Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... 09:10 - May 8 with 63343 viewslinhdi

I went to the opening night on Friday. For once, I agree with the reviews in the press - this show is simply brilliant.

It tells the story of our FA Cup run and win in 1978, from January to May, through the lives of Town fans and their families. The script is very closely based on memories provided by Town fans. Each round of the cup is accompanied by a live band playing tracks from 1978, effortlessly moving from Blonde to the Bee Gees to The Clash (etc).

It is hilarious - I defy you not to spot a bit of yourself, and maybe of any family members who don't do football (you don't have to be a fan to like this show).

The actor playing Sir Bobby is just superb - voice, body language. Those who knew Sir Bobby best said he has captured him really well.

And then there was the moment, at the end, when...... (No, just go see it!).

Fans who were there have gone misty-eyed, saying it captures the feeling superbly. Those who weren't there get to feel a bit what it was like.

I'll be going a few more times yet. (Runs to 26th May).
Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 08:15 - May 17 with 8039 viewshoppy

Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 07:12 - May 17 by TLA

I'd really like to go and Saturday afternoon seems the best time. If I do, I'll give you a shout to say hello.

Excellent... you really must do it! Hope to see you there!

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 09:08 - May 17 with 7994 viewsitfcjoe

Just got tickets for next Wednesday evening - looking forward to it

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 11:16 - May 17 with 7935 viewsDeano69

Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 09:08 - May 17 by itfcjoe

Just got tickets for next Wednesday evening - looking forward to it

Remember its 'Hayfever' season, take tissues!

Poll: What view setting do you use for TWTD

Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 11:57 - May 17 with 7911 viewshoppy

Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 11:16 - May 17 by Deano69

Remember its 'Hayfever' season, take tissues!

This is very sound advice! I will certainly be prepared when I go again.

Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 14:17 - May 17 with 7833 viewslinhdi

Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 11:57 - May 17 by hoppy

This is very sound advice! I will certainly be prepared when I go again.

I've now seen it four times, and there's one 15 minute section - early in the second half - that gets me every time!!!I

The character of Sir Bobby has really come on during the run. Really good at the beginning, but hauntingly authentic now - not a McGowan-style impression, but a real, multidimensional performance.
Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 14:23 - May 17 with 7829 viewshoppy

Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 14:17 - May 17 by linhdi

I've now seen it four times, and there's one 15 minute section - early in the second half - that gets me every time!!!I

The character of Sir Bobby has really come on during the run. Really good at the beginning, but hauntingly authentic now - not a McGowan-style impression, but a real, multidimensional performance.

Sounds good. I'm looking forward to seeing it again.

Yasmin will as well, I'm sure, as she was chuffed after we saw it on the opening night and the cast were then in attendance at the Middlesbrough match on the Sunday, we were passing the main gate on the way to the fanzone when they were just coming out of there - and they were the first to say 'Hello Yasmin' before she could say anything to them!

We left our programme with one of the cast members so that they could get the young girls to sign it, as Yasmin had managed to get everyone else to do so afterwards, so we need to try and see if we can get hold of that again, although we can't remember who it was we left it with, so we'll have to try and see if we can ask!

Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 16:15 - May 17 with 7776 viewsLord_Lucan

I'm going to see it on Monday evening with a pre theatre meal at

Arrarrrraaarrat

Can't wait!

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 16:50 - May 17 with 7736 viewsHarry_Palmer

Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 16:15 - May 17 by Lord_Lucan

Arrarrrraaarrat

Can't wait!

That sounds like a mighty fine evening Lucan!
Login to get fewer ads

Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 17:27 - May 17 with 7713 viewsLord_Lucan

Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 16:50 - May 17 by Harry_Palmer

That sounds like a mighty fine evening Lucan!

Quite.

Originally it was going to be all the lads but we couldn't all agree on a date as some couldn't make one day or another - you know how it is.

So the only downside is I'm taking the old bag.

On a positive note I'm gonna have a whole bloody Sea Bream cooked on the griddle - and that's just as a side dish!

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 17:34 - May 17 with 7703 viewsHarry_Palmer

Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 17:27 - May 17 by Lord_Lucan

Quite.

Originally it was going to be all the lads but we couldn't all agree on a date as some couldn't make one day or another - you know how it is.

So the only downside is I'm taking the old bag.

On a positive note I'm gonna have a whole bloody Sea Bream cooked on the griddle - and that's just as a side dish!

Ah Man, I was getting hungry as it was, now I'm bloody starving!
Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 17:59 - May 17 with 7686 viewsLord_Lucan

Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 17:34 - May 17 by Harry_Palmer

Ah Man, I was getting hungry as it was, now I'm bloody starving!

Don’t know if you’ve been there but araraat (or however it’s spelt) is really good. They do an amazing lunch offer for peanuts.

Wonderful food, wonderful service.

I love that part of town, very diverse.

Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 19:27 - May 17 with 7628 viewsHarry_Palmer

Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 17:59 - May 17 by Lord_Lucan

Don’t know if you’ve been there but araraat (or however it’s spelt) is really good. They do an amazing lunch offer for peanuts.

