken.

I’m back on board

UPPA FCKIN TOWEN

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Well, I like him on 12:57 - Apr 25 with 4212 viewsHerbivore

Well, I like him on 12:50 - Apr 25 by Guthrum

The point is, he's actually said it, himself, on camera. It is no longer supposition or inference, second-hand (or purely text) information. Direct from the horse's mouth, what the key decisionmaker at the club presents himself as actually thinking.

I'm more surprised that people thought there would be any dramatic revelations.

Oh I wasn't expecting anything ground-breaking, I'm just surprised that everyone has done a 180 on Evans because he's said stuff we already know. I guess it depends on how much stock you place on seeing someone's face and hearing their voice. Those things aren't that important to me so I find it a bit odd that people who have spent the past year mocking the five point plan are now lapping it up because they've heard ME speak about it.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Well, I like him on 13:00 - Apr 25 with 4191 viewsJohnny_Boy

Well, I like him on 12:57 - Apr 25 by Herbivore

Oh I wasn't expecting anything ground-breaking, I'm just surprised that everyone has done a 180 on Evans because he's said stuff we already know. I guess it depends on how much stock you place on seeing someone's face and hearing their voice. Those things aren't that important to me so I find it a bit odd that people who have spent the past year mocking the five point plan are now lapping it up because they've heard ME speak about it.

I like the bit where he kept on saying he wanted entertaining & passing football at Portman Road.
Well, I like him on 13:02 - Apr 25 with 4174 viewsHerbivore

Well, I like him on 13:00 - Apr 25 by Johnny_Boy

I like the bit where he kept on saying he wanted entertaining & passing football at Portman Road.

Whilst pointing out that the physical nature of the Championship means that most people play pretty dull football. Again, not really anything new. Some nice soundbites though.

Well, I like him on 13:03 - Apr 25 with 4170 viewsJohnny_Boy

Well, I like him on 12:52 - Apr 25 by Herbivore

He's gone, move on.

For somebody that's been happy to put a positive spin on the last 2 years of dross, your recent negativity is odd. Or it's telling. I'm not quite too sure.
Well, I like him (n/t) on 13:06 - Apr 25 with 4144 viewstextbackup

Well, I like him on 12:52 - Apr 25 by Herbivore

He's gone, move on.

This post has been edited by an administrator

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Well, I like him on 13:08 - Apr 25 with 4122 viewsbluehook

Well, I like him on 12:40 - Apr 25 by Herbivore

You're easily pleased. That was a whole lot of nothing.

Oh god, here he comes - laughing boy.

MM has gone and he’s not coming back.
Well, I like him on 13:09 - Apr 25 with 4119 viewsSwailsey

Agreed. Came across very well.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Well, I like him on 13:09 - Apr 25 with 4122 viewsJohnny_Boy

Well, I like him on 13:02 - Apr 25 by Herbivore

Whilst pointing out that the physical nature of the Championship means that most people play pretty dull football. Again, not really anything new. Some nice soundbites though.

I'm not really a big fan of the interviewer.
I'd assume Evans was sent the questions beforehand so he could prep-up.

Maybe an impartial member of the ITFC family - not officially connected to the Club - might have grilled him on a few more things. Phil, for example.
Login to get fewer ads

Well, I like him on 13:09 - Apr 25 with 4113 viewsHerbivore

Well, I like him on 13:03 - Apr 25 by Johnny_Boy

For somebody that's been happy to put a positive spin on the last 2 years of dross, your recent negativity is odd. Or it's telling. I'm not quite too sure.

Not negative at all, more indifferent. There wasn't much real substance to the interview, some people have been won over by hearing it from the horse's mouth which is fair enough. I'm just surprised by the complete turn around in some people's views based on a pretty vacuous interview.

Well, I like him on 13:11 - Apr 25 with 4091 viewsJ2BLUE

Well, I like him on 13:08 - Apr 25 by bluehook

Oh god, here he comes - laughing boy.

MM has gone and he’s not coming back.

Laughing boy

Quality.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Well, I like him on 13:11 - Apr 25 with 4094 viewsGuthrum

I think it's reassurance that most people were looking for.

When presented with enthusiasm by the person supplying funds, driving it and making the decisions on key staff appointments, a slightly clichéd plan takes on a bit more substance. Especially at a time of flux, when the club could try to progress or become retrenched in survival mode.

He has evinced stability, which we badly need to form a solid basis for growth. Even down to there being no wholesale changes in the back-room staff.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2018 13:14]

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Well, I like him on 13:14 - Apr 25 with 4054 viewsLord_Lucan

Not everyone has done a 180.

Many on here already appreciated him.

