Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well, I like him 12:30 - Apr 25 with 30534 viewstextbackup

Like what he had to say, seems to know his stuff, and he hasn’t bullsht at all.

That’s all I, we, have wanted for years, there’s nothing there we didn’t know, but he’s spoken.

I’m back on board

UPPA FCKIN TOWEN

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Well, I like him on 14:38 - Apr 25 with 2992 viewsPJH

Well, I like him on 13:45 - Apr 25 by monty_radio

Was he wearing white trainers though?

Might have been- as I said, he seems sensible.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2018 14:46]
Well, I like him on 15:52 - Apr 25 with 2916 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Well, I like him on 13:26 - Apr 25 by Lord_Lucan

You are acting like a young kid who thinks that everything should be handed to them on a plate.

Oh!

Naa I just think that when we sell our most important player, he should be replaced by someone other than free agent Leon Best.

Or when we sell a left back for 8m, more than 20% of that is reinvested in transfer fees.

Or when our captain and manager both want the player to stay, it isn’t allowed that it goes to deadline day and he nearly ends up at Nottingham forest.

If that’s wanting everything handed to me, so be it.

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Well, I like him on 15:56 - Apr 25 with 2909 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Well, I like him on 13:53 - Apr 25 by textbackup

Has someone edited my post and I can’t see it?

Naa I was just suprised to see you say you like him.

How you can love the club as much as you do, hate our last manager as much as you did but ‘like’ the owner who’s the biggest reason we’ve deteriorated as a club in the last 10 years absolutely astounds me Texters.

Well, I like him on 15:59 - Apr 25 with 2903 viewsJ2BLUE

Seems to be quite a few people criticising this interview. One of the main reasons i'm satisfied is this:

Long periods of silence from the true leader of the club makes people doubt that Evans truly appreciates the situation we're in. If he really believed his strategy of selling off the assets and replacing them with free agents and cheap players was going to work then we had a problem. He has proven he understands the situation which is a relief. He made lots of good comments about scouting, the academy and the five point plan in general. What we now need is those words put into action. The five point plan needs to be the centre piece of every decision made. It's not a case of suddenly thinking the plan is genius. It's a case of whether he will not appoint a manager to maximise the academy, play attractive football and target lower league players who could be sold on for a decent fee. I actually appreciated the honesty of Evans saying he isn't prepared to match the spending of the clubs with parachute payments. It's much better than hiding behind FFP and talking big only to be let down when it's time for action. I really hope the club push the five point plan idea at every opportunity and we can see the club trying to make that plan work at every level.

He's not suddenly a hero. His words have bought the club a little goodwill. Now we wait and see what happens. If we get to September and we have appointed Cotterill, sold Bart and signed a load of crap 32 year old trialists then that goodwill will evaporate.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Well, I like him on 16:01 - Apr 25 with 2888 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Well, I like him on 15:56 - Apr 25 by The_Romford_Blue

How you can love the club as much as you do, hate our last manager as much as you did but ‘like’ the owner who’s the biggest reason we’ve deteriorated as a club in the last 10 years absolutely astounds me Texters.

Where in your opinion would we be without Marcus?
Well, I like him on 16:04 - Apr 25 with 2874 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Well, I like him on 16:01 - Apr 25 by PrideOfTheEast

Where in your opinion would we be without Marcus?

No idea. Would be a complete guess to imagine where we are would be.

I’d like to think we wouldn’t have halved in ST numbers, had one season challenging for promotion in 10 years and being known for finishing 15th more often than not though.

Well, I like him on 16:07 - Apr 25 with 2869 viewsdirtyboy

Well, I like him on 15:56 - Apr 25 by The_Romford_Blue

The owner is reason we've deteriorated, but only because those beneath him haven't delivered as such.

A bit like my junior, if she f***s up, it's my fault, only it's not, I take the hit as i'm responsible.

The owner has a plan, he is more capable of funding us and being sustainable.

