Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Made a rather grim discovery in Ravenwood last night 10:13 - May 3 with 10421 viewsmonytowbray

The Thrasher pub on the roundabout has kitted out the pub ceiling in sports memorabilia, as well as having some bits behind the bar.

The barman looked slightly baffled when I asked him why the f*ck they had a Norwich city mug in clear view. He then pointed at the ceiling and at the far end of the pub is a scum shirt in all it's disgustingness.

I honestly don't think I want to drink there anymore. I mean, it was on thin ice anyway as it's a fairly overpriced chain pub but it's one of two fairly rubbish options near my house for a beer.

Am I alone in thinking it's mad to have an Ipswich pub displaying a Scum shirt? And am I even madder for wondering how it's not been ripped down and set on fire yet?

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Made a rather grim discovery in Ravenwood last night on 10:14 - May 3 with 6145 viewsJ2BLUE

Someone posted about this recently. It's madness. It really is stupid of them to do it.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Made a rather grim discovery in Ravenwood last night on 10:15 - May 3 with 6119 viewsStokieBlue

It does seem a totally bizarre thing to do. One can only assume some fool in their head office bought all the stuff and said put it up.

Someone should have piped up and said it was a bad idea though.

I don't think you'll be missing much if you shift your drinking to a different venue.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

Made a rather grim discovery in Ravenwood last night on 10:16 - May 3 with 6131 viewsGeoffSentence

If they have to have a.budgie shirt for completeness, then it should be screwed up and in the bogs for cleaning purposes,not on full display as if it were normal.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Made a rather grim discovery in Ravenwood last night on 10:19 - May 3 with 6112 viewsBasuco

It is an instant no go area now, nearly as bad as pubs serving peas and sweetcorn on the same plate! But not quite as you can specify no sweetcorn.
Made a rather grim discovery in Ravenwood last night on 10:19 - May 3 with 6112 viewsmonytowbray

Made a rather grim discovery in Ravenwood last night on 10:15 - May 3 by StokieBlue

It does seem a totally bizarre thing to do. One can only assume some fool in their head office bought all the stuff and said put it up.

Someone should have piped up and said it was a bad idea though.

I don't think you'll be missing much if you shift your drinking to a different venue.

SB

The bloke behind the bar said punters donated them, so I imagine they may have a scummer drinking in there.

Still, if I lived Norwich I wouldn't even dare bring an ITFC shirt in my local to hang up because I'd be well aware it was taking the p1ss.

I mean, I stuck an ITFC sticker up in the Steam Packet when I played a gig in scum recently but that was banter and I expected it lasted a week tops, but actively asking a pub to hang your rival team's kit with no sense of irony? Mental.

TWTD never forgets…

Made a rather grim discovery in Ravenwood last night on 10:19 - May 3 with 6108 viewsmonytowbray

Made a rather grim discovery in Ravenwood last night on 10:14 - May 3 by J2BLUE

Someone posted about this recently. It's madness. It really is stupid of them to do it.

Link to OP?

TWTD never forgets…

Made a rather grim discovery in Ravenwood last night on 10:28 - May 3 with 6056 viewsReuser_is_God

Your 1st mistake here was visiting The Thrasher.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Made a rather grim discovery in Ravenwood last night on 10:30 - May 3 with 6040 viewsmonytowbray

Made a rather grim discovery in Ravenwood last night on 10:28 - May 3 by Reuser_is_God

Don't remind me. The worst thing about RW living is a lack of a proper pub.

TWTD never forgets…

Login to get fewer ads

Made a rather grim discovery in Ravenwood last night on 10:31 - May 3 with 6042 viewsartsbossbeard

Made a rather grim discovery in Ravenwood last night on 10:28 - May 3 by Reuser_is_God

Thankfully, locals can top up their wardrobe at Sportsdirect before entering.

I think you're only allowed in the main eatery bit if you're wearing a pair of Lonsdale slip ons.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Made a rather grim discovery in Ravenwood last night on 10:33 - May 3 with 6020 viewsReuser_is_God

Made a rather grim discovery in Ravenwood last night on 10:30 - May 3 by monytowbray

The Raven used to be decent but it’s a Generous George now or something ain’t it? Been a few times & it seems to have gone down hill.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Made a rather grim discovery in Ravenwood last night on 10:35 - May 3 with 6011 viewsitfcjoe

Made a rather grim discovery in Ravenwood last night on 10:30 - May 3 by monytowbray

Should be a refurb at Golden Hind soon, although not sure much will change clientele wise

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Made a rather grim discovery in Ravenwood last night on 10:36 - May 3 with 6003 viewshype313

Made a rather grim discovery in Ravenwood last night on 10:31 - May 3 by artsbossbeard

Thankfully, locals can top up their wardrobe at Sportsdirect before entering.