If you want to do a "Careful what you wish for" it should be directed about the ownership rather than the management.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2018 13:16]

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Well, I like him on 13:15 - Apr 25 with 4047 viewsJohnny_Boy

Well, I like him on 13:09 - Apr 25 by Herbivore

Not negative at all, more indifferent. There wasn't much real substance to the interview, some people have been won over by hearing it from the horse's mouth which is fair enough. I'm just surprised by the complete turn around in some people's views based on a pretty vacuous interview.

I agree. But nothing's actually changed. The interview will be seen as a waste of time if the appointment is wrong & the want-away ST holders don't return.
Well, I like him on 13:17 - Apr 25 with 4039 viewshorsehollerer

I wouldn't call it a complete turnaround. A lot of the disgruntlement with Marcus has stemmed from his lack of visibility and communication. It's natural for people to want to see a human face explaining the approach and decisions first hand. We just needed to see evidence of some understanding. Now we can relate better to him because he has humanised the leadership of the club that we all love so much, and instilled a bit of empathy and togetherness. Better late than never. A job well done (for now).

Blog: The Late, Late Blubfest Show

Well, I like him on 13:18 - Apr 25 with 4031 viewsPJH

Well, I like him on 13:14 - Apr 25 by Lord_Lucan

If you want to do a "Careful what you wish for" it should be directed about the ownership rather than the management.

I think that short of any of us being able to afford to buy him out, which one ex member of TWTD claimed that they could do, we all should have appreciated him.

Certainly not everyone has done a 180.
Well, I like him on 13:21 - Apr 25 with 4013 viewsHerbivore

Well, I like him on 13:17 - Apr 25 by horsehollerer

I wouldn't call it a complete turnaround. A lot of the disgruntlement with Marcus has stemmed from his lack of visibility and communication. It's natural for people to want to see a human face explaining the approach and decisions first hand. We just needed to see evidence of some understanding. Now we can relate better to him because he has humanised the leadership of the club that we all love so much, and instilled a bit of empathy and togetherness. Better late than never. A job well done (for now).

I thought the main gripe was the lack of funding?

Well, I like him on 13:23 - Apr 25 with 3994 viewsnshearman1

Herb, and only Herb, always knows best.
Well, I like him on 13:24 - Apr 25 with 3991 viewsBluefish

He clearly hates keane and thinks the treatment of Mick was a disgrace. He is also more knowledgeable on football than most of our supporters. He also played out slower fans like a fiddle throughout.

Well played ME

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Well, I like him on 13:24 - Apr 25 with 3989 viewsHerbivore

Well, I like him on 13:14 - Apr 25 by Lord_Lucan

I've not done a 180 either, my view on Evans has always been that as owners go we could do far worse. He doesn't interfere too much, he's financing a good academy, and he pumps in enough money to keep us competitive. I'm just a bit surprised that some (shouldn't have said all) who have accused him of killing our club are now queuing up to give him a handy because he's pointed out that he doesn't interfere too much, finances a good academy, and pumps in enough money to keep us competitive. Still, it's nice that people are getting behind the club again and let's hope he gets his next managerial appointment right.

Well, I like him on 13:24 - Apr 25 with 3988 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Yeah I too think we should ignore his ten years of failure because of this 30 minute interview.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2018 13:24]

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Well, I like him on 13:25 - Apr 25 with 3982 viewsvapour_trail

There’s a lot of very easily pleased people around these parts.

That was a PR exercise to arrest flagging decline in season tickets. Fair play to ME if it works as it’s in our best interests to boost numbers, but if that’s the difference between whether you’re on board or not, I’m getting into advertising.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

This. (n/t) on 13:25 - Apr 25 with 3969 viewsBloots

Well, I like him on 13:25 - Apr 25 by vapour_trail

There’s a lot of very easily pleased people around these parts.

That was a PR exercise to arrest flagging decline in season tickets. Fair play to ME if it works as it’s in our best interests to boost numbers, but if that’s the difference between whether you’re on board or not, I’m getting into advertising.

Elite Level Poster: Elite Level Supporter: Elite Level Human

Well, I like him on 13:26 - Apr 25 with 3971 viewsLord_Lucan

Well, I like him on 13:24 - Apr 25 by The_Romford_Blue

Yeah I too think we should ignore his ten years of failure because of this 30 minute interview.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2018 13:24]

You are acting like a young kid who thinks that everything should be handed to them on a plate.

Oh!

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Well, I like him on 13:28 - Apr 25 with 3946 viewschristiand

ME certainly came across well and measured with his thoughts, perhaps if he did this more often then there would be less angst.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Well, I like him on 13:30 - Apr 25 with 3932 viewsKieran_Knows

Well, I like him on 13:26 - Apr 25 by Lord_Lucan

You are acting like a young kid who thinks that everything should be handed to them on a plate.

Oh!

*gets popcorn ready*

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024