He's said "I have an amount that I can invest per season" that seems like a logical long term system is place. He may well be able to blow £20m, but if that meant we'd have nothing for two more years, it's pretty poor business planning to do so.

If selling Mings and Murphy means he can put a million or so more in the wages budget for a couple of seasons, then fair enough.

McCarthy did a good job with the remit Evans gave him, what Evans has misjudged is the level of apathy that came with the style of football.

12-14th place next year, but playing good football will be deemed a step in the right direction, knowing that the academy will be another year down the line, with the likes of Knight and Co a bit closer to making an impact.

What was important, was to hear the information from Evans. Nothing new, nothing groundbreaking, but from him, so we can just judge his attitude to our club.

It was clear his first intentions were for profit, but 10 years on, he's got the benefit of the club in mind and the longevity in his ability to finance it indefinitely should be considered.

For the record, I think he came across well, scripted or otherwise.
Well, I like him on 16:18 - Apr 25 with 2841 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Well, I like him on 16:07 - Apr 25 by dirtyboy

The owner is reason we've deteriorated, but only because those beneath him haven't delivered as such.

A bit like my junior, if she f***s up, it's my fault, only it's not, I take the hit as i'm responsible.

The owner has a plan, he is more capable of funding us and being sustainable.

He's said "I have an amount that I can invest per season" that seems like a logical long term system is place. He may well be able to blow £20m, but if that meant we'd have nothing for two more years, it's pretty poor business planning to do so.

If selling Mings and Murphy means he can put a million or so more in the wages budget for a couple of seasons, then fair enough.

McCarthy did a good job with the remit Evans gave him, what Evans has misjudged is the level of apathy that came with the style of football.

12-14th place next year, but playing good football will be deemed a step in the right direction, knowing that the academy will be another year down the line, with the likes of Knight and Co a bit closer to making an impact.

What was important, was to hear the information from Evans. Nothing new, nothing groundbreaking, but from him, so we can just judge his attitude to our club.

It was clear his first intentions were for profit, but 10 years on, he's got the benefit of the club in mind and the longevity in his ability to finance it indefinitely should be considered.

For the record, I think he came across well, scripted or otherwise.

For the record, I never said he hasn’t come across well. He’s done what I expected.

But I just can’t believe people like Texters who had such hatred for our last manager, are wetting themselves over this interview. This is the bloke who, even when we were second in the league in January on a budget of 18th, invested 100k for Sears. If he’d have given Mick 5m that transfer window, we’d have been promoted imo. I can’t forgget that over one interview.

Login to get fewer ads

Well, I like him on 16:21 - Apr 25 with 2829 viewsSpruceMoose

Well, I like him on 16:18 - Apr 25 by The_Romford_Blue

For the record, I never said he hasn’t come across well. He’s done what I expected.

But I just can’t believe people like Texters who had such hatred for our last manager, are wetting themselves over this interview. This is the bloke who, even when we were second in the league in January on a budget of 18th, invested 100k for Sears. If he’d have given Mick 5m that transfer window, we’d have been promoted imo. I can’t forgget that over one interview.

Don't worry Rommers. These guys are in the post relationship high now. All they see is limiltess potential. A few nights down Liquid getting the cold shoulder will soon have them back thinking that everything is terrible and looking back on the last few years nostalgically.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Well, I like him on 16:21 - Apr 25 with 2825 viewsJ2BLUE

We don't know if MM asked for money. He did seem to enjoy being a martyr and repeating how little he had spent. We have no idea if Evans cost us promotion or whether it was MM's pride.

Truly impaired.

Well, I like him on 16:23 - Apr 25 with 2812 viewsITFC_Forever

What on earth makes you think ME investing £5m in January 2015 was a realistic expectation?

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Well, I like him on 16:28 - Apr 25 with 2798 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Well, I like him on 16:04 - Apr 25 by The_Romford_Blue

No idea. Would be a complete guess to imagine where we are would be.