I think you're only allowed in the main eatery bit if you're wearing a pair of Lonsdale slip ons.

With white socks.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Made a rather grim discovery in Ravenwood last night on 10:37 - May 3 with 5987 viewsartsbossbeard

Made a rather grim discovery in Ravenwood last night on 10:36 - May 3 by hype313

With white socks.

+ Pierre Cardin polo, Tap out jeans/Everlast trackies.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Made a rather grim discovery in Ravenwood last night on 10:39 - May 3 with 5976 viewshype313

Made a rather grim discovery in Ravenwood last night on 10:37 - May 3 by artsbossbeard

+ Pierre Cardin polo, Tap out jeans/Everlast trackies.

Lol, really is the place where brands go to die.

Without wanting to sound snobbish, anyone wearing a Tap out garment wouldn't get my time of day.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Made a rather grim discovery in Ravenwood last night on 11:39 - May 3 with 5787 viewsmarcus1642

Made a rather grim discovery in Ravenwood last night on 10:39 - May 3 by hype313

Lol, really is the place where brands go to die.

Without wanting to sound snobbish, anyone wearing a Tap out garment wouldn't get my time of day.

Not everyone can afford over priced clothes. And yes you do sound snobby.
Made a rather grim discovery in Ravenwood last night on 11:50 - May 3 with 5751 viewsmonytowbray

Made a rather grim discovery in Ravenwood last night on 11:39 - May 3 by marcus1642

Not everyone can afford over priced clothes. And yes you do sound snobby.

I rarely if ever buy overpriced clothes and I still have T-shirts that I've had since I was a teenager.

But I also don't wear Tap Out because I'm not a c*nt.

TWTD never forgets…

Made a rather grim discovery in Ravenwood last night on 11:53 - May 3 with 5729 viewsGeoffSentence

Made a rather grim discovery in Ravenwood last night on 11:50 - May 3 by monytowbray

I rarely if ever buy overpriced clothes and I still have T-shirts that I've had since I was a teenager.

But I also don't wear Tap Out because I'm not a c*nt.

Being a middle aged gentleman I have never heard of tap out before, what makes it so cwnty?

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Made a rather grim discovery in Ravenwood last night on 11:58 - May 3 with 5714 viewsmonytowbray

Made a rather grim discovery in Ravenwood last night on 11:53 - May 3 by GeoffSentence

Being a middle aged gentleman I have never heard of tap out before, what makes it so cwnty?

It's the tribal tattoo of clothing basically.

TWTD never forgets…

Made a rather grim discovery in Ravenwood last night on 12:27 - May 3 with 5591 viewsbluewein

Be more specific. Which Norwich mug was it?

Holt...? Eadie...? Sutton...?

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

Made a rather grim discovery in Ravenwood last night on 12:31 - May 3 with 5565 viewsDeano69

So would that count as the scum have 'taken' that pub?

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Made a rather grim discovery in Ravenwood last night on 12:57 - May 3 with 5474 viewsBenters2

RKD said that the other day xoxo
Made a rather grim discovery in Ravenwood last night on 12:59 - May 3 with 5456 viewsJ2BLUE

Made a rather grim discovery in Ravenwood last night on 10:19 - May 3 by monytowbray

Link to OP?

The Thrasher by RoyKeanesDog 13 Apr 2018 17:07
Has as a Norwich shirt pinned up. Avoid.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Made a rather grim discovery in Ravenwood last night on 13:07 - May 3 with 5415 viewsCheshire_Tractor

Don't call it a mug, it's the biggest cup they've ever had their hands on.
Made a rather grim discovery in Ravenwood last night on 13:08 - May 3 with 5410 viewsunbelievablue

Was it the fact that you lived in Ravenswood?
[Post edited 3 May 2018 13:08]

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Made a rather grim discovery in Ravenwood last night on 13:08 - May 3 with 5407 viewsmonytowbray

Made a rather grim discovery in Ravenwood last night on 13:08 - May 3 by unbelievablue

Was it the fact that you lived in Ravenswood?
[Post edited 3 May 2018 13:08]

I have that realisation every time I walk back from Town.

TWTD never forgets…

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024