Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best Fry Up in Ipswich (surrounding areas) 20:13 - May 2 with 25196 viewsSpruceMoose

Right you lot. Where's the best fry up you've lot have come across? I'll be back in town soonish for the first time in a while, and the missus wants to get to grips with a full English seeing as she's from the land of breakfast pancakes and all that muck.

Poster with the best suggestion gets an upvote (or a downvote in the case of Grimboy coming up trumps).

Edit: J2 and Rommy need not apply.
[Post edited 2 May 2018 20:14]

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Best Fry Up in Ipswich (surrounding areas) on 20:08 - May 3 with 4599 viewsSpruceMoose

Best Fry Up in Ipswich (surrounding areas) on 20:04 - May 3 by Dubtractor

Random question Sprucey, just throwing it out there, but might you at one point have visited a glass recycling plant in Yorkshire with me?

The day after the General Election? Possibly.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Best Fry Up in Ipswich (surrounding areas) on 20:09 - May 3 with 4597 viewsDubtractor

Best Fry Up in Ipswich (surrounding areas) on 20:06 - May 3 by NewcyBlue

Ipswich is as average as average gets. It’s got some brilliant restaurants, decent pubs.

I can’t knock it really.

Its a decent place to live, overall, but the only thing that annoys me is the lack of a decent music scene.

But I think a lot of that is due to the proximity to London.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Best Fry Up in Ipswich (surrounding areas) on 20:10 - May 3 with 4591 viewsSpruceMoose

Best Fry Up in Ipswich (surrounding areas) on 20:09 - May 3 by Dubtractor

Its a decent place to live, overall, but the only thing that annoys me is the lack of a decent music scene.

Be nice if it had a decent football side too. Think it used to.

There is one obvious answer. on 20:10 - May 3 with 4589 viewsFunge

That bus on the A12 lay-by next to the BT tower, is the one.

£7, real talk sausages, good bacon, infinite tea, and the bloke who owns it knows a shedload about boxing.

Good day.
There is one obvious answer. on 20:11 - May 3 with 4586 viewsSpruceMoose

There is one obvious answer. on 20:10 - May 3 by Funge

£7, real talk sausages, good bacon, infinite tea, and the bloke who owns it knows a shedload about boxing.

Good day.

I'm interested in the infinite tea. How does that work? Can I buy one mug then get free refills for the rest of my life?

Best Fry Up in Ipswich (surrounding areas) on 20:12 - May 3 with 4582 viewsPJH

Best Fry Up in Ipswich (surrounding areas) on 19:59 - May 3 by SpruceMoose

I do too. Mrs Moose thinks Ipswich is pretty nice too. I guess a fresh set of eyes and all that.

I find the people who are most down on Ipswich are the people that have never been anywhere else. You know the kind, a trip to Bury is about their maximum.

Or anywhere else in Greater Manchester?
Best Fry Up in Ipswich (surrounding areas) on 20:12 - May 3 with 4581 viewsNewcyBlue

One thing she was surprised by was the prices in restaurants.

She thought they were a tad expensive.

I guess that’s life down South though.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Best Fry Up in Ipswich (surrounding areas) on 20:15 - May 3 with 4567 viewsJ2BLUE

Ed Sheeran's comments would suggest so.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Login to get fewer ads

Best Fry Up in Ipswich (surrounding areas) on 22:49 - May 3 with 4526 viewsSonOfSpock

I can thoroughly recommend Bramford water park.

Fry up can include black pudding, which is a necessity in my book. Decorated in an American diner style. Everybody is a winner
There is one obvious answer. on 23:08 - May 3 with 4514 viewsLord_Lucan

Good day.

About 10 years ago I noticed that place for sale, it was on EBay I think.

Anyhoo I wanted to get my Mother in Law back doing things as she had lost her way a bit after Father in Law bit the dust. I thought she could run it and I had cash on my hip.

Now I'm not sure if the same people own it now but it was ridiculous.

I was sitting down in the bus thing talking to the owner and I asked if he had permission from the council to operate there. The answer was "No, but we haven't had a problem". I then asked to look at his books and he replied "I don't really keep books". Whilst I was talking with this owner / chef about a kilo of dead skin had fell from his head and face, at this point his soon to be ex partner came in looking like a fat lesbian Suzi Quatro so I cut to the chase and asked how much he wanted for this unlicensed mysterious bus and he told me he wanted £30k

I left.

Does it sound like the same bloke?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Best Fry Up in Ipswich (surrounding areas) on 23:32 - May 3 with 4493 viewsimsureazzure

Best Fry Up in Ipswich (surrounding areas) on 22:49 - May 3 by SonOfSpock

I can thoroughly recommend Bramford water park.

Fry up can include black pudding, which is a necessity in my book. Decorated in an American diner style. Everybody is a winner

Cash only which I dislike and deep fried sausage, not as good as it used to be by some distance. Quite a way out from Ipswich but the café off the A14 east bound at Elmswell/Wetherden called the Stag is ace.
Best Fry Up in Ipswich (surrounding areas) on 23:47 - May 3 with 4479 viewsLord_Lucan

Best Fry Up in Ipswich (surrounding areas) on 23:32 - May 3 by imsureazzure

Cash only which I dislike and deep fried sausage, not as good as it used to be by some distance. Quite a way out from Ipswich but the café off the A14 east bound at Elmswell/Wetherden called the Stag is ace.

I had heard great things about The Waterpark but was then advised (on here) that it had gone tits up. I still haven't been and probably won't bother.

Anyone who recommends a place that cooks a deep fried sausage is a wrongun.

I find that most places do tend to have one problem on their plate, whether it be sloppy beans, undercooked bacon, not enough sausage or whatever.