Wonderful food, wonderful service.

I love that part of town, very diverse.

Yeah i've been once and it was great, i'm long overdue a return.
Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 21:05 - May 17 with 7569 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 16:15 - May 17 by Lord_Lucan

Arrarrrraaarrat

Can't wait!

Do they do the warm puffy bread?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If the choice is Moore or no more.

Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 21:48 - May 17 with 7541 viewsitfctim

Saw it today..Agreed, brilliant, and unmissable...but the programme...Our Blue Heaven.....fading into yellow and green?????....wtf?....a lot of thought went into that!
Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 22:09 - May 17 with 7529 viewsITFC_Forever

Just got back from it... and I urge anyone who hasn’t seen it / booked tickets to do so before it’s too late.

P 1123, W 500, D 287, L 336, F 1704, A 1356
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 22:33 - May 17 with 7512 viewslinhdi

Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 21:48 - May 17 by itfctim

Saw it today..Agreed, brilliant, and unmissable...but the programme...Our Blue Heaven.....fading into yellow and green?????....wtf?....a lot of thought went into that!

umm - the green stuff - it's a pitch... yellow lettering because it stands out (glad it's not red, as I'm colour blind). Glad you loved the show!
Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 00:15 - May 18 with 7440 viewsnorfsufblue

Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 22:33 - May 17 by linhdi

umm - the green stuff - it's a pitch... yellow lettering because it stands out (glad it's not red, as I'm colour blind). Glad you loved the show!

Went tonight, so proud of the job they have done on behalf of my club... really deserves a wider audience, it's got everything , a great soundtrack, a solid story line, humour, heartbreak....almost!?, great acting and a rousing happy ending! What more could you want??
Fantastic show everybody
Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 09:16 - May 18 with 7199 viewsitfctim

Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 22:33 - May 17 by linhdi

Thanks for enlightening me....
Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 22:42 - May 18 with 6869 viewsmonytowbray

Watched this evening with my Mum and my Nan. I wasn’t even born and I found that emotional.

Great to think we just had a theatre production to celebrate our past whilst the scum scramble together a few prolific underachievers to play a “legends” match vs a rent-an-Inter-OAP side because they got knocked out of Europe once.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 17:26 - May 19 with 6554 viewsSitfcB

Just, amazing. You could use any superlative.

Was fighting back tears and roaring with laughter throughout.

I've always wondered what it would've been like when we won the cup, I now feel like I was there and experienced it first hand.

Even now, 40 years on, the storylines are relatable, especially one of them.

As others have said, I would urge any ITFC fan, young or old, to go and see it whilst you still can.
[Post edited 19 May 2018 17:43]

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 17:42 - May 19 with 6533 viewsSitfcB

Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 22:42 - May 18 by monytowbray

Watched this evening with my Mum and my Nan. I wasn’t even born and I found that emotional.

Great to think we just had a theatre production to celebrate our past whilst the scum scramble together a few prolific underachievers to play a “legends” match vs a rent-an-Inter-OAP side because they got knocked out of Europe once.

Mate, I thought exactly the same about that Norwich thing. Give me this any day of the week. They won't ever be able to have what we've had/got.

COYB

Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 17:43 - May 19 with 6535 viewshoppy

Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 17:26 - May 19 by SitfcB

Just, amazing. You could use any superlative.

Was fighting back tears and roaring with laughter throughout.

I've always wondered what it would've been like when we won the cup, I now feel like I was there and experienced it first hand.

Even now, 40 years on, the storylines are relatable, especially one of them.

As others have said, I would urge any ITFC fan, young or old, to go and see it whilst you still can.
[Post edited 19 May 2018 17:43]

Echo that completely... as I took Yasmin to watch it for a second time...

Found ourselves sitting right behind Sitters... not with him, but near him!!

Just as good a second time, and as before, had a bad case of hayfever through most of it as my eyes seemed to have a fair bit of dust or moisture in them...

One week left to go see it if you haven't yet.
[Post edited 19 May 2018 17:45]

Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 17:49 - May 19 with 6531 viewsSitfcB

Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 17:43 - May 19 by hoppy

Just as good a second time, and as before, had a bad case of hayfever through most of it as my eyes seemed to have a fair bit of dust or moisture in them...

I spotted another twtder in the audience, and passed him whilst going into the toilet!

Good for you to experience being near me and not with me!

I think I want to go again with the Mrs.

COYB

Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 17:50 - May 19 with 6527 viewsHarry_Palmer

Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 17:43 - May 19 by hoppy

Right that's it, I said I wouldn't but I can't stand it any longer....I'm going again next week!!
Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 17:51 - May 19 with 6528 viewshoppy

Our Blue Heaven - brilliant, unmissable... on 17:49 - May 19 by SitfcB

I spotted another twtder in the audience, and passed him whilst going into the toilet!

Good for you to experience being near me and not with me!

I think I want to go again with the Mrs.

Yes, I spoke to another TWTDer way over to the right at the interval.

I suppose little R would be too young to take?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024