Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Made a rather grim discovery in Ravenwood last night 10:13 - May 3 with 10471 viewsmonytowbray

The Thrasher pub on the roundabout has kitted out the pub ceiling in sports memorabilia, as well as having some bits behind the bar.

The barman looked slightly baffled when I asked him why the f*ck they had a Norwich city mug in clear view. He then pointed at the ceiling and at the far end of the pub is a scum shirt in all it's disgustingness.

I honestly don't think I want to drink there anymore. I mean, it was on thin ice anyway as it's a fairly overpriced chain pub but it's one of two fairly rubbish options near my house for a beer.

Am I alone in thinking it's mad to have an Ipswich pub displaying a Scum shirt? And am I even madder for wondering how it's not been ripped down and set on fire yet?

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Made a rather grim discovery in Ravenwood last night on 13:10 - May 3 with 3654 viewsunbelievablue

Made a rather grim discovery in Ravenwood last night on 13:08 - May 3 by monytowbray

I have that realisation every time I walk back from Town.

Bit of a trek ain't it. I used to occasionally walk back to Broke Hall but it took it out of me.

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Made a rather grim discovery in Ravenwood last night on 13:24 - May 3 with 3637 viewstcblue

Made a rather grim discovery in Ravenwood last night on 10:16 - May 3 by GeoffSentence

If they have to have a.budgie shirt for completeness, then it should be screwed up and in the bogs for cleaning purposes,not on full display as if it were normal.

I would rather fish turds out of the pan with my bare hands.
Made a rather grim discovery in Ravenwood last night on 14:13 - May 3 with 3606 viewsmonytowbray

Made a rather grim discovery in Ravenwood last night on 13:10 - May 3 by unbelievablue

Bit of a trek ain't it. I used to occasionally walk back to Broke Hall but it took it out of me.

it's a nice post-football sober up walk.

In other news, nothing like some Twitter outrage at the brand. Poking the bear...

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Made a rather grim discovery in Ravenwood last night on 14:54 - May 3 with 3574 viewsBenters2

Made a rather grim discovery in Ravenwood last night on 12:59 - May 3 by J2BLUE

The Thrasher by RoyKeanesDog 13 Apr 2018 17:07
Has as a Norwich shirt pinned up. Avoid.

This.
Made a rather grim discovery in Ravenwood last night on 14:58 - May 3 with 3568 viewsSpruceMoose

Made a rather grim discovery in Ravenwood last night on 14:13 - May 3 by monytowbray

it's a nice post-football sober up walk.

In other news, nothing like some Twitter outrage at the brand. Poking the bear...

Let's be honest. Greene King are an awful brewery and their beers are terrible. They hark back to the days of sticky pub carpets and ale which smells like a taxi driver's guff.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Made a rather grim discovery in Ravenwood last night on 17:32 - May 3 with 3503 viewsZedRodgers

Thrasher had a Norwich supporting landlord + landlady for a number of years in the late 90s. I’d say many of you visited it during their tenure and put money in their pockets.

Makes this whole argument quite tenable.

No, not at the moment

Made a rather grim discovery in Ravenwood last night on 18:31 - May 3 with 3465 viewswaspsforever1

Wrong wrong. Mailing greedy king now
Thirty mails from people on here and it will be gone
[Post edited 3 May 2018 18:41]
Made a rather grim discovery in Ravenwood last night on 18:41 - May 3 with 3449 viewsZedRodgers

Made a rather grim discovery in Ravenwood last night on 17:32 - May 3 by ZedRodgers

Thrasher had a Norwich supporting landlord + landlady for a number of years in the late 90s. I’d say many of you visited it during their tenure and put money in their pockets.

Oi J2BLUE why are you downvoting me pal?

Two page thread about Norwich infiltrating The Thrasher and I’m the only one to mention it was Norwich-run in the 90s. You should be thanking me if anything.

Sort it out.

No, not at the moment

Login to get fewer ads

Made a rather grim discovery in Ravenwood last night on 18:53 - May 3 with 3439 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Made a rather grim discovery in Ravenwood last night on 10:19 - May 3 by monytowbray

The bloke behind the bar said punters donated them, so I imagine they may have a scummer drinking in there.

Still, if I lived Norwich I wouldn't even dare bring an ITFC shirt in my local to hang up because I'd be well aware it was taking the p1ss.

I mean, I stuck an ITFC sticker up in the Steam Packet when I played a gig in scum recently but that was banter and I expected it lasted a week tops, but actively asking a pub to hang your rival team's kit with no sense of irony? Mental.

If I lived in Norwich and my local was hanging up sports apparel I’d blatantly take in an Ipswich shirt for them

I wouldn’t expect them to actually hang it up though

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Made a rather grim discovery in Ravenwood last night on 18:57 - May 3 with 3437 viewsbournemouthblue

Made a rather grim discovery in Ravenwood last night on 17:32 - May 3 by ZedRodgers

Yes but did they rub it in the face of pubgoers in quite this way?

It's certainly a bold strategy for a pub which has Sky Sports on in it etc

As for the Raven (for whoever mentioned it) It is still the Raven and still run by Marstons? I'd say the menu is probably better than is was before, it's probably not to everyone's taste but reasonably good for the price when compared to other middle of the road chain pubs

Beer wise it remains fairly similar to how it used to be?