Spending half the week in Nodge I have perfected my local fry up breakfast. It's only about 100 yards away and it is great. He does so many options but all of them had something that irked me so I told him what I like and we developed "The Lucan". I go in there once or twice a week and as soon as he sees me staggering up the road he bangs it on. By the time I have got to my seat I have a mug of black tea on my table and my sausage is sizzling. It is clean as you like but has and old fashioned greasy spoon feeling. It's great.

NR1 Cafe, Hall Rd, Nodge. Super stuff.

I'll take a pic tomorrow or Saturday.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

There is one obvious answer. on 03:52 - May 4 with 4420 viewsgobs93

Good day.

I think it's called the Holeshot Café?

I think I remember the bloke saying he was an ex-con which made for interesting breakfast chat. Unbelievable fry up though would definitely recommend!
Best Fry Up in Ipswich (surrounding areas) on 08:36 - May 4 with 4394 viewsDubtractor

Best Fry Up in Ipswich (surrounding areas) on 23:47 - May 3 by Lord_Lucan

I had heard great things about The Waterpark but was then advised (on here) that it had gone tits up. I still haven't been and probably won't bother.

I find that most places do tend to have one problem on their plate, whether it be sloppy beans, undercooked bacon, not enough sausage or whatever.

Spending half the week in Nodge I have perfected my local fry up breakfast. It's only about 100 yards away and it is great. He does so many options but all of them had something that irked me so I told him what I like and we developed "The Lucan". I go in there once or twice a week and as soon as he sees me staggering up the road he bangs it on. By the time I have got to my seat I have a mug of black tea on my table and my sausage is sizzling. It is clean as you like but has and old fashioned greasy spoon feeling. It's great.

What annoys me about a lot of breakfasts, is having my beans served in a stupid pot on the plate.

Just put them on the plate FFS.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.

Best Fry Up in Ipswich (surrounding areas) on 08:57 - May 4 with 4375 viewsSwansea_Blue

Best Fry Up in Ipswich (surrounding areas) on 08:36 - May 4 by Dubtractor

What annoys me about a lot of breakfasts, is having my beans served in a stupid pot on the plate.

Just put them on the plate FFS.

Or food served on a slate.

Or 'deconstructed' food (= lazy b@stard cook/chef)

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Best Fry Up in Ipswich (surrounding areas) on 09:01 - May 4 with 4372 viewshype313

The council had a real opportunity to turn the old Hollywoods into a place like the Cambridge Junction, have bands, Dance Events, comedians etc but they want it to be a CBD so people don't feel scared walking from the station to the town centre.

Which is why arts in this country is dying.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Best Fry Up in Ipswich (surrounding areas) on 09:09 - May 4 with 4365 viewsITFC_Forever

Best Fry Up in Ipswich (surrounding areas) on 23:47 - May 3 by Lord_Lucan

Did that used to be Pat's Cafe twenty odd years ago?

Row of shops, set back from the road towards the city end of Hall Road?

P 1125, W 501, D 288, L 336, F 1709, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Best Fry Up in Ipswich (surrounding areas) on 10:45 - May 4 with 4349 viewsLord_Lucan

Best Fry Up in Ipswich (surrounding areas) on 09:09 - May 4 by ITFC_Forever

Did that used to be Pat's Cafe twenty odd years ago?

Row of shops, set back from the road towards the city end of Hall Road?

Well I don't know as I've only been coming up here for a couple of years but your directions and description is spot on - and I have been told it was a cafe many moons ago before the new bloke took the units.

There is one obvious answer. on 10:57 - May 4 with 4343 viewsitfcjoe

Good day.

Admiral?

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Best Fry Up in Ipswich (surrounding areas) on 11:01 - May 4 with 4340 viewsLord_Lucan

Best Fry Up in Ipswich (surrounding areas) on 09:01 - May 4 by hype313

The council had a real opportunity to turn the old Hollywoods into a place like the Cambridge Junction, have bands, Dance Events, comedians etc but they want it to be a CBD so people don't feel scared walking from the station to the town centre.

Which is why arts in this country is dying.

What is a CBD?

Best Fry Up in Ipswich (surrounding areas) on 11:08 - May 4 with 4333 viewshype313

Best Fry Up in Ipswich (surrounding areas) on 11:01 - May 4 by Lord_Lucan

What is a CBD?

Central Business District

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Best Fry Up in Ipswich (surrounding areas) on 12:47 - May 4 with 4288 viewsDubtractor

Purely for research purposes, I tried the reopened Grazing Sheep this morning for breakfast.

Tres bon.

black pudding, shrooms, sausage patty, bacon, poached eggs and tomato on toasted muffins.

Best Fry Up in Ipswich (surrounding areas) on 12:59 - May 4 with 4279 viewsLord_Lucan

Best Fry Up in Ipswich (surrounding areas) on 12:47 - May 4 by Dubtractor

Purely for research purposes, I tried the reopened Grazing Sheep this morning for breakfast.

Tres bon.

black pudding, shrooms, sausage patty, bacon, poached eggs and tomato on toasted muffins.

That sounds nice

Wherethefeckisit

Best Fry Up in Ipswich (surrounding areas) on 13:01 - May 4 with 4273 viewsitfcjoe

Best Fry Up in Ipswich (surrounding areas) on 12:59 - May 4 by Lord_Lucan

That sounds nice

Wherethefeckisit

On the waterfront next to Pizza Express and The Waterfront I think

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Best Fry Up in Ipswich (surrounding areas) on 13:06 - May 4 with 4261 viewsDubtractor

Best Fry Up in Ipswich (surrounding areas) on 13:01 - May 4 by itfcjoe

On the waterfront next to Pizza Express and The Waterfront I think

What he said.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024