I’d like to think we wouldn’t have halved in ST numbers, had one season challenging for promotion in 10 years and being known for finishing 15th more often than not though.

The most likely scenario is that we'd be far worse off than we are now.
Well, I like him on 16:30 - Apr 25 with 2784 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Well, I like him on 16:23 - Apr 25 by ITFC_Forever

What on earth makes you think ME investing £5m in January 2015 was a realistic expectation?

Because that was the best chance we have had in year to go up.

Just a few years prior to that he wasted 3m on Tamas Priskin.

Well, I like him on 16:32 - Apr 25 with 2775 viewsJ2BLUE

Well, I like him on 16:30 - Apr 25 by The_Romford_Blue

Priskin was £1.7m wasn't he?

Truly impaired.

Well, I like him on 16:32 - Apr 25 with 2775 viewsLord_Lucan

He backed his manager, that's what you want isn't it?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Well, I like him on 16:34 - Apr 25 with 2756 viewsDropCliffsNotBombs

Where have you plucked £3m from?
Well, I like him on 16:35 - Apr 25 with 2753 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Well, I like him on 16:32 - Apr 25 by Lord_Lucan

He backed his manager, that's what you want isn't it?

Yes. That is what I wanted.

So why did he refuse to back the best manager we’ve had in his 10 years?

Any good points I make will have you saying I’m wanting it all handed to me again so I don’t really know why I bother tbh.

Well, I like him on 16:35 - Apr 25 with 2740 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Well, I like him on 16:32 - Apr 25 by J2BLUE

Priskin was £1.7m wasn't he?

He actually recouped a surprisingly large chunk of that when he was sent out on loan but yes the initial fee was £1.7m.
Well, I like him on 16:36 - Apr 25 with 2734 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Well, I like him on 16:34 - Apr 25 by DropCliffsNotBombs

Where have you plucked £3m from?

Thought that was how much he was. Apologies if the figure is wrong.

The point is he was happy to let Jewell and Keane waste money but when we had a genuinely good reason for spending (flying high in January), mick got 100k for Sears. That’s it.

Well, I like him on 16:36 - Apr 25 with 2734 viewsgiant_stow

Well, I like him on 16:35 - Apr 25 by The_Romford_Blue

Any good points I make will have you saying I’m wanting it all handed to me again so I don’t really know why I bother tbh.

Has anyone ever looked at their own postings for last day or so? Oh my... so sorry. Was Ullaa
Poll: A clasmate tells your son their going to beat him up in the playground after sch

Well, I like him on 16:36 - Apr 25 with 2733 viewsJ2BLUE

One thing to keep in mind is that you have the benefit of hindsight. I'm sure Evans could now look back at exactly what we needed and wish he had given £5m if that's what it had taken.

Truly impaired.

Well, I like him on 16:37 - Apr 25 with 2733 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Didn't Sears come in and perform very well? If he had spent £5m on an alternative, upset the rest of the players (as a £5m player would be paid double), would we have finished 6th? I doubt it.
Well, I like him on 16:37 - Apr 25 with 2729 viewsdirtyboy

Only a fool lives in the past.

I'm confident if that situation arised again then Evans would push himself for some extra investment, but like most people, it's a case of learning from experience.

Let it go.
Well, I like him on 16:38 - Apr 25 with 2725 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Well, I like him on 16:36 - Apr 25 by The_Romford_Blue

Thought that was how much he was. Apologies if the figure is wrong.

The point is he was happy to let Jewell and Keane waste money but when we had a genuinely good reason for spending (flying high in January), mick got 100k for Sears. That’s it.

But Sears did better than Priskin. Doesn't that tell you a lot?
Well, I like him on 16:38 - Apr 25 with 2723 viewsLord_Lucan

He financially backed Jewell and Keane and look where it got him.

He got burnt.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024