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Made a rather grim discovery in Ravenwood last night on 19:26 - May 3 with 3415 viewsSpruceMoose

Made a rather grim discovery in Ravenwood last night on 18:41 - May 3 by ZedRodgers

Two page thread about Norwich infiltrating The Thrasher and I’m the only one to mention it was Norwich-run in the 90s. You should be thanking me if anything.

Sort it out.

Top blubbing son, top blubbing!

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Made a rather grim discovery in Ravenwood last night on 19:29 - May 3 with 3411 viewsJ2BLUE

Made a rather grim discovery in Ravenwood last night on 18:41 - May 3 by ZedRodgers

Sort it out.

Supporting Norwich is tolerable if they keep it to themselves. Perhaps we need a rule: don't ask, don't tell. We should not have to tolerate the lifestyle choices of Norwich fans. Putting their shirt up is sick and our children shouldn't be forced to encounter such sins.
[Post edited 3 May 2018 19:30]

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Made a rather grim discovery in Ravenwood last night on 19:49 - May 3 with 3386 viewsNewcyBlue

Made a rather grim discovery in Ravenwood last night on 19:29 - May 3 by J2BLUE

Supporting Norwich is tolerable if they keep it to themselves. Perhaps we need a rule: don't ask, don't tell. We should not have to tolerate the lifestyle choices of Norwich fans. Putting their shirt up is sick and our children shouldn't be forced to encounter such sins.

Children? I assumed you’d die alone with 19 cats.

Poll: Who has been the best Bond?

Made a rather grim discovery in Ravenwood last night on 19:50 - May 3 with 3380 viewsJ2BLUE

Made a rather grim discovery in Ravenwood last night on 19:49 - May 3 by NewcyBlue

Don't be stupid mate, I hate cats, i'll be dying alone.

Truly impaired.

Made a rather grim discovery in Ravenwood last night on 19:50 - May 3 with 3381 viewsSpruceMoose

Made a rather grim discovery in Ravenwood last night on 19:49 - May 3 by NewcyBlue

19 seems a weird number. I assume cat number 20 perished in a tragic J2 related eating accident?

Made a rather grim discovery in Ravenwood last night on 19:52 - May 3 with 3380 viewsNewcyBlue

Made a rather grim discovery in Ravenwood last night on 19:50 - May 3 by J2BLUE

Don't be stupid mate, I hate cats, i'll be dying alone.

I know someone that you’d get on really well with actually mate. If you’re interested.

Smart, funny, good job, a real catch.

You’d like him a lot.

Made a rather grim discovery in Ravenwood last night on 19:54 - May 3 with 3369 viewsJ2BLUE

Made a rather grim discovery in Ravenwood last night on 19:52 - May 3 by NewcyBlue

I know someone that you’d get on really well with actually mate. If you’re interested.

Smart, funny, good job, a real catch.

You’d like him a lot.

Mate, we've been through this...i'm flattered but not interested, i'm sorry.

Truly impaired.

Made a rather grim discovery in Ravenwood last night on 19:58 - May 3 with 3359 viewsNewcyBlue

Made a rather grim discovery in Ravenwood last night on 19:54 - May 3 by J2BLUE

Mate, we've been through this...i'm flattered but not interested, i'm sorry.

Sorry Callis, I tried for you.

Made a rather grim discovery in Ravenwood last night on 20:19 - May 3 with 3331 viewsJ2BLUE

Made a rather grim discovery in Ravenwood last night on 19:58 - May 3 by NewcyBlue

Sorry Callis, I tried for you.

For some reason I thought Spruce made that last post...

Truly impaired.

Made a rather grim discovery in Ravenwood last night on 21:18 - May 3 with 3290 viewsjaseitfc

Broken Brexit Britain
Made a rather grim discovery in Ravenwood last night on 21:22 - May 3 with 3278 viewswkj

I surprised you went in the thrasher at all being vegan, they grill meat and veg on the same plancha, and walking over the carpets in there is cruelty to animals as the thing is practically a lifeforms in itself

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Made a rather grim discovery in Ravenwood last night on 21:49 - May 3 with 3250 viewsGeoffSentence

Made a rather grim discovery in Ravenwood last night on 19:50 - May 3 by SpruceMoose

19 seems a weird number. I assume cat number 20 perished in a tragic J2 related eating accident?

It's a prime number the finest of all the number types. It was a good choice.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Made a rather grim discovery in Ravenwood last night on 22:11 - May 3 with 3219 viewsZedRodgers

Made a rather grim discovery in Ravenwood last night on 19:26 - May 3 by SpruceMoose

Top blubbing son, top blubbing!

How many friends do you have? I bet you any money you like that I have more friends than you.

No, not at the moment

Made a rather grim discovery in Ravenwood last night on 22:20 - May 3 with 3204 viewsZedRodgers

Made a rather grim discovery in Ravenwood last night on 19:29 - May 3 by J2BLUE

The points you’re trying to make here are so tenable. The Gardeners Arms on Fore Hamlet have a framed photo up of Leon McKenzie’s second goal against us. I don’t see any outrage for that.

Don’t act like you know more about Norwich to Ipswich pub infiltration that Zed Rodgers pal - because you don’t. I was in these boozers figuring out who’s who and what’s what when you were still a nipper. There’s absolutely nothing you could tell me about pubs.

No, not at the moment

Made a rather grim discovery in Ravenwood last night on 22:23 - May 3 with 3199 viewsBlue_Order

Just rip the c.nt down. Problem solved.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024